PDA

View Full Version : Possible Event ?

~Drav~
24-02-04, 15:32
Hows this

Give us a taste of what NC is like with zero safezones

Theres a huge ass malfunction at the NCPD COPBOT Controll Center (Kinda explains why its blocked off:rolleyes: ;) ) And All the Copbot's go dormant ... Meaning they cant warn you or shoot you for drawing a weapon. Opening up the NC Streets for some fun ;)

Patch it in on a wednesday And then patch it out the following wednesday :) A 1 week event :) Giving people a taste of what its like without safe zones, then once the malfunctions are sorted out at the NCPD, The coppers come back into action and shut things down

Whaddya think ?

VetteroX
24-02-04, 15:34
yes absolutely.... anyone who says no is a filthy carebear and should be banned for excessive carebearism.

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 15:35
Would be a cool idea, it'd also a way to iron out any bugs with the 'no safe zone' code from DOY before it hits the servers.

/ugh! i agree with vet, i feel dirty :p

deac
24-02-04, 15:45
lol what a week it would be :)

Jerto
24-02-04, 15:48
Originally posted by VetteroX
yes absolutely.... anyone who says no is a filthy carebear and should be banned for excessive carebearism.
I voted yes but I care for bears and sometimes I hug trees too !!!

~Drav~
24-02-04, 15:48
Originally posted by Jerto
I voted yes but I care for bears and sometimes I hug trees too !!!

Dont invite flames on my thread, take it to DM ...

VetteroX
24-02-04, 15:50
look , 2 people said no, but they stick to their nature and are too cowardly to post why and who they are.

If you say no, say why.... you can deal with 1 week of not cowering in a safe zone for gods sake...

Nightbrother
24-02-04, 15:50
Grate idear! Fejv starrz! :D

Cant wait for that week. Gonna be a blast, literally.

@ jerto
Ecky ecky ecky ecky p'tang zoom boing zebl owl shiv... :p

Mumblyfish
24-02-04, 15:51
Goodie. A week of staying in my apartment!

~Drav~
24-02-04, 15:52
look , 2 people said no, but they stick to their nature and are too cowardly to post why and who they are.

If you say no, say why.... you can deal with 1 week of not cowering in a safe zone for gods sake...

:lol:

The people that voted no are the hardcore ppl (that love the zoneline in PP to jump into when its a bit hairy ;))

Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Goodie. A week of staying in my apartment!

Well take those 2 bloody kami's out yer head ..... O_o!

cRazy2003
24-02-04, 15:53
yea i like the idea, but what would happen to the ca guards in plaza 1?
yea the idea wud rule, id be up for it, i dunno if the noobs wud appreciate it much tho lol :p

Mr_Snow
24-02-04, 15:55
Originally posted by cRazy2003
yea i like the idea, but what would happen to the ca guards in plaza 1?
yea the idea wud rule, id be up for it, i dunno if the noobs wud appreciate it much tho lol :p

Guards in P1 id kill the guards in P1, finally get my revenge for killing my spy when they first came in.

garyu69
24-02-04, 15:55
sounds a good idea.

although i would have thought a week would be too long for RP.
A week is about 6 months in-game :s

Mumblyfish
24-02-04, 15:57
Originally posted by ~Drav~
Well take those 2 bloody kami's out yer head ..... O_o!
No, I'm more concerned with the lack of safezones for meetings and transportation. Give those back and of course you can have your second Pepper Park for a week.

~Drav~
oh btw, as tech haven is essentially a safe zone :mad: remove the turrets at TH for a week aswell ...

VetteroX
the noobs can suck the barrel of my Judge... tough luck, its a harsh world.

love how people prove me right, another no, no identification, no explanation. COWARDS.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 16:00
The only explanation for a no sofar is mumbly, yeh granted point, but you still have apartments, clan apts, HQ's etc..
and afaik its changeing to no safe zones across all server with DOY just bars and HQ's becoming safezones.

Mumblyfish
24-02-04, 16:12
The only explanation for a no sofar is mumbly, yeh granted point, but you still have apartments, clan apts, HQ's etc..
and afaik its changeing to no safe zones across all server with DOY just bars and HQ's becoming safezones.
And how do you suggest we GET between apartments and HQs? They'll be camped. Apartment exits will be camped, city genreps will be camped, the game will turn into Quake With Levels for a week. And those of us who don't have PPUs taped to our dicks or stealth like no-skill little fuckers suffer. Woo?

Nightbrother
24-02-04, 16:15
the noobs can suck the barrel of my Judge... tough luck, its a harsh world.

love how people prove me right, another no, no identification, no explanation. COWARDS.

