PDA

View Full Version : This game is unplayable

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 03:38
Seriously ive not gone into NC today without having a bug, synchs, Fre's, Gogo missing and inv missing etc.

I've only just come back to NC hoping it would be better than before, imo its worse.

Took me an hour to get into the damn game cause it would just freeze at the loading content, took me like 15 attempts to get outta synchs, then it was fine. But waves of bugs keep coming at me like rotten tomatoes at a theater..

Ive even had bugs ive not had since early retail like Random items with 8 slots, i mean. "WTF mate"

Shadow Dancer
21-02-04, 03:47
I can understand your frustration. The other day I crashed 4 times in one hour in pepper park. And each time I ended up dead.

2 days ago I synched entering into pp1, and died to a bajillion stacks of devourer. I went back to get my belt, synched again and died again. MY ds popped. I logged off and I haven't logged back on. I think i'm reaching my limit. :(

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 03:50
Its taken me 2 hours to take somthing outta my Gogu, and it was only a plasmawave (cool 1slot (hax))

amfest
21-02-04, 03:56
i haven't had any problems like that since april of last year when I first got into retail. I can't say it doesn't crash .. but it's not that bad as compared to before for me .. I can play for a week or so and not crash . then maybe I'll crash 1 to 2 times in a session . then no crash . . but I play at late nights on uranus with not very many people on .. don't know what to say

Logan Tyrus
21-02-04, 04:16
doesnt happen often but i agree with PsiCorps, i too logged in today for the first time in months to remind myself about NC and play with my bro, i've had to stop playing 4 hrs later because I was seriosuly starting to consider throwing my computer out of the window with all the FREs and bugs. I couldnt get off a train ffs.

Babai
21-02-04, 04:28
It takes me 3-5 tries to just log in my char. Always either freezing or getting synched with 50hp. Not to mention that I lost all my stuff from cabs onse already ;)

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 04:30
lol hanging out in the aggy cellars owns logan :P

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 04:41
I see people crash so often I stop fighting them until they're back as I know that shit happens all too often it's just not fair.

Martin J. Schwiezer
21-02-04, 04:47
Originally posted by amfest
i haven't had any problems like that since april of last year when I first got into retail. I can't say it doesn't crash .. but it's not that bad as compared to before for me .. I can play for a week or so and not crash . then maybe I'll crash 1 to 2 times in a session . then no crash . . but I play at late nights on uranus with not very many people on .. don't know what to say And THAT's the exact problem when it comes to track down the bugs that appear to other players.

On my PC (Dell, P4/2.0 Ghz, Win XP, Nvidia GeForce II), Neocron runs fluent and without any showstoppers. Anyway... that doesn't keep us from working hard to find the issues that keep other players from enjoying NC to full extent.

BombShell
21-02-04, 04:51
other players??

*cough* Bias:angel:

Psychoninja
21-02-04, 04:53
I went to saturn for a bit, and I noticed I crashed on saturn more than I did on pluto...Alot more. I would get stuck in synch, and fre way too often. Playing on pluto seems to be alot more stable for me. I won't say that I don't crash every now and then, but I do, and alot of the time, it's at a really bad time.

extract
21-02-04, 05:30
I never have had any problems on pluto, not one crash, FRE, nothing.....

saturn I get lots of FRE's, lots of peoples gogos, when I zone, half the time I turn into a totally different character with theyre whole inventory, and I can look into F5 and see their setup(which btw wtf do some of you people think of)......

Uranus I get that 50/80 sync almost everytime I log on......and I also get a thing exclusive to uranus server(meaning this has only ever happened to me on uranus, and it happens at least once a day) "join proxy session failed" Ill be playing normally, then it will just go to log in screen, give me that message, and then I cant relog to uranus for like an hour(this is when I usually go play saturn/pluto) what the hell is that error? and why does it only happen to me on uranus???? luckily I havent died cause of it *knocks on wood*

evs
21-02-04, 05:36
the amount of times ive crashed / sync'd going into pp is silly

and no its not my machine, its killer spec and every other game runs 110%

tbh nc is coded by monkeys and runs on toasters

Devils Grace
21-02-04, 06:34
yea i notcie that on pluto u dont crash as much then on saturn

maybe to many ppl ?

if thats so i hope u martin and crew are thinking on that before the servers are full with ppl with BDOY only to make them leave after a week playing

i hope so

MindMaze
21-02-04, 08:08
Hmm... am I just really lucky or do I have a magic system, because I almost never have those problems. I could play for hours without one fre or endless sync. Oh, and I've upgraded my system, too; it still runs just fine.
Old sys:
Athlon xp 1700
512 pc 2100 ram
soltek kt266 chipset mobo
sb audigy gamer
radeon 8500
400 w psu (I think it's generic too o_0)
New sys:
same as old only with athlon xp (barton) 2500+ oced to 3200+ (stock cooling :eek: )
corsair xms pc 3200 ram (1 gig)
and asus nf 2 mobo(keep forgetting the damn model, but it runs in dual channel mode)
Guess I'm just lucky :p
It's the other issues with this game that are getting to me, heh.

