PDA

View Full Version : Hybridness

Original monk
20-02-04, 15:43
After the change to hybrids i havent seen alot of em walking around ... wich i think is pretty ok.

In contradiction to what i tought was going to happen the server isnt being flood with PE-style hybrids, wich again is a good case.

The quality of hybrids however isnt what it used to, they cut of the sharp edges of the hybrids, wich is a pitty in my opinion ... for example: when ya where leveling out in caves and someone walked infront of you and you accidentally damageboosted the person then you could un-damageboost em directly after :) now this isnt possible nomore ffcourse.

Hybrids can use the lowelevel antidote yeah.. but thats about it of fancy spells they have ..

Also maybe they could of lowered the apu req of the holy firehalo and holy poisonhalo, both to 120 :) so ya could have a liiitlebit more variety ...

I think the mainreason of so less hybrids is that they A. have a really bad name/reputation, thanx to all the hollywood surrounding em on these forums .. and B. are pretty hard to level from scratch now ..

But again i dont mind this ...

Positive is the fact that hybrids dont have extreme combatranks nomore, not as they used to that is ..

So still its a pitty about the nerfage (nerf as in: they cant use any decent spell nomore ...) , but im glad that KK finally made the hybrid like all other classes.. and i hope that they will stay this way witouth being nerfed and tweaked even further ...

Weird thing is that people dont wonna see you as a hybrid o_O they see you either as an apu or ppu, but not both lol wich is a strange experience ...

anyways, i yust had to say sumthing aboot hybrids again :)

enjoy playing and enjoy leveling up, hunting parts, tradeskilling and even Pking :)

original a.k.a `hanta`

Omnituens
20-02-04, 17:08
I've PM'ed my own fixes to MJS, he's yet to get back to me.

the recent changes have ruined the monk class, especially leveling monks.

Glok
20-02-04, 17:11
Originally posted by Omnituens
the recent changes have ruined the monk class, especially leveling monks. Nonsense. My APU is levelling just fine (74 base psi now). Used holy energy halo for a long ass time, but other than that it's been a smooth ride. I'm not even powerlevelling in caves. Mostly just hunting warbots.

.Cyl0n
20-02-04, 17:13
the whole pure monk idea is stupid tbh

i want my old e beam / group shelter hybrid back :)

Possessed
20-02-04, 17:18
The current pure problems is FAR worse than the problem with the hybrids a few months ago...

BTW cy, empty your damn PM box again, sent items too:p

Original monk
20-02-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Omnituens
I've PM'ed my own fixes to MJS, he's yet to get back to me.

the recent changes have ruined the monk class, especially leveling monks.

dont have to tell me ... im leveling an apu currently and this wouldnt be possible if i didnt gave em the apukami wich was previous in my hybrid ... witouth he couldnt use shit at all lol, spellwise :) so i can understand if you have to start from scratch to level a monk at the moment, then it must be pure horror ... not the best way to attract the newbies ...

also leveling the last levels of my hybrids psi is hell ... i use the lowest level multilightningbolt atm and the tl 40 energybarrel, the minibarrel ... owyeah and a tl 37 attackspell ...

when 1 day before the patch i could use every ppu and every apuspell in a figure of speech -> so it took some time to adapt ...

and its hell lol .. and i refuse to keep lomming extra apu to lom it back after etc ... i have to puke of lomming by now hehe

but as long as i have atleast that small feeling of hybridness then i am happy :)

So omnituens if you get more information certainly keep us updated, if not on the forum then by PM, in any case good luck with the changes, and im sure that they can only be good for the evolution/progression of the game :)

enjoy the weekend

edit: cyclon, what do you mean exactly with the current pure problem being worse then the previous hybridproblem ?

define "pure problem" :) cause it can mean alot ya see, lots of problems with the "pure" system in my opinion :)

.Cyl0n
20-02-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Possessed
The current pure problems is FAR worse than the problem with the hybrids a few months ago...

AMEN

and thats what noone realises ;)
-
oi imma empty it in a sec..

