PDA

View Full Version : constructing

ammodawg
20-02-04, 02:09
I was just wondering what affects the overall quality of an item you construct. Is it more the construct lvl or does it depend more on your intel and dex lvl. I know the higher the dex and intel the more likely you are to slots. Just wondering. thanks

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 02:11
INT, DEX, CST - I think STR too.

Someone will most likely be along with more detail in a minute but there is a very specific formula something *LIKE* (not exact);
60% CST / 30% INT / 10% DEX (fictional numbers) :p

]v[ortice
20-02-04, 02:41
If you're making a conster...

No more than 170 CST... Any more is just overkill. As much DEX and INT as you can get. That's from my own testing and I get the best results with my current Conster who is 160 CST with around 110 INT/DEX. As the INT/DEX went up the results only got better.

People will disagree with me, but I have a satisfied customer base and have levelled 4 constructors, some well above the 200 CST mark. The CST points look good when you're offering your services, granted, but do little to effect the end results in terms of average slottage. Since the quality cap hits naturally at 150 CST (with CST Implants), It's hard to suggest you will ever need more than that. Initially I would go up to 170 for rare building, but you can LOM a bit of that off as your INT/DEX goes up and re-invest in other INT sub-skills.

ElfinLord
20-02-04, 03:00
Don't worry QD, I got ya' covered. :p

Here's is the "formula" according to the Skills Guide:

Originally posted here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477)
Construction: 0.25(25%) DEX + 0.1(10%) INT + 0.6(60%) CST
Also, you may find this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42589) to be an intersting read.

Especially Thanatos' comment toward the end of the thread:

Originally posted by Thanatos
For construction the influences are 60% Construction subskill, 25% DEX and 15% INT. Nothing else matters.

The only thing influencing the number of slots on an item is its quality. The higher the quality, the higher the chance to get slots. What is considered is the final quality of the item, not the pre-cap quality.

Omnituens
20-02-04, 04:27
so, by my reconing, if you have top level cst like 230+ and you build a rare, you'll get higher % quality on it (even though it is random) so therefore slot chance is higher?

mdares
20-02-04, 04:32
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
If you're making a conster...

No more than 170 CST... Any more is just overkill. As much DEX and INT as you can get. That's from my own testing and I get the best results with my current Conster who is 160 CST with around 110 INT/DEX. As the INT/DEX went up the results only got better.

People will disagree with me, but I have a satisfied customer base and have levelled 4 constructors, some well above the 200 CST mark. The CST points look good when you're offering your services, granted, but do little to effect the end results in terms of average slottage. Since the quality cap hits naturally at 150 CST (with CST Implants), It's hard to suggest you will ever need more than that. Initially I would go up to 170 for rare building, but you can LOM a bit of that off as your INT/DEX goes up and re-invest in other INT sub-skills.

while i know this to be true, i dont think its an absolute... i cap all non-rare builds with my TL 100 base cst (115 with gluv)... i have 129 dex and 95 int (stupid PA; no cst imps)... for the highest tl builds (punisher) I give myself a cstboost 1 and i cap build with 120 cst... i'v also done holy ppu buffs and got decent slots (by decent i mean atleast one 3+ slot out of every 10)... but only down side to having my low base CST is that i tend to fail a few times... (i also did rares but only melees so i guess no one cares since anyone and their grandma can slot a melee :p)

FatDogg
20-02-04, 04:52
when you look at the values in the skill manager on the forum there is a cap to those values, what is the cap? they never told us, log onto the test server. when you have cst'd about 1000 rares at various point values from the formula and find the peak I'll believe you, remember take screen shots of every item.:angel:

I dont think there is any special number or voodoo to csting, but I do have constructors that I go to all the time because they have had good performance on previous builds, and you know what *I don't know how high their skills are*. what I think is more important than how your skills are laid out is your reputation. again, thats just me though....

JackScratch
20-02-04, 06:15
No, 230 CST wont help because all items have a quality cap, once your skill caps that quality, any more skill will do nothing.

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 08:06
I forgot the damned thing was in the skill guide now...rofl.. I just couldn't be bothered to scroll through the search when I knew some of the CSTers around knew it :p

Thx for the backup hehe

Omnituens
20-02-04, 11:54
Originally posted by JackScratch
No, 230 CST wont help because all items have a quality cap, once your skill caps that quality, any more skill will do nothing.
thats none rares, i was refering to rares. if you can get a high TL constructor, the random stats should be on average higher, therefore higher slot chance. in theory this should work, but i get the feeling that this higher quality = better chance does not apply to rares; the slot number might not be influenced by the quality, and the chance of slots is the same no matter who builds it.

if this is the case, it should be fixed.

