PDA

View Full Version : Change the turrets in Tech Haven to loosen security?

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 06:57
The proposition:

Remove all of the turrets added to Tech Haven recently.

The logic:

Tech Haven, Fallen Angels, and all of their allied factions now have the lamest place to hang out in the whole friggin world.
I, being a Fallen Angel, find it extremely irritating that there are never attacks on Tech Haven to defend any longer due to these turrets blowing the crap out of anyone who sets foot there who is an enemy.

Of course you could raid TH as a neutral which I have done, ignoring the soul light loss, but it doesn't have the same appeal as being an enemy :(

Pleeeeease remove the turrets from Tech Haven to make attacking it / defending it possible again

Possible things that could be done to maybe fix some old problems are:
Make it so that people in enemy factions can not own apartments in Tech Haven, since I know a lot of enemy factions would just GR in to TH through apartments and launch a lame raid.

Possibly turn off the GRs inside TH to all enemy factions of FA, requiring anyone who wants to raid it to go through the wastelands and in through the out entrances, making it a little more of a pain and less of a "HEY I AM BORED LET'S ATTACK TH" concept.

Drake6k
23-02-04, 07:00
Dont remove... cut in half and make them killable with a slower respawn time. But yes, 5 stars!!! I miss raiding TH. (and I need to get to my apt there...)

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 07:00
yeah, that's what i meant

something along those lines so it's raidable / defendable again

Mr Friendly
23-02-04, 07:03
hell yes remove em,...not ALL, just some
no enemies can even enter the facility anymore :| i can get into CA HQ easier than i can in TH...& that shouldnt be right :\

extract
23-02-04, 07:04
voted no.....simply because you say remove ALL turrets......if some I think were to be removed it would give a lil better access to raid, but you gotta give the wee bit of spies who tradeskill there some "protection", but not all turrets be removed, or I want all TG gaurds removed from everywhere, and TS gaurds too from PP.....

I think that the ones in the shafts are a bit excessive theyve got like 100 in each shaft....maybe one right in the entrance in sect 3 and ones in the store areas left as they are, but the hallways, and entrance tunnels should be fair game imo

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 07:05
Originally posted by extract
voted no.....simply because you say remove ALL turrets......if some I think were to be removed it would give a lil better access to raid, but you gotta give the wee bit of spies who tradeskill there some "protection", but not all turrets be removed, or I want all TG gaurds removed from everywhere, and TS gaurds too from PP.....

ok, yeah

HEY MODS! If you're out there please change the poll question to the following:

"Change the turrets in Tech Haven to loosen security?"

and if possible please reset the poll?

naimex
23-02-04, 09:48
???

no offense but must be some crap players then..

From time to time a group of runners run into TH and blast the crap out of anyone there.. and if you got any respect for your faction, you go out there and die in the battle.

At least that is how it is on Uranus.

Archeus
23-02-04, 10:15
yea since the latest patch TH SEC3 has been scaled way down and easily raidable (power lower, less turrets), TH SEC2 a good bit too (TH SEC1 is still lethal).

You just can't GR in, and kill people and escape easy that's all. But the place can be raided.

L3m0n
23-02-04, 11:04
yep deff nerf or remove some of them, BD tired to do a faction mission a didnt manage to do it just cos turrets/nme runners = death eather fight the turrets or fight the runners cant take both on at the same time its juts silly.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 20:25
i have no idea how you sya TH is raidable...

i've tried raiding it a few times through the outside entrance and i still get blown to shit on the first turret i see

i'm talking little raids like my APU and 2 PEs

I don't fight with PPUs evvvverrrrrr so if it's not possible to raid without a ppu it needs to be fixed

Archeus
23-02-04, 20:44
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
i'm talking little raids like my APU and 2 PEs

I don't fight with PPUs evvvverrrrrr so if it's not possible to raid without a ppu it needs to be fixed

This man prays to god and says "God let me win the lottery!". Week passes doesn't win, he prays again, same again. He does this for many months until finally God comes around to his house and says "Look your going to have to at least buy a bloody ticket".

It is not raidable with 3 people. A PPU maybe if they were in that three, but it would be suicide. I'm talking about 6-7 people will do it with ease (up to SEC2 at least).

But it is certainly possible for 1-3 people to get to SEC2 safely if they aren't fighting while doing it.

