PDA

View Full Version : I´ve been thinking.......

naimex
23-02-04, 10:02
I was in my bed last night.. lying slowly falling to sleep when it occured to me..

What if I wanted to go lie on the beach, take a little sun..
or wanted to lie down on my bed in my apartment..

How about a new toy for spies.. "Personal Projector"... yes you heard me..

A device requiring INT 90 DEX 90 TC 70 (something like that, should be able to be used by PEs with heavy gimpage)

This device would allow the user to have a copy of him/herself running around. doing same actions as the user..

(for reference see "Total Recall" with Arnold Schwarzenegger)

But my point is..

More gadgets of the future is needed.
More non violent options and actions should be made available.

Just because it´s post apocalyptic doesnt mean there isnt someone still wanting to be nice...

QuantumDelta
23-02-04, 10:12
Kage Boushin No Jutsu!

I like it, though I'd have to rename one of my chars if this were introduced :p

Nightbrother
23-02-04, 11:01
Would the projected person be susceptible to normal physical attacks or not? And can the person go hunting, and bring back things, i.e. carry things at all? And what would happen if said projection 'dies' ?

Do you mean that it effectively would be like having a drone (albeit a projected one), except a man-sized drone with unlimited range?

Anyhow, I like the idea, although I'm afraid it would mean that very few spies ever left their apartments anymore?

sparrowtm
23-02-04, 11:05
I don't think he means you'd be able to control your doppelgänger (I've heard English peeps know that word as well :p), but that it would just imitate your movements so people would get confused. I think. Maybe. :confused:

Parappa
23-02-04, 11:11
Sounds cool, like another body 5m from you doing everything you do. To confuse the 3n3my and so on.

PS: QD: It's Kage Bunshin :p

QuantumDelta
23-02-04, 11:13
Originally posted by Parappa
Sounds cool, like another body 5m from you doing everything you do. To confuse the 3n3my and so on.

PS: QD: It's Kage Bunshin :p
Manga/Anime/Which Fansub group/Which Manga translation group? :p

Endar
23-02-04, 11:17
How about some martial art moves like kicks, throws and punches? I would love to hit someone with a "Ichimonji No Kamae" at solarplexus (i wonder if thats spelled right) and see them drop on theyr knees! Bwahahahahha!

Parappa
23-02-04, 11:19
As in:

japanese - english

bunshin - parturition; delivery; one's child; branch; offshoot; one's other self

boushin - deceased parent

:lol:

Shadow deceased parent no jutsu!

QuantumDelta
23-02-04, 11:23
Originally posted by Parappa

Shadow deceased parent no jutsu!
How much of the plot have you been through? ;)

Yea - I see ok :p

VetteroX
23-02-04, 11:33
sounds like a cowards devise... why use that when you can charge into your enemy guns blazing?

Prodigious
23-02-04, 12:05
Originally posted by VetteroX
sounds like a cowards devise... why use that when you can charge into your enemy guns blazing?

yeah cowards device
:rolleyes:

come on man its just a fun thing

Mr_Snow
23-02-04, 12:15

Actually its a fun good idea to confuse pkers, like above, and to give spies another way of defense either hunting or in opwars.

sparrowtm
23-02-04, 12:24

Have you ever smiled IRL? o_O

Mr_Snow
23-02-04, 12:27
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Have you ever smiled IRL? o_O

Only after ganking evreybody hurt from mob hunting in anarchy zones.

naimex
23-02-04, 12:57
it was meant as a holographic projection of your self.

so you go left... it goes left

you look up.. it looks up

you draw gun.. it draws gun

it gets shot at... shots just fly though and out into the horizon

you get shot at.. shots hit and you take damage

.. you shoot.. it shows a blast from gun but nothing comes out from it.. whilst there from your gun will come something out.

Nightbrother
23-02-04, 13:10
Ah, so sparrow was correct. :)

So this projection could be created to move either right next to the real person, or to be farther away, maybe depending on willpower (!!!!11!), dex, int, tech combat. So someone using Personal Projector 3 and has a capped spy would be able to project his own image as far as up to 300 meters away. <---- just an example distance.

I like this, and it would give spies an extra option, and the gadget is in tune with the whole 'spy' element, in my opinion.

naimex
23-02-04, 15:47
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Ah, so sparrow was correct. :)

So this projection could be created to move either right next to the real person, or to be farther away, maybe depending on willpower (!!!!11!), dex, int, tech combat. So someone using Personal Projector 3 and has a capped spy would be able to project his own image as far as up to 300 meters away. <---- just an example distance.

I like this, and it would give spies an extra option, and the gadget is in tune with the whole 'spy' element, in my opinion.

yup, like that.