PDA

View Full Version : Everyone wants other Classes nerfed but...

garyu69
20-02-04, 15:30
...Who would win in a fight?

Say a bunch of each class all got together, say like 10 of each and all fought all in one mass fight. Who would win?

PE's
Spies
Tank's
Monk's (maybe split them as APU's and PPU's)

would be interesting to see what happened.

My bets are the Spies would be stealthy bastards and stealth until everyone else had nearly killed each other then they all come out with full health and kill the last few.

Mumblyfish
20-02-04, 15:34
Spies without the ability to access stealth.

Because we're uber.

El_MUERkO
20-02-04, 15:44
If 10 of each class was too get together in a large area the 10 tanks would win, 10 PPUs second, 10 PEs 3rd.

The tanks could gang up on a PPU, all 10 with devs taking down one at a time and Deving anyone trying to Res.

Judge
20-02-04, 15:48
Spy.

Because of long stealth then fast ownage when opponents are on low health. Or in a large area just imagine the effect of 10 SHs... then stealth and move on to the next target. :eek:

shodanjr_gr
20-02-04, 16:17
3 APUs with rare barrels. 7 PPUs. 2 for each APU and 1 damage boosting. 0wnage!!!!

Or 10 tanks with moonstrikers and shitloads of force!!!

Omnituens
20-02-04, 17:11
you missed off hybrids.

ezza
20-02-04, 18:55
i went for tanks cos they = teh win

Q`alooaith
20-02-04, 19:00
I'd say spy's...

Stealth about, Snipe anyone with a dev or who is rezzing from the other side of the zone... oh great fun to be had...

Then it's be PPU's, I mean 10 TAR PPU's would be able to take down tank's and PE's given a little time... and would be able to rezz each other (one rezzes, the other's heal the rezzer)

LTA
20-02-04, 19:01
A dev tank.....

not much to stop it really....

Judge
20-02-04, 21:46
This whole thing depends on if we are talking confined area, or large expanse of wasteland. Because in confined area Tanks will win, but in Wasteland PE or Spy will win.

Because tbh with you, I can't see anything beating 10 stealthing SH toting spies in the wasteland.

ZoomZoom
20-02-04, 21:51
i cant vote as i think the class`s are ok now

1. no hybird bitches
2.tanks where made for pking
3.spies are not made for pking only like construction work etc:
4.pes are just easy to cap and can take out all class`s in a fair fight.
5.ppus cant fight back so there aim is to stay alive so no need to nerf (only the para

ezza
20-02-04, 21:53
Originally posted by ZoomZoom

are you for real?o_O

SorkZmok
20-02-04, 21:56
PEs.
If you arent allowed to heal, tanks.
If stealth was allowed, spies.

\\Fényx//
20-02-04, 22:13
uhm

10 melee tanks would rock

You wouldnt be able to hit us much unless the 10 PPUs were on constant paraspam the melee tank missions .....

J. Folsom
20-02-04, 22:20
We're assuming cookie cutter stups here I presume? As well as it being a team-based game of which only people of the same class can work together?

Because if both of those are true, then the following is the case (Assuming the APU damage is unforked):

The APU's would quickly get ganged up on by all other classes. To prevent them from doing their high damage.
Then people would probably go for the tanks, the spies would probably all use their stealth and disperge in all possible direction, while the PE's would attempt to pistol the tanks to death.
At this point some of the tanks would be killed while most/all of the PE's would probably be killed (Dev and stray shots ;p).
The Spies would then pick off the remaining tanks using their SH's, stealth away whenever a tank comes close.
Then there'd be an eternal stalemate as the spies can't kill the PPU's quickly to prevent them from resurrecting. While the PPU's can't outdamage the spies heal either.

amfest
20-02-04, 22:31
Then there'd be an eternal stalemate as the spies can't kill the PPU's quickly to prevent them from resurrecting. While the PPU's can't outdamage the spies heal either

what if there are stealthing droner spys also and everyone concentrates on one ppu at a time with thier rifles and such

J. Folsom
20-02-04, 22:33
Originally posted by amfest
what if there are stealthing droner spys also and everyone concentrates on one ppu at a time with thier rifles and such Well I suppose it's not eternal, but it'd still take a crazy amount of time, assuming all PPU's cast their resurrection spell at the same time on the same PPU, the killed one would come back to life.
While I'm not certain about the time needed to kill a fully buffed PPU who starts out resurrecting with a Holy Heal on, I'm pretty certain you'd be able to kill at most one or two of them.

