PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Make Yo's a true cut-rate discount shop!

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 20:15
Right now, I'm thinking Yo's are overpowered!

I think their selection simply has to be nerfed!

They shouldn't sell any stealth tools.

They shouldn't sell any big packs of lube - only the small tubes.

They shouldn't sell tradeskill tools past TL 30.

Whatever Yo's sell armors/drugs/weapons/shit.... make them sell only the first level ones (the shit kind). That means kevlar armor (yes, let them sell all 3 levels of it). That means the red drugs (that only give a small + to stats, like thryonol and detrosol). That means the first level types of nailguns and colts, street rifles/shotguns, and knife/bats, and only up to lances/level 2 buffs for the monks.

Come on guys! With this change, this means street hawkers and all that get a chance to shine with their wider selections and higher quality since they're independents and smugglers.

Eddie
09-03-04, 21:48
Wow.. so many people don't like this :|

I'm liking this idea...because Yo's is for skint people, selling cheaper, inferior goods.
Make it sell the lube.. but only small packs.

What I'm thinking is make all weapons that are sold from HEW/A&W to be construct quality (albiet with NO slots.. so they are still useless to everyone), but let Yo's sell a few of the (lower TL) weapons/goods that are at shite quality.. quality which is currently sold at A&W at the moment, but for much much cheaper.

That would make a lot of sense!!

Small changes like this would mean a lot .. whilst taking up very little manpower to implement.

Eddie

cRazy2003
09-03-04, 21:52
yea i think YO's should be like that, id also like to see another form of yo's for more expensive things like black markets and pawn shops :p

Heavyporker
10-03-04, 10:03
Hmmm... yeah... but HEW/A&W would have to become at least 40% more expensive to cover the higher quality.

With Yo's inventory and quality limited, this means the street hawkers and nomad traders could fill in a real niche with either higher levels of items or better quality of items.

I mean, case in point - why go to the Outzone Mall since there's a Yo's Mall right by it?

Benjie
10-03-04, 10:05
Yo's aint broken missy.

Heavyporker
10-03-04, 11:42
Ohh... such a clever witticism. I shiver before your mighty mental thews.

Btw... YO's are broken. They aren't properly balanced in relation to their supposed role as pawn shops and convience stores.