TWOK
21-02-04, 09:07
It's an odd one for sure, on my last system neocron was for the most part solid, bar the lag. On my new system it was fine until the latest patch, now I FRE alot and cant use the citycom without crashing.

RayBob
21-02-04, 09:19
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
And THAT's the exact problem when it comes to track down the bugs that appear to other players.

On my PC (Dell, P4/2.0 Ghz, Win XP, Nvidia GeForce II), Neocron runs fluent and without any showstoppers. Anyway... that doesn't keep us from working hard to find the issues that keep other players from enjoying NC to full extent. Man you're lucky. Dell Dimension 8200 P4 2.4 GHz, Win XP Professional, GeForce4 Ti 4600 and I crash constantly. Isn't there some utility you could install with a patch that records the crash info and periodically sends it to KK? I realize you has asked people to manually send you their crash logs but most people don't bother.

Biznatchy
21-02-04, 09:35
There is a button to "Check Files" in the launcher I solved some, not all, of my problems with a corrupted caves file.

Now dont get me wrong NC still crashes 2-3 times and hour but that just seems normal with most people i know.

obt

MJ uses a dell what a loser. Build your own machine like a man. :)

Xylaz
21-02-04, 13:08
Originally posted by MindMaze
Hmm... am I just really lucky or do I have a magic system, because I almost never have those problems. I could play for hours without one fre or endless sync.

Old sys:
Athlon xp 1700
512 pc 2100 ram
soltek kt266 chipset mobo
sb audigy gamer
radeon 8500

Guess I'm just lucky :p

Funny cause my system specs are almost the same (except cpu - celeron 1.8, Asus prb 533 motherboard) and i'm crashing like mad. Usually got 15-20 fps (5-9 in crowded places), 60% chance of FRE each time i zone and steady syncs after each login.

Two days ago i've such a day, for example, been trying to log into the game for an half of hour and finally after 26 tries sync stopped...

Guess I'm just unlucky...

az

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 16:10
Check files doesent accually do anything, i had corrupt files and it wouldent fix them..

also it says there a corrupt file named "cave" somthing and fixes it, it corrupts next time you play :P

Takes hours and doesent do anything

Omnituens
21-02-04, 16:19
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
On my PC (Dell, P4/2.0 Ghz, Win XP, Nvidia GeForce II), Neocron runs fluent and without any showstoppers.
Whatever you are playing, it isnt neocron.

im wondering if the problem might be with the cpu type, you are on a P4 and dont fatal (i think you lie but anyway...), im on AMD and fatal once in 2 hours if not more.

anyone else on a P4 system and would like to comment?

and check your pms PLEASE MJS, ive been waiting for AGES for a reply at least >_<

Mingerroo
21-02-04, 16:25
I don't log on anymore, because in the past two days I get synched out every 15 minutes :rolleyes:

Steve

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 16:31
ya about the syncing out you may be able to fix it

I don't know what your settings are but why it happens to me and some other people is because of dynamic ip with a router.. it seems to reset itself every so often, I especially notice when I go idle and then you sync out for no reason. If you have a static IP and your router doesn't assign a random one then I'm not sure.

Mingerroo
21-02-04, 16:47
I just added a router with dynamic IP settings to link to my cable box.

Maybe that's it :O

Although I had no problems pre-reinstall.

Steve

Quede
21-02-04, 16:53
Last night I was in a team on Uranus
with a tank and I was PPU, there were 81-86 people on
so if the server was struggling with that all I can say is
PULL THE PLUG NOW, in anycase, we were fighting in Gaya,
and the lag was so horrid that he would drop from
aprroximately 100% with full spellup to dead without me even seeing it.

He also would flip character models PA on/off for no apparent
reason.

After a few times of this, it happened to my PPU, also the
mob was shooting me thru the boxes.

I've also encountered and observed people dueling where
one person is shooting air and the other person is long
gone from that spot. I don't have a state of the art system
but it's not a slug either.

AMD XP2200+, 512MB RAM, GeForce4 ti4200 64MB, WinX Pro.
768K SDSL. I get 5-20 FPS at times.

After last nights bulshit I cancelled again, this game is unplayable
back to some Americas Army I guess where I get 50-100FPS.

Furion
21-02-04, 17:05
Originally posted by Omnituens
anyone else on a P4 system and would like to comment?

i got P4 2.4 ghz and a GF 4 ti 4200 card, 512 mb ddr ram. and its very very casual, sometimes i can play for hours, even days without synching or FREs, but then again i have perioids of insane frequency on my FREs, and always at the worst times >_<

and mjs, if u play 5 mins a day then its a given that u wont crash so much ;)

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 17:51
this is just crappified, when i synch i have to relog like 40 times (no joke) before its all fine.. :(

Glok
21-02-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Quede
...in anycase, we were fighting in Gaya,
and the lag was so horrid that he would drop from
aprroximately 100% with full spellup to dead without me even seeing it. Gaya is bugged all to fuck, and has always been like that.

