PDA

View Full Version : old bugs existing in old clients or something

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 00:16
Recently a lot of old players from early retail / beta have been returning to this game i have noticed.

the weird thing is that with them coming back, all the old bugs are still around for them.

bugs such as logging on with implants missing from your head, random quickbelt items not there on logon, gogu missing on login, slot 1 missing on login, items turning into other items on death and such...all the old bugs which neither me nor any of my friends who play get any longer

they seem to still experience all the bugs that they experienced around the times they quit that have been fixed during their absence....

sorta weird if you ask me, or maybe everyone still gets those bugs
:confused:

oh well, anyone else?

Richard Blade
23-02-04, 00:42
I'm not one of the "returned", but just recently, I started having more of those bugs.

Crash to desktop on Synch.
Zero everything on login.

And the best one for me...
I didn't have the cabinet crash bug until they said they fixed it. <shakes head> It's crazy.

Although, I have noticed that the heavier the lag, the more bugs I encounter.

I've had some lag on my end, causing the zero everything on login bug.
But, some of the lag on level3 has caused my cabinet crashing.

Smacktard
23-02-04, 00:56
I just recently came back after a year off from this game. And I noticed immediately when I started playing again, that the same sychronization bug and then crash to desktop was STILL there for me. Same thing I had a year ago.

It doesn't happen often, just every once in a while. But it's the ONLY bug that I got in this game, which is miraculous considering what other people complain about.

When is the User going to take responsiblity for the bugs in this game? The fault may lie on YOUR end.

Look at me, the only bug I got is the synch out and then crash to desktop. Why aren't I having problems with these other bugs people are mentioning? I live in Nevada, USA by the way.

Why is it automatically Reakktors fault?
Couldn't the fault lie with your own computer set up?

I really believe the majority of the problems lie with the User.

Glok
23-02-04, 00:59
Smacktard... people are gonna flame you. But. I have so few problems with this game. Maybe one either sync or fatal or freeze a day. No more than any other game I have. I'm gonna post a screenshot of something and edit this....

Tratos
23-02-04, 01:02
Originally posted by Smacktard
I just recently came back after a year off from this game. And I noticed immediately when I started playing again, that the same sychronization bug and then crash to desktop was STILL there for me. Same thing I had a year ago.

It doesn't happen often, just every once in a while. But it's the ONLY bug that I got in this game, which is miraculous considering what other people complain about.

When is the User going to take responsiblity for the bugs in this game? The fault may lie on YOUR end.

Look at me, the only bug I got is the synch out and then crash to desktop. Why aren't I having problems with these other bugs people are mentioning? I live in Nevada, USA by the way.

Why is it automatically Reakktors fault?
Couldn't the fault lie with your own computer set up?

I really believe the majority of the problems lie with the User.

I agree 100% with you, that some bugs only happen to some people so it could be there end but you better get some inq armour a heat 3 and some fire resist poitions, i once said the same thig you just did and got flamed to hell!

And as you said your gettin the same bug YOU used to get and not bgs others experience, so i think the exact same thing as you do, the problem may lie at the players end as i get some bugs some of my friends never get same with them they have some funked up bugs i dont get

its weird but i garentee you somone who gets bugs is gonna flame you and say how l337 there pc is and it couldnt possibly their fault, trust me from experience

~Tratos

Glok
23-02-04, 01:03
Ok, NVM the edit. Here is what I have running (win98... you XP users will have WAY more than this)

http://eastsdomain.com/upload/taskinfo.png

Smacktard
23-02-04, 01:33
Meeting minimum requirements written on the box of any computer game does not guarantee you problem free play.

Your foundation is a really good computer system. Anything less, well then my friends, welcome to Bugville. You get what you pay for.

When your foundation is built on a weak computer system or a system built by amateurs who insist on building one their way, problems usually arise.

