PDA

View Full Version : PPU, raising SL and doing epics.

Ghost_Shifter
22-02-04, 18:48
When you freez someone at MB (for example), like one of those annoying stealthing little fuckers, and they die, a PPU loses SL. The other day we had some trouble with a Crahn clan and as we kicked there arses and none of them lived, again I lost a great deal of SL.

Then as all my clan buddies took launher missions to get their SL back up, I was left thinking WTF do I do now???

For some reason, even when you solo an aggy with a parashock bolt, you still dont register the kill which rules out doing missions.

Finally, WTF (other than exploit) do you do when you have to kill another runner for an epic? I mean just look at teh battle rank of a PPU... how the funk we supposed to kill another runner with a battle rank of 80***

Any suggestions?

J. Folsom
22-02-04, 18:49
Recycling missions.

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 18:51
well I don't know about mission's.... You could try punching or using a pistol or rifle to do damage..

As for Epic's.. Find an APU, and you can either pay them to let you kill them, or you can para, then para and keep blasting them with Damage boost on them untill they die, might take a while..

Ghost_Shifter
22-02-04, 18:53
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
well I don't know about mission's.... You could try punching or using a pistol or rifle to do damage..

As for Epic's.. Find an APU, and you can either pay them to let you kill them, or you can para, then para and keep blasting them with Damage boost on them untill they die, might take a while..

Yea, I'd probably do that, but aint that considered an exploit?

sw1tch
22-02-04, 19:09
drugs aswell as melee boost should give you a decent amount of STR and melee for a half decent melee weapon, better than nothing :X

Sefran
22-02-04, 19:14
A rank resets so no it isnt a exploit , would else be like unpossible for a ppu to get a epic, unless they gonne start whine it is like that ''exploit" of dmg'ing urself rofl....

KimmyG
22-02-04, 19:17
Try the parashock bolt I think it is, not sure if it has been nerfed dmg wise but if it hasn't you used it be able to smoke Cyclops with ease if there boosted

If it did get nerfed along with all the para spells guess its some wait time.

Ghost_Shifter
22-02-04, 19:30
Originally posted by KimmyG
Try the parashock bolt I think it is, not sure if it has been nerfed dmg wise but if it hasn't you used it be able to smoke Cyclops with ease if there boosted

If it did get nerfed along with all the para spells guess its some wait time.

*cough*

For some reason, even when you solo an aggy with a parashock bolt, you still dont register the kill which rules out doing missions.

Glok
22-02-04, 19:31
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Recycling missions.

Carinth
22-02-04, 19:45
The short answer is that you're not supposed to regain sl or change factions or do epics. Yet in regards to sl, we are punished the most. Your teamates take sl hits for whoever they kill. You take sl hits for everyone you shock, who is then taken out by your teamates. So if you have 4 ppl with you, and each kills 1 person, you get hit with 4x the sl loss. Then we also suffer the biggest risk in pvp, and a red sl ppu is fucked if he ever leaves a safezone. 5+ items dropped and every single one will be valuable and a pain to replace. Welcome to life as a ppu : )

There are no cityterm missions for us, if you're a gimp and can do tradeskiller missions, that's great. Otherwise you're stuck doing combat missions. If you attempt to do a high level mission, such as the cyclops, you need to do a certain amount of dmg in a certain amount of time in order to gain credit. PPU's can't do enough dmg fast enough for it to register. We could maybe have done it before, when we had a reasonable rof on holy para, but not now. As someone said you can put in a melee1 eye, put in a moveon, take some drugs, and try out some midranged melee weapon. With just the eye and melee3 boost, I can use a junkknife. I do the same pitiful damage as para. So when my sl takes a hit, I leave. Then I stand around in plaza while my sl goes back up. That's the only legitimate way for a ppu to regain sl, just idle it away. With the epics, not only do you hafta kill a runner, you often hafta kill npc's. So it's time to whip out your soul cluster and watch it go around a corner and get lost. Or deal 2,000 damage but not even scratch the npc. Ahh good times.

Glok
22-02-04, 19:48
Carinth, with the recycling missions, you simply buy whatever chemical they want recycled. You don't need to be a gimp. Or do the research ones and have a researcher friend BP up a batch of the required BPs.

Sefran
22-02-04, 19:55
Or u can simply do the construct missions in TG (if u have the symp) simply buy the item in the shop and deliver it to the right person works pretty quick but this one is only limieted to a few ppl.

dr.fish
22-02-04, 19:59
**pulls out the 5 slot medicant SMG**

time to do uber damage :),i 'm the best ratkiller there is with my ppu..

Tratos
22-02-04, 20:03
Yeah raising SL is a bitch, but as for Epics, there are non which give a reward a PPU would want at the moment, i realise that people may want to do epics for the master status or to sell on the reward but untill the crahn epic a PPU doesnt need to do any epics, i may seem a bit of an ass hat saying this but it is true and id imagine/hope that the crahn epic will be PPU friendly i.e. have an alternative mission for PPUs at the point at which you have to kill somone.