Quede
21-02-04, 18:00
Originally posted by Glok
Gaya is bugged all to fuck, and has always been like that.

This game is bugged all to fuck, and has always been like this.

Some synch errors were resolved in a patch LONG ago, but
so many bugs persist and are ignored its pathetic.

How many years have we had the synch-apartment bug now?

BDoY wont fix that, it will just add more apartments for the bug
to choose from.

Possessed
21-02-04, 18:03
Anyone else remember the huge memory leak in the worm tunnels? :p

The hardest part was trying to kill that hard to see appartion with 0-3 FPS (yes 0 fps), crashing every few min, and with a constant spawn of fen fires and so shooting your ass off, still managed to kill him twice though :)

Good times:angel:

[Edit] IIRC they fixed it... probably like a year ago now so....

Glok
21-02-04, 18:06
This game is bugged all to fuck, and has always been like this.Well, Gaya is the only place I have ever had problems (ain't been to the worm tunnels), I FRE maybe once a week, and sync maybe twice a week, and that is playing for quite a few hours every day.

Babai
21-02-04, 18:35
Another story:
Logged out in F-08 in that small house. Logged in 2 hours later to find myself in F-09 in the middle of warbot spawn with 50/80/0 synch bug :) You guessed what happened next ;)

shizzu
21-02-04, 22:23
I reactivated my account last month and the BIGGEST gripe I have, that i didn't mention in my post yesterday is the sync error bugged inventory bullshit! I have logged in as many as 20+ times in a row to get my shit on my character right, the way its supposed to be. I log in, no money, I log in, no inventory, I log in, myabe 1/2 my inventory is missing, I log in and maybe i have a grenade launcher in my inventory(which i don't even own or use), I log in and my weapon is missing, my armor is missing, my implants are missing. This horseshit just goes on and on and on and on.

When I left neocron I was on a broadband connection and this was rarely an issue. Now I live in BFE Alaska and I am using some worthless ISP(the only ISP here) and I connect around 41Kbps. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem or not.

But I would think that it wouldn't be that hard for KK to put some software in there to check the client to make sure that your runner's contents are correct. Sometimes when I am bugged I can zone, the screen turns a tan/green color syncing, and when it comes back, my shit is all there and right.

I dono, but I doubt I will play much longer. You cannot fight when its like this, thats for damn sure. I was in an opwar the other night and things seemed to be working alright, but I coulnd't right click on a gogu to get more ammo. I relogged 10 times and still couldn't get ammo outta the gogu.

On another note though, i rarely crash while zoning, it has happened a couple times, but its a rarity compared to this bugged inv. shit!

Logan Tyrus
21-02-04, 22:27
i just wonder why simple bugs like the RMB bug which has been around FOR EVER hasnt been fixed yet :( that annoys me loads

Disturbed021
21-02-04, 22:39
I fre maybe once every 2 hours of gameplay and every once and awhile I log into 50/80 synch.

That's not really all that bad imo considering over a year ago when I first started playing I would crash EVERY time I zoned in the wastes. Anyone remember that? Does it still happen to ppl?
Used to take me hours to make it to MB from NC. Now I can run there in like 20 mins and not crash a single time.

phunqe
21-02-04, 23:14
I can't understand why some people get like 20 crashes an hour, and some (like myself) get a few every day only.

I can't understand it... there must be a common denominator somewhere?

shizzu
21-02-04, 23:38
and when i have to relog due to bugged inv. or 50/80 about the third time i relog i get ingame, sync and fre. Its almost like clockwork. I would say it happens more often than not.

Omnituens
21-02-04, 23:47
Originally posted by Possessed
IIRC they fixed it... probably like a year ago now so....
no... there are some serious clipping errors in that cave. trust me.

Possessed
21-02-04, 23:54
Oh... I haven't been there for a good 9-10 months so... meh.

Are you talking about the bug where if you fall into the water it just registers as air not water and you just fall to the bottom...?

Omnituens
21-02-04, 23:57
no, the water is now water.

i think the actually map model is fucked.

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:24
And what do we all do when we get all these bugs?

We shout "Ahhhhh FUCK, not again", reopen our clients and hope to God we didn't die serverside.

We don't report them as bugs. If every one of us reported every bug, stating the situation, our puter specs, what we had for lunch, etc etc etc then KK's inbox would be jammed full of usefull information to help them track down the bugs and squish them.

In theory :D
Blum

Quede
22-02-04, 00:29
Originally posted by blumblumshub
And what do we all do when we get all these bugs?

We shout "Ahhhhh FUCK, not again", reopen our clients and hope to God we didn't die serverside.

