PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about this

Des
22-02-04, 20:10
Please be gentle :) I'm trying to relearn the game after a year away but I'll be damned if I can remember how to send a DIRECT> message to a specific person.

Anyone with a kind heart help me out ? heh, actually if you have the right answer you can be a complete bastard :)

Omnituens
22-02-04, 20:12
hit f1

select direct

type in name of person

press the + button next to the name

then type as per normal

Eddie
22-02-04, 20:55
Alternatively, you can type "+d PersonIWishToDirect" into the chat window, and then type "/d WhatIWantToSayToThePersonIWishToDirect" to say something.

Much quicker IMO, and easier than arsing around with windows if you're directing lots of people.

Eddie

SeXy Happy
22-02-04, 20:56
Didn't know that, Thanks Eddie!

Valkyrie
22-02-04, 21:11
Or of course right click them and add them to direct via the little menu that pops up.

Mumblyfish
22-02-04, 21:15
Originally posted by Valkyrie
Or of course right click them and add them to direct via the little menu that pops up.

Assuming you're trying to direct someone standing six inches from your face.

Eddie, you're the man. I didn't know any of that. So... would I be able to add "+d blueblueblueblueblue" commands to SMS? So that typing, say, /sms a would set my Direct to talk to... uhm... whoever I set /sms a to? I need more friends...

Valkyrie
22-02-04, 21:20

I quite often do this, sometimes you don't want the whole of plaza 1 to hear whats you're saying to someone.

Mumblyfish
22-02-04, 21:21
Originally posted by Valkyrie
I quite often do this, sometimes you don't want the whole of plaza 1 to hear whats you're saying to someone.

Oh, I wasn't saying anything about it being wrong. I do it all the time. It's just not a possible method of adding people to DM nine times out of ten.

Des
22-02-04, 21:28
Thanks all

Shujin
22-02-04, 21:38
if someone directs you you can just push ctrl d and it and it will auto put Direct> in ur chat thing and send it to them

example:
someone directs "hey u new"
and u push ctrl d and type yea and push enter

it doesnt add them to direct or nothing it just replies

Eddie
22-02-04, 21:54
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

Eddie, you're the man. I didn't know any of that. So... would I be able to add "+d blueblueblueblueblue" commands to SMS? So that typing, say, /sms a would set my Direct to talk to... uhm... whoever I set /sms a to? I need more friends...

That's good thinking Mumbly.. haven't tried it as I have THAT many friends it wouldn't be fair to only map a few :P

On that note, I remember our old Mayze used to map /set kill_self 1 to a SMS (which he triggered later without knowing.. har har), so I imagine this kind of console command is sms-mappable.

Well, as I always say, there's always only one way to find out. Now go do it and let me know :)

Eddie

Mumblyfish
22-02-04, 22:05
Originally posted by Eddie
Well, as I always say, there's always only one way to find out. Now go do it and let me know :)

I suppose it's the easiest way. Tried it, and it works. Wahey! Now I have a little notepad of all my /sms peoples, and it is fan-tastic. On a lighter note, I tried the mapping of kill_self too. Hilarity ensued at my Plaza 1 apartment.