PDA

View Full Version : Nerf spiderbots.

Marx
20-02-04, 21:54
Ok, this is ridiculous...

1.) Can shoot beyond clipping range

I attack a spiderbot, it moves out beyond the fog, I don't think it's a threat anymore, and bam... I'm getting hit by it.

2.) Move from side to side so shooting them at a distance is a pain in the ass

As a newb rifleman, range is my friend. Not only is range not working, but I can't target the spiderbot at range because it moves and resets my reticle.

3.) Shoot faster and seem to hurt more.

Before they were changed, I never died from '9' hits from a spidebot (with 75 force resist and battle 1 armor)

4.) Have a larger aggro range.

A spiderbot and a warbot are sitting next to eachother... I keep well out of range of the warbot, but some how the spiderbot always sees me, and I can't attack back without getting the warbot aggro, which would kill me... faster. Either way I die, so *shrug*

Anyone else think this is retarded?

Strych9
20-02-04, 21:58
I agree.

And the speed at which the move is extra annoying when you are melee and the spiderbot uses the melee damage exploit. :)

SorkZmok
20-02-04, 22:00
They are the most annoying thing there is atm. They even beat all those asshole tanks with devs. ;)

I hate it when i see a warbot all alone, take him down and suddenly about 5 spiderbots come running from the other end of the map at an unbelievable speed, shooting me all the time.

Damn i hate those things.

Glok
20-02-04, 22:01
I'm not having any problems with them, and that is with exp psi controllers 2+3 and 50 in force resist and monk armor... and healing with medkits... and... they die in about 5 seconds... :o

AND. They sometimes drop C10s and don't have to be hacked (which admittedly was always the case...)

AND. They do make me jump when I have no idea they are there... :eek:

Dribble Joy
20-02-04, 22:03
Dmg and speed they are fine, before two patches ago the dmg they did was simply not high enough for lv 45/50 mobs (same as a launcher).
However, the range is indeed fucked.

blumblumshub
20-02-04, 22:07
Christ, why don't they just nerf everything?
Blum

Glok
20-02-04, 22:08
Originally posted by blumblumshub
Blum NERF BLUM!! 8|

Strych9
20-02-04, 22:14
Blum I know its real tough to look for the word 'nerf' in a post and then make that response, but do you honestly think it makes sense for ANY mob to be able to attack you from beyond the clipping plane?

Glok
20-02-04, 22:16
Their range is just sick, and no it makes no sense for them to be able to do that. But I get a sick pleasure from hunting the fuckers down and killing them all. Usually when I first start a warbot hunt, I will go and pick off all the spiderbots first. :p

Nash_Brigham
20-02-04, 22:20
I can seee a spiderbot jsut fine. I turned off force blend distancing, and force fog distancing, that way, I alway see the critters at the far end of the range. It usually takes me only a few secodns to hunt down a spiderbot, and even then, they don't do an extraordinary ammount of damage, even with the range they can shoot at. However, on that note, the only thing that annoys me, is when I put one down, it seems another one spawned right ontop of me after that :wtf:

IceStorm
20-02-04, 22:23
1.) Can shoot beyond clipping range
Max out the viewing distance on the client. I have never been shot by an improved Spiderbot that was outside my Tangent Epic or Healing Light's range (~800 to 1000m ), and I spend 40 to 50% of my time hunting Warbots at Northstar/Gabanium/I_10.

2.) Move from side to side so shooting them at a distance is a pain in the ass
Only at first. After you shoot them, they slow down.

3.) Shoot faster and seem to hurt more.
They shoot faster, thus doing more damage per unit time. Their actual damage per shot doesn't seem to have changed.

4.) Have a larger aggro range.
That's true. They can see further. Either use Stealth while scouting for Warbots or take down the Spiderbot, then the Warbot. I use both methods while out hunting. Then again, I can take on three to six warbots and their support mobs at a time. :-)

You need to max out, or at least get to 85%, your piercing resistance. A full set of Battle-2, heavy battleboots, 50 resist force, and the Deflector spell should be enough. I have all that and Spy PA3. All my bones are antigamma bones, though, so I have no resist force or piercing protection from my bones.

