PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO 2.30.196: Release Candidates discussion

BramTops
24-02-04, 22:51
Heya... for the upcomming release of NLpro 2.30.196 I need a few betatesters (about 5 to 10 at max - I already have 5 "in-house").

The ItemGFX's core has been modified/enhanced and allthough it (still) runs like a charm here I'd like to have some other people to try it before I release it to the masses.

I want beta-testers to:
- get the freakin max out of every feature. Try to MAKE it crash.
- not test it for 3 mins and yell, hey it (doesn't) work(s). If it doesn't, try if you can see why.
- have at least *some* knowledge of itemgfx *OR* NC-related files/bugs (not really required, but if you're a real pc n00b you can't do much for me ;))
- have used NLpro before!
- be serious about this! Dont gimme crappy reports i can do nothing with.
- have time to do this within 48 hours after I've send them the link

The things that need to be checked:
- install procedure (minimal checking)
- enhanced graphics (maximum checking)
- winamp controls (maximum checking)
- chatlog feature (maximum checking)
- other features (moderate checking)

Reply to this thread stating your
- NLpro accountname
- NC language
- windows version
- directx version
- itemgfx experience
- current problems with NC
- current problems with NLpro
- anything else you think I'd have to know regarding this

Feel free to discuss upcomming features,r feature-requests or anything NLpro related here too!

I will PM the selected runners with the download URL once the deadline closes (will be stated in this thread).

Regards,

Bram

Ascension
24-02-04, 23:00
- NLpro accountname
- NC language
- windows version
- directx version
- itemgfx experience

Ascention
English
XP- professional
Ive used it to make belt gfx

ive done the beta before.. wanna count me in?

J. Folsom
24-02-04, 23:19
I'd help, but unfortunately haven't got acces to my normal computer for a while. Because of that I've got no computers with 3D acceleration, and thus can't play Neocron.

Ascension
24-02-04, 23:50
i got a PM but it was in German and im english:confused:

Maarten
25-02-04, 02:20
Huh? Bram doesn't speak German... :confused:

Ascension
25-02-04, 02:27
Sorry it was dutch i found a translator :);)

Maarten
25-02-04, 02:45
Ah, that makes more sense... :)

Psyborg
25-02-04, 03:45
English
Windows XP Home
none but would like to try
none
none
I would like to try beta testing because I was goin to dl NLpro neway

BramTops
25-02-04, 03:48
Originally posted by Ascention
Sorry it was dutch i found a translator :);)

Oops... sorry.. thought you was that other dutch guy... guess not... ;)

You'll get the PM, Ascention :p

El_MUERkO
25-02-04, 03:51
El_MUERkO or Elison Muerte cant remember.

English

XP Pro SP1

9b

?

Some rares say Gasmod for flamer and the odd crash.

Some graphics not appearing for the new specific appartment keys and little red boxes appearing in my tray when i load NLpro but if i drag over them they disappear.

Nope.

petek480
25-02-04, 03:55
Pete
English
Windows XP
None
None
None

Ascension
25-02-04, 18:55
*owh* waits 4 link

*pus on testing goggles*:lol: :)

Candaman
25-02-04, 18:59
Cannings
English
Windows XP
None
NC
None

spongeb0b
25-02-04, 19:08
spongebob
English
windows xp pro
direct x 9
been messing with IGFX it for a while now, amature modding on some items.
some FREs on zoning, nothing major apart from the common problems in NC
never had a major problem with ncl pro apart from the IGFX icon apearing on the taskbar and not dissapearing until I mouse over it. once again nothing too bad
I lub joo ! :D

BramTops
25-02-04, 20:49
Here a preview of the slightly improved website:

http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/screen1.jpg
comments please.. ;)

Selected runners will receive a PM within a few hours with the link to the beta.