We don't report them as bugs. If every one of us reported every bug, stating the situation, our puter specs, what we had for lunch, etc etc etc then KK's inbox would be jammed full of usefull information to help them track down the bugs and squish them.

In theory :D
Blum

That made me laugh so hard I blew beer out of my nose.

Remind me not to drink and read.

Invertigo
22-02-04, 00:30
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I can understand your frustration. The other day I crashed 4 times in one hour in pepper park. And each time I ended up dead.

2 days ago I synched entering into pp1, and died to a bajillion stacks of devourer. I went back to get my belt, synched again and died again. MY ds popped. I logged off and I haven't logged back on. I think i'm reaching my limit. :(

last time that happend to me i went nuts and spammed trade, logged off...and played counter-strike...:D

edit @ blum

i think most of us (atleast me) sent in a bug report every time, atleast most of the time...and it never did get fixed...so whats the point in spending 5 mins everytime you crash, which is every 10 mins, to send a report that isnt going to help.

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:32

I'm glad you picked up on it. I thought I might be being a little TOO subtle ;)
Blum

Marx
22-02-04, 00:33

It's funny because it's true.

:mad:

2ply
22-02-04, 00:46
What fun. I can barely even get into NC. About 9 out of 10 times I freeze at the loading content part.

I'm thinking of saying fuck this and just quitting. It's gone on long enough, and nothing is being done.

Might as well go and play SWG. Might be stupid, but hey, atleast I can actually play that game.

Glok
22-02-04, 00:51
Here I am saying I hardly ever crash blah blah, no problems, blah... and I didn't even realize. Some of you guys have the patience of saints. If I crashed/fataled/synced as much as some of you, I wouldn't be here.

Quede
22-02-04, 02:02
Here I am saying I hardly ever crash blah blah, no problems, blah... and I didn't even realize. Some of you guys have the patience of saints. If I crashed/fataled/synced as much as some of you, I wouldn't be here.

Patience of a fool, which is probably close to that of a saint.

The problem is when the game is working its quite fun,
and I enjoy the times I have with fun teams etc.

I just crashed 3x more in the past 15 minutes,
"Request for new world failed." seems to happen frequently
of late.

Samhain
22-02-04, 02:10
Yup. I FRE when I use my hacktool on anything to hack about 30% of the time. I FRE standing in my apartment doing nothing, just making coffee. I FRE walking around in my apartment. I FRE leaving my apartment. I FRE walking around the canyon. I FRE standing at Yagers. I FRE when I target at someone. There isn't a single thing in Neocron that you can 'do', that I haven't crashed while doing it.

I've contacted helpdesk. They say update my drivers. So I did. Had even more crashes now.

So now what? Another big problem is that the FREs tend to happen at the worst times (ie you have to get back in the game to make sure you didn't sync in to some mobs, or to escape being killed) so you can't just stop and write an e-mail to helpdesk.

Maarten
22-02-04, 02:48
I fatal once a week at max. And if I fatal, most of the time it's when I log out. I never have a "fucked inventory" bug. The only bug that seems to happen more then once a week is the right-click bug.

My system specs:
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
Intel P4 2.4C
Corsair 1024mb PC3200 Twinx
ASUS v9950 128mb
Windows XP Pro SP1

But I doubt it's the hardware that decides whether Neocron will run stable or not. Bram (my brother) is a perfect example. He has same motherboard as me, a faster processor but an ASUS Ati graphics card. He used to run Neocron very stable like me. But then he decided to reinstall Windows XP. He screwed something up during reinstall and now his Windows runs kinda gibberish. His Neocron also fatals a LOT more often then it used to. This clearly shows that hardware alone isn't the (only) problem.

Doesn't Neocron create errorx.log files when it crashes? Shouldn't the devs be able to look at them and see what caused the problem? If not, what is the point of those logs?

So people who have a lot of problems running Neocron, I suggest formatting the system partition (C:) and install a clean install of Windows XP. Install SP1, all critical updates, install latest drivers (Microsoft certified drivers if possible) and no other programs. Then a clean install of Neocron, patch it and see what happens. If it still crashes, check the error logs and send them to helpdesk@neocron.com and tell them you have done everything you could to get it working, because you really did.

Smacktard
22-02-04, 06:05
I have the same problems I had a year ago when I played this game: I quit and then came back recently.

synch and then crash to desktop and only that problem.

Never had anything come up missing or items that just simply vanish.

Just synchronization and then crash to desktop.

I can put up with this, because this is the best massive online game ever invented, bar none.

2ply
22-02-04, 06:41
Originally posted by Smacktard
I can put up with this, because this is the best massive online game ever invented, bar none.

I agree with that. If you can get past the bugs, it's a damn good game.

But the bugs seriously fuck this shit up.