Think of it this way - can your armor and resists hold up to a mixed set of Launcher Cyclops and Hurlers/Butchees? If not, you won't be able to handle Warbots and Spiderbots.

amfest
yea range is bad .. lol . . speed I personally think should be dropped just a tad and for sure the aggro radius should be for sure changed down

Disturbed021
lmao, skills get some :p

Seriously, they finally grew some hairy balls don't nerf 'em now.

amfest
20-02-04, 22:25
I would of voted yes but the poll says bring back the old style which is lame cause they shouldn't be put back to the old way. They were just lame then.

Judge
20-02-04, 23:54
Slow them down slightly, and reduce their actual range + their aggro range.

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 23:59
neither, just slow em down a damn bit

blumblumshub
21-02-04, 00:05
Should there not be things out there in the wilderness that impose a little fear upon us?

Do I hear all the little antelope posting on God's forum "For Christ's sake nerf those damned lions will you? Shit, they hide behind a tree, they don't make any noise, they don't even SMELL bad. Come on, God, at least make them smell bad so we know they are coming. And blunt their teeth a little will you? I mean as soon as I get my Pain Easer out, they've already taken four bites out of my rump, made mashed potatoes and served it to their family. It's not FAIR, I tell you."

Shit, guys, I'm still scared of the Big Dragonfly, but I don't want it nerfed because it increases the tension and makes me a little nervous.

So ner!
Blum

Biznatchy
21-02-04, 00:34
Should there not be things out there in the wilderness that impose a little fear upon us?

Do I hear all the little antelope posting on God's forum "For Christ's sake nerf those damned lions will you? Shit, they hide behind a tree, they don't make any noise, they don't even SMELL bad. Come on, God, at least make them smell bad so we know they are coming. And blunt their teeth a little will you? I mean as soon as I get my Pain Easer out, they've already taken four bites out of my rump, made mashed potatoes and served it to their family. It's not FAIR, I tell you."

Shit, guys, I'm still scared of the Big Dragonfly, but I don't want it nerfed because it increases the tension and makes me a little nervous.

So ner!
Blum

OK now i agree nerf blum.

Only thing that annoys me with them is the range of the aggro.

MrBiggles
21-02-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Biznatchy
OK now i agree nerf blum.

Only thing that annoys me with them is the range of the aggro.

/confused?

blums have large aggro range?

blumblumshub
21-02-04, 00:37
Originally posted by MrBiggles
/confused?

blums have large aggro range?

Hell yeah, don't get too close or I'll lob an onion at you ;)
Blum

Saito Hajime
21-02-04, 00:38
I voted no, They seem to be little more than an annoyance.(much like vet hehe)
Ya, they can surprise ya, but the damage isnt nearly as bad as it could be considering the lvl of the mob. At least its not stackin damage over time on you at that range.
Yea its kinda dirty that they can hit from beyond a non maxed clipping plane, but I run mine out as far as it can go and never had that issue. It forces me to run lower res, but its worth not being surprised by stuff.
Besides, it almost makes some sense, I mean its a machine, whos to say that it CANT "see" or detect further than a character.
a F-14 fighter can lock on to 26 seperate targets MANY miles out... i would hope a spiderbot would be more sophisticated.
Saito

Richard Blade
21-02-04, 01:01
I had to vote no.
1. Because it's Marx.
2. Because the spiders are finally worth their rank.
3. Because the spiders can shoot past the clipping range. Why can't we? huh?
4. Because...err...well, just because. O_o

Blumblumshub, what kinda onion? I'm making chili tonight.

blumblumshub
21-02-04, 01:08
Red onions. I like those. Yummy.

I voted no, too, as I said. I think it's good to have things that can kick our arses out there other than a ganking pk'er.

What's next? A newbie coming on and saying "Nerf teh small sewer rat, it has nasty pointy teeth and almost takes some points off my health, owie"

*sniff sniff*... I smell chicken shit, an' it's comin' from Marx!
Blum

Disturbed021
21-02-04, 01:17

I voted no, too, as I said. I think it's good to have things that can kick our arses out there other than a ganking pk'er.