Current status:
- website as good as done....
- winamp controls are done
- chatlogger still causes problems. No logs are created and a nice FRE upon exit :(
- new batqueen bones are being worked on, haven't found a decent colorcombination yet
- trying a new install-method... this way iGFX wont be responsible for integrating the new graphics... less chance on problems.
- a few installer improvements

Ascension
25-02-04, 20:51
sexy.. ima gonna make a new skin its gettin 'boring' :o

also wanna include my updated world map?

BramTops
25-02-04, 21:36
Skin away Ascention.. please do! I need more good skins/interfaces... I'm not very good at them..

Keep in mind that the horizontal rows with "Neocron news" and "runners online on..." are seperate images and not part of the background. So you'll need 2 images now.

And yes.. .please send the new worldmap to NLpro@creITive.com

Thanks

BramTops
25-02-04, 22:49
PM's to beta testers are on the way... From now on this thread will be used to discuss the findings of the beta-testers.

BramTops
25-02-04, 23:33
TO BETA-TESTERS:

I'm constantly uploading new beta versions each time i get something fixed.

My uploading speed aint that great, it takes 4 to 5 minutes to upload the whole file (4.32mb). If you're downloading and get a smaller size, cancel the download and try again a minute later... coz you'll get an corrupted installer.

The chatlogger function is currently entirely disabled. There are some troubles with it and i'm working with Telepath to see if it still can be included with 2.30.

THE WEBSITE HAS BEEN OPENED TO THE PUBLIC/BETA TESTERS. IF YOU'RE SEEING UNALIGNED STUFF IN THE LAUNCHER WINDOW, DONT WORRY. IT WILL WORK ONCE 2.30 HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. IT SHOULD BE OK FOR THE BETA-TESTERS THOUGH

If you want the website to show correctly, save these 2 files in your C:\ root:
http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/nclauncher1.jpg
http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/nclauncher2.jpg

spongeb0b
26-02-04, 00:26
the installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /ncrc comand line switch (NOT RECOMENDED)... erm... ne one? help, I tryed redownloading it a couple of times and still no luck...

BramTops
26-02-04, 00:28
Originally posted by BramTops
TO BETA-TESTERS:

I'm constantly uploading new beta versions each time i get something fixed.

My uploading speed aint that great, it takes 4 to 5 minutes to upload the whole file (4.32mb). If you're downloading and get a smaller size, cancel the download and try again a minute later... coz you'll get an corrupted installer.

I just double-checked it... it's fine now. Try again.

spongeb0b
26-02-04, 00:31
nice one fella it's being sexeh again :D

Ascension
26-02-04, 00:46
* I was using it first time seemed to run fine.. then it closed rpos/ then opened.. and i could no-longer type

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 01:01
This happens if your mouse is over an control (winamp?) your keystokes get then directed to the winamp plugin.

Just move the mouse away from the control and Neocron recieves the keystrokes again.

Its not a bug. Its a feature!

Psyborg
26-02-04, 01:03
Yea for some reason I cannot get mine to come up at all...I dled it in the directory and when I click it the lil neocron banner comes u like in the installer but then it goes away and nothing else happens at all....nothing in the systray or anythin....was just wondering if anybody might have a solution to this....also bramtops you got another pm

BramTops
26-02-04, 01:17
Originally posted by Psyborg
English
Windows XP Home
none but would like to try
none
none
I would like to try beta testing because I was goin to dl NLpro neway

feck.. just saw this (must have been sleeping)... you need directx 9

OR do NOT install the "enhanced graphics", "winamp controls" and "chatlogger" features...

Gonna put a check on this in the installer..

Ascension
26-02-04, 01:18
i am experiencing lots of FRE's atm maybe its just the game:confused:

BramTops
26-02-04, 01:22
i am experiencing lots of FRE's atm maybe its just the game:confused:
Uninstall NLpro and see if they are still there.

Download the latest beta from the URL I PM'd ya (there's no way to see if it's a new beta... just try)

If they are gone after uninstalling install NLpro with only 1 feature enabled... if still no FRE's, install with another feature. Try to pinpoint the error.