I dislike the way Vet talks down to people, but you guys who say no to this, please come forward and state your views. I can understand some people who don't even bother to explain why they said no, though. All they will encounter after posting an explanation is subjective slander from Vet. Vet you really need to learn the meaning of the word constructive. :p

I voted yes, btw, cause I have no doubt in my mind that such a week (or 3 days or how long it will be) will be absolutely exciting. People who don't want to participate can still find quiet places to do their work and to level. It's not like the wastelands are crowded with people.

/edit: Thanks, Mumbly, for posting an explanation.

Nightbrother
24-02-04, 16:19
And how do you suggest we GET between apartments and HQs? They'll be camped. Apartment exits will be camped, city genreps will be camped, the game will turn into Quake With Levels for a week. And those of us who don't have PPUs taped to our dicks or stealth like no-skill little fuckers suffer. Woo?

I must agree to this, though, about the apt. exits being perma-camped probably. What this week should bring is not pk-lovers possibility to gank as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. This game holds so much more than just that. Thats Neocron for imagi-n00bs. (= the unimaginative bunch)

Also, don't expect any new players who register that week to stay in the game. They will most likely be scared off, having been killed 25 times the first day for no reason.

Strych9
24-02-04, 16:26
Lets remove safeslots for that same week... and THEN see who the cowards are. :rolleyes:

Its not the carebears that beg for the safeslot, or that come to the safezones to beg for pokes when they cant get them anywhere else and then turn around and mock the idea of safezones, or abuse the zone line in PP1 so they can heal without getting killed in the safety of Plaza 3.

So dont let yourself think that this idea would bother the carebears much. Only a SMALL portion of the game even has safezones right now, and every big bad PKer out there relies on them to an extent. The carebears... true carebears... will have the LE in anyway, so you being able to pull out your gun in Plaza 1 wont bother them. Spies will be stealthed whenever possibe.

You act like it would be some PKer paradise, but I think thats hardly the case. It would be PK paradise until you had to go looking for pokes the first time. Then it would be a hassle.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 16:29

Just like it happens in TG Canyon every day ?
Just like it happens in TH every day ?
Just like it happenes in TG every day ?

Mumbly, when DOY does eventually come what you gonna do ? Because its changing to that, just with HQ's and the bar's as safe zones . . .

Mumblyfish
24-02-04, 16:32

Mumbly, when DOY does eventually come what you gonna do ? Because its changing to that, just with HQ's and the bar's as safe zones . . .

Constant PKing and apartment/GR camping doesn't happen in TG or TH every day. Come to think of it, I've never seen it happen AT ALL. Occasionally some people will come in to raid. Woo. That's nowhere near the extent of this train-wreck of an idea.

And when DoY comes around there'll still be protection in the mainstreets. Pulling a gun will get you shot. Plaza, bar the back-alleys, will always be safe. Always.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 16:35
Constant PKing and apartment/GR camping doesn't happen in TG or TH every day. Come to think of it, I've never seen it happen AT ALL. Occasionally some people will come in to raid. Woo. That's nowhere near the extent of this train-wreck of an idea.

And when DoY comes around there'll still be protection in the mainstreets. Pulling a gun will get you shot. Plaza, bar the back-alleys, will always be safe. Always.

OK hows about removing safe zones due to the malfuction of their radar system, dont quite sense that their drawing weapons etc, so youve still got the static copbots and patrolling copbots there ... :rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 16:36
yeah great idea

*cough*

Strych9
24-02-04, 16:38

Mumbly, when DOY does eventually come what you gonna do ? Because its changing to that, just with HQ's and the bar's as safe zones . . . Not QUITE the same.

The city of Neocron has several factions that all start within 3 zones of each other. Nothing stops you from moving around unless you have neg SL. Even a TG can run all over the city except for the guards inside of medicare. So once you are in the city, you can easily get around.

To GET to TG you must run past a combination of DOY bots/Y replicants/TG guards that shoot on sight/up to 120/120 fire mobs/hoverbots/hoverbombers.

There is a single genrep inside of TG that is public. Otherwise you must genrep a few zones out and run in past the above obstacles.

In the city, there are TONS of public genreps. So access is not the same.

As a TG, you can run around TG with relative comfort. Why?

1. Its hard to get there
2. It has always been that way, so people are used to it

You get the occasional BD raid party, and thats fine.

Now think about Plaza 1. The second you open that up, you have the opposite two conditions as above.

1. Its easy as hell to get there
2. It has never been open, so people arent used to it.

Combine those two ideas, and Plaza 1 will be MUCH more strife-filled than TG or TH has ever been.