PsiCorps
22-02-04, 18:33
It takes me like an hour of logging in and logging out just to go one zone :'(

g0rt
23-02-04, 02:36
i know what you mean psicorps, for most people it is and thats probably why the populations never increase...its just the same people playing, some quit, some come back, its just one big circle and only very FEW people quit for good, and very FEW new people join.

stuff needs to be fixed, but as long as 3 or 4 people on here who don't crash/sync/encounted other bugs keep saying the games fine, its not gonna happen and the game will never be where it SHOULD be....#1 seller.

Glok
23-02-04, 02:42
I'm not saying the game is fine... I'm saying you can fix it.

g0rt
23-02-04, 02:48

Nah, not gonna spend 6 hours tweaking my computer out for ONE game when every other game i play runs flawlessly, ESPECIALLY not when im PAYING for the game...

I also think alot of problems come from latancy issues, on good days with no lag i hardly EVER fatal or sync out of the game. But on laggy days or in big op fights, im crashing and syncing like a madman.

So whats the neocron.jafc.de forum users fix for that one, move to germany if i wanna play neocron? :rolleyes: Give it up..

Sefran
23-02-04, 02:50
And where/how can u fix ur comp to play NC better even? o_O
If it can be done why doenst KK make a thread about it then.

Glok
23-02-04, 02:51
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91778

Quede
23-02-04, 03:24

Really? I can fix warping into peoples apartments or vice versa?

I can fix my construction tool disappearing and requiring a relog?

I can stop the FRE's even though my system is as good as it gets?

No, I can't fix this game....KK can't fix this game and they have the source.

I don't want to fix this game anymore, I grow tired of the same
shit.

g0rt
23-02-04, 04:20
Really? I can fix warping into peoples apartments or vice versa?

I can fix my construction tool disappearing and requiring a relog?

I can stop the FRE's even though my system is as good as it gets?

No, I can't fix this game....KK can't fix this game and they have the source.

I don't want to fix this game anymore, I grow tired of the same
shit.

And let me guess....warcraft 3, ultima online, daoc, etc etc or whatever other games you play run perfectly on your computer, right?

Even if you COULD fix the problems yourself (which you couldn't), you payed for a product that works, i don't see how trying to fix a product you PAYED for is acceptable? If you went to a store, purchased an item, and it was broken out of hte box, would you deal with it and try to fix it? No...you would take it back.

Don't see why a game should be any different.

Quede
23-02-04, 04:28
Originally posted by g0rt
And let me guess....warcraft 3, ultima online, daoc, etc etc or whatever other games you play run perfectly on your computer, right?

Even if you COULD fix the problems yourself (which you couldn't), you payed for a product that works, i don't see how trying to fix a product you PAYED for is acceptable? If you went to a store, purchased an item, and it was broken out of hte box, would you deal with it and try to fix it? No...you would take it back.

But software is a product that is unique, it has no warranty or
acceptable level of use defined by law.

It really is amazing the bullshit software gets away with.

If it works GREAT, if it doesn't....FUCK OFF.

This holds true for companies from KK to Microsoft to AutoDesk.

ZoneVortex
23-02-04, 04:31

hell yeah

agreed

It really is amazing the bullshit software gets away with.

If it works GREAT, if it doesn't....FUCK OFF.

This holds true for companies from KK to Microsoft to AutoDesk.

exactly...

no one wants to pay for a fucked up piece of software, what a waste of money

Quede
23-02-04, 04:38
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
no one wants to pay for a fucked up piece of software, what a waste of money

BUT you and many others continue to do so.

And I am unhappy that I must stop playing, but it has to end,
paying for this faulty product is insane.

The madness must end, and it will.

Babai
23-02-04, 05:15
And they dont even recognize that there are some bugs, like when my cabinets reset and everything that was there got wiped all I got were emails from help desk trying to tell me that it cant happen thus insinuating I probably had made it up all by myself to gain some stuff from them. LOL. I am still playing because I like the consept of this game and no other game offers anything like this. And I think that most problems are from poor netcode. I am not in the US and I get roughly the same ping to US servers and to EU servers, but the other US game that I play runs smooth and without any FREs and missing stuff. Therefore move to Germany to play NC argument doesnt fly here ;)

g0rt
23-02-04, 09:27
Originally posted by Babai
And they dont even recognize that there are some bugs, like when my cabinets reset and everything that was there got wiped all I got were emails from help desk trying to tell me that it cant happen thus insinuating I probably had made it up all by myself to gain some stuff from them. LOL. I am still playing because I like the consept of this game and no other game offers anything like this. And I think that most problems are from poor netcode. I am not in the US and I get roughly the same ping to US servers and to EU servers, but the other US game that I play runs smooth and without any FREs and missing stuff. Therefore move to Germany to play NC argument doesnt fly here ;)

My noobie friend got sync bugged from plaza1 to a TG apartment, and had his faction (biotech) changed to TG somehow in the sync bug. And best of all, he was 2 missions into his epic.