As for SL its either standing in your app all night or doing research/construct recycle missions :(

~Tratos

Carinth
22-02-04, 20:17
Originally posted by Glok
Carinth, with the recycling missions, you simply buy whatever chemical they want recycled. You don't need to be a gimp. Or do the research ones and have a researcher friend BP up a batch of the required BPs.

Are all ppu's tradeskillers? When I was a combat ppu, I had absolutely no points anywhere that didn't help me in combat. All dex was in agil, which means no recycle. Having me do tradeskiller missions is just as bad as having me kill things for a mission. Neither are ppu missions, nor are they what a ppu should be doing. If you take up a tradeskill, that's great, you're now a tradeskiller and you can do tradeskiller missions. If you gimp your setup to use a weapon or even take up some apu to use a lowlvl apu spell, you're nolonger a ppu. You're a hybrid of somesort. There is nothing a pure passive monk can do aside from idleing, to lower sl. The last time I got in trouble with SL, I was lucky to have an alt spy researcher. So I could do res missions, but I'm not a researcher! I'm a ppu!

PS. Yea doing rat missions works, you don't get much sl but you can kill rats fast enough to get credit. So it's your best bet. But why should a ppu be forced to kill : p

Originally posted by Tratos
Yeah raising SL is a bitch, but as for Epics, there are non which give a reward a PPU would want at the moment, i realise that people may want to do epics for the master status or to sell on the reward but untill the crahn epic a PPU doesnt need to do any epics, i may seem a bit of an ass hat saying this but it is true and id imagine/hope that the crahn epic will be PPU friendly i.e. have an alternative mission for PPUs at the point at which you have to kill somone.

As for SL its either standing in your app all night or doing research/construct recycle missions :(

~Tratos
Epics are a requirement to start a clan, which effectively means ppu's can't start clans. I agree most of the epics are pointless for a ppu to do, but the protopharma and biotech could be useful dependin on your setup. If you don't mind giving up some ppu/psu you can use the pp resistor chip, which gives you enough points in con to have a really good resist setup. Since we're debuffed left and right these days, having a defense aside from psi comes in handy. The moveon is less useful imo, but some like it.

I will bet you the Crahn epic most definitly does require pk'ing, at the very least you'll prolly hafta kill npc's. Even better will be the FA epic, I believe it's supposed to be a tradeskiller chip. I bet you tradeskillers will be told they hafta pk someone.

Glok
22-02-04, 20:19
:confused:

Accept the recycler mission.
You need 5 solantium.
Go to Cryton's and BUY 5 solantium.
Return to whatever NPC, hand it over.
Mission complete.

Carinth
22-02-04, 20:28
Originally posted by Glok
:confused:

Accept the recycler mission.
You need 5 solantium.
Go to Cryton's and BUY 5 solantium.
Return to whatever NPC, hand it over.
Mission complete.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, Glok. Pure PPU's do not kill and do not do tradeskills. Please tell me how a Pure PPU can gain sl then? Doing a recycler mission is assuming you have recycling as a tradeskill. That you can cheat and buy the chems, is not relevant. That's like saying PPU's were fine and killable before debuff was ever brought into the game, just cause you could noob buff them. Sure you can kill ppu's that way, but the fact that you're forced to abuse a game mechanism should say something. Likewise I shouldn't hafta buy chems to trick the npc into thinking I recycled them.

Glok
22-02-04, 20:31
Oh. I didn't realize there was anyone who actually recycled junk to complete recycle missions. 8|

edit: What's the matter with having 90 agil and the rest in recycle anyways? 90 agil is more than plenty. And, while we are on the subject, how did you cap dex? (if you capped it..)

Lifewaster
22-02-04, 20:43
One thing to remember is a PPU can stay green and still make a huge help in killing players.

Other night in the FA civil war, I was helping keep 5 red players alive while they were fighting, the buffs, S/D, Heals and anti-sanctums made a huge diff on their own.

And if I had wanted to I could even have boosted the opponents for even more effectiveness, the only thing I couldnt openly do was para, and tl8 bolts.

So atm, a PPU can do all of this without taking SL hits, maybe if they change the system so we actually lose SL when a runner we buff/heal kills someone then we would have a fair gripe about the diff to recover SL, but atm I dont see it as much other than am ingame mechanism to reduce para-spam.

Carinth
22-02-04, 20:47
There used to be, when recycling gave decent dex. New players would gather all the chitin they could while huntin in sewers and then sell to mid/high lvled players so they could level dex. But regardless, why would it be called a recycling mission if they expected you to buy the chems? That'd be a barter mission, if anything.

Glok
22-02-04, 20:54
True. I don't really see it as abusing game mechanics though. You are deceiving the NPC, you could even call it roleplaying. :p