PDA

View Full Version : Combat vehicle pe

winnoc
20-02-04, 16:22
Hi, anyone leveled a combat vehicle PE yet?

I was wondering if you had any tips on which vehicle to use or some other tips?
I want to be able to hack warbots, repair the vehicles and also gun em off course.

Strych9
20-02-04, 16:28
Piece of cake. Level using heavy weaps- grenade launchers are especially fun. Your final weapon will be the fusion cannon and Tangent Speed Gun most likely. Imps would be moveon, zerk 3, zerk 2, HBB3. That would put you at Str 76 which is enough for those two weapons.

Put your int into hack (just enough for WBs) and weapon lore.

Dex into Agility/Repair/Vehicle and recycle if you want to recycle your own ammo.

Str into Heavy, some transport, and resist force.

Level via teams as much as possible.

Odds are, if you are like me, Dex will be the LAST thing you level with this setup, but its no big deal really.

My PE is basically exactly what you say you want, and all his stats are capped except Dex, but its no big deal as he has a repair skill of 95 (110 with the glove) and agility of 80+ I think.

This also lets you have an extra brain slot for whatever you want (LE, PP Resist, etc.).

Gulinborsti
20-02-04, 16:46
It's actually not hard to make rifle/hacker/driver PE who caps a Pain Easer, can hack outposts (with a little help from a PPU), drive all (current in game) vehicles AND can use all vehicle guns except the rhino tank cannon. The ability to raise repair to a proper level will cost a lot of agility but might be worth ... ;)

GT_Rince
20-02-04, 17:13
Originally posted by Strych9
Piece of cake. Level using heavy weaps- grenade launchers are especially fun. Your final weapon will be the fusion cannon and Tangent Speed Gun most likely. Imps would be moveon, zerk 3, zerk 2, HBB3. That would put you at Str 76 which is enough for those two weapons.

You forgot the Marine to take STR to 81 and then u can gun the Rhino as well :)

Mirco
20-02-04, 17:14
Alternativly change the HBB3(erm what is it?) with the marine chip. That takes you to 81 strength. You`ll have to drug into it after gr`ing or death, but that is no big problem. This means: You get a little more H-C, you can drive and gun the rhino(This is awesome for hunting wbs or fire mobs. They drop like flies), you get to use the tl78 raygun cannon and also the tl 81 plasma wave(the wave is not that great I know).

I would not put any points into transport. You get alot from your extra strength. Instead I have 45 points of recycle that lets me clone any of the vehicle ammo. I always have a batch of big hydraulic parts with me. If you dont clone you severly limit yourself and will be running back and forth between gogo`s. They are heavy.

I lvled up first using pistols doing the pp and moveone epics. That put my strength up to where I could drug up to gun the rhino. After that your strength will shoot up through the roof. You`ll be capped in strength in no time. When using the rhino you get some int and dex exp. Its not great, but as your int isnt higher than 60 and you reach above 70 with 20 mill of dex its not going to be a problem.

You also lvl con inside the rhino(bug or feature?) so that got capped after a while as well. Hunt fire mobs for that.

I have to say that my H-C PE is the most fun character I`ve ever had. Self sufficient, doesnt need alot of rares and is also viable for op-fights and pvp. I love him.

Alternativly you can choose to just put enough h-C to use the rhino(it wont matter to your vhc damage output), skill some more force and put the rest in melee. With a bat queen arm and a beast you`ll easily cap the blade of ceres and with that rare drug the soulblade. With an electric tempest and a good DB you`ll be a pain to fight and fast as a mofo. Its hard though. I gave up because of the melee problems when hits didnt register and now I`m back to using the heavy weapons.

GT_Rince
20-02-04, 17:16
IMP Setup is....

Marine +5
MOVEON +3
BEZ 3 +5
BEZ 2 +3
HBB 3 + 5

= +21 STR on top of 60 = 81 STR

Strych9
20-02-04, 17:17
HBB3 = Hardened Back Bone 3. Cant swap it out with Marine. :)

I never liked having to drug into my setup after every time I genrep, so I never bothered with that. Besides, the rhino is inferior to the assault trike if you want to hunt warbots. So who cares about the rhino. :)

Instead of the extra Str which I dont need I have the PP Resistor in, which really helps when you are fighting against Warbots. Extra energy and xray- exactly what you need.

Mirco
20-02-04, 17:37
Jupp the heavy trike is good against wbs. Its also very good against monk. If you want to use the rhino or not is not going to affect how much you enjoy your H-C PE alot. I just like to have that option open. All I can every ask for now is a H-C eye and I would have my dream character ready.