This has happened before to me, and i can handle it...i fork out the 300k for the faction change and shake it off because i know neocron and its many bugs. But noobs aren't that easy to please. Needless to say, he left the game after trying it for two months. He is considering coming back to check it out at DoY since alot of his RL friends play it (me, pwnage, kimmyg, harry., etc) but if teh bugs aren't fixed....its a customer that KK will *not* get.

This is also a great example of the HOLE in the whole " its not KK's software, its your screwed up computer! " argument. He couldn't care LESS about his computer or how its setup, he doesn't work in computers, he doesn't care...he uses them to play some games and thats it. Hes not gonna listen to all this BS about updating this and making sure that isn't running in the background. Hes just gonna say hey...UO runs perfect on my computer, Neocron doesn't...ill play UO!

Sorry but it juts doesn't cut for people who have experianced WAY MORE bug free mmorpgs like uo (now, not before :p), daoc, eq, etc....they will go back to the game that works better.

Rai Wong
23-02-04, 09:57
it sounds like the majority of us with alot of problems are the AMD users??! perhaps Neocron just works for pentium better.

Rai Wong
23-02-04, 09:59
Neocron is the most unstable MMORPG I've ever played. I have played EQ, DaoC, AO and UO, AO had bugs too but they were not fatal ones and the ingame support is 24/7.

g0rt
23-02-04, 10:04
Originally posted by Rai Wong
Neocron is the most unstable MMORPG I've ever played. I have played EQ, DaoC, AO and UO, AO had bugs too but they were not fatal ones and the ingame support is 24/7.

Same here and i really want it to be the most STABLE one i ever played, so even if i sound like a bitch, im just trying to get things changed.

DaoC is an unbalievably well coded game. It truely is. I know a TON of people that play that game, and no one has a single problem with it. I took a small break from neocron for about a month awhile ago, and played daoc for a month. Oh man....I didn't crash ONCE in a month, and I play *ALOT*....

Also I had a 40 ping instead of Neocron's usual 130 ping for me, and I never had a sync problem, a lag problem or any other sort of bug like missing items.

It was so refreshing to play such a WELL coded game. Unfortunately the game is boring as shit imo so im back here, but if Neocron could be THAT stable and well made, and be as fun as it is now gameplay wise, this game would be #1 forget 1500 people playing during prime time across 5 servers, there would be 15000 people playing prime time across 15 servers.

And get some RP-only and PVP-only servers in there too.

omg the possibilities.

Neocrons_coward
23-02-04, 14:03
Originally posted by PsiCorps
Seriously ive not gone into NC today without having a bug, synchs, Fre's, Gogo missing and inv missing etc.

I've only just come back to NC hoping it would be better than before, imo its worse.

Took me an hour to get into the damn game cause it would just freeze at the loading content, took me like 15 attempts to get outta synchs, then it was fine. But waves of bugs keep coming at me like rotten tomatoes at a theater..

Ive even had bugs ive not had since early retail like Random items with 8 slots, i mean. "WTF mate"

When this happens why dont u reboot the pc, turn off your firewalls, anti viruses, protection and then do a scan disk getting rid of all unwanted crap freeing more memory for your pc to only burn up.. I noticed that late at night everyone jumps on the band wagon making it think Oh christ and then tumble a lil.. It reminds me of AOL aq little because that did it at night as well (but that was because the americans would log on... were talking aol 4.0)

Nasher
23-02-04, 14:04
Someone a while ago said they think its the particle effects on PSI etc that causes some of the crashes, but I dont think anyone has prooved it yet :/

numb
23-02-04, 15:22
DaoC is an unbalievably well coded game. It truely is. I know a TON of people that play that game, and no one has a single problem with it. I took a small break from neocron for about a month awhile ago, and played daoc for a month. Oh man....I didn't crash ONCE in a month, and I play *ALOT*....

Also I had a 40 ping instead of Neocron's usual 130 ping for me, and I never had a sync problem, a lag problem or any other sort of bug like missing items.

The ping time is only related to your location compared to the location of the servers and not really anything to do with the code in the game.

I actually tried daoc quite recently, and I noticed after prolonged (5hours+) periods of play the frame rate would drop loads. Indicating there is some memory hole in the program and forcing me to restart it. Besides that, no major bugs, but it is frustrating having to close something down and reboot every few hours - especially on a mmorpg. (this was on the older version without expansion)

I do generally agree that the game is too unstable though. Definately worse than any other mmorpg I've tried. If it regularly crashes on 1 in 5 PCs, its enough to give the game a really bad name.

I fixed my crashing problems (on a stable system, with well known components) but the first 4 or 5 months of play were so frustrating for me, the only reason I stuck around is because I had moved to neocron from anarchy online and a few of my friends from there were playing. The problem for me was down to network configuration (one I had been using for years with great success in _all_ online games I tried - including directplay ones) - which suggests there are problems in network code (which may be why there are more fatals on saturn), which I hope are going to be addressed in time for B:DoY - hopefully it is not going to just be a client update.

