PDA

View Full Version : Is droner rank EVER going to be fixxed?

Shujin
19-02-04, 20:02
they've played with monk ranks to try to fix them and they did fix the melee tank non tech rank.

but will u dudes at kk PLEASE try to fix droners ranks its fucking ridiculous.

the only way for a droner not to have a high ass rank is if they are tradeskiller droner, and i think its a bit fucked up ur forced to be tradeskill and droner to avoid a damn bug.

im pure droner going to be droner / hacker when im higher level, atm im pure drone because i cannot cap my drones without being pure droning.

however because im pure droning my rank is 61/32.
and thats with a fuckin LE in... WTF u know how annoying it is to level like that? other classes can level in agg celler still a /32. but drones, we have to go out into the wastelands and constantly get new drones because our weak ass drones blow up fast as hell. specially when ur only at /32 >;|

and dont fuckin say "well you should have such a high rank because you choose to be pure droning" well thats pure bullshit because people are pure other shit and not that high rank. Pure melee tank isnt nearly that high, Pure nontech Pistol / Rifle PE / Spy isnt that high.

why the fuck should droners have such high ranking?!
the #/rank is combat rank is it not?? have u ever seen a droner in combat? i havent, ive seen their drones in combat and they usually blow up after like 10 secs ;P

a bit of a contradiction that someone with such a high COMBAT rank cant actually kik ass in combat..

Nexxy
19-02-04, 20:03
Sounds like a good bug to me....Can just go leach off a cave team

Shujin
19-02-04, 20:04
Originally posted by Nexxy
Sounds like a good bug to me....Can just go leach off a cave team true they jus now fixxed drone team gainage stuff

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 20:05
Its not bugged, you get that rank cos you are doing ridiculous damage and you level fast becos of it ...

I dont see the problem ...

Shujin
19-02-04, 20:08
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Its not bugged, you get that rank cos you are doing ridiculous damage and you level fast becos of it ...

I dont see the problem ... umm i dont do shit for damage dude. ridiculous damage is a pure apu monk thats 40/30 killing an agg capt in 1 maybe 2 hits.

it takes me at least 8 bursts to kill an agg capt at rank 60/32

and ur fuckin sentence is a contradiction
"you are doing ridiculous damage and you level fast becos of it ..."

umm...
doing high damage doesnt mean SHIT for exp, it just means u kill the agg capt faster. the number of times u hit the agg and the TL of ur wep and ur rank determins ur exp not damage.

if i got a Low level agg captain, and a low level drone ( only like TL 50 ) and my rank is 60 how the fuck am i gettin any exp.

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 20:09
51/23 here on a LEd Droner

doing 7 dmg with an shop bought Gatling Drone on an Launcher cyclops. (24%) sum it up to the stats cap youll prolly do 30dmg.

Am i leet with 30Dmg?

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 20:10
Get some drugs / some higher tl drones then ... droners are the most drug friendly class to play

Disturbed021
19-02-04, 20:11
Originally posted by Mighty Max
51/23 here on a LEd Droner

doing 7 dmg with an shop bought Gatling Drone on an Launcher cyclops. (24%) sum it up to the stats cap youll prolly do 30dmg.

Am i leet with 30Dmg?

well with a rof like 400+ on the gat drone, um yeah actually :p

Whitestuff
19-02-04, 20:11

I dont see the problem ...

The problem is he is doing rediculous damage to mobs that give him no exp cause his rank is so high. 60/32 versus an aggie capt who is 30/30. That's 2x the battle rank = almost no exp at all. The best exp comes from yellow colored enemies and that is based on your battle rank number.

Shujin
19-02-04, 20:12
Get some drugs / some higher tl drones then ... droners are the most drug friendly class to play dude jus stfu u shouldnt have to do drugs , and druggin will fuckin increase ur rank more. and higher tl drones will too.

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 20:12
Yeah, but i get an even higher Combat rank with drugs. WTF does a 70/25 droner do? He doesnt get shit of the MOBs he can hunt. He even does not get the full prize of a WB, which he cant kill...