Strych9
23-02-04, 20:57
Wow, I think this PPU phobia has gone too far if you would rather come in here and post a thread about removing turrets instead of having with you a character that is designed to keep you alive. o_O

ZoneVortex
24-02-04, 00:56
Originally posted by Strych9
Wow, I think this PPU phobia has gone too far if you would rather come in here and post a thread about removing turrets instead of having with you a character that is designed to keep you alive. o_O

well you can't always find a PPU, and you shuold NEVER be required to have a PPU to do what you wanna do, it should just be a bonus

Archeus
24-02-04, 09:52
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
well you can't always find a PPU, and you shuold NEVER be required to have a PPU to do what you wanna do, it should just be a bonus

Why? Its like saying you should never need a researcher to get blueprints, or never need a constructor to create rares.

You can certainly get into TH with a reasonable group but PPU would make it easier. Its your choice you want to play at a disadvantage. Live with it.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 09:57
Simon once again your posting from the wrong perspective.

When did you last set foot in tech haven as a enemy to FA huh ?

It is down right fucking impossible.

I went there on a capped psi 91 INT pure PPU, fully buffed up with fully capped spells. Everything running, sanctums, the lot, I went there to buy some heavy belts. I didnt make it to the vendor in TH2 ..... THATS fuckin overpowerd that wham a fully buffed PPUs dead in 2 seconds let alone anyone else with him thats got foreign cast buffs .....

Archeus
24-02-04, 10:03
Originally posted by ~Drav~
I went there on a capped psi 91 INT pure PPU, fully buffed up with fully capped spells. Everything running, sanctums, the lot, I went there to buy some heavy belts. I didnt make it to the vendor in TH2 ..... THATS fuckin overpowerd that wham a fully buffed PPUs dead in 2 seconds let alone anyone else with him thats got foreign cast buffs .....

a PPU who can cast top level SC and Holy spells can disable up to 3 turrets at a time. I know I have tested it (who says I only have FA characters?).

a high level APU can drop a turret in about 6-7 seconds. The exception being turrets in TH SEC1.

A stealther can just wander in.

But no you can't just walk in and take the damage, you have to *think*

~Drav~
24-02-04, 10:08
Originally posted by Archeus
a PPU who can cast top level SC and Holy spells can disable up to 3 turrets at a time. I know I have tested it (who says I only have FA characters?).

a high level APU can drop a turret in about 6-7 seconds. The exception being turrets in TH SEC1.

A stealther can just wander in.

But no you can't just walk in and take the damage, you have to *think*

You have the supposed answer to everything dont you ?

Archeus
24-02-04, 10:10
You have the supposed answer to everything dont you ?

No but I bother to actually test things rather then cry about it.

What did you do as a PPU? Just run for it with heal running?

VetteroX
24-02-04, 10:20
nerf the defence. put 1 10/10 turret in each zone of th, that shoots thoes little blueballs that some merch flies shoot. that seems like a fiar amount of defence to me.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 10:21
No but I bother to actually test things rather then cry about it.

What did you do as a PPU? Just run for it with heal running?

no...

I got a APU to antibuff me before i went in. I thought i'd stay alive longer without buffs .....

:rolleyes:

After 2 fucking years of playing this game i know that you can zone to lose aggression off mobs, I know that you can hide to stop fire and heal up etc etc. Ive played PPU for about 7-8 months, played it as my primary for about 5 months of that till i got sick of ungreatfull git's not thanking us after us PPUs babysit them. Dont start getting on your high horse because youve got a bigger post count them me lol, i know what alot of forums are like once theyve been around this amount of time, hard for a newb to them to come in and say something because youve got the longtime posters standing there thinking their the shit that has the final word on everything.

.Cyl0n
24-02-04, 10:24
Originally posted by VetteroX
nerf the defence. put 1 10/10 turret in each zone of th, that shoots thoes little blueballs that some merch flies shoot. that seems like a fiar amount of defence to me.

^^^^^^
what he said :D

.cy

Archeus
24-02-04, 10:26
has the game even been out two years?

You can do it without zoning (in fact I never use that). Look through your spells some more and try to use them all.

Bigger post count? o_O Your the only one going on about that? Is that some kind of comeback to prove a point?

Stigmata
24-02-04, 10:28
Remove safezones from Plaza and VR and u got a deal, otherwise no, why should people in TH have to be raided like it used to be.

one constant raid of BD, followed by TT followed by Crahn Followed by PP o_O rince and repeat.

if you are gonna remove the defences of TH or TG or even MB then NC city should have the same done.

how many carebears would be on here whining if they had just been pk'ed in Plaza 1.....nuff said

~Drav~
24-02-04, 10:37
Originally posted by stigmata
Remove safezones from Plaza and VR and u got a deal, otherwise no, why should people in TH have to be raided like it used to be.

one constant raid of BD, followed by TT followed by Crahn Followed by PP o_O rince and repeat.

if you are gonna remove the defences of TH or TG or even MB then NC city should have the same done.

how many carebears would be on here whining if they had just been pk'ed in Plaza 1.....nuff said

I agree to some extent. Safe zones are stupid... They should however be removed with DOY hopefully.