Smacktard
23-02-04, 16:37
I think I can sum it all up for everyone:

Neocron is not boring, there is alot of stuff to see and do. As a result, lag and other stability issues arise from all the content.

Other massive online games do not have synch, and lag issues as much or as some say, no lag at all for them. BUT, the game sucks now doesn't it?

So, you end up trickling back to Neocron with all the unstability because THERE IS SO MUCH IN THE GAME!!!

Let's face it, Reakktor is putting out more bang for the buck than anyone else out there right now.

I'll pay for that, you betcha!

wolfwood
23-02-04, 16:40
is it just me or is it every time that they patch more and more bugs seem to pop up.

deac
23-02-04, 16:45
Originally posted by wolfwood
is it just me or is it every time that they patch more and more bugs seem to pop up.

its just you... i crash about the same amount as in beta4 :\

i can live with it, fun game, shitty code... its my choice to play it

Quede
23-02-04, 17:56
Originally posted by Rai Wong
it sounds like the majority of us with alot of problems are the AMD users??! perhaps Neocron just works for pentium better.

But I have AMD and Pentium systems and had the same problems.

No, it is not the processor, it is the code. Plain and simple.

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 18:07
Endless Ages was made by two people in their garage, and its as smooth as my behind. Ive not had one crash or bug tbh

Sefran
23-02-04, 18:09
It is the code yeah maybe with a specefic computer setup nc might run smooth, but a game should run good on any decent pc and not a fucking uber tweaked pc for just 1 silly game....

I played buggy games but NC beats all on the market i believe, we can just hope they fucking fix it then NC would be fucking great.

And promoting DoY nothing even worth the efford if they are not planning to remove all those bugs and at least fix them (fixes are damn slow like para took like ficking ages)...

Strych9
23-02-04, 18:11
This all begs the question- to what point is KK responsible for getting Neocron to run PERFECTLY on EVERY system out there?

It runs fine on my system. I have been driven across countless sectors in vehicles without any sort of a crash. I have the occasional FRE, but the enjoyment from the game outweighs what little annoyance I get from crashes.

So is KK obligated to make it run perfect on my machine? Or if I am happy, and someone else has more problems, to what extent is KK obligated to troubleshoot and fix the problems that dont happen on every system?

Me, as soon as the fun is outweighed by the hassle, I simply stop playing a game.

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 18:13
Originally posted by Strych9
This all begs the question- to what point is KK responsible for getting Neocron to run PERFECTLY on EVERY system out there?

It runs fine on my system. I have been driven across countless sectors in vehicles without any sort of a crash. I have the occasional FRE, but the enjoyment from the game outweighs what little annoyance I get from crashes.

So is KK obligated to make it run perfect on my machine? Or if I am happy, and someone else has more problems, to what extent is KK obligated to troubleshoot and fix the problems that dont happen on every system?

Me, as soon as the fun is outweighed by the hassle, I simply stop playing a game.

They make a product for everyone and anyone, they cant really discriminate against people who have far inferior computers, it doesent need very good specs and shouldent. The people with "uber" computers dont pay anymore than nibs like me. SO they need to fix it or they loose out tbh.

Sefran
23-02-04, 18:14
All the Fre's, sync and duno what bugs will destroy this game if it keeps going like this. Its really patehic....and wiht all the content of the world that wont even make a game good no mather how good doy might be.

When will they fucking listen FIX BUGS FIRST BEFORE CONTENT.

Tbh i dont know how they are gonne manage DoY if they cant manage to make a stable game now....

Strych9
23-02-04, 18:19
They make a product for everyone and anyone, they cant really discriminate against people who have far inferior computers, it doesent need very good specs and shouldent. The people with "uber" computers dont pay anymore than nibs like me. SO they need to fix it or they loose out tbh. First, if they cant discriminate... then that applies both ways. If your inferior machine wont run it, but my normal machine will, why should they spend effort just for you to solve it? See what I mean?

So they spend several man hours and they get it working for you, but then it still isnt right for someone else... at what point do they stop working on the individual setup issues?

Second, when will they lose out? They will only lose out if people stop paying money. A year ago I became bored with Neocron and decided to stop giving them money. I didnt sit in the forums and lecture them or threaten them... I no longer had fun so I left. Now I am back and having fun again.

They will only lose out if people stand behind their threats. The whole "make it stop crashing or I am gonna stop paying 10 bucks a month" thing likely doesnt scare them too much.

Third, there is no reason to think they are NOT trying to fix the problems. Almost every patch has a line about stability/crash fixes.

YOU are the consumer, and you decide where your money is spent.

