PDA

View Full Version : Devourer....

Opar
25-02-04, 00:13
Was just in a little scrap with some BD at an OP, and, actually, IMO, the dev isnt THAT overpowered.

Anyway, about 5 mercs standing around Drakk, then about 7-10 BD come, with 2 or 3 PPUs come. 2 dev tanks. I only had Haz 3/Spy 3/ Psi 3 on me (no S/D). Anyway, they both started chasing me, so i thought 'oh shit'. One of them dropped out to work on our PPU, the other was still chasing me. He had SD on him, and i was working away at him. And, tbh, it was pathetic @_@. He had his little dev flaming away, and i was pounding him to shit and back. He got stack upon stack on me, but i was still standing. Until a PPU healed his ass and he layed the smacketh down on meh.

Anyway. The Dev doesnt need a *huge* nerf IMO....

Or he could have been a shit tank.

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 00:14
Agreed. Devourer doesn't need nerfing. All iterations of the raygun, however, do.

Opar
25-02-04, 00:15
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Agreed. Devourer doesn't need nerfing. All iterations of the raygun, however, do.

It need a tiny nerf, more of a tweak than a sledgehammer. Rayguns need a nerf though, aye.

Ghost_Shifter
25-02-04, 00:16
shit tank...

Hey btw.. who TF made that shield banner? your baby sister? =P

Argent
25-02-04, 00:17

I think Dev needs a small nerf, not big one.

But rayguns? Why on earth they would need nerfing? :eek:

Opar
25-02-04, 00:17
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
shit tank...

Hey btw.. who TF made that shield banner? your baby sister? =P

*immatation*

*squeaky voice*

Hi, im ghost, im a leet graphocs ****** and blah blaah blaaah.

:p

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 00:19
Originally posted by Argent
But rayguns? Why on earth they would need nerfing? :eek:
100% accurate, perhaps? I can run around as much as I want, the only weapon that will hit me is a RayGun. In my opinion, no weapon in the game should have frightening accuracy, otherwise what's the point of speccing runspeed at all?

Heavyporker
25-02-04, 00:30
Um.. what about lasers?

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 00:33
They're accurate. They don't have the damage output of being hit in the face by A FUCKING FAMILY OF EIGHT!

That said, killed by a Ray of God newbie again. That'll teach me for daring to go up against him with anything other than a Ray of God! That'll teach me!

sultana
25-02-04, 00:34
Maybe the raygun pistols need a slight nerf, (though only the rolh, the blacksun is fine). But the RoG needs a boost if anything :/

Psycho_Soldier
25-02-04, 00:37
Don't forget, Doom Beamer is considered a "ray gun", and that needs boosting.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 00:46
Um, either he had a shit dev or the freq wasnt capped or he didnt aim very well ...

the dev is too powerful for tl 98

*edit someone nerf ghosts sig :P

Kal
25-02-04, 00:47
RoG dont need a boost, it and RoLH were never nerfed at all, they just didnt look so good against all the other boosted weapons

Lagos
25-02-04, 01:07
100% accurate, perhaps? I can run around as much as I want, the only weapon that will hit me is a RayGun. In my opinion, no weapon in the game should have frightening accuracy, otherwise what's the point of speccing runspeed at all?

in my opinion only ray pistols need a 'nerf' - lower the clip size.

about the 100% accuracy, high damage - if you complain about ray guns, what do you think of apus - highest damage in the game and no need to 'aim' at all ?

edit: just for the record, I dont use rayguns - they're fucking ugly weapons, if you ask me ... style > damage output / aiming :D

greets, Lagos.

VetteroX
25-02-04, 01:17
if mumblyfish can see ray rifles/pistols need a nerf, then everyone should be able too... ray of last hope is named that because its the last hope for people who suck to exploit a weapon thats too good. rolh is getting a nerf next patch in damage, thank god. dunno about rog.

Invertigo
25-02-04, 01:19
IMO the dev does need nerfing, just not that big of one...

not as big as the mysterious HL nerf anyways...

edit: i was testing my HL (almost capped damage) on my friends tank... and i did 15 damage to him... ive got screens to...:rolleyes:

edit again: he wasnt buffed either BTW:p

greploco
25-02-04, 01:36
Rayguns need a nerf though, aye.

are you kidding ?

greploco
25-02-04, 01:38
I can run around as much as I want, the only weapon that will hit me is a RayGun.

if the only wepon that can hit you is raygun, well then something is wrong with the other wepons. noone should be that immune

StryfeX
25-02-04, 01:39
As long as you have room to move around, the Dev isn't *that* big of a killer. It's when you get fucking glued to the ground that it takes you out faster than *anything* I've experienced thusfar ingame that's not mob-based. (I've been blown away by a Harbinger in two shots before due to lag. Ouch. o_O) So in the end, yes, it does need a nerf. I still haven't fought enough Dev tanks to really say how much though.

As for rayguns... Isn't this topic about the Devourer? Sure, they need some major tweakings, but that's for another thread.