Tho i see that a PvP skilled droner can make some ... ugh confusion ... hehe, but im LEd and dont PK.

Strych9
19-02-04, 20:13

I dont see the problem ... Yeah, sorry man, but you are WAY wrong on this.

Drones have some SERIOUS gaps in terms of effective levelling drones.

The hightes TL gatling drone... the TL 75 GAL3000... on a 80/80 warbot does about 11 pts per bullet I think. Yeah its a very high rate of fire... but the drone runs out of ammo in a heartbeat and blow up when a warbot farts.

The TL 75 Tangent Speed Gat does about 45 pts per bullet with a comparable ROF. And the droners rank with the GAL3000 is goofy high- almost double that which you get with a TSG.

Droners do decent damage and yes they level fast- but not to the point that it mandates that rediculous rank.

LTA
19-02-04, 20:14
Ae Drone + Grave = Cappage

First ae drone i get i head of to Graves, whatever rank i am then dont matter i level nicely.....

Whitestuff
19-02-04, 20:14
Get some drugs / some higher tl drones then ... droners are the most drug friendly class to play

He can't get higher TL drones cause he isn't gaining exp which means he isn't leveling. Higher TL drones require higher DEX lvls, see the catch 22?

BTW 43/25 droner here, I feel your pain.

Glok
19-02-04, 20:15
Originally posted by Shujin
umm i dont do shit for damage dude. ridiculous damage is a pure apu monk thats 40/30 killing an agg capt in 1 maybe 2 hits.Not to stray off the topic, but my APU was out hunting warbots at **/25, and has only died once doing so, and that was because the game froze. Killing aggies at 40/30 is silly.

Shujin
Originally posted by LTA
Ae Drone + Grave = Cappage

First ae drone i get i head of to Graves, whatever rank i am then dont matter i level nicely..... ive been in graves past 2 days, i havent leveled fast. and with a Ae drone.

Disturbed021
Yeah, but i get an even higher Combat rank with drugs. WTF does a 70/25 droner do? He doesnt get shit of the MOBs he can hunt. He even does not get the full prize of a WB, which he cant kill...

Well don't really know what all the fuss is about.

I started a droner they other day and at rank 18/10 was killin aggie capts, moved to Launchers at 30/15, moved to wbs at 40/20 and have been hunting them since.
Now I am 50/35 still hunting wbs making good exp and get every drop...unless he spawns his friends while I'm hacking :(

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 20:16
whatever ... :rolleyes:

LTA
19-02-04, 20:17
ive been in graves past 2 days, i havent leveled fast. and with a Ae drone.

Dunno what your doing wrong then, i went pure droner, had a massive rank due to the wpw/RCL and leveled from about 20 dex to 90 in 3/4 days, just got so bored i couldnt be arsed to stay to 100 so deleted the char and made something else :(

Strych9
19-02-04, 20:18
Its curious that people get defensive when someone says they shouldnt have a rank of 70/32 on their droner.

What is so offensive about that?

Tanks cant even GET to 70/. At all. With a fully capped CS.

Yet a mid level droner can get *** no problem?

And people think that is okay?

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 20:19
But i have to admit that you level extremely fast in the lower levels tho. But it gets a pain to level anything else then INT/DEX

Yet you cant group with that huge ranks. Where u can join the team in the XP range you cant do shit to the mobs, and where you do the dmg all others have WAY to low ranks.

And Con? Hmm only occasions you level con = you dead. Or you you are exploiting ....

:edit:
I get about 50 credits when killing a Aggi at lvl /23. Thats when others get 50credits for killing a rat with the same skill-rank and about the same dmg to mobs...

:edit2:
http://mightymax.org/noreward.png

Elroy Jetson
19-02-04, 20:30
I just recently switched my constr rifle spy to drones. Due to the fact i hear that drones kick ass for lvling int and dex. I don't know what its like to lvl up a droner from scratch, i don't want to. i hear the str, con and psi lvling is pathetic.