Babai
23-02-04, 18:41
Well, the stability problems have been in this game from the release. So dont make it so that Stych 9 vs every1, as its very clear that there are much fewer ppl who play w/o any problems than those who still play because the fun still overweights the bugs. And I seldom crash, but the login with 50/80 bug and screwd up inventory is what bugs me. Also support is not much helpful and tend to recognise only those bugs that they deem convenient to do so. Something in the line: unless the programmer confirms that that is really a bug we think you made it all by urself ;)

P.S. And my computer is pretty much decked out.

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 18:44
One i havent threatened and the idea of troubleshooting and support staff is to get the goddamn game working for everyone, they cant just sit around doing nothing all day

Zaq
23-02-04, 18:54

So they spend several man hours and they get it working for you, but then it still isnt right for someone else... at what point do they stop working on the individual setup issues?

well judging from this thread and the amount of times myself and the rest in my clan have to type "crashed im back" into clan chat on a daily basis, its not a individual setup issue :rolleyes:

Strych9
23-02-04, 18:58
One i havent threatened and the idea of troubleshooting and support staff is to get the goddamn game working for everyone, they cant just sit around doing nothing all day Its hard to take you seriously when you suggest that the support staff is sitting around doing nothing all day. :rolleyes:

And regarding inventory problems, you must understand that KK has received a wave of complaints from players that they logged in and lost inventory- and KK got burned by everyone that was lying and just trying to dupe their own equipment. So blame your fellow players for KKs hesitance on this matter, not KK. Maybe if/when they create an inventory tracking system they can see that item X is simply no longer in the game, and they can replace it. But until then...

I know people have problems. And the patches that have come out have at least claimed to have fixes that attempt to solve the stability issues.

You just cannot expect this to make its way down to the micro level, where they diagnose things one system at a time.

Its CLEAR that KK knows that there are stability issues (otherwise the patches wouldnt be addressing them). I am not sure what else you reasonably expect to be done.

:confused:

Babai
23-02-04, 19:07
Frankly, in my example no one even demanded anything replaced, I was trying to tell them that there was something wrong and got a reply basically saying that there was no chance such a problem could have occured in this game ("because the coder said so..., go figure). I would have understood a reply saying that they had no means to distinguish a bug from a lie.

zii
23-02-04, 19:20
Only probs I've really had is that my wireless connection periodically resets itself causing the client to hang and then crash.

Sometimes the client just drops out, as if it was neever there. Now thats really odd. Since its happened on two different spec'ed laptops and one desktop, the desktop = fixed CatV whilst the laptops are in wireless/g, I know its not the wifi resetting.

Additioallly I was logged in with my two laptops trying my new wireless hub. Seems that I can login to different servers concurrently, but am unable to log into the same server on two different account concurrently. Odd, further port investiigation needed there. Anyone experienced wifi connections behind Linksys PAT routers? (<rant>That would be NAT to the marketing people, who seem unable to distinguish the bloody difference.Grr</rant>)

zii
23-02-04, 19:54
Anyone know what this is?

Client hubbeltubbelwubbel 62.140.29.54:7000

Hmm.

PsiCorps
23-02-04, 19:56
Its hard to take you seriously when you suggest that the support staff is sitting around doing nothing all day. :rolleyes:

And regarding inventory problems, you must understand that KK has received a wave of complaints from players that they logged in and lost inventory- and KK got burned by everyone that was lying and just trying to dupe their own equipment. So blame your fellow players for KKs hesitance on this matter, not KK. Maybe if/when they create an inventory tracking system they can see that item X is simply no longer in the game, and they can replace it. But until then...

I know people have problems. And the patches that have come out have at least claimed to have fixes that attempt to solve the stability issues.

You just cannot expect this to make its way down to the micro level, where they diagnose things one system at a time.

Its CLEAR that KK knows that there are stability issues (otherwise the patches wouldnt be addressing them). I am not sure what else you reasonably expect to be done.

:confused:

Its the fact that its gotten worse in the past 5 months, and for many early retail players, before i took a break i would crash like once a week and hardly ever synch, this is surely their fault not ours.

Marx
23-02-04, 19:59
Its the fact that its gotten worse in the past 5 months, and for many early retail players, before i took a break i would crash like once a week and hardly ever synch, this is surely their fault not ours.

Oddly enough, it's only gotten better for me. Used to crash like a junkie, now I don't.

Elric
23-02-04, 20:08
Originally posted by Elric
Anyone else tried this yet?

Input is appreciated :D

Stability thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91752)

give that a try.

zii
23-02-04, 20:30
Honestly, the game stability has improved from my point of view.

I have less crashes, and less Runtime fatel errors. Just my current, perhaps wireless related, problem.

My most frequent crashes are:

* Forgetting to plug the laptop battery in and it powering down midgame.

* A crapulator programme kicking in and displaying a windows reminding me to check for me updates or register a product I didn't want in the first place.

* Wifi resetting.

* Client drops out for no reason. Not even a crash.

They'll be fixed some day... But first lets ban the crapulator makers.