PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Tired of going to a CityCom every time you want a new mission?

Fawkes
23-02-04, 15:49
I'm getting real tired of having to stop leveling every time I complete a mission, then going to a CityCom, choosing another mission and going back and level until I complete another mission. Really frustrating when you're leveling at the MB bunker... Wouldn't it be much easier if you could just do another mission without all the hassle of going to a CityCom, finishing your mission, going to a CityCom again and so forth?

It has been suggested a few times already that a mobile CityCom unit could make life a lot easier when doing missions, although it was never implemented because basically it would have made the original CityComs useless and also it could have been exploitable because you could do a mission every time you see a bunch of mobs, thus getting bonus EXP all the time.

So, what I'm suggesting is this: when you complete a mission, a message will appear (like the team invitation thing), asking: "Would you like to do another AGGRESSOR CAPTAIN mission?" with YES/NO options. The CityComs would still be necessary for choosing other missions or viewing other CityCom information. Also, this won't be exploitable because basically when you’re doing missions you are intending to do it over and over again nonstop (well, until you get tired of leveling), so this feature will only make it more comfortable because you won't need to go to a CityCom every time you want a new mission.

What do you think?

Dade Murphey
23-02-04, 15:56
Nice idea...make doing missions at bunker far less annoying...takes longer to run around there than it does to actually do the missions...lots of wasted game time

L3m0n
23-02-04, 16:07
yes thats one of if not the best poll yet! now will anyone lisson? me thinks no :(

Glok
23-02-04, 16:14
Brilliant. 5 stars.

deac
23-02-04, 16:53
fawkes r teh smart!

Stigmata
23-02-04, 17:04
great idea

.Cyl0n
23-02-04, 18:43
v good idea =)

.cy

da_pimp
23-02-04, 22:14
yes i deffinitely agree especially with all the sl and faction sympathy people keep loosing it will not be so much trouble getting it back

Disturbed021
23-02-04, 22:32
Sounds good to me! 5 stars

Vid Gamer
23-02-04, 22:35
Who voted no. :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
23-02-04, 22:35
I'll be the second no. Don't make things too easy.

Vid Gamer
23-02-04, 23:19
Hm, maybe just put a CityCom at the bunker then?

Mumblyfish
23-02-04, 23:24
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Hm, maybe just put a CityCom at the bunker then?

No, you can walk. It's not like the nearest CityCom is two hours away.

Dade Murphey
23-02-04, 23:28
I dunno...I'm of the opinion that anything that allows you to cut out the tedeous crap and get on with the game play is a good thing...and stopping your play to run out of the sewer/bunker whatever is annoying...and when you're low lvl doing missions...hauling your ass outta the sewer/cellars is annoying when you're trying to gather things to sell as well

Rieper
23-02-04, 23:32
make it so A) i dont have to wade through the other bullshit missions and b) the citycom doesnt crash my client half the time i try to use it and then i'll vote no. Until then, 5 stars. Less timesinks, more content.

Q`alooaith
23-02-04, 23:35
I'll be the third No then..

The whole point of having to go back to the city com is so you get a breif pause after hunting for a bit..

I mean come on, the mob's are handed to you on a platter, all you have to do is run in, grab the mission run out kill 5 run in, grab a mission..

I'd much rather make Hard and Very hard mission's harder, by increasing the number of mob's you have to kill, bassed on the player combat rank, or overall rank maybe...

Fawkes
24-02-04, 00:04
Why not make it easy? why make it annoying and tedious when you can make it easy and convenient? it's not like it's gonna make leveling easier than it is now... it won't unbalance anything... when you start doing missions, you are already planning on doing it over and over again, so why make it so annoying? and I dunno about you, but I find walking from the bunker to a CityCom VERY annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. In fact, I'm sure you and your kind are a minority compared to us, you masochistic freak. :mad:

Q`alooaith, as I said to MumblyFish, when you start doing missions, you are already planning on doing it over and over again, right? so what if the mobs are easy to kill? It's the same situation when you have to go and select a new mission from a CityCom. So what's the point? to have a pause after hunting after a bit? you make it sound like when you do a mission you go out on a hunting journey and when you're finished you get all tired and wanna rest... well, I don't. Do you really feel that way when you're doing missions? boy, you sure are a hardcore RPer...