.cy

/€ done kyle

SirRah
20-02-04, 17:22
hybrid threads make me sad :(

Original monk
20-02-04, 17:25
Originally posted by SirRah
hybrid threads make me sad :(

my appology, i didnt mean to make anyone sad

but do you mean sad as: i miss my hybrid

or do you mean sad as: daamn i hate hybrids and im sad that i hear from em again lol

cu laterz

Glok
20-02-04, 17:28
Originally posted by Original monk
dont have to tell me ... im leveling an apu currently and this wouldnt be possible if i didnt gave em the apukami wich was previous in my hybrid ... witouth he couldnt use shit at all lol, spellwise :) so i can understand if you have to start from scratch to level a monk at the moment, then it must be pure horror ... not the best way to attract the newbies ...I rolled my APU after the patch that raised the reqs to high heaven. It hasn't been a pain at all. Seriously. Maybe I'm just a patient person or something, dunno. :)

Oh I will be a PE-style hybrid when I cap psi. :)

SirRah
20-02-04, 17:31
missing my hybrid...

it was hella fun being one and you had a lot of freedom in your way of playing.

the current changes KK is doing are no good at all. playing a pure monk can be fun first but after a point it gets rather boring. as a hybrid you could decide what you wanna do today, like PPUing for a cave team etc.

Original monk
20-02-04, 17:41
then ya feel exactly the same as i do sirrah :)

and i must say that i miss the incredible customization factor them hybrids had ... like you said: one second youre ppuing youre team and the other second you are barreling with em cause they need some firepowerbackup :)

or ya could even solo anything :) now ya can still solo almost everything but not with the same luxury as ya had before: like a.poisonsanctum up and go energybeam some batqueen or some shaman ..

the old hybrids where the perfect supportclass ... and due to some people pushing them to the extreme's in pvp we all got nerfed hybrids now ...

pitty ..

Possessed
20-02-04, 17:43
Sry for OT, but cy its full again you nublet, empty your damn sent folder aswell :eek: :eek:

.Cyl0n
20-02-04, 17:49
uh sorry original monk but KK made hybrids uber with the spell and DS patch.
i played hybrid since beta 4 and why is it my fault when i use the full potential of the class im playing ?

the problem is that KK could have nerfed hybrids easily and good back then.. but they fucked it up

also the people at the forums fucked it up with wanting pure monks...if you think about it its really funny cause exactly the same people are crying about pure monks now :rolleyes:

anyways what kyle said is the truth...back then you had a few uber hybrids per server and now you got 75 % of the server as uber pure monks :o

man i wish i could speak to a dev on irc or something about the monk thing once *dreams* :I

.cy

/€ oh lol sorry kyle :)
done :x

SirRah
20-02-04, 17:57
IMO KK should make an chat night between the community and the devs.

moderated by the OPs.

i could imagine people like Lupus, CoDi, Thanatos and Callash in there to answer the question of the community and hear what the people in the community have to say, mostly about balancing :p

.Cyl0n
20-02-04, 18:04
uh im afraid that would end in a spam / flamfest =/

a simple announcement that you should send your ideas to some e mail addy would be cool... like hey this month`s topic is monks... send us your ideas and we talk about them

something like that =)

.cy

SirRah
20-02-04, 18:05
not if the channel would be moderated. and spammers would just be kicked/banned.

Omnituens
20-02-04, 19:53
2 things i would like to point out;

the first hybrid nerf of 30% was not what Lupus recommented, he said 20%-25%

and then most recent change was made when Lupus didnt have a net connection.

Basically, i believe the Dev team are ignoring one of their top testers and just fucking up a class without pracitcal testing.

