PDA

View Full Version : Resistor Chip as a heart?

Craven
23-02-04, 04:40
The Protopharm Epic Resistor Chip is pretty powerfull, but I know very few classes that'd like to forsake a coveted head-implant spot for resists. Wouldn't it make more sent to make the PP Chip a heart? After all, that's what every other implant that offers resists is a heart.

P.S.-I searched this and nothing came up on the forums. If this is a repeat post--excuse me.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:42
Wellllllllll

I would say yeah, but...

I can think of a few ways that that could possibly extremely overpower some classes

plus it would make other hearts obsolete

Craven
23-02-04, 04:52
This is true, but it sucks having such a great item that is nearly useless because it offers unacceptable gimps.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:54
Originally posted by Craven
This is true, but it sucks having such a great item that is nearly useless because it offers unacceptable gimps.

all my chars use it...i don't think it gimps at all :eek:

Morris
23-02-04, 04:56
Goodness no :o

We do need a better selection of hearts (seriously, Cyber Heart? WTF?), but that's just a bit too much.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:59
Originally posted by Morris
Goodness no :o

We do need a better selection of hearts (seriously, Cyber Heart? WTF?), but that's just a bit too much.

yeah cyberheart blows and is pointless...

but exp heart, strengthen heart, and filter heart all have their ups and downs...you just gotta experiment a bit :D

Psychoninja
23-02-04, 05:01
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
plus it would make other hearts obsolete

I wouldn't miss the other hearts :o

I'd love to make it a heart, it's a great idea but I doubt it'll happen.

Heavyporker
23-02-04, 05:01
Ok, now, cyber heart... THERE'S an implant that needs reworking.

Only thought about it is that it could give the last few points of CON needed to use ADv. Movement... but, really, str heart does that and is better.

i'll think about proposing fixes to cyber-heart.

Craven
23-02-04, 05:25
Agreed, the hearts now are of very little value.

Biznatchy
23-02-04, 05:37
Pointless

We all know KK doesnt have nor care to have a heart.

Heavyporker
23-02-04, 05:41
All right, stfu, wanker.

I have very little patience or tolerance for those that deride any new idea, even in only discussion, as pointless or worthless.

Either participate meaningfully, or don't. Don't troll.

ServeX
23-02-04, 05:42
great idea.

Psycho Killa
23-02-04, 05:50
Might as well remove the heart slot and give everyone an automatic +15 in all resists. Since thats all this will acomplish.

Maybe if epic items where bound to faction members but as it is now every single person would jump to pp and use the heart.

Atleast as it is now as a headslot with most classes you have to make a decision.

Biznatchy
23-02-04, 05:54
Originally posted by Heavyporker
All right, stfu, wanker.

I have very little patience or tolerance for those that deride any new idea, even in only discussion, as pointless or worthless.

Either participate meaningfully, or don't. Don't troll.

dude it was a joke lighten up.

and BTW what is a "deride"

Psycho Killa
23-02-04, 06:04
Welcome to the world wide web

www.dictionary.com
or
http://www.merriam-webster.com

Psychoninja
23-02-04, 06:04
"deride" (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=deride)

:rolleyes:

EDIT:
OMFG h4x!!!
you beat me to it PK :p

KramerTheWeird
23-02-04, 06:07
The pp resistor does have it's side effects, that being it takes out an option for head slot. Resistor in the heart slot would have no real side effects as it would be better than any heart period and not take away from CON or resists. This would be unbalancing and make sacrifices with exp heart or strengthen heart or filter heart pointless.

Psycho_Soldier
23-02-04, 06:34
The one class that it would benifit the most is PE's. Most likely even make them overpowered. I say no, bad idea.

naimex
23-02-04, 09:51
I know lots of people of every char type who wouldnt pull out the PP chip for any mc5 chip there is.

Make it into a heart...

and you will overpower tanks.

(yes I am a tank..)

Shadow Dancer
23-02-04, 10:06
Make it give -40 poison as a heart, then we're talkin.

Dissenter
23-02-04, 10:07
Leave it as a headchip.

As much as I would love to have SA,SF,Distance 3 + Moveon and a PP resistor. It'd be abit stupid now, wouldn't it?

g0rt
23-02-04, 10:11
omg so overpowered HAAHHA if PE's could get an extra head imp in there....dont even wanna think about it.

but still a neato idea

VetteroX
23-02-04, 10:11
No way. Lemme translate: "Im a pe who exploits RoLH power, and I dont like the fact that I cant use pp resitor and use rolh. plz make pp resistor a heart, so I can keep exploiting rolh over poweredness and have good resists." Sorry, no. its called a trade off.... more resists, weaker firepower, more firepower, weaker resists. plus it would bake all hearts totaly obsolite.

Craven
23-02-04, 10:18
Then add negative effects to the PP Chip. From everyone that I've talked to, not many people took it as a head chip seriously. I doubt I'll ever see this, but it'd be awesome if I did.

naimex
23-02-04, 10:22
Your signature is bugged o_O

Carven must be stopped!

