PDA

View Full Version : MC5 Newbie, and the probelm's of the system...

Q`alooaith
21-02-04, 23:48
Ok, we all know the pain's of rerolling and having to make that 30 second or so run from where you start out to the GR..

Well some people spend a little more time in MC5 than you lot, so this idea is aimed toward's the people who stay in MC5, not the people who leave as soon as they can..

Citycoms, well at one time MC5 had em, now they're gone again, well I'd like to see them added back, or somthing so you can read your mails at MC5.... the flashing get's on my nerve..

Drones, well none of the MC5 vendor's stock any drones, not even the newb gear ones.. I'd like to see it possible to buy drones, even if it was just the first three lowest TL ones..

Pistols, well they do sell lowtech pistols, but also they sell plasma pistol's, shock shock.. but no ammo for said plasma pistol's, though it's possible for a pistol PE or spy to get to the first level plasma pistol in MC5 without much effort.. I'd like to see the higher TL one's dissapear, and more lower TL one's sold, with ammo sold as well..

Rifles, If your a rifle user your pretty much in trouble, with only the basic rifle you start with being much use untill the shotgun's, of which the first level is able to be made inside MC5, so you can get that explosive mod, but still not much use... I'm guessing this is a range thing since most of the mob's in MC5 have low range..

Psi, well just look at the nomad trader's, an APU can get all the spell's he need's right upto the beam's and barrels... PPU's on the other hand can't even get a TL3 heal.. and the psi glove's are no where to be seen..
So I'd ask that the higher TL APU spell's get pulled from MC5 traders, and low level PPU spell's and maybe psi gloves added..

Melee, currently ok I think...

Heavy weapons, well this is a big hole, not even a basic hand grenade is sold, I'd like to see some lowtech low TL weapon's sold..

Tools, well take a look, we can get a stealth 1, 2 and 3 in MC5 newbie which most people would agree with me are high level stuff, while TL30 tool's don't get a look-in... I'd like to see some lowish level tools, maybe even a TL15 or so tool's so new droner's can have a go researching or building their own drones..

So, what does thou thunkest?

////////////

Yes, these idea's would take time to do, but they do not require massive changes, or a huge ammount of time by anyone who could be fixing the game code, so don't say no just because there are bug's that need fixxing, because this does not preclude bugfixxes.

\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTW, maybe is the last option as maybe but only if such and such happens.. Maybe mean's that anyway, there's no I want to vote that I don't want to vote option, cause if you don't want to vote, or don't care about the idea, I dont care I don't need to know you don't care about the idea..

FuzzyDuck
21-02-04, 23:52
MC5 completely blows currently, I deeply hope KK play about with it and get it newbie friendly for DoY.

amfest
22-02-04, 00:18
yes newbie mc5 for sure does need a looking into before BDOY. Personaly I'd like the inclusion of small mini dunegons besides the rooms with bots in them which hurt like hell to a starting character .. lol

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 00:52
Hey, amfest I got a new droner in MC5 atm, one drone with a little good use of cover did a fair old whack of damage to the base commander, wanna make one and try and take him down again....

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 18:38
should have made this thread in the daytime... so more people could see it..

///

Drones MKII, currently only weapon part 1's are easy to make in MC5, 2 and 3's are impossible to make, due to lakc of certain junk's..

So

Chemicals, I'd like to see arrlium become a drop from a few of the mob's, so it's easyer to make part 2's..

Though that's just an idea..

Helyson
23-02-04, 01:42
MC5 sucks if your a complete newbie and you don't know where to start. Some pointers on what to do from some NPCs might help too.

naimex
23-02-04, 01:46
yea remake n00bie mc5..

and make it accessible to all

according to story line there are a number of "MC(x)" facilities

why not just make them hunting zones.. to keep the ganking at a low..

and then make it all better.. mc5 sewers.. mc5 prison cells.. mc5 medical facility.. mc5 offices.. make it viable.. make it work..

...Make it happen.

Q`alooaith
23-02-04, 02:07
MC stand's for Medical centre, or if your anti city you think it mean's Mind Control...

Anyway, I'd like to see more MC unit's, not as newbi starting area's but as high level hunting area's..

I'd take out MC5 hard, so MC5 is inacessable to anyone once they leave, but MC6 and MC4 and such could be found maybe... Though some might be hard to find, or destroyed already...