PDA

View Full Version : Screen capturing

Xian
24-02-04, 06:36
I have a friend who is on a Radeon 9800 128MB graphics card and cannot take any captures of videos whilst he is watching them. I vaguely remembered a solution from long ago, which was turn the hardware acceleration down to zero, but that buggered the quality. He's on XP Pro, by the way.

Is there some sort of free program or way around this in Windows that will allow him to capture images full-screen with no crap quality?

Thanks in advance.

suler
24-02-04, 06:37
Just search downloads.com for a screencapture utility, most decent ones can capture everything. I've tried hypersnap dx or something like that and it worked pretty good.

Drake6k
24-02-04, 06:39
For games use fraps.
There isn't a crack on google for it *cough*
www.fraps.com

As Neocron uses a old version of direct x and everything is on your processor fraps runs like ass with it... (or something like that...)
I've got a 3.2 ghz, gig of ram, and a ti 4600 and cant get past 18 fps alone in the wastelands in poor recording quality... (that's pretty good for neocron...) I'll make a nice video after DoY comes out and they fix the engine.

Xian
24-02-04, 06:41
Originally posted by Drake6k
For games use fraps.
There isn't a crack on google for it *cough*
www.fraps.com

As Neocron uses a old version of direct x and everything is on your processor fraps runs like ass with it... (or something like that...)
I've got a 3.2 ghz, gig of ram, and a ti 4600 and cant get past 18 fps alone in the wastelands in poor recording quality... (that's pretty good for neocron...) I'll make a nice video after DoY comes out and they fix the engine.

He's trying to make captures of his own video that's uploaded onto his computer. I know about fraps as I'm making my own movie, heh. :)

Archeus
24-02-04, 07:23
Virtual Dubber allows you to pull frames from a movie, and is totally free.

http://www186.pair.com/vdub/