Exactly. Hell I'd like to see their rank increased to 70 and really but the fear of God into ppl.
Slowing them down abit I can see. I tagged one the other day with my melee tank and I had to run full speed across half the map to keep hittin the damn thing, but the range and damage is fine imo.

Vryce
21-02-04, 01:23
I voted no, but agree that their present range is a bit wild.

Spex
21-02-04, 01:52
The range on these bots is, how to say it ... awesome :lol: I remember the flamer muties back in beta having an enormous range, too; in a mix of aggies, cyclops and butchees/hurlers they had to be dropped first unless you wanted to get fried over long range haha

amfest
21-02-04, 02:02
oops . ..I was thinking small spiderbots :) .. those are fast buggers .. it's like they all used the same speed code and when they adjsuted one . the rest went up .. lol

I don't mind the large bots but the small ones are . .bleh. The aggro range is still too far out either reduce range and keep them fast .. or keep range and reduce speed . .not the best of both. Butchee and hurlers are slow but have range and power with their nades . .. but small spiderbots have a wayyyy bigger aggro range .. they have a fast shooting range attack and they can get up on your fairly quickly . also they can dodge even way faster by strafing . .I"ve seen those suckers just zoom to the side at unreal speeds

Shujin
21-02-04, 02:05
Blum NERF BLUM! :eek:

Psyco Groupie
21-02-04, 02:08
The range is vast, its like you move into their huge radial trigger and they run across the landscape thunking u ... anoying as heck, far from realistic

Netphreak
21-02-04, 02:56
Just reduce there range, and aggro range slightly. I have got hit by a spiderbot too far for my rifle pe to target with paineaser, which i thought was a abit fucked. But really it was the spiderbot that was fucked when i caught up with it! :p
Painie is such a nice gun! *strokes his 3 slot arti painie*

Valkyrie
21-02-04, 03:04
Screw the spiderbots they're pussies, now what I want nerfing is the noise those cyber beetles and turtles make. "CREEEEEEEAAAWWWWWEEEEEE!!!!!"

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 00:03
Before the boost no one, and I mean only newbies where afraid of spiderbots, not they are somthing to be feared...

They still don't do massive damage, and they are still killable, dodgeable, hidefromable (<--- a new word is born!) I like them now... somthing a little scary..

Also,

Do I hear all the little antelope posting on God's forum "For Christ's sake nerf those damned lions will you?
Blum

They do ask for nerf's all the time, but the lions keep asking for a nerf in the antelope runspeed, so it's pretty ballanced I think...

It's only unfair when no one complains..

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:06
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
They do ask for nerf's all the time, but the lions keep asking for a nerf in the antelope runspeed, so it's pretty ballanced I think...

It's only unfair when no one complains..

Ahhh, yes, that sounds fair then ;)
Blum

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 00:08
Ahhh, yes, that sounds fair then ;)
Blum

*Nerf's humanity*

See what you made me do...

anyway, I think some of the other less scary mob's should get an overhaul, make going for a stroll a risk..

Aziraphale
22-02-04, 00:11
I don't mind spiderbots TOO much, the damage is fine anyway.
The aggro range is almost justified, they look like the kind of robot that would have all kinds of sensory apparatus.
But the firing range is too big IMO.

Glok
22-02-04, 00:16
It's the houndbots that really get under my skin. Tiny little fuckers almost at the clipping plane... grah.

Marx
22-02-04, 00:17
Originally posted by Aziraphale
The aggro range is almost justified

Wouldn't it make sense for for a warbot to have a larger aggro range?

You know... seeing as its a super high tech badass combat robot.

Aziraphale
22-02-04, 00:22
Originally posted by Marx
Wouldn't it make sense for for a warbot to have a larger aggro range?

You know... seeing as its a super high tech badass combat robot.

Maybe, but two points:

One, weren't war-bots originally piloted by humans? Therefore the person controlling it would operate all the sensory stuff, without a pilot it probably wouldnt be as effective.
And two, they would fuck me over everytime I step into the wastelands.

