PDA

View Full Version : OT: For all you Halo fans now you to can look like the Master Chief

Hell-demon
21-02-04, 14:24
When I read about this in PC GAMER I was interested. These people make replicas of video game characters. And after the pics Ive seen they do a good job.

halo (http://www.nightmarearmor.com)

But I wonder....If KK were to pay these guys they could make a full Tank PA to promote Neocron dont ya think.

But anyway thought this might interest you die hard Halo fans:angel:

And Im not trying to advertise nightmare armor I just wanted you people to know that a cool looking outfit has been made:D

Ozzon
21-02-04, 15:05
It's a bit funny but the armors... wow.

Lathuc
21-02-04, 15:41
is it just me or does the guy in the begining have glowing eyes?

Hell-demon
21-02-04, 15:42
See if you play video games alot you get glowing eyes. Just look at Alex Denton from Deus Ex IW:rolleyes:

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 16:14
is it me or does he look like Dr. Daniel Jackson from stargate SG-1?

Tratos
21-02-04, 16:18
Hmm.... i wonder...

A) If i can get my hands on a Master Chief suit, lol

B) If KK/10T Would consider making large models of Tanks/Spys/PE/Monks in there PA with a weapon drawn, i mean how cool would it look to be in a game shop and seeing a 6 foot armour suit with a CS standing in the corner, much like what they did for the release of Return of the King and there was a like 6 foot model of Arragorn next to the shelf they was on, would be sweet :D

~Tratos

Psyco Groupie
21-02-04, 16:20
They look cool, but he also clearly touches em up in photoshop

Elric
21-02-04, 16:29
and as long as they cleaned up the CS model so taht it didnt look like a lump of melted plastic :p

Siygess
21-02-04, 17:05
Not a bad idea at all.. Maybe KK could get a suit made ahd take it to the next major PC show (E3 or something) to promote NC and BDoY. Afterwards, they could auction it off to make some money back or perhaps run a competition of some kind and give it away as a prize :D

Keiron
21-02-04, 17:35
Originally posted by PsiCorps
is it me or does he look like Dr. Daniel Jackson from stargate SG-1?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that...

Hell-demon
21-02-04, 18:03
I want to be buried in that Master Chief suit.

Note that there is a raffle for a helmet...:rolleyes:

Psychoninja
21-02-04, 18:17
8|

Thats something I'll have to buy before I die.....

:angel:

Edit: Just noticed they have the FF Movie armor on there too :D

Hell-demon
21-02-04, 22:29
I can just imagine the release of BDoY. A guy in a spy PA outfit handing out copies and having photos taken....8|

Keiron
21-02-04, 23:38
Originally posted by Hell-demon
I can just imagine the release of BDoY. A guy in a spy PA outfit handing out copies and having photos taken....8|
/me signs himself up

Shujin
21-02-04, 23:45
Originally posted by PsiCorps
is it me or does he look like Dr. Daniel Jackson from stargate SG-1? he looks fuckin nothing like him wtf are u lookin at....
daniel = skinny guy w/ glasses.

this guy = big dude with green contacts....

BlackPrince
21-02-04, 23:48
I want both the DE and HALO armor.

Psychoninja
21-02-04, 23:50
Tank PA replica would pwn ;)

KK should look into getting one made :o

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:04
I think a bunch of us should buy some of that armour, find a small town full of country bumpkins and walk around like we're a bit lost, speaking quite slowly as if we're just learning the language, buying things and tasting them as if we've never had them before.

In 2006 we'll be famous. Fire In The Sky II - The Visit!
Blum

shodanjr_gr
22-02-04, 00:07
Damn i want that SUIT!!!!

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 00:12
You know you could make your own..

you just need to make one can be made of practicaly anything that will hold it's shape, and then you just make a mold and you can start churning them out...

just try google, there's a few site's with info's on how you can do stuff like that... liquide plastic's can be pretty cheep, though depend's on what you get and how good it is..

Logan Tyrus
22-02-04, 00:50
yeh ur right im sure u cud build one urself, and i might be inclined to try since the suit is like 8 grand.

But i know if i tried it bugger it up a treat :rolleyes:

Hell-demon
22-02-04, 00:52
If I had that suit I would walk in on someone playing Halo on the Xbox and say "Your doing it all wrong, Id never do something like that":p

It would scare the living shit out of them, especially seeing as I can do the Master Chiefs voice:D

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 01:04
Ok then I'll give you some tip's then...

Make a basic mold of your chest, arm's, where ever a part of the suit it going to be going... this is going to be your form, you'll work the part's to the right size bassed on this...

Make the patern from somthing easy to work with, fomecore, balsa wood are pretty easy to work with but have drawback's, fomecore come's in flat sheet's, so making curves is a pain, and blasa when worked can leave a rough finish..

To counter this, you plaster the patern, clay can also be usefull as it shapes easly enough to work with, but is solid enough that when you make the mold it won't lose it's shape, it's also smooth so a little easyer to finish..

The more time you take, the better the result's...

oh when it come's to helmet's I'd not recomend trying to make one from scratch, just get a cheep motorcycle or motocross one and layer on top of it, rember you'll need to breath, so make air holes..

//////////

If you do decide to try yourself, you do so at your own risk, advice above is devoide of safety procedures, alway's follow any instruction's given on products...
In other words, if you take my advice and hurt yourself because you did somthing wrong it's all your own fault.

Craven
22-02-04, 01:05
I KNOW most of you jack-offs would wear that shit around the house. God, I gotta get out of gaming.

Hell-demon
22-02-04, 01:06
The suit costs $3500o_O

Look on the bright side, they do custom paint jobs. So you can have a blue suit or white suit:angel:

Logan Tyrus
22-02-04, 01:09
Originally posted by Hell-demon
The suit costs $3500o_O

hmm, i thought it was more than that. mis read PC gamer :) i still want one. When i win the lottery...

Hell-demon
22-02-04, 01:10
Lets not forget its dollars:angel:

If your living in England and you take into account the exchange rates, its actually alot cheaper:)

Logan Tyrus
22-02-04, 01:11
jus a little over £1750 methinks, still, outta my price range for a gimmicky geeky bit of clothing. I'd love to wear it to my Paintball field tho :cool:

Hell-demon
22-02-04, 01:14
From what Ive read it can with stand a paintball. So I guess you could use it for pain ball.....o_O

I think the helmet would be good for a motorcyclists:D