Or, better plan for the PPU's, a few of them would PPU normally for the resurrecting PPU's. thus making it near impossible to kill all of them, even with focused fire.

Judge
20-02-04, 23:27
Well if all ten sniper spies worked together.... ten SH shots would kill ANYONE. Even a fully buffed heal running PPU.

J. Folsom
20-02-04, 23:28
Originally posted by Judge
Well if all ten sniper spies worked together.... ten SH shots would kill ANYONE. Even a fully buffed heal running PPU. Yes, but IIRC the SH can shoot roughly three times a minute, a PPU can resurrect three times a minute as well.

SigmaDraconis
20-02-04, 23:35
ohh I cant clearly cut it any which way..

for sure monks/tanks would be competing for 1st and 2nd.. and PE/spies really could go either way for 3rd and 4th.

DestructionUK
21-02-04, 02:17
see PE's still loosing so leave us alone!!!

Mingerroo
21-02-04, 02:27
Lol, yeah. Spies would definitely win, they'd just stealth until the tanks had killed the monks and PEs, then turned on each other. Then they would STRIKE!

Cha!

Steve

LTA
21-02-04, 02:31
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Lol, yeah. Spies would definitely win, they'd just stealth until the tanks had killed the monks and PEs, then turned on each other. Then they would STRIKE!

Cha!

Steve

but 10 fairly largeish radius Tuesights :D

JackScratch
21-02-04, 04:21
Clearly you are all fools, have you not said a million times that PPUs are soooo imbalanced. Im certain that is how I heard it. You would all bow before the gods that are PPUs. There would be no contest, everyone knows a PPU can kill every other class.

Thanks for makeing this post, you have allowed me to make a point I have always fallen short of makeing. THE SUBJECT OF BALANCEING CLASSES IS A RETARDED ONE, THE WORD NERF IS ONLY USED AS THE BRAYING OF BARNYARD ANIMALS. NERF CRYERS WILL DESTROY THIS GAME.

Forget My Name
21-02-04, 05:10
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Yes, but IIRC the SH can shoot roughly three times a minute, a PPU can resurrect three times a minute as well.

Shoot three times per minute??

You must not use the SH huh? I can fire it, off the top of my head, 3 times in 12 seconds? Maybe faster.

extract
21-02-04, 05:18
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Stealth about, Snipe anyone with a dev or who is rezzing from the other side of the zone... oh great fun to be had...

hardly, I have no better range on my SH than i do my PE.....first off it is hard as fuck trying to hit someone 600m out thats moving around all crazy.....second of all, there are times on my SH, where I can see a wb silowette(yea i know i fucked that word to all hell and back....) and cant even target it, so get this horseshit of an excuse outta here......this is not a personal attack on you, I see these comments all fucking day "from across a WHOLE zone" its a load of shit.......

btw I choose PEs.....they can heal, shelter, stealth, and use most spy weapons, a ROLH pe is a deadly person to come across.....

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 05:28
Ten droners or SH spies would waste anyone if they have the flexibility to move about however if it was a confined area and more of an arena style definitly tanks.

Mingerroo
21-02-04, 10:43
Originally posted by LTA
but 10 fairly largeish radius Tuesights :D

Lol. If the PPUs have the time to TrueSight then those ten tanks with devs aren't doing their job properly :)

Steve

sparrowtm
21-02-04, 11:09
PE's. Everyone knows we are the ones with the most player-skill :p

Alpha-Omega
21-02-04, 11:35
I would say 10 good PPUs would win hands down.

They can heal n buff each other rapidly, ressurect their fallen, paraspam en masse to kill the spies rapidly n stop the tanks dead in their tracks.

Para'd tanks promptly get beaten into submission by everyone else.

APUs are next

PEs follow afterwards

then rest just mopped up.

Game over, PPUs win hands down :)

Not to forget that the PPUs can launch SCs to cause grief over all the field.

One way to test this theory tho... I smell a possible future event :p

Omnituens
21-02-04, 13:18
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
1. no hybird bitches
&

dont make me hurt you.

L0KI
21-02-04, 13:22
I've done this event on Uranus:

Here are the results...

If PE's ARE allowed to heal, they win.

If they aren't, tanks win.

We dont allow PPU's, cos they cant fight - so its kinda pointless for them to enter.

Needless to say, APU and Spy dies first.

In a free for all, its defence>offence

KramerTheWeird
21-02-04, 15:04
What were the conditions of the fight? I'm assuming it was close combat with no stealthing, as spies could use the entire zone to their advantage and really cause some damage.