Anyways. i made a fleet of Punishers and took them to the graves. i think the key to AoE is to hit as many with one shot as possible. I left the grave after clearing it. with 3.2mill more int and dex xp.

But as a constr i don't want to waist any int on willpower so i will lom when capped.

As for pvp, LOL nothing better to take out all the silly lookin melee tanks than a drone. I've even taken out ppu's with a Misquito. Good fun i say :D

So I really like droneing and decided to start a rifle spy and once i cap str, con and psi i will lom him to drones :D

Spoon
19-02-04, 23:38
ive been in graves past 2 days, i havent leveled fast. and with a Ae drone.

hmmm, what's your DEX level and what TL are the drones your using?....

Part of the problem for Droner ranks is the easy availablity of store bought implants, it's too tempting to go get them poked in right away, thus boosting rank even more.....

I don't have much of a problem getting more XP(I just keep using higher and higher TL drones), it's more the money reduction that slows me up.....

But with any class, once you hit 70-75 base skill, and have millions to go between levels, instead of 100's of thousands, it becomes tedious(at least in does for me).....

Dont Mess
20-02-04, 00:56
my droners 41/67 and thats with a pun out

lol

its coz im a gimp and have 126 rcl just enough 2 use the pun

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 01:00
Yup droner rank is one of the reasons they're the fastest bi-stat leveling weapon class in the game.
Are you sure you wanna change it Shujin?

retr0n
20-02-04, 01:05
I recently moved to the pluto server. I made a combat char but soon
realised i need someone to hunt for techs with and I really want to
keep my combat char pure combat. So i decided to start a second
account, thought for a long time what kind of a class I want for hunting.

In the end I decided to make a PvM only hybrid since I will be able
to hack, do descent damage and be able to heal myself effectivly.

Well the picture below sais it all.
http://www.invertedmotion.com/temp/hybridrank.gif

All i can say is my hybrid didnt last long. I was lucky if i got 200k on
a cave run so leveling was REALLY boring. He got rerolled.

My point is hybrid ranks are just as stupid as droners. Please either
make everybody able to hit 3 stars and adjust xp gain after that
or nerf our ranks to two stars only so we also can enjoy normal
exp gain like the other classes. I really wanted a hybrid, but i had to
go with rifle hybrid since they dont hit 3 stars untill capped / near capped.
and then i dont really care since it's for hunting only.

My 2 cents.

Shujin
20-02-04, 01:10
retron, i thought kk are trying to kill hybrids, why would they care their rank is high

retr0n
20-02-04, 01:19
retron, i thought kk are trying to kill hybrids, why would they care their rank is high

I believe you are wrong there. They are now trying to make hybrids
a viable class (in a wrong way imo, since they are screwing up pures a bit).
They just unnerfed hybrids from 30% to 5% so i dont think that's
trying to kill them.

However that was not what the post was about, I want the ranks
fixed, give all classes the ability to reach 3 stars (would prefer
this since 3 stars looks cool ;)) and adjust the exp gain accordigly
or just nerf our ranks.

I think every class capped/near capped should be able to get ***
though.

StryfeX
20-02-04, 01:24
The stupid-high hybrid ranks were a byproduct of the original hybrid nerf (PPU had a 25% malus [I think] on APU and vice versa) because they truly did want to kill the uber hybrids. Since the reduction of the hybrid nerf (down to 5%), the need for these stupid-high ranks has passed. Especially since they made all the high level APU spells out of reach from a pure hybrid.

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 01:28
Originally posted by StryfeX
The stupid-high hybrid ranks were a byproduct of the original hybrid nerf (PPU had a 25% malus [I think] on APU and vice versa) because they truly did want to kill the uber hybrids. Since the reduction of the hybrid nerf (down to 5%), the need for these stupid-high ranks has passed. Especially since they made all the high level APU spells out of reach from a pure hybrid.

--Stryfe Erm No.

the 25% Malus was introduced only a short while ago, it wasn't the original hybrid nerf.