Also, the chatlogger should be kept disabled (it isn't there anymore in the last beta). I'm working with telepath to see if I can get a working version before the 2.30 release.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 01:33
I've runned the runtime part (ItemGFX) 9 hours in plaza 1 for stability testing, chatline-event testing. I had no FREs

Can you specify, in which situations hou have FREs? And does the callstack.log the a refer to "ProLauncher.dll"?

Psyborg
26-02-04, 01:38
Nicely done Bramtops :) works good now :) thanx
Psy

Ascension
26-02-04, 01:44
i think its the game no worries still testing tho.. trying to zone etc..

and now im clicking the buttons on control madly MUHAHAHAH:lol:

Psyborg
26-02-04, 01:48
i was wonderin about the site version and if i have the latest one or not

edit: ah i figured it out

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 02:09

On install (nice music by the way :)) you are able to select and deselect the various features you want.

You can select either crosshair 1 or crosshair 2 but you cant delselect meaning you have to have one of NLPros crosshairs, you cant use NCs original crosshair.

----------------------------------------------------------

The NLPro website is slightly too big for the launcher so you get a scroll bar on the side and bottom.

spongeb0b
26-02-04, 02:57
installation is fine no problems there, love the winamp controls, however they do force a FRE if you are hacking and the track changes... zoneing is fine, chat is good, love the tech part notifications, very swish, large amount of testing done on winamp and the tech feature, no typos i can see, ( I know there are prolly loads in my post but i dont care tbh im tired) logging to different chars seems faster and less buggy now, not one FRE there and al on first attempt. winamp controls needs a shuffle button imo but not essential... i'll continue testing in the morning but so far nice work bram I like :)

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 03:05
a FRE if you are hacking and the track changes...

Can someone confirm this please? Or were you able to reproduce it already?

Hmm, does anyone know a "safe" hacking spot i can do my debugging sessions without getting whacked?

Ascension
26-02-04, 03:25
Skin away Ascention.. please do! I need more good skins/interfaces... I'm not very good at them..

Keep in mind that the horizontal rows with "Neocron news" and "runners online on..." are seperate images and not part of the background. So you'll need 2 images now.

Thanks
well i had a shot here it is..

http://farcryuniverse.com/ncf/pics/example.jpg

anyone else think it looks cool?:cool:

Psyborg
26-02-04, 03:58
Originally posted by Mighty Max

Hmm, does anyone know a "safe" hacking spot i can do my debugging sessions without getting whacked?

maybe in ure appy and killin a friend who doesnt mind it so u can hack his belt

edit: also ascention...not bad :) I like :)

Kasumi
26-02-04, 04:01

Outzone there is a room with two hack boxs, but you have to get througha hackable door too.. :) I cant remember which outzone it is though.. Also thereis a tower north of Military Base you can hack a box and probably not be noticed.. :)

Edit: I used to have a chart with all the hackable boxs in the game but I dont know where it is located now! Let me see if I can find it for you! :)

Psyborg
26-02-04, 04:17
OK just updated my comp to DirectX 9.0b so i could use the enhanced Graphics so I did and I reinstalled the NLpro with the enhanced Graphics package but now everytime I do it I see the icon in the systray and then it loads the neocron launcher and all of a sudden the icon in the systray goes away and the NLpro site never shows up but instead shows a "Action Canceled: Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." Does anyone have a solution to this problem? thanx
Psy

masterguyver
26-02-04, 08:54
anybody else notice that when you hit the play button the launcher opens to 2 ip address and opens 2 port acess area. sence i know one is for noecron. what is the other ip adress for?

J. Folsom
26-02-04, 12:58
Hmm, does anyone know a "safe" hacking spot i can do my debugging sessions without getting whacked? Lower part of the sewers near the passage to plaza 2 in plaza 1 is reasonably safe.