If Plaza 1/all of plaza were the LEAST bit defendable, maybe it would be different.

But you cant draw a comparison between the two.

In DOY, yes there wont be safe zones as they are now, but TG will be moved to inside of a city instead of having their own fortress of solitude, and there will be safe places where people can get tradeskills done. Removing the safezones in Neocron right now = NO safezones at all... it is NOT the same as it will be in DOY.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 17:05
Originally posted by Strych9
Not QUITE the same.

The city of Neocron has several factions that all start within 3 zones of each other. Nothing stops you from moving around unless you have neg SL. Even a TG can run all over the city except for the guards inside of medicare. So once you are in the city, you can easily get around.

To GET to TG you must run past a combination of DOY bots/Y replicants/TG guards that shoot on sight/up to 120/120 fire mobs/hoverbots/hoverbombers.

There is a single genrep inside of TG that is public. Otherwise you must genrep a few zones out and run in past the above obstacles.

In the city, there are TONS of public genreps. So access is not the same.

As a TG, you can run around TG with relative comfort. Why?

1. Its hard to get there
2. It has always been that way, so people are used to it

You get the occasional BD raid party, and thats fine.

Now think about Plaza 1. The second you open that up, you have the opposite two conditions as above.

1. Its easy as hell to get there
2. It has never been open, so people arent used to it.

Combine those two ideas, and Plaza 1 will be MUCH more strife-filled than TG or TH has ever been.

If Plaza 1/all of plaza were the LEAST bit defendable, maybe it would be different.

But you cant draw a comparison between the two.

In DOY, yes there wont be safe zones as they are now, but TG will be moved to inside of a city instead of having their own fortress of solitude, and there will be safe places where people can get tradeskills done. Removing the safezones in Neocron right now = NO safezones at all... it is NOT the same as it will be in DOY.

Would it not be upto the city clans to work together to fortify a zone that is safe and patrolled then ? Im pretty damn certain that alot of anti city runners wuold rather get past guards AI then the thinking of 15 players O_o

Leave viarosso safe zone then, traders etc can go there and shock horror it might get the zones occupied for once and maybe stay that way after ...

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 17:07
As much 'fun' as ganking people in plaza sectors would be, its never gonna happen nor is it a good idea 'just for a week' ...

Can we get 'american community talk' for the world wrestling entertainment fans plz

~Drav~
24-02-04, 17:11
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
As much 'fun' as ganking people in plaza sectors would be, its never gonna happen nor is it a good idea 'just for a week' ...

Can we get 'american community talk' for the world wrestling entertainment fans plz

Thats one of the most useless posts ive seen b4 .....

[Edit]The community is already practically segregated into english speakers, germans and french via the server setup's, why not make the americans and english divided eh :rolleyes:
Ive seen forums work where there are multiple languages, if you cant read it, dont reply to it, simple as. But due to the forum setup and server setup things _do_ seem a fair bit segregated to me.

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 17:13
Thats one of the most useless posts ive seen b4 .....

Nice grasp of the english language

And why isit useless, im giving lord vetterox the primary reason why, as much fun as it'd be this would never happen on retail.

BiTeMe
24-02-04, 17:13
I haven’t voted yet, but if I did it would be a big..fat..juicy NO

My only reason for this is we have enough idiots on the server who think it's really big and clever to gank people in the back as it is, or GR camp, or kill n00bs in the aggie cellar as everyone who doesn't have SL above rank 30 must to be much of a challenge for them.

With this kind of mentality from certain runners all I can see is dead tradeskillers everywhere. Yes, admit it....even though being a researcher sucks, and a constructor is boring as hell people do actually play Neocron to tradeskill. Do you want these same people to not bother playing NC for the week you have this "event" planned for?

Yes, good idea if as planned with DoY you can make restaurants and bars etc safe zones for this week as well.

Glok
24-02-04, 17:14
Originally posted by Strych9
Lets remove safeslots for that same week... and THEN see who the cowards are. :rolleyes:Haha. Quite right.

Voted yes btw, but the chances of this happening are slim to none.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 17:19
If you leave viarosso a safe zone youll just see most the PP fighters moving over to the P4/Via1 zone \:

If your apartments being camped, theres a GR in there that sure is usefull :rolleyes:

If you get ganked as a trader, just point blank refuse to deal with any of their clan ever again. Or hell, make friends that have fighting chars and get them to get revenge.

