PDA

View Full Version : Article about girl gamers

Jest
23-02-04, 21:55
Noticed an interested article linked on /. that I figured the forum might enjoy. It's main focus is CounterStrike but I think its pretty relevant here in Neocron-land.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3496963.stm

Personally, my ego is not hurt when a female beats me in a video game. Just the opposite in fact, a female beating me is extremely hot. :eek:

Zanathos
23-02-04, 21:58
Oh Im sure you do get all hot after...........

:D

Opar
23-02-04, 22:02
My mum likes to play The Sims.

KimmyG
23-02-04, 22:02
Everything needs to take the CPL stance and deny any gender leagues seeing as there is no need for them.

superfresh
23-02-04, 22:03
Hey who are they calling "geeky" ??!!

ZoomZoom
23-02-04, 22:04
Originally posted by Opar
My mum likes to play The Sims.

is she hot tho O_o

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 23:05
*searches for a DoME clanserver*

Psyco Groupie
23-02-04, 23:09
your sad if you know what this means :

the blonde one is heatons girlfriend!!

Vid Gamer
23-02-04, 23:11
"I have played computer games since I was a kid," says Ms Maller, a member of the Danish clan, DoMe.

Bwahahaha

icarium
23-02-04, 23:14
i saw that earlier. those 2 chicks are fit o_O i reckon they are stunt doubles or something

Angelina
23-02-04, 23:19
Hey, thats cool! I also want a female Clan :D . would be fun... but its also fun to be in a mixed clan!

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 23:28
Heaton is a penis :yes

Boozbazz
23-02-04, 23:36
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
your sad if you know what this means :

the blonde one is heatons girlfriend!!

I have no idea :wtf:

girl gamers are 'interesting' to quote my ol' roomie

Jest
23-02-04, 23:45
I was in a mostly girl clan in NeverWinter Nights. It was pretty fun, I love tearing other guys up alongside girls. Most guy gamers will either treat girl gamers like gods or garbage. Its absurd at the effect girls have over guys in MMOs. I was talking to my clannies about this the other day. Its like having breasts instantly makes you worthy of worship in Neocron. Personally I treat females the same as I do guys. I get along better with girls for some reason, but that doesnt mean Im going to swoon over them and fall in love with them and start to makes passes at them. Mainly because I will question the gender of every 'female' player until I meet them irl, and out of all of them I know Ive only met one, when we met for coffee when she was in town. :P But also because they get enough of that crap from the other guys. ;)

Vid Gamer
23-02-04, 23:47
From what I've seen in the RL pic thread, most of the girls who play Neocron are kinda hot.

Danae
23-02-04, 23:52
I did the "have your say" thing on the bbc site, but I figure I'll post what I said there here in case it's not posted :P

---

Not only am I a female gamer, I am part of the dev team for an online game Neocron (www.neocron.com) Very few people have ever disrespected or persecuted me for being involved in gaming. In fact, many men (young and old) seem to embrace female gamers, thrilled to know there are some gals in the world who share their "geeky" passion.

Personally I could not stand it if gaming was segregated based on sex. Not only is it sending a message that women aren't in the same "leauge" as men, but it's a blast from the past as we move further and further into the cyber age. In the virtual world of online gaming gender, age, sexual preference, etc. do not matter. Skill is the only factor, and that is definitly not based on whether you stand or sit to pee.

I don't deny that a majority of the top gamers are male, but there are many women out there who possess the skill and ability to compete with the best regardless of their sex. As more females grow up with computer access, there will be more and more involved in gaming. That doesn't mean we should change games to appeal to females. I would be personally be insulted if they started adding vanity mirrors and lipstick in game just to get more "girls" playing.

Jest
23-02-04, 23:52
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
From what I've seen in the RL pic thread, most of the girls who play Neocron are kinda hot. Haha I question the gender of any girl who posts a hot picture of herself.