Marx
22-02-04, 00:25
Originally posted by Aziraphale
One, weren't war-bots originally piloted by humans? Therefore the person controlling it would operate all the sensory stuff, without a pilot it probably wouldnt be as effective.

True, but still - common sense dictates a bigger rig makes for more complex systems.

And two, they would fuck me over everytime I step into the wastelands.

This is the current dilemma I have to deal with. Kill a warbot, am hacking it only to get killed by a spiderbot which spawned along my fogline during my hack.

Pathetic really.

blumblumshub
22-02-04, 00:26
*Nerf's humanity*

See what you made me do...

Ahhhh crap, my willy just got smaller :eek:
Blum

ezza
22-02-04, 00:40
yeah nerf those spider bots, was on my droner at the MB when Pkers started ripping up the place, so popped a drone out to take some l33t ariel shoots of the action, only to get carried away forgot to check my body only to get a spiderbot kill me.

damn them:mad:

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 00:50
True, but still - common sense dictates a bigger rig makes for more complex systems.

*Pick's up two mobile phones*

This phone is about the size of a house brick..

This phone is about the size of plug..

By your logic the bigger phone should be better... untill your told, that the larger phone is ten year's older than the small phone..

I see it like this, warbot's are the killing machine's, spiderbot's are the sensor's, the scout's, the forward obsevers..

Marx
22-02-04, 01:19
*Pick's up two mobile phones*

This phone is about the size of a house brick..

This phone is about the size of plug..

The difference there is those two different phones were released at different times. Different technology made from the higlights of different times.

The warbots and the spiderbots seem to have been released at the same time.

I see it like this, warbot's are the killing machine's, spiderbot's are the sensor's, the scout's, the forward obsevers

Ironic that spiderbots are doing a better job at killing me than the warbots.

http://dirtynuke.net/abrams.jpg

I CAN TAKE YOU ON BUDDY!

http://dirtynuke.net/Scarab.jpg

OH SHI...

Glok
22-02-04, 01:21
Marx, what class are you hunting with? My char is an APU in full holy spirit which is 160 some odd energy, and only 70 some odd pierce armor. And warbots HURT ME, spiderbots aren't much of a problem. I'm confused. :(

Marx
22-02-04, 01:23
Originally posted by Glok
Marx, what class are you hunting with? My char is an APU in full holy spirit which is 160 some odd energy, and only 70 some odd pierce armor. And warbots HURT ME, spiderbots aren't much of a problem. I'm confused. :(

n00b spy.

:p

I just really want the damned aggro range changed. It's... just... wrong.

Glok
22-02-04, 01:26
n00b spy.

I just really want the damned aggro range changed. It's... just... wrong. It is wrong. And... LOL. :D

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 01:26
It's because you actively fight the warbots, the spiderbot's you tend to leave till later..

A deflector, or a spell from that range make's spiderbot's less scary.

It's better to see Spiderbot's as light tank's, they are not without armor or armament.. Warbot's hit every so often, so getting good cover work's, they spend much of their time walking about..

Spiderbot's spend most of their time firing, and when they are not they dash about.. So it's harder to find good cover from them, but they die pretty quickly..

See a warbot as like an A10 without bomb's, and spiderbot's as huey's.. The A10 will trash anything it can get a bead on, uttler smash you, the huey will supress you while the big gun's arrive..

It's not like spiderbot's are hard to kill as in damage they can take before falling down..

Also to the pic's you posted.. An anti tank weapon would make short work of either, but the people in the lighter vehical have a better chance of spotting you before you fire..

Marx
22-02-04, 01:32
Also to the pic's you posted.. An anti tank weapon would make short work of either, but the people in the lighter vehical have a better chance of spotting you before you fire..

Nein, The abrams tank has better scanning abilities than the human eye (FLIR, Night Vision, NBC detect, etc), and therefore of an unadulterated scout-scarab.