If you can't find it, check the map, should have sewers included if you've got this NLPro version installed. :)

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 13:00
Originally posted by masterguyver
anybody else notice that when you hit the play button the launcher opens to 2 ip address and opens 2 port acess area. sence i know one is for noecron. what is the other ip adress for?

I think its for the buddy tracker, I tried adding people and blackice went all paranoid on me.

BramTops
26-02-04, 13:06
Originally posted by masterguyver
????

maybe ItemGFX is doing that... what are the IP's? The IP of creitive.com is 65.77.212.93

BramTops
26-02-04, 13:10
Originally posted by El_MUERkO

On install (nice music by the way :)) you are able to select and deselect the various features you want.

You can select either crosshair 1 or crosshair 2 but you cant delselect meaning you have to have one of NLPros crosshairs, you cant use NCs original crosshair.

----------------------------------------------------------

The NLPro website is slightly too big for the launcher so you get a scroll bar on the side and bottom.

1. Yes I know... I'm hurting my brain on how to fix this. Currently they are configured as RadioButtons... hence you cant deselect both. The installer scripts is giving me a hard time, but I almost got it finished.

2. Hmm... the website isn't to big here. Maybe it's related to the windowsXP theme. Could you try switching to the Classic theme in your display properties? (I've disabled theming on my rig alltogether for performance, so cant test this myself).

BramTops
26-02-04, 13:12
I think its for the buddy tracker, I tried adding people and blackice went all paranoid on me.

???? again

The buddie tracker in the NLpro website? All that does is make some extra entries in the buddie-table in the NLpro database. But thats just website-stuff and all hapens server-side. Not even cookies are involved....

What did blackice say? (what contacted what and why?)

BramTops
26-02-04, 15:08
NEW INSTALLER IS UPLOADED (4.51Mb) !!! (only for the beta-testers though ;))

New:
- Every install now performs an uninstall (you wont notice it) before starting installation. To prevent problems and make sure all items are gone before installing.
- Installation types added: Full, Minimal, Safe, Custom (Safe disables every option that uses ItemGFX ;)).
- Deselecting both crosshairs works now.
- Added feature: "remove game credits".
- Added features: "Startmenu shortcut", "Desktop shortcut" and "Quicklaunch shortcut".
- Added DirectX detect feature (gives notice if directx 9 is not installed).
- Added install-dir approve function (it now wont install in anything else than the NC folder).
- Feature-select screen organised.
- Added/updated credits
- Installing "enhanced graphics" doesn't use ItemGFX anymore

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 15:13
Will install it when i get home tonight.

I didnt check what tried to access Blackice, will look at the log when I get home.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 16:33
I was able to reproduce the crash while in the hack-screen. It seems that any plugin that calls a Echo() while in hacking will crasah in an FRE.

Im gonna check how to solve that and will send BramTops a fixed version then.

Btw. ItemGFX is not connecting to anything. At least i did not include code for this. Allthough i bundled a ICQ-Api dll. Dunno if this is causing this. but it would wonder me since the calls are disabled atm.

BramTops
26-02-04, 19:09
VERSION 2.30.196 Release Candidate 1 RELEASED

Just got the chatlogger working. And except for the winamp/hacking bug there's not much else left to do (spend about 9 hours working on it today).

For everyone who wants to try, you can download the RC1 here (http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe). This *could* be the final release, but until it is, dont come back and blame me if something fails... :D

Post your findings here pls.

Load_HeavyLoad
26-02-04, 19:13
i have NLpro now but for some reason i dont get a backround screen only a link back to the normal neocron screen (not even the recent one either:( )

BramTops
27-02-04, 01:06
VERSION 2.30.196 Release Candidate 2 RELEASED

This fixes a bug in the installer and improves some detection-functions (so now even less likely you'll do something with it you aren't supposed to).

The bug fixed went as follow:
- when selecting MINIMAL or SAFE MODE installation type BEFORE going to the CUSTOM page, the (hidden) itemgfx section/feature would be disabled.
- Now installing all (selectable) features would result in ItemGFX not being installed.
- The launcher knows however it should start ItemGFX before launching, but since it's not there it gives a "File not found" error and quits.
But this has been fixed now.