Edit: Good post btw Danae. Though I disagree on the vanity mirrors and lipstick part, why do you think I dont wear Power Armor on my PE? Because I am one sexy beyotch and I like to show it. :p

Psyco Groupie
23-02-04, 23:56
coo' danae

Boozbazz
24-02-04, 00:08
yeah danae thats a sweet post

L0KI
24-02-04, 00:56
Originally posted by Danae
I did the "have your say" thing on the bbc site, but I figure I'll post what I said there here in case it's not posted :P

---

Not only am I a female gamer, I am part of the dev team for an online game Neocron (www.neocron.com) Very few people have ever disrespected or persecuted me for being involved in gaming. In fact, many men (young and old) seem to embrace female gamers, thrilled to know there are some gals in the world who share their "geeky" passion.

Personally I could not stand it if gaming was segregated based on sex. Not only is it sending a message that women aren't in the same "leauge" as men, but it's a blast from the past as we move further and further into the cyber age. In the virtual world of online gaming gender, age, sexual preference, etc. do not matter. Skill is the only factor, and that is definitly not based on whether you stand or sit to pee.

I don't deny that a majority of the top gamers are male, but there are many women out there who possess the skill and ability to compete with the best regardless of their sex. As more females grow up with computer access, there will be more and more involved in gaming. That doesn't mean we should change games to appeal to females. I would be personally be insulted if they started adding vanity mirrors and lipstick in game just to get more "girls" playing.

amen ;)

icarium
24-02-04, 01:10
male or female dont matter to me. i just assume everyones an arsehole till i get to know them. saves a lot of trouble in the long run :p

bounty
24-02-04, 01:11
The real reason there aren't more female gamers is exposure. I was at work and overheard some other males talking about quake and playing it online. The rest is history. I don't really see most women being exposed or given a reason why gaming is fun or beneficial to them. I'd like to see the PC Gamer subscriber stats for a gender poll.

jernau
24-02-04, 01:43
The first woman looks like a vampire.

Wrt the topic - I can't see any reason to differentiate RL gender in a virtual world but personally I assume everyone is a bloke till I am proved wrong. It's just easier that way.

/edit - Look who else posted : "Stig, Manchester, UK" :). Neocron gets everywhere it seems.

evs
24-02-04, 01:48
tbh i couldnt care less if you are male/female/martian.
there's been 'girl gamers' for yonks tbh (are we 'boy gamers' ?)

in truth though its a bit annoying that from one corner you get 'treat us as equals' and then another saying 'keep us seperate as its not fair'

ive had a few females in a couple of decent clans i've been in.
still to date, not met any of them that are special / of note skillwise.

best players ive known have always been male.
Perhaps this will change - but i can't see it for the forseeable future.

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 01:57
There wont be alot of female gamers till girls start playing really young, but that wont happen till parents / peer pressure whatever 'force' girls to paly with dolls etc

Theres also the element of girls not knowing howto work the computer to get into a game, but then there should be hordes of console 'girls' but then they wouldnt own a console ... vicious circle really

anyway .. i know plenty of girls who wouldnt bother to buy a console but enjoy alot of console games etc

bbc really do bring up some random stuff these days

Finl
24-02-04, 03:30
Vildkatten is playing cs becouse he was dating few cs pro gamers. i have med him few times in lan tournes 1-2 year back when i was playing pro @ counter-strike (travelling all over europe in lan turneys and so)

shes pretty hot btw :)

QuantumDelta
24-02-04, 03:33
Originally posted by Finl
Vildkatten is playing cs becouse he was dating few cs pro gamers. i have med him few times in lan tournes 1-2 year back when i was playing pro @ counter-strike (travelling all over europe in lan turneys and so)

hes pretty hot btw :) ..is there something someone isn't telling me....?

