PDA

View Full Version : add "taste" to drones

dem0n
20-02-04, 19:50
I find it really funny that the only time I actualy hear any sounds from my drone is when I'm near the "to hit" location. A drone can fire fusion balls but you don't hear anything. I think it would only make sence to add sounds to drones. Isn't it strange that you hear nothing from your gatling drone? Ofcourse, you could say that drones are small... plasma drones, for instance, can't reproduce a sound of the same amplitude as a CS or another plasma cannon can - but atleast they should be allocated their pistol counter-part sounds. There is another problem, that for instance, a plasma drone fires 4 times in one period, where pistols only fire 2 times. And that the fusion balls from drones are slower than the ones from the pistol so basicly fusion drones could have fusion rile/cannon sounds. It's debatable, but to conclude - do we want "sound"? yes, no?

Strych9
20-02-04, 19:54
Are drones equipped with microphones?

I saw have the sounds near your body be heard, and when your drone is near your body you can hear it firing.

dem0n
20-02-04, 20:01
gatling drones for instance, if you aim to the ground when your at your maximum altitude you won't hear anything unless you drop down to the ground and fire at the ground... you can't hear the firing [unlike gatling cannons or pistols], only the bullets hitting the ground. thats what this post is about.

damnit, I want to hear the firing mechanism :).

deac
20-02-04, 20:02
no freaking sounds PLEASE... i like the stealth thingy with drones.... and when your doing massive hunt sessions sound would just be a pain in the ass

Strych9
20-02-04, 20:03
So we are assuming the drones have microphones then?

If that is the assumptin we make, then I think its safe to assume that a gatling drone would HAVE to make noise while shooting, and thus we should hear it shoot.

I was just saying that I would rather hear whats going on nearby my body rather than my drone. Then you could be more alert of anything that might jeopardize your meat sack.

dem0n
20-02-04, 20:08
about the body it would be true I agree.

but taking in fact that, on the other side of the map [about lets say 100m away from you], you can hear someone firing from a sniper rifle or from a CS you can suggest that the user registers the sounds around the drone. now if the drone doesn't make any sounds firing balls which can degrade structure on sub atomic levels than you'd expect to atleast HEAR something. so drones making no sound while firing would be as throwing a grenade where the explosion wouldn't make any sound - imo.

no freaking sounds PLEASE... i like the stealth thingy with drones.... and when your doing massive hunt sessions sound would just be a pain in the ass

^deacon, imagine if the gauss rifle never made any trials, or the sniper rifle never made any sounds in fallout.