Simon, ive been here a day, welcome to the ignore list you twat.

[Edit] if im right with my calender the games actually about 3-3.5 years old now, i started end of beta 2. Thats roughly 2 years ago now, might have been more. Just because a games gotta (apparently) be on the shelves for it to be 'out' doesent mean thats when ppl can start playing and testing a game. I'm not saying i know everything coz i r old beta player. No, far from it, Im just posting my point of view on something that is implemented incorrectly. Live with it ffs, not everyone will agree with you, start accepting that.

Archeus
24-02-04, 10:50
[Edit] if im right with my calender the games actually about 3-3.5 years old now, i started end of beta 2. Thats roughly 2 years ago now, might have been more. Just because a games gotta (apparently) be on the shelves for it to be 'out' doesent mean thats when ppl can start playing and testing a game.

Playing a PPU in beta was totally different to retail, heck 3-6 month spans the PPU class has changed.

Your the one going on about time and post counts. Not me. Like I said, try to learn all your PPU spells.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 10:53
Playing a PPU in beta was totally different to retail, heck 3-6 month spans the PPU class has changed.

Your the one going on about time and post counts. Not me. Like I said, try to learn all your PPU spells.

fuck it your off ignore list because i find your posts fucking hilarious.

Distract mind is shite.
Provoke enemy is shite.
Where is this magic spell that completely nillifies 8 120/120 overpowerd turrets from owning a team of 10+ people ?

VetteroX
24-02-04, 10:54
lol deal.... remove nc safezones so I can pk people there too. I also wanna be able to hack open apt doors so I can kill them in their apts too.... shouldnt be anywhere safe from getting pked in nc.

~Drav~
24-02-04, 10:57
Originally posted by VetteroX
lol deal.... remove nc safezones so I can pk people there too. I also wanna be able to hack open apt doors so I can kill them in their apts too.... shouldnt be anywhere safe from getting pked in nc.

haha sweet, hacking someone's door open would be cool, specially with the synch bugs and all :) Make it somewhere around hacking a hoverbomber or a OP tho :) :lol:

Archeus
24-02-04, 11:00
Distract mind is shite.
Provoke enemy is shite.
Where is this magic spell that completely nillifies 8 120/120 overpowerd turrets from owning a team of 10+ people ?

8? I said three. Do you even use the spells you claim are shite?

~Drav~
24-02-04, 11:03
8? I said three. Do you even use the spells you claim are shite?

Have done FYI, Tried them in MC5 to see if it got aggro off the guards, yeh for like a split second. And also tried it on TG guards, worked for a split second, And tried it at TH, Worked for a split second.

You wanna know why ? Because to use it, you already have aggro, meaning your close enough to get aggro again, meaning they practically get instant aggro right after youve cast it.

Also the mana use you use on the damn spell to spam it on 1 mob to keep aggro off you and others means your chugging boosters and half the time you got jack for a psi pool to cast heal or buffs when yours drop

Run upto the belt vendor above the GR's, when you open that door from the V shaped corridor onto the balcony you have 8 turrets on you. If you drop down into the main part of TH2 you have like 8 turrets on you there aswell.

The turrets arent like normal guards. The second your in their sights they pop up and start shooting you ...

The turrets at MB aint that bad, because of their placement in the stairway you have 1 on you at a time plus 1 guard. in TH you have atleast 3 on you practically all the time, most times more then 3.....

but by your reasoning, I bet your gonna turn around and say something like make friends, take a 25 man team so that once youve actually got in close enough to kill someone theres 3 of you left to do so .....

Archeus
24-02-04, 11:09
? Because to use it, you already have aggro, meaning your close enough to get aggro again, meaning they practically get instant aggro right after youve cast it.

Not true in the slightest, no wait true if your doing it wrong. Like I said. Learn to use all your spells properly.

Ryuben
24-02-04, 11:22
well im a PPU, and i know what spells to use, i have used those funneh spells called shelta and deflector and a HEAL and a haz 3 ( all ressist except posion 99% thats capped) and well if 1 shoots me im ok 2 shoot me i got to put my sanc up 3 i bend over and wait for the KY.

Now some back ground info on this char he can stand in front of the 2 storms @ oz and laugh they don't even scratch, but 2 TH turrets kill him, if hes not got a heal and sanc up :wtf: and there are like 25-40 turrets in Sector 2

and i have EVEN used psi shield and it does fuck all so please what spells am i missing??? and SC, yeah it attacks 1 mob at a time and they rapeed it so fast its a joke, so simon oh wise and vehicle hugging simon?

[Edit] who changed my title O_o