P.S. j/k about the masochistic freak part o=

Rob01m
24-02-04, 00:04
This is the best idea I've heard all week!

Please make this a reality, Devs! :D :D :cool:

amfest
24-02-04, 00:41
I vote no also . . . if you want things like that then why don't you just say it already and have all stats dropped, all factions mean diddly . drop SL and have weapon stations where you just pick what weapon you want and armor at full stats and then run out and zone into one massive Op where everyone just kills each other and doesn't have to worry about getting poked and such . . cause with all the let's make it easy ideas that's where it'll eventually end up

Mingerroo
24-02-04, 00:46
I voted yes. A good, well-rounded answer to a painful question of time-wasting activities, that takes into account the issues involved and solves them just as fast :)

Five stars.

Amfest, I don't see how it has quite that heavy an implication. If you still have to activate the first mission, then surely it still means you have to go running back.

But perhaps a maximum of five auto-starts per mission?

Steve

Sleawer
24-02-04, 00:55
Well if kill/res/cst tasks were more rewarding in terms of xp/money I could understand people voting 'no' or asking for them to be harder... but as it is now?

You have a 'YES' from my side.

Althought the mission and tasks system could get a bit of improvement.
IMO there should be two ways to work for your faction;

- Via fast missions in citycoms the first, fast xp and money but less rewarding (more than they are now)
- Directly through NPC interaction as second, these would be longer and richer as story-line wise, but also much more rewarding.

As it is now working for your faction is a joke, missions dont have a plot to follow or a story that amuses you while leveling, instead they have become annoying as hell and stupidly boring.

Epic missions are the only in-game RP part that you can see in this mmo-rpg... and these have very little of 'epic'.

ghandisfury
24-02-04, 02:47
I'll be the 45th yes. It's not exploitable......."wow, I just got an extra 400XP from killing that agi capton.....NO MORE CAVE RUNS FOR ME!!!!!1111"o_O

Marx
24-02-04, 03:19
6th no.

Originally posted by Q'ooooooolith
The whole point of having to go back to the city com is so you get a breif pause after hunting for a bit..

I mean come on, the mob's are handed to you on a platter, all you have to do is run in, grab the mission run out kill 5 run in, grab a mission..

Exactly.

amfest
24-02-04, 04:07
Okay . maybe I am over reacting. I just think about beta where I would grab a very hard mission to kill at the time 10 mutant corporals. I"d jump on the subway ride all the way to outzone and search outzone 4 and kill kill kill till I complete mission before I ran out of time. It was very exciting seeing if i could complete my task at hand. Then retail came I come back into game and find out about aggie hatches . . . first thing I thought was lame. I guess with enough lazy people out there yes they will make it easier. And now more citycom stations have been added in all sorts of places more making it totally easy to simply just zone and get new mission. And saying city com makes you crash and that's why you want it to be changed is lame . .. then why not ask for a fix to citycom instead. I mean heck now at MB you can run instide and at the zoneing area there is a city com smack dab there making it totally easy to get launcher cyclops missions and run back out (though i know that's tough for hostile factions :p ) heck there's citycoms near those guys who sell the spy pa . .riding a hovertech or whatever you can get the kill desert beasts or whatever missions and rush out on bike to kill them in the near zones. It's all too easy now and people want it even easier?? I think personally the whole mission thing needs reworking and aggie storage needs to be taken out. It should be longer missions . . . more to kill and you have to pick what style of mission you want WITHOUT knowing what it is. So i get a list of Kill missions, transport, Construction, Research, Recycle and such and then I choose what I"m able to do at the level I want then you have accepted the mission now they tel you the details of your assignment and you have to take it or your creditbilty goes down (faction symp). You have to kill more over a longer period of time and the reward is larger, more xp and money than what it currently is. There that can solve the coming in and out problem since most seem to be too lazy to do that even. You can hunt for longer periods and not worry about stopping so soon.