This "uber rank" - I'm not sure exactly where it originated from but, it's been there since well before november 2002.
The cause of the high rank has changed though (it used to be having high APU and PPU damage) since now Monk rank is primarily gained, by excessive PPW.

retr0n
20-02-04, 01:30
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Erm No.

the 25% Malus was introduced only a short while ago, it wasn't the original hybrid nerf.

This "uber rank" - I'm not sure exactly where it originated from but, it's been there since well before november 2002.
The cause of the high rank has changed though (it used to be having high APU and PPU damage) since now Monk rank is primarily gained, by excessive PPW.

I've also heard that PPW does a major rank boost. Not sure about
that thoug, I had about 93 PPW if i remember correctly on my
hybrid with imps and all.

FatDogg
20-02-04, 01:32
I feel your pain shujin, I remember runnning around as a 4/52 with my blade of ceres.... ahhh the good old bugs....

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 01:36
Originally posted by retr0n
I've also heard that PPW does a major rank boost. Not sure about
that thoug, I had about 93 PPW if i remember correctly on my
hybrid with imps and all. That suprises me, since to be a decent hybrid (back with the APU kami period) you needed to massively overspec PPW because it overcame the malus from PPU/APU..

-
I'm talking about very high rank though.
127/xx, kinda rank ;)

StryfeX
20-02-04, 01:55
Erm No.

The cause of the high rank has changed though (it used to be having high APU and PPU damage) since now Monk rank is primarily gained, by excessive PPW. So sue me. I don't play monks, nor do I care to. :rolleyes:

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 01:58
So sue me. I don't play monks, nor do I care to. :rolleyes:

--Stryfe I didn't exactly call you an idiot, did I?
I simply corrected something that I saw as potentially derailing :p
A lot of people read things around here and go "oh fact!" and then work from that basis, it makes them look stupid.

All I did was correct an honest mistake o_O

mdares
20-02-04, 02:34
Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
I just recently switched my constr rifle spy to drones. Due to the fact i hear that drones kick ass for lvling int and dex. I don't know what its like to lvl up a droner from scratch, i don't want to. i hear the str, con and psi lvling is pathetic.

Anyways. i made a fleet of Punishers and took them to the graves. i think the key to AoE is to hit as many with one shot as possible. I left the grave after clearing it. with 3.2mill more int and dex xp.

But as a constr i don't want to waist any int on willpower so i will lom when capped.

As for pvp, LOL nothing better to take out all the silly lookin melee tanks than a drone. I've even taken out ppu's with a Misquito. Good fun i say :D

So I really like droneing and decided to start a rifle spy and once i cap str, con and psi i will lom him to drones :D

exactly... if u wanna lvl a droner from start then ur gonna be in for a LLLOOOONNNNGGGGGGG ass time... but just go rifle then cap wit htat; then lom to drones... u can recap real quick... i get like 5 mil dex/int in 1 hour using a combo of mos/pn/pun/revenge...

OpTi
20-02-04, 02:46
RG drones + graves, where's the problem lvling? o_O

i have a droner who lvl'd first by constructing then went to grave soon as i could use a RG-50

and i lvl'd like a mofo

StryfeX
20-02-04, 11:06
I didn't exactly call you an idiot, did I?
I simply corrected something that I saw as potentially derailing :p
A lot of people read things around here and go "oh fact!" and then work from that basis, it makes them look stupid.

All I did was correct an honest mistake o_O Sorry. Long day at work + urge to play with new toy (laptop) = grouchy me

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 11:11
Sorry. Long day at work + urge to play with new toy (laptop) = grouchy me

--Stryfe No probs'n'no hard feelins lol..

I think you probably only got it mixed up because of your break :p

Opti - Quite right.
I think droners (if supplied with drones the whole way...) can probably cap INT/DEX in close to 20 hours....

StryfeX
20-02-04, 11:17
No probs'n'no hard feelins lol..