I've blamed Reakktor for my synchronization crash to desktop bug based on their bad game code. Could it be my computer that is causing this? Could be, and probably is, but it is the only bug I got and it only happens occassionally.

Let's take a cold hard look at our computers we got in front of us and ask ourselves one question. Is it time to upgrade?

Quit blaming Reakktor for problems that YOU started. Reakktor did not give you a computer when you bought the Neocron game box, you did. That is your responsibility.

Take responsibility and upgrade your ailing, sick, tortured ready to blow up garbage you call a computer and play the game that alot of us already enjoy.

Doesn't the connection speed have alot to do with playability during massive online gaming? You 56k modemers, what do you expect? A lag free session? LOL

Richard Blade
23-02-04, 01:48
Smacktard, nobody assessed any blame to KK.

I mentioned lag, but I said some of it was on my end which causes the zero everything on login and I mentioned level3 lag causing some other bugs.

I know how to do a trace route. I've done a few of them since I started playing this game. I didn't say KK was the cause of the lag. I didn't say they had buggy netcode.
I said I had lag on my end, and on level3.

You sound a little silly attacking people with broad generalized statements when nobody has said a thing about KK except you.

Doesn't the connection speed have alot to do with playability during massive online gaming? You 56k modemers, what do you expect? A lag free session? LOL

I'll admit that I don't have "broadband" in the accepted standard. DSL, ISDN, Satellite, etc. I've got wireless through a local company that is hooked to a backbone node. My connection is about four times the bandwitdth the usual 56k'r gets.

When the lag between me and KK is down, I have almost no problems. I can use Teamspeak, Winamp, Trillian, Neocron, and get a (pesky)windows autoupdate with only a loss of framerate.
But, when the lag is up, I have crashes everytime I move inventory or open a citycom.

Besides, if everyones systems are running like shit, how come so many other games run perfect on them?

** I'm not flaming you, sorry it sounds hostile. I'm a bit mad about another thread.

Valkyrie
23-02-04, 01:48
Wow smacktard you really do live up to your names' sake. My comp can run the latest games on the highest settings and still get a decent fps, and yes I have adsl. How is it my fault that NC crashes all the time, none of my other (far more recent) games crash at all.

Tratos
23-02-04, 01:53
Originally posted by Tratos
its weird but i garentee you somone who gets bugs is gonna flame you and say how l337 there pc is and it couldnt possibly their fault, trust me from experience

~Tratos

Originally posted by Valkyrie
Wow smacktard you really do live up to your names' sake. My comp can run the latest games on the highest settings and still get a decent fps, and yes I have adsl. How is it my fault that NC crashes all the time, none of my other (far more recent) games crash at all.

Told you.

~Tratos

Valkyrie
23-02-04, 02:07
Originally posted by Tratos
Told you.

~Tratos

So you think only about 5% of KKs customers getting relatively bug free game play is an acceptable figure, and not KK's fault at all? Cos as far as I can see all my in game friends, and my clan have found NC virtually unplayable this weekend.

Tratos
23-02-04, 02:12
Now did i say that?

I think not i only said that he would get flamed for what he said and you did as you rightfully can called him a smacktard for saying what he did i know this is a buggy game and even i bitch at it quite often but i find that i can mange quite well.

I may just be lucky or perhaps there is somthing about my system neocron likes but ive never had a crash to desktop or some of the bugs people say so its just a possibility that this is the case

And yes i know lag cant be our fault as its the netcode and stuff but its somthing like CTDs that could be caused at the player end of things

~Tratos

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 02:18
i agree with the people who say just cause 5% of the people who play this game crash once a day or whatever...doesn't mean it's ok in any way

and when 95% of people FRE every hour and always during the same occurences, i.e. zoning, moving loot, opening a cabinet, it's an internal programming related issue HANDS DOWN. I don't even do that much programming, and i'm not that experienced with that, but i have no idea how any one could not see that it's an internal game related issue, very, VERY little to do with what sorta computer you're running

i've gotten 10 of my RL friends into this game...
6 quit because of FREs every 30 minutes
4 are still here, barely though, one's about to quit because of it

and that's just me. think of all the customers lossed on the overall basis...