New:

The ItemGFX feature is now visible and selectable from the CUSTOM installation menu. However, you can NOT deselect it if ANY feature that requires it is still selected. Also, it will be automaticly selected if you select a feature that requires it.

When pressing NEXT on the installation types screen, the installer performs a directX check (depending on the selected features) and informs you if there are any problems.

Get it here: Dutch mirror (http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe) (4.55Mb)

There's still no support on this RC, but please post any problems you might encounter here and I'll make sure they get fixed.

Maarten
27-02-04, 01:15
That neocron-crashes-when-track-changes-while-hacking is VERY annoying. Just went WB hunting and it happened at least 5 times... :(

This is a bug that needs to be on the must-fix list...

BramTops
27-02-04, 01:21
MightyMax already found what's causing the problem. It will be fixed before the final release.

Anything else? :cool:

spongeb0b
27-02-04, 05:20
ok i sacrificed alot of SI for this test and found that genrepping is slower than it used to be and it sometimes results in a fre... anyone else find this? btw the second ip thingy could be winamp?? idk i sux at this but i thought i'd suggest it?

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 14:25
Was crashing a bit last night, syncing and winamp may have some issues.

Will test some more tonight with the latest release.

BramTops
27-02-04, 14:38
Originally posted by spongeb0b
ok i sacrificed alot of SI for this test and found that genrepping is slower than it used to be and it sometimes results in a fre... anyone else find this? btw the second ip thingy could be winamp?? idk i sux at this but i thought i'd suggest it?

What are your system specs?

And it can't be "just" genrepping. If there really was something that would make this slower it would also affect zoning for example.

Zoning speeds can vary a lot! Could ya please try stuff like zoning 20 times and measure the speed with a stopwatch or something (both with AND without NLpro). Then, together with your system specs, we could draw some conclusions.

I haven't noticed *any* degrade in performance whatsoever, but my pc might be a tad to fast for that.

Hey... this is what beta-testing is all about! Don't sign-up if you're not willing to spend some serious time (see thread title and first post) ;)

@ El_MUERkO
Same goes for you (and all other beta-tester ofcourse) ;) Please gimme some detailed & tested results. I dont *need* you to also find the sollution... that would be my job.

Neocron's performance/bugs can vary a lot from time to time. Even on the same pc. So please give it some thorough testing.

Regards,

Bram

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 14:52
I'm a software tester, I'm to lazy to find solutions but I can test, I'm going to do some zone line jumping with winamp on and off tonight, it could just be that the extra CPU cycles required to run winamp are making neocron more unstable but you can work it out from my findings :)

spongeb0b
27-02-04, 18:08
zoning is ok, same with and without nlpro,
GR is kinda slow with winamp going, without it is same as without nlpro. Found that the same track change problem was causing my gr crashes

Load_HeavyLoad
27-02-04, 18:59
Hmm im getting at the bottom right corner that its an old version even though its the new one O.o

Ascension
28-02-04, 15:27
Hmm.. Loaded up NL Pro today was running fine.. when i click the win amp controls sometimes its lags 4 2 secs:(

Mighty Max
28-02-04, 15:30
Yeah, thats lag because its waiting for WinAmp to response ... i should change it to asynchronous, shouldnt i?

Ascension
28-02-04, 15:31
whats tht meano_O

oh yeah i had an idea.. how about making it so when u open the Launcher (pro) it loads up win-amp;)

J. Folsom
28-02-04, 15:32
Yeah, thats lag because its waiting for WinAmp to response ... i should change it to asynchronous, shouldnt i? Probably. It's a bit silly for a plug-in to force you to wait until WinAmp responds, and thus disallow you from doing anything.

Candaman
28-02-04, 15:40
right i've been testing this for a couple of days now waiting to find a fault to post here. So far i have only good things to say about this.

