PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate Rare Drones

RayBob
25-02-04, 10:51
KK made a great decision about drones when the game was released...all drones could be blueprinted and they were sold in stores. Fabulous.

Then they came up with the rare drone concept and screwed up a good thing. How can a drone be rare but still be blueprintable? It doesn't make sense. The majority of E techs are now drone parts. They are the hardest and most expensive to research and worthless. Within a week of any new "rare" drone the BPs are widely available throughout the server. There is no point in having them drop as rares; just sell them in the damn stores.

Ray

Ryuben
25-02-04, 11:06
here here

makes no sens make it into a epic type mission run give people some thing to do then :D

RayBob
25-02-04, 11:12
Originally posted by Ryuben
...make it into a epic type mission run..Yea, that's a good idea too. Anything that gets them out of the rare pool. :D

mdares
25-02-04, 11:16
well remove them from teh normal rare pool yes... but dont remove them from the game... perhaps give em a run type deal like the terminator... tho more common...

so aint voting cuz not sure wut u mean: remove completely or remove from rare pool.

VetteroX
25-02-04, 11:23
removing drones from the drope pool would make everyone happy... everyone has the bps now. but kk isnt in the habit of doing small easy things to make people happy.

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 11:30
Originally posted by Ryuben
makes no sens make it into a epic type mission run give people some thing to do then :D

****** idea
epic items cant be destroyed ...

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 11:32
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
****** idea
epic items cant be destroyed ...

well, just make it so that the drones acquired through these runs CAN be destroyed?

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 11:35
so where then the sense of making the epic ?

drones still to strong, thats the problem not the blueprints ...

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 11:42
When he said epic type mission, I didn't understand it as a true epic mission, just one on a similar (perhaps a bit smaller) scale.

As to the strength of drones: I think droners have needed some loving for so long, and now that they've gotten some, people cry for a nerf at once. I say let droners go on a bit more with the current system, at least.

Many cry for nerfs instead of trying/learning to adapt to new changes, so if they get owned by a drone they havent seen before or fought before, they cry nerf instead or learning how to defend against it best, I think.

angelsenior
25-02-04, 12:10
does anyone know if the quality of a BPed and CSTed drone is the same as the one created from rareparts?
if its not the same quality then I'd say there is a small place for them in the rare pool.

Maybe make all rare drones to need less parts so they are less common in the rare pool.

OR make them non-BPable and have them (the complete drone) available through some sort of cave-run (like batqueen, chaos queen etc..), in this way they are not part of the rare pool, but are still commonly available to droners.

And NO, drones dont need a nerf!
There are so few droners around in the game which is a clear indication that this class wasnt viable so the boost they got is a deserved one.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 13:43
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
so where then the sense of making the epic ?

he meant as a run like doing tasks collecting bits and bobs to give to npcs in exchange for drones and/or drone bps not make them undropable or make them not lose percentage when repaired.

And tbh drone damage was fine before they upped it all they really needed to do was change the damage from pure energy on PNs so they werent against a resist that people are over specced for and which is stopped dead by shelter.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:47
Sad but true, the rare pool needs a lot of maintainence imo :/

Cyphor
25-02-04, 14:52
Yeah i posted this in a idea about cleaning up the rare pool a few weeks back, not only are drone parts uselss but 3 of the drones take 7 parts! When people say epic run i think they mean more like the monk pa run, however preferably more like the pa 4 run, dont want to make it too easy; perhalps have a requirement of a 2 slot storm laser or something along these lines, the strange book idea was nice but its been almost 5 months now and still no terminator run. :( By implimenting a run with whats already available in the game they could patch the changes in pretty quick without worry of there being patches where rare drones are un-attainable.

It could also be a way to help droners not have to gimp so much, by having a run you could repeat alot, droners could finally have rares of a respectable condidtion makign them easier to cap and freeing up some of their dex and int points for other skills :), ie they could do the run 10 times for 10 drones for combat, when they run out do it again.