Finl
24-02-04, 03:34
like what? =)

QuantumDelta
24-02-04, 03:36
Originally posted by Finl

hes pretty hot btw :)

I bolded the uhh..
uhh..
well you know o_O

Finl
24-02-04, 03:37
its like 3.38 night in here, ill fix it ;)

FirestarXL
24-02-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Jest
a female beating me is extremely hot.

You should make that quote your new sig Jest :p

Btw Danae, good response - though they will most likely edit out the reference to NC, the BBC rules being what they are.

C - Lo
24-02-04, 06:19
Everyone knows that girls playing video games is just a myth. Just like unicorns.

Jest
24-02-04, 06:26
Originally posted by C - Lo
Everyone knows that girls playing video games is just a myth. Just like unicorns. But not as rare as the gaming girl riding a unicorn. Ah yes, that brings me back...

Shagrath
24-02-04, 07:30
[B
Personally, my ego is not hurt when a female beats me in a video game. Just the opposite in fact, a female beating me is extremely hot. :eek: [/B]

yep, me too....we have a girl in our clan..and she plays a female pistol pe. well...i lost a few times gaginst her..another tank just talked about deleting his char or canceling his account cause she pwned his ass :p ībut...i think i would pwn her ass now...im quite better now :D

TheGreatMilenko
24-02-04, 08:39
hehe i used to think girls never played game until playing Starcraft ;) ahh SC the good old days "MASS CARRIER THEN ATTACK BLUE" :P "ZERG RUSH"

deac
24-02-04, 08:52
Personally I treat females the same as I do guys. I get along better with girls for some reason,

maybe thats why the guys dont like you? ;)

TheGreatMilenko
24-02-04, 08:54

deac
24-02-04, 08:57
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I bolded the uhh..
uhh..
well you know o_O

Finl is from finland and the finns dont have diffrent he/she words.... o_O

Freya
24-02-04, 08:58
Long Live us Geeky girls! the world needs more of us ^^
jus think where ya boys would be without us :P!

Everyone knows that girls playing video games is just a myth. Just like unicorns.
Danae and I are girls and we play games, so we do exisit! and no ya can not pinch me ! this is not a dream
infact i know quite a few girl gamers to bad most are in eq :P
but i also know a few nc runners whom are girls and are infact girls, and this goes the same for horizans and even flight sims like falcon 4.0! chance is if it is a game with a community ya will find a few handfulls of us out there!

Psycho_Soldier
24-02-04, 09:03
Originally posted by Freya
Long Live us Geeky girls! the world needs more of us ^^
jus think where ya boys would be without us :P!

Danae and I are girls and we play so we do exisit! and no ya can not pinch me ! this is not a dream
infact i know quite a few girl gamers to bad most are in eq :P

*goes out to buy EQ*

jk :p

Archeus
24-02-04, 09:04
ever notice in those reports they never show pictures of the homely gurls?

Kasumi
24-02-04, 09:04

I am a girl!! I have been playing computer games for a very long time!! I had also worked a few years in the computer game industry! Trying to get a new job in it right now so... :)

ZoneVortex
24-02-04, 09:09
Originally posted by Kasumi
I am a girl!! I have been playing computer games for a very long time!! I had also worked a few years in the computer game industry! Trying to get a new job in it right now so... :)

get a job for square-enix and make sure they do pvp in FFXI in a sexy way :(

Jest
24-02-04, 09:27
Originally posted by Archeus
ever notice in those reports they never show pictures of the homely gurls? I know thats such crap. Even of the 5 girls from DoMe in that article, the two enlarged pictures were of the 2 better looking of the 5. Its not news if average girls play, only if hot ones do. :p

Danae
24-02-04, 09:28
I think it's pretty sexiest and a cop out to say girls are forced to play with dolls instead of computers. I've had a computer since I was 6, granted it was a Texas Instrument, and I played Hunt the Wampus obsessively and A-Mazing lol after that I used my friends Tandy for years, and after that I had my own IBM Aptiva when I was 17 and played Doom, and Mech Warriors lol

I was also learning BASIC at the age of 7...sadly I didn't stick with it, but when I was pregnant with my son I ran a linux server from my uni dorm room when I was 21 and played UO then AC later in my pregnancy.