It's not like spiderbot's are hard to kill as in damage they can take before falling down..

they are for my n00b spy, who does n00b damage and has a n00b targeting reticle

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 01:37
Nein, The abrams tank has better scanning abilities than the human eye (FLIR, Night Vision, NBC detect, etc), and therefore of an unadulterated scout-scarab.

ahh but it's got limited field's of view..

I put an anti tank mine in the middle of a road, or tuck it under the dirt, all that fancy gear is worthless..

+I don't have to be fully exposed to use an anti tank warhead..

Marx
22-02-04, 01:45
I put an anti tank mine in the middle of a road, or tuck it under the dirt, all that fancy gear is worthless..

Welp, then you get into the discussion about the usage of armor and if it would or wouldn't stand up to it. blah blah.

:o

+I don't have to be fully exposed to use an anti tank warhead..

You don't need to be fully exposed to use some sort of medium caliber machine gun either.

Q`alooaith
22-02-04, 01:47
But you do have to see your target, and a tank's a much bigger target than two man AT team..

I hide, you can't simply spray all hiding places with lead, you'd run out of ammo before you found me, and draw a load of attention to yourself..

Marx
22-02-04, 01:52
But you do have to see your target, and a tank's a much bigger target than two man AT team..

True, but based on the armor setup and type of AT rocket used, an abrams stands a good chance of taking a hit and continuing on to retaliate against the position the attack came from.

I hide, you can't simply spray all hiding places with lead, you'd run out of ammo before you found me, and draw a load of attention to yourself..

No, but one would easily deduce where an observation vehicle may be and 'observe' on their own.

As mentioned, it's easier for people to hide and avoid detection than a vehicle.

Cruzbroker
22-02-04, 04:06
Was funny when I saw nothing, but got hit by a spiderbot.. I think it aggroed beyond fog, yes I had force fog on that time, as well most of the time..

Darth Slayer
22-02-04, 20:26
Originally posted by SorkZmok
They are the most annoying thing there is atm. They even beat all those asshole tanks with devs. ;)

I hate it when i see a warbot all alone, take him down and suddenly about 5 spiderbots come running from the other end of the map at an unbelievable speed, shooting me all the time.

Damn i hate those things.
Yup that happens to me they aggro from half the map away and when I'm playing a monk sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get within range and kill them...:(

VetteroX
22-02-04, 20:35
yes, nerf theirs range and aggressive range in half. My chars are caped and have max force/poerce and they are still a major pain.

L3m0n
22-02-04, 20:47
emmmm get some skills your getting owned by a rank 50* mob? nuff said about that.
if anything we need more mobs like this makes hunting little more fun ;)

zii
23-02-04, 02:26
Voted No -

As for those who voted Yes, may they be fed to the Spanking bots.

da_pimp
23-02-04, 21:00
yeah there range is too much im a tank and they dont hurt me much however when you got 20 spiderbots in one sector that can shoot the length of the sector (figuratively speaking) its kind hard to shoot a moony from a hill cuz those damn things keep nocking you down and messing up the focus on your weapon

Marx
24-02-04, 01:22
Originally posted by L3m0n
emmmm get some skills your getting owned by a rank 50* mob? nuff said about that.
if anything we need more mobs like this makes hunting little more fun ;)

The problem is... They can even shoot me beyond the range of my rifle.

Mix that with leveling spy, and you got yourself a case of SI

greploco
24-02-04, 01:26
ok, this is silly

if ur gettin killed by spiderbots well then you wandered out into the wasteland far before you were ready

early dragonflys were overpowered, anyone who has tasted those knows what I'm talking about. these things aren't even close to the old dragonflys

Marx
24-02-04, 01:29
Originally posted by greploco
if ur gettin killed by spiderbots well then you wandered out into the wasteland far before you were ready

early dragonflys were overpowered, anyone who has tasted those knows what I'm talking about. these things aren't even close to the old dragonflys

Different problem than the dragon flies.

This is all about aggro range and their attack range. They're generally a little bit short of my fogline when they somehow see me then attack - then their attacks go beyond the fogline whereas I cannot attack them due to my range.

I don't die because they have 'uber attack' damage. I die because I'm out in the open and can't attack them back.