Strych9
25-02-04, 15:42
Originally posted by angelsenior
does anyone know if the quality of a BPed and CSTed drone is the same as the one created from rareparts?
if its not the same quality then I'd say there is a small place for them in the rare pool.Nowhere NEAR the same quality.

A Punisher when built from rare parts CAN be as high as 120%/120%/120%/120%.

One built from a BP is 79%/79%/79%/79%, which no way of ever getting it higher.

So the disparity in quality is huge.

Myrlin
25-02-04, 15:46
I voted no.

I think droners should have a few high end weapons that they collect via rare parts just like every other class. Perhaps if combining the 5 or 6 rare parts yeilded a stack of 10 (or 20 or 50) rare drones instead of 1 people might be willing to use them for combat. With the huge number of rare drone parts that people have saved up in apartments, droners could have a huge stack of 120% revenges in no time.

Deanus_willis
25-02-04, 15:57
i think rare drones should be taken out of the rares pool. They are worthless and you can buy a BP for less than a rare part of the drone.
Maybe im wrong but they dont exactly seem to be very "Rare" o_O

gostly
25-02-04, 16:13
all they do is add 7 parts to the pool per drone...i think it was intentional to try and flood the pool with more parts...as drone parts are the only ones to get additonal hull

i still voted yes cuz i want them to get the fuck outta the pool...it's annoying as shit waiting 2 mins for an E part...having it fail a couple times...and then it comes out a drone part...:rolleyes:

jj dynomite
25-02-04, 16:43
Voted no.

We droners still look forward to getting a drone that is artifact in quality. they are a "rareity" but really help out once we get one.

Keep the rare pool just how it is. Actually...it would be good to put the drop rate back to the old school way of about 3 tech parts in 50 warbots. That would kick ass...people would have to actually work for what they get.

Jest
25-02-04, 16:55
I say change it to building a rare drone yields a stack of 20 and make them non-BPable because as it stands, once the first one is built on the server, no parts are needed any more.

naimex
25-02-04, 17:19
I voted sell in stores.. but what I actually meant was ::

How about somewhere in a remote location, with no GR or GoGu

A man was sitting in a small shed, and sold drones.. (RP wise :: He made the rare drones).

And then they could be bought from him..

then make them sto pdropping as parts.. make them unBPable..

and just make them cost an amount, which isnt too expensive and not too cheap.

if you want to buy a lot.. you either have to walk a lot of times, or bring someone that can carry a lot.. so you can take them from shed to gogu.. and make it somewhere with 2 zones to nearest GR..

Hell !!! make an island in the water with the shed, with the dronercrafter and his shop on..

introduce boats to the game.. and have the shop protected by all sorts of weird drones..

because the man was isolated on the island a loong time ago.. hiding from the persecutions of the City because his "NCPD Hoverthingies that once was in Plaza1" was built with a remote control device that allowed this dronecrafter to manipulate them...

which also could explain WHY they are not there anymore...

SeXy Happy
25-02-04, 17:22
People crack me up. Here people are syaing how worthless the rare drone parts are to them. However, when I want to buy one off of someone (a Revenge part) for 30k. They go nuts, because of the low price. Even though I am going to build it and blow it up with a click of a button.

I buy rare drone parts constantly. It's the only way to get better quality out of drones. But people don't want to sell them for cheap, and then they turn around crying about how they have drone parts filling up their drone pool.

If you want the drone parts out of the pool, then fine, make it a run, or sell them in stores, but make it to where we can build better quality drones than what we have. To where we can buy or do runs to get better quality rares than what we get from bp's. Otherwise you are just double nerfing us to shit. There aren't that many droners out there. This shouldn't be a problem. There aren't nearly as many droners as there are monks or tanks.

