PDA

View Full Version : Dogtags(and other items linked to players)

ezza
21-02-04, 13:24
ok was just raiding the MB got myself a few dogtags to throw in the collection(gotta get em all;) )then looked over a few of my old ones, and noticed that the names were gone, proberbly because the player had deleted his char.

same thing with weapons the guy deletes char player name removed.

now some of the name less tags were from my beloved hybrids kills cabinet damn joo.

isnt there some way of separating the link between player and item once its created so the name doesnt disappear.

i know its not that big of a deal, but still it would be nice to have it so the name stays

L0KI
21-02-04, 13:28
You actually collect dog tags?

Fair play to ya :D

I havent met a single person who collects them. I havent picked one up since i ganked the GM

ezza
21-02-04, 13:32
Originally posted by L0KI
You actually collect dog tags?

Fair play to ya :D

I havent met a single person who collects them. I havent picked one up since i ganked the GM i only collect notable ones really people who piss me off/i dont like/ or server celebs

back when i was merc we had box in clan apartment stuffed full of tags of the TG who though they could raid MB while MoD was on patrol

Celt
21-02-04, 13:35
I still have 6 cabs of doggies :(

Doc Holliday
21-02-04, 14:15
i collect em. well did do. got a few notables. my gm dogtag is my fave. apart from that i collect them from people i really really dislike so i can take em out and look laugh remember laugh more and put em away again.

StryfeX
21-02-04, 14:22
Separating the name from the actual character would be good.

BTW ezza, you *did* add the death last night in PP2 to your death count, right? ;)

--Stryfe

ezza
21-02-04, 14:49
Originally posted by StryfeX
Separating the name from the actual character would be good.

BTW ezza, you *did* add the death last night in PP2 to your death count, right? ;)

--Stryfe lol yes i did bastard :D , i came back but you guys had gone:mad:

Rade
21-02-04, 14:57
I used to collect but *shrug* became too many, even when
throwing away the ones from lesser kills. And in the beginning
they were so buggy anyways. I used to be all touchy about
dogtags from me as well but then I realised that I die all the
frickin time so hey, whats the point :D

naimex
21-02-04, 15:39
Originally posted by Celt
I still have 6 cabs of doggies :(

damn you !!!! I only have 3 cabs :(

Omnituens
21-02-04, 16:21
i only keep Dogtags if the kill was of a good player or was a kill with a stupid weapon ie the Wyatt Earp :p

Ascension
21-02-04, 16:26
Talking about dogtags..

when u dont have it in your inventory and its on the ground it says

'dog tag of....'

can this be fixed or is it another bug that just sits there waiting ti be done? or not as the case may be:rolleyes:

naimex
21-02-04, 17:46
Originally posted by Ascention
Talking about dogtags..

when u dont have it in your inventory and its on the ground it says

'dog tag of....'

can this be fixed or is it another bug that just sits there waiting ti be done? or not as the case may be:rolleyes:

no it cant be fixed..

you have to pick it up, and look at it to see who it is a dogtag off, the letters are far too small too see with it on the ground.

[EDIT : damn canīt find my dogtag.. could have shown just how hard it is to see on a real one.. but seems i have misplaced it]

Glok
21-02-04, 17:50
Originally posted by naimex
you have to pick it up, and look at it to see who it is a dogtag off, the letters are far too small too see with it on the ground. That's not why... :confused:

Are you trying to be funny, or...?

naimex
21-02-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Glok
That's not why... :confused:

Are you trying to be funny, or...?

seriously.. its so small you can have your hand closed into a fist around it.. the letters are beweled in... no way you can read whos name is on a dogtag unless you look at it.. within an arms length away from you.

Glok
21-02-04, 17:57
That's for RL dogtags... it doesn't apply to the ingame ones. They all have the same icon and model.

StryfeX
21-02-04, 18:54
Originally posted by ezza
lol yes i did bastard :D , i came back but you guys had gone:mad: :lol: We weren't gone, we just went inside Twister to talk without being harassed by big dumb BD tanks. :p :angel:

--Stryfe

Q`alooaith
21-02-04, 19:02
I'm pretty sure they can't...

Same thing happen's with ignore list's too I think, you ignore a player and they reroll to a char with the same name, your ignore list get's a "......." as it's looking for the name or somthing..

not sure though...

anyway, say Joey joe joy make's a tank, call's him Sexy Joey tank, and then get's tired and roll's a new char, but changes the name to Joey's Joy...

Then somone else go's to make a tank, and pick's the name, Sexy joey tank.....

Well you can see why losing name's is not a bad thing..

Ascension
21-02-04, 19:39
well if you are implying it should be realsitic, why not takr off the

'dog tag of..' and just put dog tago_O

as for realism.. who could survive the jump from the top of techhaven..

who has brain imps and bone imps the list is endless lol..

it should be fixed or at least put right as to say 'dogtag';)

Q`alooaith
21-02-04, 19:53
Excuse me, I have a bone implant myself...

it's just a rod of I think it was carbon, or something like that, in my leg, it's meshed to the bone so strengthen it, it was put in when I fell while rock climbing, I have a realy nice scar too...

J. Folsom
21-02-04, 22:31
In-game forum posts and clan cash logs relating to deleted characters get removed as well.

Which is part of the reason why you rarely see a name when your clan cash get's completely emptied, second character get's recruited in, then primary character promotes him, second character removes all cash and passes it on to either the primary or a friend, second character get's deleted. Clan Leader (Or even owner of the primary character) posts a complaint saying their clan cash has been hacked.