Saying females don't grow up with the opportunity to get involved with computers/gaming is due to social structuring and they are forced to play with Barbies is BS :p

Girls chose what they want. I chose computers and a life of geekiness. One of my best friend from HS decided she wasn't into computers and got into drugs and guys, another used to play Myst with me all the time. Not all males get into gaming either. No one I grew up with except my brother, was into computers or gaming.

It's all down to the person and their personality not the gender. I have kicked Oath's ass at Neofrag on his PE, and he's owned me as his tank :p I repeatedly beat the shit out of him at Age of Mythology (although he is getting much better lol) I'm definitly not saying I'm the best, but I can hold my own in gaming. I think every female has the same potential as the male sitting in front of his screen to be a great player. Anyway ;) Yeah sorry this subject is obviously near and dear to my heart!

~Drav~
24-02-04, 09:43
I think it's pretty sexiest and a cop out to say girls are forced to play with dolls instead of computers. I've had a computer since I was 6, granted it was a Texas Instrument, and I played Hunt the Wampus obsessively and A-Mazing lol after that I used my friends Tandy for years, and after that I had my own IBM Aptiva when I was 17 and played Doom, and Mech Warriors lol

I was also learning BASIC at the age of 7...sadly I didn't stick with it, but when I was pregnant with my son I ran a linux server from my uni dorm room when I was 21 and played UO then AC later in my pregnancy.

Saying females don't grow up with the opportunity to get involved with computers/gaming is due to social structuring and they are forced to play with Barbies is BS :p

Girls chose what they want. I chose computers and a life of geekiness. One of my best friend from HS decided she wasn't into computers and got into drugs and guys, another used to play Myst with me all the time. Not all males get into gaming either. No one I grew up with except my brother, was into computers or gaming.

It's all down to the person and their personality not the gender. I have kicked Oath's ass at Neofrag on his PE, and he's owned me as his tank :p I repeatedly beat the shit out of him at Age of Mythology (although he is getting much better lol) I'm definitly not saying I'm the best, but I can hold my own in gaming. I think every female has the same potential as the male sitting in front of his screen to be a great player. Anyway ;) Yeah sorry this subject is obviously near and dear to my heart!

Thats why yer one in a billion :( :p

Original monk
24-02-04, 09:54
and got into drugs and guys

youre first post was very intresting, weldefined and deserves a 2 thumbs up.

also youre second post except fo this:

got into drugs and guys

what's wrong with drugs and guys ???

:P

im sorryz i couldnt resist it lol :P

icarium
24-02-04, 10:10
Originally posted by evs
tbh i couldnt care less if you are male/female/martian.
there's been 'girl gamers' for yonks tbh (are we 'boy gamers' ?)

in truth though its a bit annoying that from one corner you get 'treat us as equals' and then another saying 'keep us seperate as its not fair'

ive had a few females in a couple of decent clans i've been in.
still to date, not met any of them that are special / of note skillwise.

best players ive known have always been male.
Perhaps this will change - but i can't see it for the forseeable future.

i never told you i was a woman? :p

phunqe
24-02-04, 10:18
Lol, the DoMe clan... I met them a couple of times when I studied at the university of Lund, Sweden (really near Denmark).

But anyhoo, they are cool. I wish more players could be more like them...

OTIS
24-02-04, 12:11
get more chicks to play NC and i'll come back :p

phunqe
24-02-04, 12:14
Originally posted by OTIS
get more chicks to play NC and i'll come back :p

*dresses up as girl*

Now come get me... rawr.

Topcat
24-02-04, 12:15
Hmm, itīs in threads like these I wanna post something deep and meaningful, that leads to a revelation for the reader, too bad I never seem to be able to do that thoguh.

