PDA

View Full Version : Should we buy Martin a new mobo?

lullysing
21-02-04, 23:20
i'll quote from another thread, since i do think this is funny.

On my PC (Dell, P4/2.0 Ghz, Win XP, Nvidia GeForce II), Neocron runs fluent and without any showstoppers. Anyway... that doesn't keep us from working hard to find the issues that keep other players from enjoying NC to full extent

MJS only has a geforce2 ! I say we send him some funds so he could get a real gamer's graphic card...lol

Judge
21-02-04, 23:22
Well, he could always auction off one of his many Rolexs.

Don't feel too sorry for him. :p

Lanigav
21-02-04, 23:23
If Martin can't afford a new graphics card, then there's something really wrong...

Psychoninja
21-02-04, 23:25
Originally posted by Lanigav
If Martin can't afford a new graphics card, then there's something really wrong...

Yep o_O

ServeX
21-02-04, 23:30
listen, just because he has a ge force 2 dosen't mean hes not ok financially. I know lots of people who have great salaries but don't upgrade their computers simply because they don't need to. Neocron dosen't require a huge PC to run well. And you also need to keep in mind, he lives in Germany, which is close to where the servers are. That means he gets lower pings etc. So, personally, I believe he's doing just fine.

lullysing
21-02-04, 23:30
Originally posted by Lanigav

Why do you think i posted about it? I mean,even i got a ghetto geforce 4 that's actually better than my old geforce2.

Quede
21-02-04, 23:34
Originally posted by lullysing
i'll quote from another thread, since i do think this is funny.

MJS only has a geforce2 ! I say we send him some funds so he could get a real gamer's graphic card...lol

I play on various systems, 1 has a GeForce 2 GTS and I see
no performance difference then my GeForce4 system and
Neocron.

Only games with modern graphic engines seem to be affected.

That said, if MJS actually does any coding/debugging then
he SHOULD have a lower powered machine then the average
street machine. It puts things into perspective.

All my development is done on a P3 1Ghz and my average
client is a P4 2Ghz, so if it performs well for me, it should
work very well for the user.

Keiron
21-02-04, 23:35
Hate to point out, a faster GPU won't do shit. His FPS should be pretty good, since about 90% of Neocron's FPS comes from CPU.

lullysing
21-02-04, 23:40
Originally posted by Keiron
Hate to point out, a faster GPU won't do shit. His FPS should be pretty good, since about 90% of Neocron's FPS comes from CPU.

Really ? swapping for the new gpu actually helped a lot in terms of view distance vs fps for me. Of course, if i would turn vegetation to maximal near the military base i'dd be fucked anyhow, but hey.

Omnituens
22-02-04, 00:00
yup faster CPU = more FPS

until BDoY that is, where your GPU will matter more.

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:17
What Martin didn't say is:
"My other computer's a Porsche"

Blum

Tratos
22-02-04, 00:21
Yeah and my other Rolex is a Rolex

~Tratos

:p

Opar
22-02-04, 00:33
He dropped his 256 MB Radeon whatever-me-bob for his Rolex.... and Odins Rolex.... and DaFire's rolex.....

Psychoninja
22-02-04, 00:43
I think Odin wishes that was true :p

Tratos
22-02-04, 01:09
Nah Odin wants and he says himself a $1 Micky Mouse watch :D

~Tratos

lullysing
22-02-04, 18:25
They support disney products? I would rather think they would have a naked chick watch ala heavy metal magazine.

Psyco Groupie
22-02-04, 18:35
you cant put normal mobos in dells, ul.

•Super|\|ova•
22-02-04, 18:37
Ummm... mobo = mother board, graphics card = graphics card. Get it?

trigger hurt
22-02-04, 18:44
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Ummm... mobo = mother board, graphics card = graphics card. Get it?

Uhm dell comes with intergrated video. Sometimes, not very easy to turn off so you can use a different video card.

And you can fit different motherboard into a dell case. Their cases are the same as any other, you just have to change where the stand-off's are positioned and sometimes find a new plate for the back where your output/input is.

•Super|\|ova•
22-02-04, 18:46
Originally posted by trigger hurt
Uhm dell comes with intergrated video. Sometimes, not very easy to turn off so you can use a different video card.

And you can fit different motherboard into a dell case. Their cases are the same as any other, you just have to change where the stand-off's are positioned and sometimes find a new plate for the back where your output/input is.

Eeeewwww... integrated stuff is evil :( don't you guys know that? I've heard that everything is made to be un-integrated until Satan himself comes and integrates all the shit just to make things worse :(