PDA

View Full Version : switching characters

da_pimp
24-02-04, 19:42
when i want to switch characters on the same account or even on a different account i cant do it quickly

how do i make it so i can switch from one character to another fast

Sargas
25-02-04, 00:37
What do you mean with "quickly"? Normally you log out and can relog instantly.

Hazard01
25-02-04, 13:34
No you canīt SWITCH BETWEEN chars really fast.

If you log out it seems to take the server something more than the 10 seconds to close your char. If you relog to fast you will get a sync screen. Perhaps a problem with the server or what ever.

I have to wait a little time too....only thing that MIGHT work is to change the port fast (perhaps changing the file with a little batch program) and then trying to relog.

But I doubt that this will help a lot...perhaps a second or two faster.....

Hugo1978
25-02-04, 15:51
You always have to wait 30 seconds, before you can switch to your next char.
I dont remember why this has been added, but i think it was some kind of security problem.

cMz
25-02-04, 16:17
Switching from one account to another can be done as quick as you can restart Neocron.

If you press ALT+F4 to close NC down, and restart it with another account, you dont have to wait 30 seconds.

[CiX]Brad
26-02-04, 15:50
Im not sure this will work since it only works for two accounts on one PC but give it a try.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90262

I have posted information towards the bottom that works properly since I do it all the time on my noob.

But as the other guys said it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to reset your account or somit like that. Anyway if it dont work then you will just have to wait to relog in and stuff mate.

Have fun

Brad

:cool:

da_pimp
26-02-04, 18:09
well i have 2 comps for running 2 accounts at the same time but i cant switch from one character to another in a fast amount of times cuz it sucks when i go to do op fights and i got 8 characters logged there and i try to log another one after one of my other characters die and it takes me too long

cMz
27-02-04, 09:21
Having 2 computers, you can switch between them.

Run 1. combat char on account 1
Have account 2 ready to log on (showing the char you want to use highlighted)
When account 1 char 1 dies, ALT+F4, restart NC, switch to comp 2, log on
When account 2 char 1 dies, ALT+F4, restart NC, switch to comp 1, which should be ready to log on by the time you die

and so on. It should not take long that way.