Anyways, I got no probs with girls in gaming, hell, they might even tone down the 1337 a bit. That being said, I dunno any female gamers IRL, know of a couple that plays/played necron, and I do doubt anyone sying they a girl till I hear them on vent ( I still swear Ascentions a girl though).

However it is my personal theory that there are more girl out there than we know. They sneak around, not informing us at once that they are girls(as we all know they should), some have even been known to go as far as to roleplay a male char. Slowly their numbers are increasing, until soon they have complete controll over Neocron. They will kill us all I say.

OTIS
24-02-04, 12:39
*dresses up as girl*

lol siiiiiiiiick:eek:

Barak
24-02-04, 13:03
I do doubt anyone sying they a girl till I hear them on vent ( I still swear Ascentions a girl though).

muahahaha new sig quote!

uh.. yeah i know a fair few "girl" gamers but you do get your fair share of chicks with dicks (guys playing girls if your stupid), but solong they have fun it doesntm atter if there male female or like topcat and have neither :p

Lathuc
24-02-04, 13:11
i know atleast 3 girls that play this game and my friends sister is hooked on eq so there are female gamers out there :D

edit kasumi is a girl ? well i should have known points at kasumi's name

Oath
24-02-04, 13:55

Twas my spy first and foremost, i was involved with computers form an early age too it's more a matter of whats going on in and around your area, i had a lot of drug dealers and violent 'yobs' around my area so i didnt really get outside much, so i got into computers, from about 6 or 7 i got my zx spectrum 48k, wich owned!1one, my mom bought me it coz she thought it was better than going crzy and sniping people from the bell tower :p *when i was older* so i learned a little true basic programming, played all the 1337 games like fast food and dizzy *all 50000000 of em* but i never really got into gaming till i was in high school, when i first saw a real 'pc' i got to play doom :D wich at the time owned graphicaly and also in how it was made, so played that for a few months at high school (rether than doing the work :p) and since i was a kid i had been buying consoles and games like final fantasy.

I got into the internet also from an early age so it was second nature to play games online, i played a few lame games online for a while, then i got into neocron, realised i owned :D and been playing games (online) ever since.

I dont think that women should have different competitions than men, i think that we're all on an equal footing, while women tend to excel at some games and suck at others, *not many women are amazing at twitch games but there are a few :p* Like Danae said she owns me pretty constantly at age of mythology, but im getting better and im gonna pwn her at that too :D.

So in conclusion, women in games is fine by me the more the merrier, its just more frags for my rep :D *joking*

Elric
24-02-04, 14:00
pfft, Doom was shit, Wolfenstein was better :D

Dru Blood
24-02-04, 14:11
i would actualy resort to actual physical violence if any women beat me at a video game.

ZoneVortex
24-02-04, 16:51
Originally posted by Dru Blood
i would actualy resort to actual physical violence if any women beat me at a video game.

what is that supposed to mean :confused:

you'd beat the woman with actual physcial violence if she beat you at a game?

Duder
24-02-04, 17:02
It means hes a manly man and all women should be in the kitchen cooking him dinner.

Because you know, video games is a mans game and no woman should beat a man in a video game.

Original monk
24-02-04, 17:04
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
what is that supposed to mean :confused:

you'd beat the woman with actual physcial violence if she beat you at a game?

i think he would hit emself for the head if he got beaten by a woman ingame :)

but chances are small you loose, knowing you have extreme FPS-games experience dru :) like cs

altough there are some tough chicks out there that could woop youre ass ffcourse :P

hehe

(and thanx again for the trade we did last week dru, my fresh new barter/pistolspy enjoys the nice chip)

Glok
24-02-04, 17:04
i would actualy resort to actual physical violence if any women beat me at a video game. Idiot. Even if that's a joke, it's not funny.

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 17:09
what an idiotic comment

phunqe
24-02-04, 17:12

o_O o_O I'm having issues with that comment o_O

]v[ortice
24-02-04, 17:42
My missus shares an account with me.