Q`alooaith
24-02-04, 06:14
*Pinches Amfest's idea to go into idea thread*

I've been saying about the aggy hatches for ages now..

anyway, the only reason's to run mission's, are to, Raise skill's from starting to useable so you can level them though use later..

Raise Faction Sympathy/Soul light...

amfest
24-02-04, 06:22
*Pinches Amfest's idea to go into idea thread*

It won't work there are more lazy sods out there that will rebel against something like that. People get spoiled with things and there is no way they'll go backwards. Be it aggie hatches, citycoms, being able to blow up vehicles cause you're able to use the gun along the way with your other guns and not having to spec specifically for it without gimping your main pvp weapons, PPUs ( :D ) , Having a safeslot, No penalties in Warzones, yadda yadda

MegaCorp
24-02-04, 06:30
Why not have it *really* easy? When you sign up for a mission, just be instantly awarded the experience and faction sympathy. Saves all the hassle and expense and time and effort of actually having to go out and hunt mobs. And is super convenient because you are there at the terminal and can ask for another mission right away.

Spook

P.S. Sorry, couldnt resist.

P.P.S Given our own age of mobile communications, yes it would seem reasonable to have the same sort of thing in Neocron - handheld units you take to the field that give you some of the features of a standard CityTerm, in particular Mission options. And some of the storms and atmospheric disturbances that happen out in the wastelands could disrupt communications, causing you to wander in the zone or into a neighboring zone in an effort to regain a clear signal. On the other hand, the high level of radioactive disturbance out there may be the reasoning behind why there arent any such units - too much of that for them to work at all.

amfest
24-02-04, 06:47
HAh yea that would rule and I would agree with such a mobile mission terminal if it's not very reliable and you have a chance of completeling a mission and losing faction symp because it was actually a mission for a hostile one (signals were crossed) those your own faction penalizes you and you lose INT for being an idiot :D

Whitestuff
24-02-04, 09:50
Winnar!!! I offeredthis idea up 2-3 times already, but not in this form. Good show m8!

Fawkes
24-02-04, 15:42
Originally posted by MegaCorp
Why not have it *really* easy? When you sign up for a mission, just be instantly awarded the experience and faction sympathy. Saves all the hassle and expense and time and effort of actually having to go out and hunt mobs. And is super convenient because you are there at the terminal and can ask for another mission right away.

Spook

P.S. Sorry, couldnt resist.

No, see, doing missions has a point. Going all the way to a CityCom every time you need a new one doesn't. I don't need a "break" every time I complete a mission. It's just a silly timesink.

edit: spelling.

deac
24-02-04, 15:49
Originally posted by Fawkes
No, see, doing missions has a point. Going all the way to a CityCom every time you need a new one doesn't. I don't need a "break" every time I complete a mission. It's just a silly timesink.

edit: spelling.

yes yes yes... If you really want to run to a citycom every time you complete a misson do it! god knows the missons are shitty and boring (not that any other game does em better).

I still shudder at the best way to make cash for newbs in swg.. endless missions. And you had to run across the world to find the target :(

Elric
24-02-04, 16:55
i like this idea.

meh...

kbmg
24-02-04, 22:18
For the record I LOVE this idea. and anyhow we are in a cyberpunk world, we have chips in our heads and it doesnt hurt anyone if you wanna go to a citycom you can still do so. not like it will afect pking much.

Boozbazz
24-02-04, 23:50
hey i think it's a decent idea but....yeah it would be kinda easy...
how about missions that are sorta like this. you start the mission, the amount of money you make depends on how many mobs you kill in a given amount of time? or how about if they get harder and harder missions, like it will start out with like 5 launchers, then if you complete it you need to kill 7 and more and more until you fail
other ideas, like theres so many things you can do with the missions. there just a little too limited it hink. hows about killing 3 launchers, 2 butchies and a snake?! that would be f-ing pain in the ass but hell you should at least make a ton of cash/xp and you need to do a little bit of runnin around y'know. anyhoo those are just my ideas on it. i was the 69th yes vote to this because i dunno a little variety in ideas is always nice right?