PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Heart's, the big question.. (idea, implant's)

Q`alooaith
23-02-04, 05:16
Currently the Cyber heart offer's increased con, for reduced Dex..

I suggest a small change, have it boost end and ath.. maybe boost streangth instead of con maybe..

Anyone else got idea's for how to change the cyber heart?

Forget My Name
23-02-04, 05:20
yeah... programmers can just delete it.

+con in this game is worthless...

Heavyporker
23-02-04, 05:21
Not strength.

It's a totally artificial heart, as indicated by 'cyber'. So to determine what bonuses would be appropriate to it, one has to consider that name.

Also, keep in mind that there are other hearts that give +CON, +hlt, +end, and of course, some resists.

But still, I have to agree that a great deal of +end should be assigned to Cyber Heart. It should not give any +CON.

A totally artificial heart shouldn't be subject to the weaknesses of biological hearts (poison and all that), so perhaps a small +5 to poison, heat, and energy (I interpret it as this - energy shocks biological heart, makes it skip beats, and all that)?

That's all I can think of right now.

KramerTheWeird
23-02-04, 06:23
The heart is purely the instrument that transmits your blood here and there through your body. Experimental hearts and Strengthen hearts have totally logical benefits and penalties; they increase the heart's performance to move blood faster and have you working blood transfer working at a higher rate, which would obviously let contaminants and poisons be spread faster. Same with filter hearts, they check for any contaminants before pumping blood and filter them out so it will take longer for blood to circulate, making you less resilient.

Cyber heart I really can't understand what it should be doing. Is it a smart heart that regulates flow and stops contaminants equally? Is it something designed to create an improved immune system or just accelerate your circulation functions? You'd figure with items like smart cyber eyes and such it would give you some sort of brain in your heart and let it control situations on impulse and giving you increased reflexes and synchronize the amount of oxygen for those efficiently.. well it's confusing so I can't really say what Cyber heart shoudl be but I know it doesn't seem to make sense in it's current state and is not used very often. Even advanced heart has more use and makes more sense.

amfest
23-02-04, 06:44
why not just keep the cyber hearts in and give them a use like con required breathing masks . . make a certain zone or two have some kind of chemical weapon used there and it becomes extrememly toxic to roam there .. the use of these masks is required the lower ones will keep you alive . .but you have to constantly keep healing . . . 2nd mask filters better and doesn't require as much healing to stay alive but you still have to keep a lookout. .3rd mask works quite well and you can last for a long while without having to worry about the drop in health . . and 4th mask you could just go afk in the zone and not worry

so maybe like Con 45 for 1st mask so spys would need cyber heart 2 in order to use it

Con 70 for 2nd mask

Con 90 for 3rd mask

Con 105 for 4th mask

:D

I'd have to worship the tank that can actually wear the 4th mask with current con xp :lol:

oh yeah and throw some new items that can be obtained from mobs in this zone . . so that there is a reason to go here

KramerTheWeird
23-02-04, 06:47
That's actually an excellent idea, to make cyber hearts a requirement for certain items. You can furthur improve on that by modifying them like a psi glove. Instead of PSI AMP it would be CYBER AMP +1 or something, and maybe high end drones and tech weapons would require it in order for you to use them. And of course the only way to get CYBER AMP would be through a cyber heart.

Q`alooaith
23-02-04, 20:20
How's about expanding that idea..

MAke Cyber heart's add Cyber Amp +1, 2 and 3 respectivly, and have some high level implant require Cyber amp 1, 2 or 3 it use...

So maybe Cyber eye's need amp +1 or so, and Smart cyber eye's amp +2, and some high level rare stuff needing Cyber amp +3...

Just a thought...

KramerTheWeird
23-02-04, 20:26
Yes that sounds good, and stealth tools and high tech weapons have individual cyber amp reqs. It may require rethinking of the bonuses and penalties the cyber hearts give, maybe no penalties but just reduced benefits.

Heavyporker
24-02-04, 01:18
Beautiful. I rather like the cyber amp ideas. Hell, what about hacktools and the tradeskill tools?

And kramer has it right (arguement about hearts almost verbatim for my refutation agaisnt idea of removing -por to the hearts)

Psyco Groupie
24-02-04, 01:36
and we arrive on time in everquest ...

yes cyber hearts are rather random considering theres only one other imp that requires con thats not a heart ..

Spoon
24-02-04, 01:43
What I think Cyber-Hearts should be:

Cyber-Heart 1: +3 CON, +3 END, +3 POR, +3 XRR, -1 DEX

Cyber-Heart 2: +5 CON, +5 END, + 5 POR, +5 XRR, -2 DEX

or swap around resists for ATH and HLT....

Cyber-Heart 1: +3 CON, +3 END, +3 ATH, +3 HLT -1 DEX

Cyber-Heart 2: +5 CON, +5 END, +5 ATH, +5 HLT -2 DEX

Although, 4 bonuses would probably be to much.....maybe?

I'm thinking they should be similar to the EnergyField Belts or low level monk armor, with several small bonuses, and no huge bonus in one area....

Yeah, it would be nice if they gave Fire or Energy resists, but that doesn't fit in with the profile of the other hearts, which effect things that get in the blood stream...