She's better at PvP than me too :)

Sad to admit... although I play a Tank and she's an APU so I don't know if we're comparable since we can't fight against each other. She's kicked a lot of 'names' asses on uranus in 1v1.

I don't mind either sex playing the same game as me... I just hate people who suck up to runners and *ahem* STORMBOTs because they're female. That is the sad part.

I played a female character in NC for a while and never disclosed whether I was male/female. I got more freebies and favours than any of my other characters. Seems people would really go out of their way to help me :( Not a good state of affairs.

Foofur
24-02-04, 18:12
I think NC has more women then ppl expect juz because most asume your a guy untill proven otherwise...
I do think female players play the game different then male players. And they sure are treated different once ppl know. But hey, thats juz like rl ain't it?

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 18:17
A man plays computer games and hes a geek or a nerd, a women playing a computer is fighting for womens rights againist the evil that is men :p

Gimme a break, stereotyping is a bag of wank and this story is just another sad example of it.

evs
24-02-04, 18:31
sorry but

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rfl/images/attn.gif

Elric
24-02-04, 18:35
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
A man plays computer games and hes a geek or a nerd, a women playing a computer is fighting for womens rights againist the evil that is men :p

Gimme a break, stereotyping is a bag of wank and this story is just another sad example of it.

Agreed in so so so many ways.

dont get me started on womens so called equal rights. ARGH.

Seezur001
24-02-04, 18:35
...and that is definitly not based on whether you stand or sit to pee....

Some girls stand to pee too. It just doesn't go where they want it half the time 8|

Duder
24-02-04, 18:47
Who said women cant pee standing up? (http://www.restrooms.org/standing.html)

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 18:51
random!

Doc Holliday
24-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
My missus shares an account with me.

She's better at PvP than me too :)

Sad to admit... although I play a Tank and she's an APU so I don't know if we're comparable since we can't fight against each other. She's kicked a lot of 'names' asses on uranus in 1v1.

I don't mind either sex playing the same game as me... I just hate people who suck up to runners and *ahem* STORMBOTs because they're female. That is the sad part.

I played a female character in NC for a while and never disclosed whether I was male/female. I got more freebies and favours than any of my other characters. Seems people would really go out of their way to help me :( Not a good state of affairs.

I fuckin knew entity was really a chick under that cloak
;)

i have met some girls in game and some guys. the only difference between em is i tend to be a little more polite if i know shes female but i dont see it as bein sexist or askin for naked pics. i know some very good ones but i also know some even on the server who blatantly flaunt they are girls and try and use it for their own egos. check 2hots clan ranks on uranus for an idea. :eek:

icarium
24-02-04, 20:07
Originally posted by evs
sorry but

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rfl/images/attn.gif

hehe that still cracks me up

OTIS
24-02-04, 20:22
lmfao buttsekz! thatz hilarious1:lol: :lol:

Zanathos
24-02-04, 21:14
Id like there to be more females playing games. Its a refreashing change from the usual sausage fest experience I usually get from games. ^_^

I can think of about 7 females right now that play this game, 2 dont use the neocron forums though.

I always think its pretty cool to be playing a game with males AND females.

G.0.D.
24-02-04, 22:13
When I used to play cs we had a few matches against all female teams; Twas fun.

Somthing about getting a HE grenade to the genitals made me feal all tingly inside :rolleyes:

Strych9
24-02-04, 22:26
I think it's pretty sexiest and a cop out to say girls are forced to play with dolls instead of computers. I've had a computer since I was 6, granted it was a Texas Instrument, and I played Hunt the Wampus obsessively and A-Mazing lol after that I used my friends Tandy for years, and after that I had my own IBM Aptiva when I was 17 and played Doom, and Mech Warriors lol I dont think you can make a blanket judgement like that, saying its sexist and a cop out.

Remember, everyone isnt YOUR age with YOUR experience.

