PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Jumps!

metalangel
21-02-04, 01:12
As in - THEY DON'T WORK.

I've scoured the gameworld looking for the highest places to hurl myself off of (Crest Tower was the winner until the TH1 gravshafts broke and you have no choice to get in otherwise).

Now, I've seen those WTC suicide videos, and I fall for almost that long... but I don't die.

My health drops to almost nothing, and then... the bouncy bug comes in to restore it to full.

I suppose I shouldn't complain, it could be BF1942 where jumping off a low bridge into a river results in death, as does stumbling down a slight incline o_O

Necrosadistic
21-02-04, 01:13
Its not a bug, it's a feature :lol:

Falling damage has been removed some patches ago....

ZoneVortex
21-02-04, 01:14
uhhh

yeah it'd be real cool to kill yourself like the people who did it in the world trade center...that's for sure :(

yeah i'd have agreed comedically if you hadn't reffered it to something as fucking straight up fucked up as that

L0KI
21-02-04, 01:27
Venture around those small corridors inside tech haven near the appartments.

Its fairly hidden and takes some finding, but its by FAR the highest drop - takes up to 8 seconds to land - still no death :(

u can suicide jump tho - but u have to hit something 1/2 way down, and then jump the rest of the way :D

Leebzie
21-02-04, 01:47
I prefer it ... its just a pain in the ass, to die because you fall a long distance. Not quite so realistic to survive it but at the end of the day its more fun.

(I cant help it... I know what your saying but the reference to the WTC isnt quite in the same calibre as a game physics issue)

Marx
21-02-04, 02:02
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
yeah it'd be real cool to kill yourself like the people who did it in the world trade center...that's for sure :(

Yeah, because jumping from something really high just to die is something unique and only associated with that particular action...

:rolleyes:

http://dirtynuke.net/2262jumper.jpg

COPYCAT!

DestructionUK
21-02-04, 02:09
urg... this thread has been soured...

amfest
21-02-04, 02:14
yeah well death by falling was taking out cause there were issues with people GR'in to someplace and spawning a few miles above the zone and falling to their deaths :D or they would crash somewhere int eh zone or in a vehicle and spawn in the air. I think the coolest one I heard about that is someone falling towards a bunch of warbot titans and before they hit the ground the warbot titans all shot at the same time killing them before they hit rockbottom. But I dont' hear about that happening as much so a lil fall dmg wouldn't hurt to be put back in would it? . .i mean it would stop people from just jumping down hills to get away from people trying to PK them or stop people from rushing down a high hill to pk someone.

Mattimeo
21-02-04, 02:18
I always thought it was removed because people would spend hours jumping off of buildings to level CON...

40$Poser
21-02-04, 02:22
Originally posted by DestructionUK
urg... this thread has been soured...

by the person who started the topic using 9/11 as an example.

DestructionUK
21-02-04, 02:27
indeed i would have thought an unwise example to use? im not touchy on the subject personally but ofcourse many are. i would indeed like to jump from the top of plaza one to the bottom of medicare to meet my doom, would be rather funny.

sw1tch
21-02-04, 02:31
I miss the days of seeing a pile of backpacks at the bottom of big drops,

as i have said in another thread, me and a mate shit ourselves on teamspeak after falling off down a gap from the top of the lifts in techhaven after comming back to neocron, thinking you still took damage and it didnt just bounce up.

Lifewaster
21-02-04, 02:33
If you really must do it, just use kill_self as u are landing.

ZoneVortex
21-02-04, 02:34
Originally posted by Marx
Yeah, because jumping from something really high just to die is something unique and only associated with that particular action...

:rolleyes:

http://dirtynuke.net/2262jumper.jpg

COPYCAT!
well she mentioned it...so yeah apparently it does

PsiCorps
21-02-04, 02:41
oh how i remember the good old days of organised ganking, chasing some TT around TH.. getting them low and them falling off a cliff

CLASSIC!

Marx
21-02-04, 03:02
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
well she mentioned it...so yeah apparently it does

http://dirtynuke.net/79279304iIfRWH_ph.jpg

11/98

never forget.

:(

only info that came with the picture was it happened in november of 98 =P

MindMaze
21-02-04, 03:15
^^ DAMN! That must have hurt... fucking ouch!

Duder
21-02-04, 03:18
its NEVAR 4GET.

der Ed
21-02-04, 03:46
I hate those cheaters :P

http://www.travelspots.com/images/bungee.gif

MindMaze
21-02-04, 04:22
Originally posted by der Ed
I hate those cheaters :P

http://www.travelspots.com/images/bungee.gif

O_O wow...8|

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 04:39
The TH1 Grav lift has a little hole on each side you can jump into and fall down. I swear I fell to my death with it after yoyo health was fixed.. was confident I woudln't die and just started laughing when I did :)

evs
21-02-04, 05:06
suppose I shouldn't complain

No you shouldnt.

extract
21-02-04, 05:24
I take dmg when I fall but then I get it right back, not sure if it does actually kill you if it hits 0, but I know if it does that would be fucked up as half the time I zone out of TH sect 3 it puts me on some hill and some stupid bat pushes me down a long ass fall, if I was a noob, and had 100 or less HP, i would die if you could actually die from that......and this TH sect zone thing isnt just a random bug, it happens 8 out of 10 times I zone out of there......

OTIS
21-02-04, 09:05
I suppose I shouldn't complain, it could be BF1942 where jumping off a low bridge into a river results in death, as does stumbling down a slight incline

sad...but true:(

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 09:24
If you go prone down an incline you won't die and you'll slide really fast. Any distance you can die from falling you can use a parachute too.

Ran
21-02-04, 10:05
Locked. I think it's a pretty clear call here that sooner or later it's going to get off track when someone sees the first post. Feel free to repost the thread without the references.