The way I see it, is the city clans would most likely, if they had a remote bit of organisation, sort out a kind of patrol themselves fortifying a zone or 2 where traders could be. Easiest ofcourse would be plaza 1 over by the CA HQ, lots of guards there to help if theres a big rush to get through etc.

Its not gonna be the end of the bloody world as we know it, infact sooner or later its happening anyway with BDOY .. .. ..

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 17:25
/\

I'm with Drav, we're going to have to deal with these problems when BDOY comes out so lets put them into practices now, we can see where problems arise and solve them.

Lafiel
24-02-04, 17:25
yes!!! total havoc! EXCELLENT

BiTeMe
24-02-04, 17:42
If you get ganked as a trader, just point blank refuse to deal with any of their clan ever again. Or hell, make friends that have fighting chars and get them to get revenge.

I am assuming you are not familiar with how ganking works?
What you do is you wait till there is someone on his/her won, and then you make sure that they are sufficiently gimped for combat, ie with SL or hunting with 50% health left, or a tradeskiller. Then you kill em and wonder at your amazing 1337 pk'ing skillz.

So, I decide to run into plaza 1 and kill a bunch of people, then do a runner like all the real hard people do. How do your combat capable friends find me?

Another scenario
Tradeskiller 'A' gets killed by 1337 pk'er 'B'. Tradekiller 'A' get's poked up and is trading again when 1337 pk'er wants his armour repaired so he asks tradeskiller 'A' to do it. Most people at this moment will tell him to go &^*$ himself and so does tradeskiller 'A'. End result is tradeskiller 'A' needs more pokes.

You can not change the game for the quake/ut heads and not give something to the others

Myrlin
24-02-04, 17:46
I voted No.

My reason is that no group of city clans will be able to fully defend the city.

Is it possible to be a tradeskiller in PP1? No? But what about all those people outside fighting to keep you safe? It just can't be done. Even if you find a brave tradeskiller willing to risk it, you won't find many brave customers.

If the safezones were implemented in the bars and HQs then perhaps I would have considered voting yes, but even then, we all know KKs reputation for screwing up patches and the last thing we need is for this to be partially implemented and then left broken for weeks.

Strych9
24-02-04, 18:58
Would it not be upto the city clans to work together to fortify a zone that is safe and patrolled then ? Im pretty damn certain that alot of anti city runners wuold rather get past guards AI then the thinking of 15 players O_oSorry, while that SOUNDs nice, if you think that can be done, you simply havent spent enough time in Plaza 1.

Remember, TG Canyon was DESIGNED to be defended and raided. Plaza was never designed for that. TG is also all one faction- Plaza is NOT the home of just one faction. In TG (I have spent a lot of time there lately) you have a runner outside mobbing, sees the incoming raiding party, and announces it on faction. With Plaza, one of what, five factions can get the announcement, but the rest wouldnt. You are asking several clans in several factions to somehow unite in a defense...

First, lets assume its Plaza 1, since that at least has genreps that anti-CA factions cannot use (those guards are staying the same right?)

So, how do you defend plaza 1? Well, you have to cover the Plaza 4 exit, the Plaza 2 exit, and the Plaza 3 exit. All three are basically bottlenecks, so you theoretically COULD establish some sort of defense there. Okay, so three exits.

Then a lot of runners have their started apartment inside of Plaza 1- they start NEXT or whatever and have apartments up in those lofts by the medicare station. So you would have to constantly watch your back as well in that you can have a few runners that attack you from above/below.

So your suggestion is to have city clans protect three entrances and run a general watch just to allow a noob poker to do some business?

That is unrealistic in every sense. TG has no safe zone, but its situated such that you can still easily do business there without fear of constant PKing by enemies.
Leave viarosso safe zone then, traders etc can go there and shock horror it might get the zones occupied for once and maybe stay that way after ...I am pretty sure leaving Via a safezone would defeat the WHOLE point of this.

Then simply Via would replace Plaza, no problem. Nothing is different, except that people that dont yet know about the switch would be ganked a few times in Plaza.

So Via would replace Plaza, and now Plaza would be just like PP in terms of where it connects to Via.

Nothing different except more places to PK, and the name of the safe zone.

I too would love to see Via made into the tradeskiller area, but I dont think that is what you are after in this poll, and I dont think the people that voted yes would want the safezone to simply be moved instead of removed.

dr.fish
24-02-04, 20:10
that'd be awesome, so much fun :) and so much dying :(, but who cares...

just leave the tl 115 pokers alive plz....

what would be good to prevent gr camp is have no synaptic or make it impossible for people to shoot u if u have synaptic impairment.

besides it's just a week..... Carebears can download the NFS UG demo during that week :p