24-02-04, 08:25
LMFAO heh people never learn lol KK aint gonna fix it :P
wait for DoY and c wut happens ;)

Kasumi
24-02-04, 08:31
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko
LMFAO heh people never learn lol KK aint gonna fix it :P
wait for DoY and c wut happens ;)

Reakktor CANT fix all the fatal errors, unless the community helps! Send in your error logs when you crash and they can find out what happened so they can fix that particular fatal error!

TheGreatMilenko
24-02-04, 08:41
Originally posted by Kasumi
Reakktor CANT fix all the fatal errors, unless the community helps! Send in your error logs when you crash and they can find out what happened so they can fix that particular fatal error!

yes send in all yer bugs maybe ull get 100k w00t

DonnyJepp
24-02-04, 08:42
Originally posted by Kasumi

Wrong answer good buddy, KK don't want any more callstacks:

Please do not send anymore callstacks in. They are unneccessary as we are converting to the expansion pack soon which will change up much of the game.

That's what they sent me when I started sending them in again a couple months back. KK is not seeking community help to fix crashes with the current code.

Invertigo
24-02-04, 08:54
dont you guys think that if the problems were truely fixed in doy, then why wouldnt they just fix them in regular NC?

to piss you off so much and make you buy DOY just so you dont have to deal with them?

kinda good marketing stratagy...:rolleyes:

no but seriously, if they new the cause and the fix, the shit would already be done and over with...

BUT maybe the new engine will help witht he crashing alot...HOPEFULLY anyways

Benjie
24-02-04, 09:06
ffs...

doy uses DX9 to change the engine shit loads.
NC should change shit loads too. Hopefully in the FRE area, and hopefully for the best.

tbh, I have hardly been playing nc recently, so the fre's don't bother meh.

Originally posted by Invertigo
dont you guys think that if the problems were truely fixed in doy, then why wouldnt they just fix them in regular NC?

to piss you off so much and make you buy DOY just so you dont have to deal with them?

kinda good marketing stratagy...:rolleyes:

no but seriously, if they new the cause and the fix, the shit would already be done and over with...

BUT maybe the new engine will help witht he crashing alot...HOPEFULLY anyways
Nice theory, but DOY alters the engine. The engine is part of the DOY upgrade. They couldn't fix the fre's in the engine as it stands now, but with the new engine code they may have elimiated fre's completely.

amfest
24-02-04, 09:47
but with the new engine code they may have elimiated fre's completely.

I'm sure it'll bring a whole new host of problems. incompatiblies and such. But we'll have to wait for till we get to that moutain in order to cross it. The big questions are: When we get to that point how fast will they move to fix the problems? How much will the community help in sending in their problems and any info needed? Or will we just see the same ol' threads about crashing maybe 1 or 2 where everyone complains but 100 nerf this nerf that and make my class uber threads. . .

Argent
24-02-04, 12:56
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
is there anyway to fix FRE?

Yes.

Uninstalling Neocron.

Sefran
24-02-04, 13:00
Yeah if they rewrite there code or to heavy changes....o_O

Elric
24-02-04, 13:03
God almighty, dont you people pay attention?

Stability Fix (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91752)

Read it fully before trying anything. It probably wont work for 56k users, unless theyre usign an external modem.

Lucjan
24-02-04, 13:05
Originally posted by Sefran
Yeah if they rewrite there code or to heavy changes....o_O

Thats exactly what they did/do to the engine code for BDoY. From my own experience most "FREs" come from the graphical part of the engine, netcode or AI on it's own dont have usually an impact on it, graphics and AI combined to graphics does. So lets hope for the best aka lets hope the new bugs comming with BDoY will be easiert to fix ;-)

Barak
24-02-04, 13:07
Fix the FREs?.. hehe they been around longer then i can remember
but hopefully that DoY engine update will help

OT - what happened to fenix Elric? :confused:

Mighty Max
24-02-04, 13:11
FRE's are the modern form of a blue Screen. So it's not one Bug causing this but several uncommon occasions that shouldnt be there.

Most times this FRE hits me the reason is Access_Violation. Equal to General Protection Fault. But that can have millions of reasons. And i think KK already removed a big bunch of those possible situations.

But as MS they will have hard time to remove all. Yet the real Blue screen is still seen sometimes after now 15 years of windows...

Elric
24-02-04, 13:13
Originally posted by Barak
Fix the FREs?.. hehe they been around longer then i can remember
but hopefully that DoY engine update will help

OT - what happened to fenix Elric? :confused:

he got the ban stick :(
Only from the forum though I think.

Anyways, FRE's CAN be fixed!

Read that thread I posted, I aint FRE'd in days (well, on Pluto at least, Saturn still did twice, but it was always crash happy for me, however, the usual on satun for me was like on every zoning, so twice in 6 hours is kinda acceptable :))

I was FRE'n relatively regular, at least once or twice every half hour. Now I dont.

at all.

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 13:18
Extra memory helps with FRE's

numb
24-02-04, 13:24
I used to get heaps of FREs, mainly on zoning or connecting the server. (in the log they were always an access_violation in ntdll.dll - maybe ntdll.dll is used to access the tcp/ip stack)

I was sharing the internet, with another PC connected running a wingate server. I changed that PC from Win98/Wingate to a copy of coyote linux and I lost virtually all my fatal runtime errors.

So check your router, maybe a firmware update will do it. Attempt to use an alternative way of connecting to the internet (eg try dialup if you are on broadband - to see if the problem lies in how you are connecting to the internet - try bypassing your router/firewall and plugging your pc directly online).

I tried loads of things on my pc (driver changes, firmware changes, cmos settings etc) to improve the stability in neocron, and when it came down to it, it was the network at fault.

I actually believe a lot of fatals are the result of a network error somewhere along the way and I *dont* believe that simply upgrading the game engine to directx9 will do anything to improve the network code. I hope it's all fixed up to accomodate more players with BDoY - because I FRE more on saturn than I ever do on pluto (although not nearly as bad as before i fixed my problem).

Ascension
24-02-04, 18:10
Quoted off Barak's sig
I do doubt anyone sying they a girl till I hear them on vent ( I still swear Ascentions a girl though).

o_O

i'd hate to see the girls you hang around with.. i guess there trannies:lol:

Elric
24-02-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Ascention
RAAR, I IS DA MANLY MAN!

:p

Ascension
24-02-04, 18:22
Originally posted by Elric
:p

manipulation:rolleyes:

Quede
24-02-04, 19:06
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Extra memory helps with FRE's

1 GB of RAM in this dual P3 1Ghz Win2K Pro box, GeForce2 GTS,
FRE's just as much as a machine with 512MB.

I took the advice of another poster and fixed my FRE problems
permanently. Goto into Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs....

Buh Bye now.