The winamp title appearing is teh sex and to be able to control winamp volume to drown out clan mates on voice comms is genius.

The new graphics/crosshairs are wikid the tech parts being listed when u open a mob/cabinet is brilliant.

I'll let u know when i find the fault but the way things are going i'm not hopeful i'm gonna find one.

Great stuff Max and Bramtops

El_MUERkO
28-02-04, 16:35
The side scrolling bar appears when you have an XP theme but not with classic, the webby is maybe 4 pixels too wide.

-------------------------------------------------------

When I start up NLPro a small red box appears in my system tray when I scroll over if with the mouse it disappears. When I close neocron there will be two more red boxes waiting for me.

Ascension
28-02-04, 16:41
yeah its the ItemGFX tool;)

it stop u from having to install the graphics:)

it just loads up the program instead

BramTops
28-02-04, 19:09
Okay... thus so far current bugs have been found:

- Website to big for launcher when using XP themes
- winamp controls issues
--- FRE when hacking or changing zone and winamp changes song
--- delays when using controls
- IGFX icon remains in systray upon igfx exit

did i miss anything?

Apart from the website bug all glitches are igfx related. MightyMax is working on them while I'm posting this. I'll fix the website in a sec (can anyone check if its ok now?)

I'll post RC3 when I get the new itemgfx files.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Regards,

Bram

PS. Quick side-note: The launcher website now also registers non-registered users and they also count towards the "online" total. Those non-registered user "accounts" (=only a log of the IP) will be removed after 3 weeks of inactivity (registered accounts after 6 weeks).

This said and done, after this thread the usercount has exploded to 515 users (of which 222 are unregistered)!!!! :D So almost 300 registered users now... :D

BramTops
28-02-04, 20:23
Wondering... should i add stuff like this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92344&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) in NLpro? Lemme know...

Load_HeavyLoad
28-02-04, 21:11
i know i havent registered to be a beta tester but ive been treying it out abit, havin had the oas ones for a long time then getting the new one from the 4.99 MB Dutch mirror i got jsut some picky things on appearance, for me the info is too big and too far to the left, and at the bottom, if u have an emal i can send you a screeny of what mine looks like but general gameplay i get a few Fres when opening Citycom but nothing more thna ususal

Mighty Max
28-02-04, 21:21
To inform u all by the progress. I have succeeded in removing the little red systray icon. It should not appear in a parametered start like NLP does. Its fixed.

The winamp on my PC now is controled asynchronous. only function that _need_ to wait for a retunr, like retrieving volume etc... will still wait for Winamp being ready.

The Crash on Hackscreen tho is a tought guy. I thought i'd solved it in the first play, but everytime it crashs again...

BramTops
28-02-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Load_HeavyLoad
i know i havent registered to be a beta tester but ive been treying it out abit, havin had the oas ones for a long time then getting the new one from the 4.99 MB Dutch mirror i got jsut some picky things on appearance, for me the info is too big and too far to the left, and at the bottom, if u have an emal i can send you a screeny of what mine looks like but general gameplay i get a few Fres when opening Citycom but nothing more thna ususal

All NLpro related stuff can be emailed to NLpro@creITive.com

StryfeX
28-02-04, 22:24
Wondering... should i add stuff like this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92344&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) in NLpro? Lemme know... Personally, I don't think so, Bram. I think it would be more beneficial to focus on launcher/graphics stuff. Maybe you can make it an optional download off your site though?

Better yet... Prod Smoker into keeping it updated for you. :p

--Stryfe

Ascension
29-02-04, 00:45
Hmm.. i was using the prog and suddenly thought.. aswell as having the controls.. why not have the timer on aswell e.g

[ 3:32 << [] [> >> [][] ] well kinda but could this be implimented?

if so it would be sweet;)

Mighty Max
29-02-04, 00:57
Sure it can :p upto to millisecs in detail.