I think the people crying droner nerf are people that are imbarrased that they got killed by a spy that can be punched to death easily.

naimex
25-02-04, 17:25
Originally posted by SeXy Happy
People crack me up. Here people are syaing how worthless the rare drone parts are to them. However, when I want to buy one off of someone (a Revenge part) for 30k. They go nuts, because of the low price. Even though I am going to build it and blow it up with a click of a button.

I buy rare drone parts constantly. It's the only way to get better quality out of drones. But people don't want to sell them for cheap, and then they turn around crying about how they have drone parts filling up their drone pool.

If you want the drone parts out of the pool, then fine, make it a run, or sell them in stores, but make it to where we can build better quality drones than what we have. To where we can buy or do runs to get better quality rares than what we get from bp's. Otherwise you are just double nerfing us to shit. There aren't that many droners out there. This shouldn't be a problem. There aren't nearly as many droners as there are monks or tanks.

I think the people crying droner nerf are people that are imbarrased that they got killed by a spy that can be punched to death easily.

sounds like fun.. well of course "as per my post above" the dronecrafter is a skilled man.. the drones should of course be purchaseable in all qualities.. with a price for each quality... of course.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 17:27
Rare drones are fine.

The Drop rate is fine.

The pool isnt too large.

TRADE

SeXy Happy
25-02-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Rare drones are fine.

The Drop rate is fine.

The pool isnt too large.

TRADE

I agree.

Hell if you must get rid of them. Look me up on pluto and I will buy them from you.

But I don't see a problem with either side. Take them out...fine. But let me be able to get just as good quality from a shop. Keep them in....fine. Stop bitching when I want to buy a part that is completely 100% worthless to you and you were going to throw away, for only 30k.

Shadow Dancer
25-02-04, 17:34
I vote yes. However I really think it should stay rare only because I think rare drones should not be blueprintable and should return to the inventory when "dropped" or destroyed.

You know, that way rare droners don't need 200 of their main weapon unlike other classes. lol

But since that won't happen, I vote yes.

RayBob
26-02-04, 13:35
Originally posted by Myrlin
...Perhaps if combining the 5 or 6 rare parts yeilded a stack of 10 (or 20 or 50) rare drones instead of 1...Not a bad idea. That would make the drone tech parts worth collecting. Another idea is to make rare drones actually useable. Unlike normal drones, rares would deteriorate at the same rate as other rare weapons and they would never leave your quickbelt when you launched them.

The point is, either make the drone techs valuable or remove them from the rare pool. At present, they are useless.

SigmaDraconis
26-02-04, 13:47
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

You know, that way rare droners don't need 200 of their main weapon unlike other classes. lol

erm tanks usually have a good 190+ and droners have waaay more +RCL imps than tanks have +HC

personally i like Myrlins idea... about each set of parts yeilding a stack of 5+ drones of rare quality.

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 13:49
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
erm tanks usually have a good 190+ and droners have waaay more +RCL imps than tanks have +HC

I wasn't referring to the stat, I was referring to the weapon itself.

I'm sure your tank doesn't need to carry 7-8 cursed souls to each op fight.

SigmaDraconis
26-02-04, 13:53
oic :P lol

but in truth....

TSG
dev
cs
ms

so close enough :P tho i dont carry the TSG very often these days

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 17:30
There are too many threads started on this idea.

A rare weapon should be hard to get, no matter how much any 1 individual uses it in game. The ELECTRIC TEMPEST is a worthless rare in my eyes, but somebody might use it and enjoy it.

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 18:07
I came up with this suggestion in another thread:

Make rare drones no longer researchable and let them be constructed in sets of 10 (or more) drones from one full set of rare parts.

This way they can stay in the rare pool and will be *true* RARE items.

Of course, the number of drones constructed out of each full set of rare parts should reflect a realistic amount, I have very little experience with drones and how fast the get destroyed. So 10 might be way to few ... or too many ;)

EDIT: voted NO

Another thread/poll on this subject (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1249390#post1249390)