PDA

View Full Version : Should KK add this super cool/leet feature?

Shadow Dancer
20-02-04, 05:35
2 ideas, you choose which you like better.

1.Each citizen can choose between 2 forms of "tracking", nothing too great. The first choice causes your name to appear in the local list. Everyone can pick this up within a certain distance. The 2nd lets anyone look up your location(the zone you're in) via a citycom. But your name does not appear in local list.

2.An implant that removes your name from local. The only penalty, is a brain slot used up lol.

Which one do you like? I like both, can't decide yet.

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 05:37
i dont like or dislike either of em, they're just pointless :\o_O

Artie
20-02-04, 05:40
Originally posted by Mr Friendly

not for droner's or people on the NCPD list. If i'm red and ganking nubs i'd like to have some added protection....

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 05:42
if u'r red sl, u deserve to be seen on local, after all, it basically is a hunt to kill u if u enter a non-safe zone

Artie
20-02-04, 05:44
if u'r red sl, u deserve to be seen on local, after all, it basically is a hunt to kill u if u enter a non-safe zone

Oh yeah right. Please.

Bounty hunters always hunt in packs. I think a 3 on 1 (the three have a ppu) is hardly needing a extra advantage, nub.

petek480
20-02-04, 05:45
I believe a while back KK said they want playing with red sl viable. This would help make it more viable.

ZoneVortex
20-02-04, 05:47
ummmm

First option! i don't think anyone would go for losing a brain slot...atleast i wouldn't

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 05:50
better hope u got some l337 skills then if u get red sl, cuz u WILL be hunted down :P

Benjie
20-02-04, 06:12
I would like it if when you were low enough SL to be on NCPD's most wanted your name was removed from local by default.

At least that evens the odds a little. :)

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 08:40
Originally posted by Artie
Oh yeah right. Please.

Bounty hunters always hunt in packs. I think a 3 on 1 (the three have a ppu) is hardly needing a extra advantage, nub. I never did, but the PKer(s) I hunted ended up calling me a hacker cuz I had "PPU Level defence lololzolareanklnlianrtlianubie" o_o

I think the first idea is a niceun.

Heavyporker
20-02-04, 09:16
Mmmh... about Red SL, losing safeslot and losing only 2 items at death is more than enough to make it viable.

removal from local shouldn't be available to red SLers through an option-click.

and yes, removal of name from local, in many situations, is more than desirable.

losing a brainslot to be removed from local... that's more than fair... gimps the red-sl pkers too.

Fair is fair.

Leebzie
20-02-04, 10:52
Be much much more realistic if there was a bounty system, and it was the only way you could identify your target (and just as 'TARGET'. Other than that you wouldnt get a display name when putting your mouse over someone.

Everyone would have to look a lot more unique though (promised with DoY...) because you'd have to identify people by thier char first, and then you get thier name at say 10m range (much more realistic)

Knowing who someone is at max clipping range, and beyond just aint right... Also, no local except in safezones (so faction HQ's only after DoY IIRC)

Probably issues I havent thought of here, but its a start.

Spoon
20-02-04, 11:06
I like the idea's...

As long as -23+ SL people don't benefit from it....

You know.....

"No rest for the wicked"

Shadow Dancer
20-02-04, 20:45
*Gasp*

15 dislike? Perhaps they can say why?

-FN-
21-02-04, 00:45
I voted for the 2nd one. I think that's an awesome option with a relative penality that matches. This is coming from a Droner mind you ;)

Hey, can someone answer this... if NCPD can list the location of a Red SL Runner... why don't they just send some CopBots off to handle the bugger? o_O

WebShock
21-02-04, 00:51

i never like anything he suggests. seems like all he wants are everything but stuff that leads to balance

MindMaze
21-02-04, 04:21
Shadow, you of all people should know that making polls on these forums is downright pointless. There are fuckers who vote no either for fun or because they don't like you (not your idea). Take that thread by Maarten with the new spell graphics; there were STILL people who voted no... I hate this forum so much.

Shadow Dancer
21-02-04, 04:35
Originally posted by MindMaze
Shadow, you of all people should know that making polls on these forums is downright pointless. There are fuckers who vote no either for fun or because they don't like you (not your idea).

Yup you're right, my mistake.