I am 31, and even I as a child didnt have access to computers to speak of. On a whim I started programming in basic on the apple 2e or whatever it was when I was in elementary school. I had unusually early exposure to computers- most people my age didnt start working with computers until well BEYOND the childhood years of when boys would have played with legos or robots or whatever and girls would have played with dolls. The first home PCs didnt even show up til 1983, and even then they didnt show up in homes.

So yes, most of the girls my age and old WOULD have likely played with dolls, as home computers didnt exist when we were growing up. Me saying that isnt sexist or a cop out- its a fact. NO ONE my age or older had access to computers while growing up.

Now I realize that the person you were responding to may not have been coming from the same age group as I- but I did want to point out that its a fairly recent phenomenon in which girls get the same exposure to technology as boys.

Sanch0s
24-02-04, 22:26
^o.0^

Selective breeding of pro gamers= teh win.

Dru Blood
24-02-04, 23:58
Originally posted by Original monk
i think he would hit emself for the head if he got beaten by a woman ingame :)

but chances are small you loose, knowing you have extreme FPS-games experience dru :) like cs

altough there are some tough chicks out there that could woop youre ass ffcourse :P

hehe

(and thanx again for the trade we did last week dru, my fresh new barter/pistolspy enjoys the nice chip)

:D it was actualy a joke i would never hit a women.

i have to admit though its not often i get beaten by a women in a game only on wolfenstein once i think and i was low on hp lol.

what trade was this orig ? i forgot already

Oath
25-02-04, 11:15
gah this is what happens when you have two people living in the same house, both forum addicts.......

wrong account :p

Danae
25-02-04, 11:18
Ok, your point of being older and their not being computers around is fine, and i conceed - however that doesn't mean girls would be playing with dolls neccessarily. I'm 25. I was into music, baseball, baseball cards, skateboarding, computers, and nintendo. :p

I was lucky enough to only be subjected to apples at school But Oregon Trail was fun lol

Topcat
25-02-04, 12:07
Originally posted by Sanch0s
^o.0^

Selective breeding of pro gamers= teh win.

Best Idea I heard in years. Besides, that would mean those "pro" gamers have other things to do than just hang around ganking noobs, itīs a win win situation. Too bad the results would take so long to get in.

Iīm more for kidnapping small children,(about 6-8 years) and train them Jedi style. that way you could cut at least a few years of the program.

But of course the best results would be with Sanchos suggestion.

eLcHi
25-02-04, 12:32
OMG !

Vildkatten ... bwahahahahahahaha

http://www.elchtown.de/cpl/115-1564_IMG.JPG

Ok, that ainīt me besides her (good friend of mine), i just made the picture ... lemme tell you, Vildkatten got a HOT body ... but she also got a HUGE nose =)

Besides that she is gernerally a pretty strange person, met her a few times (CPL Holland / CPL Cologne / CPL London)

On the topic of girl gamers ... Iīve been going to Lan Parties since 97 and have been very into the esports-scene for quite a while (Tournament Manager at the CPL for example) and allthough the women took their time the numbers are growing rapidly. I remember the time when the girls at a Lanparty were the occassional girlfriend sitting next to her beloved boyfriend ... just watching ... for hours ... while he is playing CS or whatever :)

But now you can meet whole clanīs consisting of only girls ... and i think: "Why not ?"

I mean, they can do what we can do, canīt they ?

And i am against a seperation in the tournaments ... after all they want to be EQUAL, donīt they ?

Topcat
25-02-04, 12:46
In my experience danish girls have longer legs and bigger noses than wat Ive seen elsewhere. So the 2 kinda balance out imo.

Oath
25-02-04, 12:58
This topic is starting to get old now,

Girl gamers are the win, more power to them, but if they start bitching about how they cant beat the men or shit like that PEEKAY them.

There, me + bad mood = sense :)

Clownst0pper
25-02-04, 15:00
there is no such thing as gender as far as games go.

You dont see the person on the other end.

