PDA

View Full Version : Hacking and being shot at

John.nl
21-02-04, 12:54
It's utterly frustrating when you get shot at and there is no warning whilst hacking.

Why aren't there any red flashes anymore in the hackscreen when you get shot at?

Really, this must be sorted.

Ascension
21-02-04, 12:56
Y dont they put the hack screen in a window? just like everything else at least then u can watch your health etc?

extract
21-02-04, 12:58
yea I got shot up at MB today luckily I guess I came out right after the second SH shot cause i had like 30 HP left, stealthed, hid, healed, stealthed, found spy, ganked, hacked his belt, got me a nice stamina booster

Shakey -=Tank=-
21-02-04, 13:01
I think low lvl hacks like WBs and other mobs should give u a warning when getting attacked whilst hacking but belts and ops should stay the same because there needs to be a risk for the high lvl hacks.

Omnituens
21-02-04, 13:09
you must also concider screen resolution

if you are running in a fairly high res, when you open the world map it is in a window. but for some people on a lower res it is fullscreen, blocking everything.

allowing it to be in a window for some and not for others is unfair. i say leave it how it is.

neophotographer
21-02-04, 13:10
there definitly needs to be a warning if you're getting shot. I like the idea though about no wanring if you're hacking a belt or an op. but if I had to go for a warning or no warning I'd say put a warning in there. :)

Stacey

extract
21-02-04, 13:11
Originally posted by Shakey -=Tank=-
I think low lvl hacks like WBs and other mobs should give u a warning when getting attacked whilst hacking but belts and ops should stay the same because there needs to be a risk for the high lvl hacks.

I disagree.....when a hacker IRL is hacking does he have a black garbage bag around his head, head dipped in water, and all feeling removed from his body, basically, blind, deaf, and cant tell when hes missing 90% of his body?????

also hacking needs to be seriously redone, I am so sick and tired of hacking warbots and having to wait the full 30 seconds to finish the damn hack, because my hacking lvl is so damn high that it only gets to click on one line and doesnt get any other slots to put its dots in so I have to sit and wait......

if I can get all the dots checked, and it can only possibly get 2 or 3 why do I even have to wait at all, the hack window should come up and go right back down, as if it saw that it was just totally fucked and dropped its "firewall".........i mean seriously thats so fucking annoying

ezza
21-02-04, 13:13
you in the system think of it as a kinda out a body thing, your not aware of whats happening to you.

if you want to start hacking shit in the wastelands get used to it, i live with the risk on my spy, i mean comeon how often do you people get ganked whilest hacking?

if its lots try hunting else where

viscious666
21-02-04, 13:14
ive had a big problem with this, seems the only way i die when i hack warbots are when others spawn near me in a hack or TT pusses it up a notch by shooting me.... ..|... to you tt, eat it.

ezza
21-02-04, 13:16
Originally posted by viscious666
ive had a big problem with this, seems the only way i die when i hack warbots are when others spawn near me in a hack or TT pusses it up a notch by shooting me.... ..|... to you tt, eat it. lol well you are TG aint ya sooooooooooo... what you expect :p

extract
21-02-04, 13:16
Originally posted by ezza
you in the system think of it as a kinda out a body thing, your not aware of whats happening to you.

if you want to start hacking shit in the wastelands get used to it, i live with the risk on my spy, i mean comeon how often do you people get ganked whilest hacking?

if its lots try hunting else where

well youre right, today was the first time anyone has shot at me while hacking for a LONG time, but its just fucked up......i could care less if dont ever get to see health, or even see anything around us, but ffs give us sound......

SeXy Happy
23-02-04, 02:27
Put in either a blood effect or fuzzy effect, like when droning. Or just put it in a window. I hate hacking and not knowing at all what is going outside of the hacking.

sw1tch
23-02-04, 03:13
just giving sound will be an easy and quick solution that will give you a good idea of when u are being attacked by either player of a mob that spawned behind you.