Lucjan
23-02-04, 11:09
Then add negative effects to the PP Chip. From everyone that I've talked to, not many people took it as a head chip seriously. I doubt I'll ever see this, but it'd be awesome if I did.

Then you most likely talked to the wrong people. PP resistor is a basic component for many char designs on PEs, it is a must have for tanks and very usefull on monks if you give it a try.
Besides, why mess with something that is good and balanced?

It should take a head slot as this chip add really much. Just think of it that way: it saves you at least 60 points in CON.

Craven
24-02-04, 03:48
In my PE I'd rather boost my combat abilities than add to resists.

And no, my signature isn't bugged.

Alex The Great
24-02-04, 05:24

Then your PE is a Rolh Gimp or just a gimp if you don't use rolh.

SypH
24-02-04, 05:41
It'd be nice if it was a heart....but it would give too great an advantage to PE's and Tanks. Leave it as it is. Remaking it as a heart wont fix the fact that the other hearts apart from the FH suck ass. If anything needs fixed it's the other hearts.

Psycho_Soldier
24-02-04, 05:53
Originally posted by SypH
It'd be nice if it was a heart....but it would give too great an advantage to PE's and Tanks. Leave it as it is. Remaking it as a heart wont fix the fact that the other hearts apart from the FH suck ass. If anything needs fixed it's the other hearts.

To tanks? Not really, infact it might actually make my setup worse...

What chip would I use for the extra brainslot? Advanced Movement 3? Big deal, I would be losing the poison and xray from filter 2.

Clive tombstone
24-02-04, 06:04
Ok, I being a PE, should know this is a double-sided add, basically your ditching out hearts as it is. But im not saying thats a bad thing, since iv only used an artificial heart maybe 1 or 2 times total in my entire neocron experiance. But this is a completly one-sided approach, since im not very knolegable in the field of robotic-heart-entology :rolleyes:

I would be nice thought Im pretty sure it would be a fun little mod, but if that wont happen, then KK REALLY needs to do ether

A.)make some new hearts that dont blow Squirl nuts

B.)Improve the Hearts that already are blowing squirl nuts :p

C.)accidentaly Replace the artificial hearts with baked potatoes, giving the user about 5 seconds to live :D

g0rt
24-02-04, 07:12

heheh

ya well i mean the whole point of a PE is to cap all your weapons right?

:rolleyes:

funneh

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 12:33
Originally posted by VetteroX
No way. Lemme translate: "Im a pe who exploits RoLH power, and I dont like the fact that I cant use pp resitor and use rolh. plz make pp resistor a heart, so I can keep exploiting rolh over poweredness and have good resists." Sorry, no. its called a trade off.... more resists, weaker firepower, more firepower, weaker resists. plus it would bake all hearts totaly obsolite.

Why is a PE using a ROLH exploiting?

cRazy2003
24-02-04, 15:23
yea it might be overpowering some but it is a rare epic item dont forget, wud make it so much more valuable, and it would be up to u if u switch whatever heart u have in for it, i like it

VetteroX
24-02-04, 15:38
rolh is overpowered... good players said it, lupus siad it. its nerfed on the test server, and the free ride the people who use t had is finnaly at an end.... huge clip, huge damage, easiest gun in the gaim to aim, never misses = overpowered... every other gun has pros and cons. Now rays finnaly getting a con, lower damage then judge.

El_MUERkO
24-02-04, 16:10
ROLH isnt that overpowered that I can see, I'm using it at the moment on Pluto and I'm thinking of going back to the BOH, the ROLH may shoot more but the BOH gets a better lock and hits more when locked.

Maybe a few patches ago the ROLH was over powered but its no now, unless they're planning on lowering all pistol, cause if they only lower the ROLH then I think it'll be underpowered.

Glok
24-02-04, 16:17
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Might as well remove the heart slot and give everyone an automatic +15 in all resists. Since thats all this will acomplish.Exactly.

Lifewaster
24-02-04, 16:28
The current hearts are fine, we dont need an auto +15 resist one.

Its good that you have to choose between resists or attack with the current head slot choices.

Hell I'd like to use PPR as well as moveon on my monk, and still get to use 3 PSI chips , but atm I dont , and sticking PPR in the heart slot is way too easy , kinda reminds me of those old hacked items that used to float about the original diablo.

No thanks to a resist all heart.

Fez
24-02-04, 17:33
i agree something needs to be done with the current hearts but i dont think making the PP epic a heart is a solution

zii
24-02-04, 18:14
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
all my chars use it...i don't think it gimps at all :eek:

Mine too. Works fine in my tank and my monk swaps between the moveone and PP chip regularily.

PapaTigger
27-02-04, 23:38
Kann mir das einer mal Übersetzten?
Mein Englisch ist nicht grade das beste vom Ei!