Ascension
29-02-04, 01:05
Sure it can :p upto to millisecs in detail.

seriously.. why dont you add it and see what people think??

Mighty Max
29-02-04, 01:14
I'd like to remove that hacking crash first tho ...

BramTops
29-02-04, 13:57
Hmm.. i was using the prog and suddenly thought.. aswell as having the controls.. why not have the timer on aswell e.g

[ 3:32 << [] [> >> [][] ] well kinda but could this be implimented?

if so it would be sweet;)

Uhm... maybe when both NLpro and iGFX are 100% perfect and we have nothing left to do. Apart from it being somewhat "cool" what use does it have to be able to see the track-time of a song in Neocron??? I cant think of any ;)

BramTops
01-03-04, 17:37
Just uploaded a new installer....

Allthough this version has no new and/or fixed features, it now also creates a "NeoLauncher PRO setup.exe" in your Neocron folder (and a link to it in your start-menu).

This setup detects the features you have installed and let's you remove them or add new ones.

You can get it here: clicky (http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe)

I have noticed that a lot of people are using these Release Candidates already. Allthough it shouldn't be a problem I'd like to stress that this still is NOT the FINAL version. You are free to try this version, but please DO NOT MAKE ANY CONCLUSIONS!!!

If you've read this entire thread, you know that there are still some issues that will be fixed with the final release.

These RC's have (minor, but still) issues!!! Do NOT contact me with questions about anything 2.30.196 related. If you've found something in these RC's that think that needs to be improved or fiexed, post it here!

Jeros82
01-03-04, 17:45
I wanna test, if i may ......

Don't have a NeoLauncherPro buddy name (for as far as i know)

Dutch
Win XP
DirectX 9.0b

At the moment i have the Alt-Tab glitch which i hope will be solved already / vey soon.

Let me know Bram....

Greetz.

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 18:50
Wondering... should i add stuff like this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92344&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) in NLpro? Lemme know...

I'd add it bram, it can do no harm and will save people having to look for this extremely handy tool.

If theres anyway to add a save option to it then you would truely rox sox :)

BramTops
01-03-04, 23:55
LATEST RELEASE CANDIDATE IS UP!!!

This one should fix all the problems mentioned in this thread (like the winamp/hack crash, systray icon, etc..).

I've tested it today for a couple of hours and found no problems myself...

If the beta-testers (and anyone who is willing) could test this last version and give some feedback pls. If all is well I could release this version to the public as a final.

Thanx

Download again at: here (http://www.chello.nl/~b.tops/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe)

I'd add it bram, it can do no harm and will save people having to look for this extremely handy tool.

If theres anyway to add a save option to it then you would truely rox sox :)
And i would also like some comment on this issue.... Allthough the program itself is absolute crap (pardon my french), it still is the best in it's sort. And many people find it useful... it would be no problem to include it... how do you feel 'bout it?

g0rt
02-03-04, 00:06
I would be happy to test out the new version, up until the last version I have been a big fan of NLPro and used it daily...but it seems like in the last version, i cannot alt tab without my gfx going crazy, and camo PA doesn't show up....so I cannot use it atm.

I would love to test out the new beta, and i would probably be a decent tester due to NLPro not agreeing with my system as of late :D .

- NLpro accountname
- NC language
- windows version
- directx version
- itemgfx experience

NLPro accountname: ZoneseeK
NC Language: English
Windows Version: 2000
DirectX Version: latest (9.1 i believe?)
itemgfx experiance: none hehe
current probs with NC: nothing that doesn't plague 90% of hte community
current probs with NLPro: camo PA doesn't show up, item graphics are screwed up when launching neocron directly through the client.exe, alt tabbing screws up graphics

Mighty Max
02-03-04, 00:09
Your problems should be resolved by that version Gort.

BramTops
03-03-04, 00:48
More than a 100 new users no and reports of any errors here.... Nice.

I'll make some final adjustments and release the final soon.

(The final wil also include the skillmanager)