Lupus for president.

i also want a group of the top players from each class and subclass (maybe 3 from each) to get together with each TS patch and discuss the potential problems in a dedicated IRC channel with Lupus and some of the dev team.

here are the main subclasses:

Monks
-APU
-PPU
-HYB

Tanks
-Heavy
-Melee

Spy
-Rifle
-Pistol
-Drone

PE
-Rifle
-Pistol

Original monk
20-02-04, 20:17
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
i played hybrid since beta 4 and why is it my fault when i use the full potential of the class im playing ?

the problem is that KK could have nerfed hybrids easily and good back then.. but they fucked it up

no sorryz, you are absolutely right but, and they should of taken care of long time ago but they didnt see any danger so it coninued ... my first char was a hybrid and hybrids wherent particularly popular back then :) mostly tanks :) also rares had a giant impact on hybrids ... and there wherent any rares on beta ..

what i mean with a small group of hybrids pushing to the limits where them few hybrids on saturn that abused there hybrid yust to go on a rampage, everyone was sick and tired of it, including me, also a hybrid ...

always the same: parabeam/lysis, DB, HL spam ... i know what it is yeah :/

anyways i gotta go, i could talk 72 hours nonstop about this but i yust hear the bell ringing lol, so my company arrived, see you guys laterz :)

Carinth
20-02-04, 20:23
The first Hybrid nerf was switching psi pool to depend on primarily your ppw and very little psu. That meant if you skilled high apu/ppu you would have little room for ppw and have a crappy pool. I retired my hybrid then and went back to pure ppu.

Originally posted by .Cyl0n

also the people at the forums fucked it up with wanting pure monks...if you think about it its really funny cause exactly the same people are crying about pure monks now :rolleyes:

anyways what kyle said is the truth...back then you had a few uber hybrids per server and now you got 75 % of the server as uber pure monks :o

man i wish i could speak to a dev on irc or something about the monk thing once *dreams* :I

.cy

/€ oh lol sorry kyle :)
done :x

That's not true at all cylon. Before the nerfs that wiped out hybrids I was one of the few ppu's around. I lamented how many problems my class had and how easy it would be to fix if someone actualy noticed us. I was also trying to stop a trend I saw coming, which was that kk wanted more monks to go pure. That's not so bad, it's the way they were going to do it that was bad. They took the approach of making hybrids undesirable first, forcing players to switch to pure, then improving pures. I would have rather had them both done at the same time or pures made desirable first. Many people were hybrids just cause pure monks were so retarded. I got a chance to exchange a few messages with a dev/gm (dont recall which) about it and his response was somthing like this. "If you want ppu's problems fixed, you should encourage others to go pure. The more people play a class and show flaws in it, the more likely the problems will be fixed."

I only understood the implications of this much later looking back in retrospect. If I want my class fixed, more people have to play my class and bring the flaws to attention. Yet when that did happen and ppu's started flooding in from everywhere, the exact opposite happened. The "flaws" were all things done recently to overpower us (remember kill hybrids, then make pures attractive). Now we're getting the backlash with ppu's being sapped of any fun and relegated to the gimp/bitch bench. But... we still have the same problems we did when we were first created! Things have only gotten worse! Now in addition to all the flaws we had from before, we're being made weaker and our job is more stressful as a result. We were already the hardest class to play and the most stressful, now we're even more so. Yet do we get benefits for being the hardest class to play? Nope, infact we also have more problems then any class aside from tradeskilers.

Also, the community did not want pure monks. The few of us that were pure were considered freaks. KK made the decisions and forced people to go pure or quit being a monk.

Shadow Dancer
20-02-04, 20:27
pure and hybrids should be viable. I don't see many hybrids at all around. When the hybrid "fix" hit, I tried to do a PE style hybrid. But the offense made me wanna gag, lol. AND i had to damage boost just to get decent damage. Maybe if I didn't have to do that, it would be fine.

I see 1-2 hybrids around with bless shelter/heal. Of course their defense is overpowered, but their offense is laughable.

Hrmmm, not many hybrids around at all. Does anyone think their viable atm?

Omnituens
20-02-04, 21:08
i dont think they are. it'll take 27 loms for me to check my monk on retail, and tbh, i cannot be arsed if KK is going to keep FUCKING ABOUT WITH MY MONK

Netphreak
21-02-04, 03:47
Originally posted by SirRah
IMO KK should make an chat night between the community and the devs.

moderated by the OPs.

i could imagine people like Lupus, CoDi, Thanatos and Callash in there to answer the question of the community and hear what the people in the community have to say, mostly about balancing :p

Now how come KK never thought of that? Really if KK got the devs to communicate directly to the community once a month or something like that i think it would help alot.