it's really not to do with your computer's specs

Glok
23-02-04, 02:27
Originally posted by Valkyrie
So you think only about 5% of KKs customers getting relatively bug free game play is an acceptable figure, and not KK's fault at all?Where in the living fuck do you get 5%. And ZoneVortex, shame on you for using that figure. If 95% of people playing this game had the kinds of problems you few have, the game would be dead. Period.

You think the players that have 5 accounts just so they can have alts on Pluto have these kinds of problems? I bet they don't to any significant degree.

Valkyrie
23-02-04, 02:31
Originally posted by Glok
Where in the living fuck do you get 5%. And ZoneVortex, shame on you for using that figure. If 95% of people playing this game had the kinds of problems you few have, the game would be dead. Period.

You think the players that have 5 accounts just so they can have alts on Pluto have these kinds of problems? I bet they don't to any significant degree.

I made it up like all statistics are. Oh and I never said people are getting 20 fre a day or anything I said their game play is not relatively bug free. Certainly I can't name many people I play with in game who dont say something along the lines of "bloody fatals" pretty regularly.

Smacktard
23-02-04, 04:00
ZoneVortex, did you ever think to ask yourself this one question:

My internet provider sucks! Should I get a new one?

Think about it, that is where your problem lies. The hub or zone that you are in is jamming up. You need to clear that up with them, not Reakktor.

I'm telling ya, i bet that is the majority of the problem here. The internet provider people are using.

Your internet provider can be a disaster or it can be awesome when it comes to online gaming.

I say call em up and have a technician come out and see how much traffic is going through your neighborhood. Ask for larger nods.

As for Tratos, dood I've been a veteran of forums for years. Trust me, people replying to my posts is not flaming, it is debate. And I enjoy it immensely. :)

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:19
Originally posted by Smacktard
ZoneVortex, did you ever think to ask yourself this one question:

My internet provider sucks! Should I get a new one?

Think about it, that is where your problem lies. The hub or zone that you are in is jamming up. You need to clear that up with them, not Reakktor.

I'm telling ya, i bet that is the majority of the problem here. The internet provider people are using.

Your internet provider can be a disaster or it can be awesome when it comes to online gaming.

I say call em up and have a technician come out and see how much traffic is going through your neighborhood. Ask for larger nods.

As for Tratos, dood I've been a veteran of forums for years. Trust me, people replying to my posts is not flaming, it is debate. And I enjoy it immensely. :)

er...

no cause it has nothing to do with my internet provider...

i have cable broadband....get 190 ping on the west coast of the united states. that's pretty high compared to some west coasters

It takes extremely minimal knownledge of coding to know that FATAL RUNTIME ERRORS have NOTHING to do with your ISP

Smacktard
23-02-04, 04:32
I live on teh west coast, well Nevada, and I dont have the problems you do or your six friends. Why?

You say it's not our computer specs. If it is Reakktors problem then why am I not experiencing the same thing you and your six friends did or have been?

It really sucks to hear that about you and your friends but I just want to pin these bugs down. And I really believe it is the User that is causing most of the problems.

What am I doing here on my computer that is so so much better than you and your friends computer? I don't know squat about computers.

Oh man, its raining cats and dogs here in Vegas, gonna flood, later.

:)

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:34
i just can't say it has anything to do with our computers when we can run any game you throw at us and run it perfectly...(we all just upgraded our gaming systems within the last 3 months), yet Neocron is just fucked up

Valkyrie
23-02-04, 04:39
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
i just can't say it has anything to do with our computers when we can run any game you throw at us and run it perfectly...(we all just upgraded our gaming systems within the last 3 months), yet Neocron is just fucked up

Exactly. I never said my PC is uber leet, but I have no problems with any other game online or offline but NC.

