PDA

View Full Version : Faction incentive

superfresh
22-02-04, 10:27
The faction thing is kind of key to how NC was intended to work. There are in-game mechanisms meant to enforce it. Why not have some to encourage faction diversity?

My idea is this. Make faction missions (not epics) have varying rewards depending on the population of a given faction. Example: a given server has a 60% population in Tsunami, and 5% in BD. The people in BD would get a relatively greater reward in cash and faction sympathy for their missions, and the Tsunamis would get less.

In a RP sense, you could think of it as NPC faction representatives being more grateful for having a runner devote themself to a faction that needs more support.

In a realistic sense, it would accomplish what both KK and I imagine what most competitive players want, which is a good mix of faction power. I think both the non-PvP and the "warlord" players would enjoy this sort of thing. The non-PvP's would benefit from joining whatever faction they wanted (many choose their faction according to safety), and the hardcore PvP'rs would see a better mix on the OP map and in popular PK areas.

What do ya think?

[edit] the bottom line is, a lot of newcomers choose their faction according to where they can most easily hunt warbots or firemobs, rather than what RP style they like most. I joined as NEXT originally, but as the game currently works, I got sucked into FA because, lets face it, NEXT is poo on any server.