--Stryfe

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 02:11
Originally posted by greploco
if the only wepon that can hit you is raygun, well then something is wrong with the other wepons. noone should be that immune

It was an exaggeration on my part. Of course, no matter how hard I try, I still get hit by other weapons. But even with crappy kamikaze resists I can put up an even fight against anything other than a raygun. Cursed Soul? Four balls kill me, but I can sometimes kill the tank. Seems fair. Devourer? The same. Gatlin range? Same. Liberator, Judge, Executioner, Slasher... all the same story. But weapons like the RayGun basically dickwhip you and say "You're a stupid bitch for trying to play the game differently, now get a cookie-cutter setup and quit whining!"

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 02:38
Originally posted by Opar
Was just in a little scrap with some BD at an OP, and, actually, IMO, the dev isnt THAT overpowered.

Anyway, about 5 mercs standing around Drakk, then about 7-10 BD come, with 2 or 3 PPUs come. 2 dev tanks. I only had Haz 3/Spy 3/ Psi 3 on me (no S/D). Anyway, they both started chasing me, so i thought 'oh shit'. One of them dropped out to work on our PPU, the other was still chasing me. He had SD on him, and i was working away at him. And, tbh, it was pathetic @_@. He had his little dev flaming away, and i was pounding him to shit and back. He got stack upon stack on me, but i was still standing. Until a PPU healed his ass and he layed the smacketh down on meh.

Anyway. The Dev doesnt need a *huge* nerf IMO....

"APUs have no fucking defence we'd be fucked in op wars without S/D WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
Right okay ¬.¬

superfresh
25-02-04, 08:03
If the Devourer is ok, then there's nothing wrong with stealth, parashock, or anything else in the game IMO.

Bl@zed
25-02-04, 09:29
*immatation*

*squeaky voice*

Hi, im ghost, im a leet graphocs ****** and blah blaah blaaah.

:p

not down with the mock :p
but if you want something done better than what looks like something that of a 2nd grader PM meh :D

Original monk
25-02-04, 09:54
Originally posted by VetteroX
if mumblyfish can see ray rifles/pistols need a nerf, then everyone should be able too... ray of last hope is named that because its the last hope for people who suck to exploit a weapon thats too good.

rofl vetterox, you have funny ways of explaining things, this is a really good one :) but youre right on this one :)

as for the devourer i think he isnt that overpowerd ... but if everyone else thinks he is then nerf em to shit for all i care :) i use my cs to fight tanks and my dev to kill apu's and ppu's ...

a PE dies as fast to cs as to dev :) (when they dont stealth and run away to heal up behind the corner every 2,3 seconds ..)

and a spy dies if ya fart on em

do with the devourer what you like, but i dont see why it is overpowerd ... if ya fight one ... yust keep a small distance and everything is ok ... but ya cant keep a distance camping the PP1 zoneline ffcourse :)

Dissenter
25-02-04, 10:15
2 of the images in Opars banner are from a sig I made a while ago, the rest is just butchered stuff :)

g0rt
25-02-04, 10:40
dev is overpowered in some situations, in others its not

either way one thing is for sure....its the most feared weapon in the game right now and its tl98

i dont think i need to say ANYTHING else....

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 10:42
Originally posted by g0rt
dev is overpowered in some situations, in others its not

either way one thing is for sure....its the most feared weapon in the game right now and its tl98

i dont think i need to say ANYTHING else....

I think on average you're correct about people fearing the Dev the most, but I think many PE's (if not all?) would rather fight a tank with a Dev than a tank with a CS. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I fear a CS much more than a Dev.

Hence, that was why you wrote that it was overpowered in some situations, and not in others?

g0rt
25-02-04, 10:53
most PE's i know have very low poison and fear the dev alot more then the CS

getting tons of por isn't a problem on a tank or monk but it certainly is a problem on a pe or spy

either way, people laugh at certain tl115 weapons, and then fear some tl98 weapons

right there you know somethings up

Original monk
25-02-04, 11:03
Originally posted by g0rt
either way, people laugh at certain tl115 weapons, and then fear some tl98 weapons

right there you know somethings up

the thing that is up with that is that they should boost weapons surrounding tl 115 yeah :) like disruptor, first love, doombeamer and more of that stuff :)

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 11:32

right that, when u seen a skilled cm in the last weeks ?

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 11:45
/edit nvm.

Archeus
25-02-04, 12:02
Devs not too bad if you have a good chance to run away and keep your range.

Gohei
25-02-04, 13:33
Yeah keeping a 10m distance from the slowest class in game is not that hard, really.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:44
Originally posted by Gohei
Yeah keeping a 10m distance from the slowest class in game is not that hard, really. Watch some other well skilled tanks move sometime.

Sure the other classes are faster, but, not by a lot, not even remotely a lot.

It looks slow on your screen as you run with your weapon out, it feels slow on your screen but it sure as hell is not on anyone elses screen.

Gohei
25-02-04, 13:47
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Watch some other well skilled tanks move sometime.

Sure the other classes are faster, but, not by a lot, not even remotely a lot.

It looks slow on your screen as you run with your weapon out, it feels slow on your screen but it sure as hell is not on anyone elses screen.

What has that to do with anything ? As long as the target is out of the 10m range, i sure as hell cant aim them. And as far as i know, the aiming reticle is on MY screen.