PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] New Gun range - Particle beam Guns.

\\Fényx//
20-02-04, 02:12
Was thinkin of posting this a while back, Drones are the only weapons that have particlebeam weaponry, partial energy and xray. They do make sense as drones as a particlebeam generally comes down from the sky :p just like drone fire :)

Hows about a range of pistol/rifle/cannon that uses the same type, by default it does some Xray/Energy damage, and can be modded to have Fire/Xray/Energy, Energy/Xray/Energy and Xray/Xray/Energy using the standard energyweapon ammo mod types.

Would be a 2 shot burst weapon like the drone (or is it 3?O_o) And would be very accurate but High TL, starting at say TL50, 75, 100 then a rare rifle/pistol/cannon at TL 115/120ish.

Would bring more variety to the weapons used :) Plus a high TL weapon to aim for.

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 02:17
The problem I see is that the only real difference between the weapon classes in the PB Range *SHOULD* Be the refire rate, damage would most likely be the same with PB Weaponry...
Otherwise I suppose you could do it damage with low RoF on the Cannons etc like normal - but meh @ science...

\\Fényx//
20-02-04, 02:20
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The problem I see is that the only real difference between the weapon classes in the PB Range *SHOULD* Be the refire rate, damage would most likely be the same with PB Weaponry...
Otherwise I suppose you could do it damage with low RoF on the Cannons etc like normal - but meh @ science...

well ya, its gonna be accurate, and because of that a lower ROF would be understandable. Maybe they could be able to have a scope on it as kinda like a midrange snipe, soften someone up then charge up to finish them off with a more closequaters weapon.

-FN-
20-02-04, 02:37
Well, I think it's a cool idea, but I think it should be limited from low to mid TLs... here's why:

Compare drone types to the relative weapon:

TL 90 - FC-1000 Drone - ~600 Energy/Force Damage
TL 87 - NCPD ‘TriDe’ Fusion Cannon - ~1100 Energy/Force Damage

TL 85 - RK-100 Drone - ~550 Force/Fire Damage
TL 90 - Judgement Day Launcher - ~680 Force/Fire Damage

TL 65 - GA-2 Drone - ~4 x 25 Force/Pierce Damage
TL 63 - Gatlin Cannon - ~4 x 94 Force/Pierce Damage

TL 95 - RG-1000 Drone - ~480 Energy Damage
TL 90 - NCPD ‘Special’ RC13 Raycannon - ~850 Energy Damage

For good reason, the real weapon counter-part of each drone, even when lower TL than the drone, does considerably more damage than the drone.

If you made a cannon like the lowest level PB drone, following suit to the drone design:

TL 90 - PB-1 - ~490 Energy/Xray Damage
TL 88 - NCPD `Torch’ PB88 Particle Beam Cannon - ~800-900 Energy/Xray Damage

That's a shitload of damage of that type... then if you went into the TL 100+ rare level... if you compare it to the RK-100 vs a Moonstriker, the 'rare' PB cannon would do 2000-2500 Energy/Xray Damage.

Hence, PB weaponry would be nice, but keep it mid-TL, anything higher, if they follow the existing damage patterns, would be way overpowered considering it could be used by a tank, at long range, and would be devestating damagewise.

Now *maybe* if some rare single fire PB cannon with that kidn of damage existed, but it overheated when fired and couldn't be fired again for 30 seconds until it cooled... that would be interesting.

Aziraphale
20-02-04, 12:00
Like it, anything that brings a bit of variation into peoples weaponry is a thumbs up from me.

J. Folsom
20-02-04, 21:07
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Would be a 2 shot burst weapon like the drone (or is it 3?O_o) And would be very accurate but High TL, starting at say TL50, 75, 100 then a rare rifle/pistol/cannon at TL 115/120ish. That's drone dependant, IIRC the PB-1 is a single shot weapon, the PB-4 and 20 are two shot bursts, and the PN is a three shot burst.

But as FN said, if the relative damage of the normal weapons in comparison to drones of the same type/TL would stay the same these weapons might be too strong.
I'm all for new weapons being added though.