Nightbrother
20-02-04, 11:57
A capped spy will spurt out max. quality rares (yes, the %'s are random, though higher) at 135, I believe. Maybe even lower. I've had 2 rares built with 3 and 5 slots by a 140 cst capped spy.

]v[ortice
20-02-04, 15:03
@Omni

That would be the obvious answer. But sadly it isn't the case. Every rare I've built since I lommed down to 160 CST has been of Perfect Quality bordering on artifact and usually with 1 Artifcat stat at least. With regards to slottage I generally have slotted Rare and non-rare items a lot more than when I was T/L 210 just a month ago. Out of 10 none-rare builds I'm normallly guaranteed a 3 slotter or above.

@Fatdogg

I don't use the Test Server sorry man. If you are on it, make a char with the same stats as my conster shown above and build as many stuff as you like. The results are very pleasing. I don't really need to test him cause I've been playing for a year and a half and done enough of my own research to know what I'm talking about. Like I said, I have a satisfied customer base. I'm talking players who don't use anyone other than my conster or a select few others for their rares. People are slowly realising the power of the refined constructors :)

Omnituens
20-02-04, 15:13
the constructing skill needs fixing.

1) Like combat skills, at skill 169 you are now certain to get at least 1 slots on rare

2) More cst skill = higher quality. ALWAYS.

3) slot chance is also influenced by cst skill

4) higher the TL of the tool used the higher non-rares cap quality, up to 105% on the stats.

thats all i can think of for now.

Strych9
20-02-04, 15:14
Slots and quality on rares are random. You can have the same constructor, with nothing different, build 2 Cursed Souls in a row. One might have 1 slot and be 112% or so in each stat, and the next be 120% in each stat and 3 slots.

Slots on non-rares are random, but your chances are best for slots if you built said item to the highest quality level possible. Int, Dex, and Construction skill determine this.

Just read the old threads EelfinLord linked. It all still applies.

]v[ortice
20-02-04, 17:41
If I was to setup a test server account and try and gather some results in a set environment to look at high CST vs mid CST vs low CST on rare and none-rare items, would I be abusing the test server?

I agree that slots and stats are random on rares and slots on none-rares but my theory indicates that you can influence the bandwidth... or the scope in which the randomness takes place. There has to be a bandwidth or we would be making rares with stats like 107 9 120 54 all the time.

Currently I would say my bandwidth is between 109 and 120 on my constructor for all stats on rare weapons. Mostly hitting between 115 and 120 with the odd stat dropping down to about 110.

Quite funny actually, me and a mate found a poor quality CS with stats around 30s and 40s! As if it was shop bought rubbish :)

Omnituens
20-02-04, 20:11
no, you can do that on the TS.

report your finding back to us please

Strych9
20-02-04, 20:15
If I was to setup a test server account and try and gather some results in a set environment to look at high CST vs mid CST vs low CST on rare and none-rare items, would I be abusing the test server?

I agree that slots and stats are random on rares and slots on none-rares but my theory indicates that you can influence the bandwidth... or the scope in which the randomness takes place. There has to be a bandwidth or we would be making rares with stats like 107 9 120 54 all the time.

Currently I would say my bandwidth is between 109 and 120 on my constructor for all stats on rare weapons. Mostly hitting between 115 and 120 with the odd stat dropping down to about 110.

Quite funny actually, me and a mate found a poor quality CS with stats around 30s and 40s! As if it was shop bought rubbish :) Just make sure you dont have too many variables. Keep the Int/Dex the same and just alter the construction skill if possible. And do enough builds, and please report back every build.

I personally have built hundreds of rares, and seen plenty more than that, and have never seen anyone build any rare with stats down in the 30s.

Spoon
21-02-04, 01:54
Quite funny actually, me and a mate found a poor quality CS with stats around 30s and 40s! As if it was shop bought rubbish :)

That's probably a GM spawned item......
I've got one of those on the Test Server.....

The lowest stat rare I've seen is a 1 slot Malidiction I have on Saturn "cool stats(in the low 100's)" and the overall condition is "Outstanding"......:o
Only paid 250k for it, tho.....

Netphreak
21-02-04, 03:06
Personnally a constructors CST skill isn't a big issue for me.
A high lvl spy with about 160-170 CST is more than enough for any weapon. And a if you know the person or they have a decnet reputation that helps too.
My best constructed gun 3 slot artifact pain easer (yes i know its only 3 slots but it was made at artifact quality pitty i modded it stupidly thinking a chamber would increase the freq further while i had the same R-C) was made by a spy with 160 CST and his dex was around the 100 mark thats with imps.