PDA

View Full Version : Removing fog effect?

Ehyuko
22-02-04, 08:52
Is there a way to remove the fog effect that sometimes occurs? Seems like every time I start fighting more then 2-3 people the fog decends. I have fine fps [between 60-20, the 20 is looking at an op and a bunch of people fighting in it], normal ping [~160-260, this doesn't increase when I start fighting] and use less then 1 k of bandwidth, so why would this occur and is there any possible fix for it?

I ask because as a rifler the viewable range I have drops to below 100m ingame [within range of almost all rare pistols/apu/tank effects], while people remain targetable, all you get is the target box [as you all likely are aware] that pops up when you have the recticle over where they are in an otherwise unremarkable brown effect. Needless to say randomly targetting spots and then trying to track someone when you can't see them is rather hard... pretty good since they aren't using stealth.

neophotographer
22-02-04, 11:57
try turning off force fog and see if that helps.

Stacey

J. Folsom
22-02-04, 12:37
Actually, set fog distance to maximum and turn on force fog.
If you haven't got force fog enabled it will automattically attempt to adjust itself to keep your FPS up, if you enable it, it'll always stay at your own set fog distance.

Glok
22-02-04, 12:39
That's why my view distance keeps changing itself?? I didna know that. I like having max distance. *Turns on force fog*

Elric
22-02-04, 12:52
erm, ist it a weather effect or something?

No one notice that whenever it rains the view distance gets shorter, I just figured it was a weather type effect thing.

Glok
22-02-04, 12:54
That is exacly what I was referring to, Elric. Spooky. 8|

Does that mean force fog won't make any difference? Bleh.

Elric
22-02-04, 13:01
dunno, might try it later. I tell ya, its always bloody raining over Military Base way O_o

I dont like the force fog thing much anyways to be honest, its doesnt force the fog far enuf away :p

Archeus
22-02-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Elric
No one notice that whenever it rains the view distance gets shorter, I just figured it was a weather type effect thing.

Yes its a weather effect. Might be a way to disable it though.

Psyco Groupie
22-02-04, 13:03
Disabling weather would be cheating ....

Omnituens
22-02-04, 14:43
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Disabling weather would be cheating ....
as is turning up the bightness at night... :rolleyes:

kurai
22-02-04, 18:27
heh

The weather effect is just a pain in the arse.

It seems that it always starts to rain just when I have sneaked into position and settled into a nice snipe spot for an op battle.

I either have to move until I'm practically at pistol range, or just hope I get lucky scanning the general area and pick up an enemy hitbox in the murk :D

Keiron
22-02-04, 18:38
Originally posted by kurai
pick up an enemy hitbox in the murk :D
Look for swirlies. That's how I usta do it.