Babai
23-02-04, 05:43
I started playing NC almost since its release, stopped playing for abt 6 months and now playing again for about 2 months. During this time I have upgraded my system 2 times, my ISP upgraded their systems now I have adsl with up to 8 megs download and 1 meg upload. I changed my video card that improved fps 2 fold in other games. The only game that runs the same way as on release is NC, same low fps, same lag related problems, same support. And I usually reinstall my windows 2k every 3 months just to get rid of all crap that clutters it, upgrading all drivers.

Biznatchy
23-02-04, 05:52
I find it Odd that Smacktard thinks that just because he doesnt have the problems they dont exist.

I have been on Teamspeak with around 35 or so that play NC. I think out of thoes 35ish I cant think of any that didnt have FRE problems or synch crashes to desktop. I know it sounds odd but its true. I moved clans once and move to the new TS, and omg the first day it was a completely different group of guys, saying some of the same stuff.

see if these sound right

"Hey wait at the zoneline i crashed"

"Im in synch omg im going to die, get the ppu out here"

Person 1 "Where are you buttnugget"
Person 2 "Right beside you damit"
Person 1 "I dont see you damit how can i heal you"
Person 2 "ohh my hell this is #%$%#"

just some things you hear on every voice comm for people that play NC. That doesnt happen in other games we play.

Smacktard you did pick the right name though.

Smacktard
23-02-04, 16:32
Babai, your ISP getting you 8 megs of download is optimum, not what you are going to get every time you go to a website or connect to a massive online game, on the contrary, you are going to get alot less. The download speed is totally dependent on the website you are downloading from. It's only as fast as the website that is sending you information.

And reinstalling windows 2k every three months, yeah you're getting rid of things, neocron stability to go along with it. Reinstalling windows is a huge demand on the system, you are asking alot when you do that to your computer.

Hint* your system is still cluttered.

Biznatchy, I get synch crashes to desktop too. But that's it. Notice I do not include LAG. This is normal for any massive online game. Everyone lags at some point. People gripe about Neocron stability when most of the time it is just lag, and that is normal!

What do you expect, it is a massive online game. Nobody has perfected this type of environment where lag has been obliterated. The technology just isn't there yet.

Babai
23-02-04, 18:53
Lol, no I dont just reinstall windows, I completely format the drive, and then reinstall windows patch it up and update all drivers to current. Lol I am not a complete noob considering over 10 years of programming ;)

Elric
23-02-04, 19:06
Anyone else tried this yet?

Input is appreciated :D

Stability thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91752)

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 19:50
you know zone, ive just come back from a break (5 months ish) and im getting all the old retail bugs, like cashcubes apearing, insane amounts of slots on ammopacks etc. And ive only had these in early retail. I synch all the time, or crash on login.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 20:20
Originally posted by PsiCorps
you know zone, ive just come back from a break (5 months ish) and im getting all the old retail bugs, like cashcubes apearing, insane amounts of slots on ammopacks etc. And ive only had these in early retail. I synch all the time, or crash on login.

yeah, see, weird!

no one else gets those!

what sort of thing would cause that...o_O

I'm starting to think that bugs are caused and resumed through individual accounts on the server side, hence the problems with them get saved over time

PsiCorps
24-02-04, 02:01
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
yeah, see, weird!

no one else gets those!

what sort of thing would cause that...o_O

I'm starting to think that bugs are caused and resumed through individual accounts on the server side, hence the problems with them get saved over time

i once had a major lame ass bug (where my Cs was invisible in my GOGO and couldent me moved or replaced with anything else) and help desk said there could be database corruptions within older peoples accounts, the dood said odin would contact me, he never did :<

Spartan
24-02-04, 02:31
Just came back as of this saturday after quite some time off. Still getting FRE's out the wazoo. As well as I still have all the old bugs that existed then, which is too much to mention....