PDA

View Full Version : Good Droner idea.

Shujin
20-02-04, 22:30
A bunch of people lately have been expressing their concerns with the strength of the new drones and how hard it is to find the droners actual body.

I have a solution for this.
Implement a new tool that uses the existing abilities.
In my personal opinion it should be Hacking.

Call it the Drone Active Sensor. (DAS)
What will it do?

Well this is what I think it should do:

Someone with *whatever skill it requires* activates TL 80 Drone Active Sensor, when they do this an alert comes up in the Droner's screen stating that someone is locking on to their bodies position.

It should take moderatly hard to lock onto a droners position. If there are multiple droners in the zone then it will lock onto the user of the highest TL drone in the zone.

There should be multiple TL's of Drone Active Sensors and they should be VERY costly.

The Higher TL of the Drone Active Sensor you use the harder it is to lock onto a droner but you must get the higher TL's of it in order to sense the pressence of higher TL drone users.

Example:
There is a OP war and they see a PB-20 drone flying above and laying the smack down on some noobs in the defending clan.
A non tech pistol using PE runs from underground with his TL 120 Advanced D.A.S Unit.
When activated it takes him to a screen similar to the hacking screen but in a shade of red instead of green.
when he successfully gets through the defenses of the drone the droner recieves a message "WARNING: YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED" the droner can then continue to drone knowing it will take them a while to get to him, or he can drop the drone immidiatly and run for his life. At the same time it warns the droner of the trace the PE recieves a Navray like arrow pointing in the direction of the droner.
The PE tells his fellow clanmates he has locked onto the droner. The PE jumps into a 4x4, tells a tank to arm the gun and a apu to come just incase. They drive off into the direction of the droner.
[()]Ending A: However, the droner zones and they lose the trace on him.
[()]Ending B: The PE finds the location of the droner and he starts to run and stealths immediatly. The D.A.S is still able to track him while stealthed so it is pointless unless he gets to a zoneline while stealthed. His stealth runs out just before the zoneline and he is shot by the Tank with the 4x4's gatling turret.

Please rate the thread to your opinion.

amfest
20-02-04, 22:56
say what? so no matter where a droner would hide it doesn't matter . . . pfft especially in an Op war situation. That's pretty lame. I dont' agree at all with a change like this .. but if it happened I suggest 120 TC use and a high Willpower usages so anyone who uses it is effectively gimped some for combat :D

Shujin
20-02-04, 22:57
Originally posted by amfest
say what? so no matter where a droner would hide it doesn't matter . . . pfft especially in an Op war situation. That's pretty lame. I dont' agree at all with a change like this .. but if it happened I suggest 120 TC use and a high Willpower usages so anyone who uses it is effectively gimped some for combat :D dont really get it do ya...

it just gives the person with the device a arrow to where u are. and they have to have a good amount of hacking to do it so it would most likely be another spy. and you would get a warning that you are traced so i dont see the problem, im a droner and i like the idea.

cRazy2003
20-02-04, 23:11
yea i think its a pritty good idea, or if it makes finding drones to easy by an arrow try a highlighted square or circle around it so its easier to spot, ecspecially at night

shodanjr_gr
20-02-04, 23:15
I believe the usage of the suit should give SI, so that the droner cant be repeatidly traced by the user. Once or twice, the user is at 40-50% SI and cant use the suit anymore.

Mighty Max
20-02-04, 23:18
I think that will only lead to Mules with that skill. Once located the Droner-Hunter wouldnt require any other skills and the Droner is dead. Hunted by the mates.

Put a mule in the OPs underground and you'll have never again to deal with Droners.

JiNxY
20-02-04, 23:30
make it even easier to find droners than it already is? have an arrow pointing at them till they zone? do you seriously want to remove all droners from this game?

there is limited hiding places in most zones, and by using local list people find droners easy enough anyway, this device would make ALL droners drone from the edge of a sector, how boring is that? that means if you have a device or not all you need to do is run round the edge of each zone to find the droners.

don't like it one bit really, and i dont think droners need any kind of nerf either...

amfest
20-02-04, 23:46
No i understand it perfectly . . . a droner isn't a PPU who can stand in 1on1. Their ability to hide is what keeps them alive. But as JiNxY has said there are only so many places and the way run speed works and the local list it isn't that hard to run to all the KNOWN spots to see a name pop up on the local list. All this does is make it easy for lazy people who don't want to run through the zone to find someone who has no chance of winning in a 1on1 fight.

Ivory
21-02-04, 02:50
read me sig ppl, nothing to do with shujins idea but the topic was brought up :angel:

Zith Caldir
21-02-04, 03:03
a non-tech pistol pe using a device like that?

something about this just seems off to me....