Im a 43 year old transvestite from Belavost.

And I like games and noodles :lol:

Sanch0s
25-02-04, 15:02
[No Flaming - Ulle]

Clownst0pper
25-02-04, 15:03
[Edited For Consistancy - Ulle]

*sigh* this community never fails to amaze me how many fuck wits it can drag from counter strike.

When U grow some hair anywhere on your body, and begin to realise you arent enclined to shag animals, come back to me, Ok?

Sanch0s
25-02-04, 15:09
I do have hair................. and im not enclined to shag animals, infact ive never thought about that but obviously you do.

And id never toutched cs before i played NC, i idnt play cs till november of last year, so this game dragged me to cs.....

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 15:10
Originally posted by Topcat
In my experience danish girls have longer legs and bigger noses than wat Ive seen elsewhere. So the 2 kinda balance out imo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Dane, and I don't think you can generalize like that so easily. I've given it a bit of thought, and even though I've seen Danish girls with larger-than-normal noses, I dont think they in general have larger noses than the average world girl. You may be right, though, who nose...

phunqe
25-02-04, 15:12
Can we have one thread without pootossing?!!?

FFS.

Devils Grace
25-02-04, 16:17
Originally posted by Duder
It means hes a manly man and all women should be in the kitchen cooking him dinner.

not the should be
im married and if my wife liked to play Games guess u suposily would had to make the dinner and the stuff around the house

MA PC HAS A PASSWORD AND SHE DOESNT KNOW IT HAHAHAH ONEOENEOENEON1!!111!!!!!!1 AND ALL THAT CRAP

Sanch0s
25-02-04, 16:35
Yeah, but if you had pron..........i spose u watch it together or summit ?!

icarium
25-02-04, 19:42
i am always dissapointed in girl gamers, i aint seen one of them yet that has called themselves "notail" :(

jernau
26-02-04, 03:45
Originally posted by Strych9
The first home PCs didnt even show up til 1983, and even then they didnt show up in homes.

There were many commercially successful home computers before 1983.

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 03:53
Originally posted by icarium
i am always dissapointed in girl gamers, i aint seen one of them yet that has called themselves "notail" :(

hrmmm I don't get it. :confused:

jernau
26-02-04, 04:01
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
hrmmm I don't get it. :confused:

Something to do with rabbits?

Nope, I have no idea either.

icarium
26-02-04, 10:04
i wouldnt expect shad to know. i am very dissapointed in you though jernau :(

league of gentlemen?

jernau
26-02-04, 16:08
Originally posted by icarium
i wouldnt expect shad to know. i am very dissapointed in you though jernau :(

league of gentlemen?

Doh!!!!

**hides head in shame**

icarium
26-02-04, 18:57
*points at jernau*

SHAME!!!

:p

Topcat
27-02-04, 18:31
Originally posted by Nightbrother
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a Dane, and I don't think you can generalize like that so easily. I've given it a bit of thought, and even though I've seen Danish girls with larger-than-normal noses, I dont think they in general have larger noses than the average world girl. You may be right, though, who nose...

Well, itīs my experience, and thatīs limited to about 1 week at Roskilde stoned and drunk each year, and Strippekongens Piger, so I wouldnīt call myself an expert hehe.

ichinin
28-02-04, 11:49
Dont have any problems with anyone beating me in any game, as long as it's fair.

Only i played with in CS IRL (sitting next to her so i KNOW she was who she was) she had never played anything before and died alot.. Some others i know of (that play better) play Final Fantasy, Sims and Starcraft.

(I know of some guys that play BF42 who cannot hit a brick wall from 2 meters away with a automatic rifle.)

J. Folsom
28-02-04, 15:02
Traditionally, video games have been made by men for men, with many believing that women are only interested in role-playing, puzzles or adventure games. That can't be right, that's exactly what I enjoy the most! :p

While most female gamers I know actually prefer the FPS genre. Hmm.