PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO - website maintenance & next version info

BramTops
20-02-04, 13:40
Users of NLpro now see an "website upgrading..." notice when starting NLpro. This is because I'm doing some layout/graphics changes...

These changes, however, rely on the next version of NLpro. And I wont be releasing that until I have the next version of ItemGFX. So, until then there wont be a website for you to play with... :( (this also affects the "xxx is (not) online"-signatures unfortunatly).

You can however still use/install all the other features of NLpro!

Some new features in next version of NLpro:
- Revised website (but still no other language support, sorry)
- Online-stats are back!
- New ingame maps for NC city. They show GG's, GR's, Appartments, Sewers and more!
- Ingame RPOS WinAmp controls
- New graphics for batqueen-bones
and maybe more...

Regards,

Bram

Nightbrother
20-02-04, 13:48
Awesome work, BramTops. However, is there a bug in the stat thing you have as your sig, since it only lists one person of the 277 total as being online, or do people (like myself :rolleyes:) just forget to log in when starting 'cron?

I played last night, and I keep forgetting to log in before I launch. Hence the '4 days since last launch' thing in my sig.

Mumblyfish
20-02-04, 13:50
Originally posted by BramTops
Ingame RPOS WinAmp controls
Sigh... don't make me install WinAmp. Seriously... just... don't. Or I will cry.

BramTops
20-02-04, 14:02
Originally posted by Nightbrother
is there a bug in the stat thing you have as your sig, since it only lists one person of the 277 total as being online, or do people (like myself :rolleyes:) just forget to log in when starting 'cron?

since the website is basicly offline now you wont see anyone online there until the website gets back online. This because hits aren't logged now...

I might change this if the next version of ItemGFX takes to long...

Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Sigh... don't make me install WinAmp. Seriously... just... don't. Or I will cry.

Dont worry....It will detect if winamp is running (works with winamp 2 and 5). If it is, you get a few nice control-graphics in the top-right of your RPOS (they dont look odd). If winamp isn't running (or if you dont have it installed), they just wont be there. This is also a (de)selectable feature when installing NLpro....

So dont worry... Everything is optional with us, we dont force you to do anything.. :D

Jeros82
20-02-04, 14:06
Ingame RPOS WinAmp controls

Hey Bram, can you tell how you made this and show me a screenie ???

I hope this works good, cause it would be pretty handy.

Once again thanx for the new version.

Mumblyfish
20-02-04, 14:07
Originally posted by BramTops
Dont worry....It will detect if winamp is running (works with winamp 2 and 5). If it is, you get a few nice control-graphics in the top-right of your RPOS (they dont look odd). If winamp isn't running (or if you dont have it installed), they just wont be there. This is also a (de)selectable feature when installing NLpro....

So dont worry... Everything is optional with us, we dont force you to do anything.. :D
But... it's a fancy feature! And I love fancy features. So in order to see this fancy I'll have to install WinAmp, which means no more iTunes.

Fate, why do you mock me?

Tratos
20-02-04, 14:11
Mumbly fate mocks you.... because you use iTunes, lol

Sounds good but i wont be using it, last two versions i ended up re-installing NC

~Tratos

Rieper
20-02-04, 14:14
yeah, just a warning. there are various people who have had to reinstall or other stuff because of NL pro.. pretty sure itemgfx has a lot to do with this, but be wary of it. Its good stuff for most people, but it gave me and numerous other people problems. I don't use it anymore..

BramTops
20-02-04, 14:16
Originally posted by Tratos
Sounds good but i wont be using it, last two versions i ended up re-installing NC

Hmm.. sorry to hear that. This is why I really need that next version of ItemGFX... it will have some serious bug-fixes...

It's still strange though. Most people have no problems... only these few "random" people. I can't seem to pinpoint the exact location of THE bug... :(

Oh.. and just make a copy of your Neocron dir after a clean & patched install. That way re-isntalling only takes a minute...

And I'll say it again: ALL PROBLEMS CAUSED BY NLPRO ARE RELATED TO THE "ENHANCED GRAPHICS"-FEATURE. Just deselect it when installing NLpro and you'll still have the new worldmap, new city-maps, droner hud, crosshairs and the NLpro website WITHOUT any problems.
It's just a shame people dont use NLpro as a whole because only 1 feature is giving them problems.... :(

So please stop referring to NLpro as the cause of all problems... it just that ONE feature....

(yes, i didn't sleep well last night.... ;))

garyu69
20-02-04, 14:31
sexy winamp intergration.

I like lots.

Got PK'ed last night while i changed songs :(

El_MUERkO
20-02-04, 15:31
Bram will the winamp controls follow the RPOS colour scheme?

I use a nice blue scheme I made myself and to have green winamp controls will be a pain.

Also I love winamp 5 but it is a resource hog, so I'd use winamp 2 which is still on my machine to listen to tune, will the winamp controls just pick up on whatever winamp is running or will they decide?

J. Folsom
20-02-04, 20:46
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Also I love winamp 5 but it is a resource hog, so I'd use winamp 2 which is still on my machine to listen to tune, will the winamp controls just pick up on whatever winamp is running or will they decide? It works with versions 2 and 5 of WinAmp, as far as I know.

As for the other thing you asked whether the looks are customizable, I can't say, it's likely the images for it are included as uncompressed .bmps though...

Originally posted by Jeros82

Hey Bram, can you tell how you made this and show me a screenie ???It's one of the ItemGFX features, oddly enough.

---

Also, Bram forgot to mention that those new ingame maps for the NC city were made by me, the impolite jerk ;P

BramTops
20-02-04, 22:33
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Bram will the winamp controls follow the RPOS colour scheme?

I use a nice blue scheme I made myself and to have green winamp controls will be a pain.

Dont worry... they're great and work with every colorscheme... They're not the one that come with ItemGFX.

BramTops
20-02-04, 22:34
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Also, Bram forgot to mention that those new ingame maps for the NC city were made by me, the impolite jerk ;P

Dont worry J. Your name's in the credits and will be mentioned in the official release... ;)
(jeezzz...) :D

Mighty Max
20-02-04, 22:51
The next version is nearly there ...

there is only one issue that holds it back yet, but im studying the logs atm. It's some of the oddities computers create sometimes....

It will create brams some work tho, to addept the changes done to the winamp.lua :p I'll message Bram asap when the new version is up o the server so you can all enjoy it fast then.

BramTops
21-02-04, 14:00
Thanks MM!

BramTops
26-02-04, 00:13
The website is open again and the online signatures should work now.

Go here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91985&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) for more information...

A mod can close this thread now. It's not longer applicable.