I think you probably only got it mixed up because of your break :pYou're probably right. There was a 2 month time period where I only popped in from time to time to glance at any significant changes they made. Not to mention that I've never been much of a monk player to begin with. ;)

Opti - Quite right.
I think droners (if supplied with drones the whole way...) can probably cap INT/DEX in close to 20 hours....Oh man... I don't even want to think about how much resources it would take to do something like that. Not to mention the time involved in actually making all those drones to begin with. :eek:

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 11:27

Oh man... I don't even want to think about how much resources it would take to do something like that. Not to mention the time involved in actually making all those drones to begin with. :eek:

--Stryfe

Hahah^
The reason I look at things that way (even though I admit even I dread to think of doing that for a droner) is because it's how I leveled my tank ..every next weapon he had was in his gogu ready for him to power level off (Tank cap time for STR = roughly 16 hours).
Same for my PPU (though occasionally I found myself using the store bought spells because no one was around to make spells while me'n'Saitoh(APU doing the same thing I was with Kenshin) were leveling.

Heh.
The irony is - I spent maybe two months leveling my first character, slowly, enjoying it the whole way actually.
Now? I hate PvM I can't stand leveling...
That's the main reason I'm a power leveler because I want leveling gone, done, out of the way ASAP...

Hense the arduous task of building all those drones before I even roll :D

Mighty Max
20-02-04, 11:37
Now? I hate PvM I can't stand leveling...
That's the main reason I'm a power leveler because I want leveling gone, done, out of the way ASAP...

I wonder if the genre MMORPG is the right one then.

QuantumDelta
20-02-04, 11:43
I wonder if the genre MMORPG is the right one then. Well it depends on what you deem "RPG" - It's still stat based, leveling required, PvM required.

TBH that doesn't make an RPG Game to me...
Playing a role, or watching a story unfold, or creating a story/role - that's a roleplaying game to me.

I also couldn't stand not being capped on my characters because everyone would typically go "Its QDs tank omfg if it isn't good omfg" - they just expect my characters to be good...
Same with my PPU, same with my Spy, and APU...

Then again I also can't stand being weak.
I don't exactly just level up to PvP...but things are expected of me :/

Strych9
20-02-04, 15:43
Did someone actually say its quicker to cap a spy with rifles than drones????

I find that HARD to believe.

The RG1000 and Punisher + snake graves = super fast experience. Far more and far quicker than a rifle spy can dream of. I have seen countless rifle and pistol spies reroll or LOM to droning, but I have yet to see a droner LOM to rifles or pistols, unless they capped and just wanted to switch.

:confused:

ZoomZoom
20-02-04, 22:03
oi leave droners alone i wub my droner now rank 91/50 i could kiss him :)

ZoomZoom
20-02-04, 22:05
the reason why u get uber exp from graves is only because u havnt got a leeching ppu there taking half ur xp.

plus now days u always need a ppu to power lvl.

Strych9
20-02-04, 22:13
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
the reason why u get uber exp from graves is only because u havnt got a leeching ppu there taking half ur xp.

plus now days u always need a ppu to power lvl. Nah. Graves are good for drones because they have

1. High level mobs. Lowest level is what, 70/70?
2. Grouped close together
3. In a small area
4. A super safe place to leave your body
5. A end boss mob that can drop techs and rare armor

So for the RG1000, there arent too many places you can end up shooting several 70/70 and higher mobs at the same time. Actually, only really one other place, that being the Chaos Caves.

Even if you have 5 droners in there all sharing exp, it still is worth it because youcan just clear it out that much faster and then reset it.

:)

Shujin
20-02-04, 22:48
Originally posted by Strych9
Nah. Graves are good for drones because they have

1. High level mobs. Lowest level is what, 70/70?
2. Grouped close together
3. In a small area
4. A super safe place to leave your body
5. A end boss mob that can drop techs and rare armor

So for the RG1000, there arent too many places you can end up shooting several 70/70 and higher mobs at the same time. Actually, only really one other place, that being the Chaos Caves.

Even if you have 5 droners in there all sharing exp, it still is worth it because youcan just clear it out that much faster and then reset it.

:) question. poison doesnt hurt drones, but does fire?
and if drones arent hurt in graves are they hurt in underground city and are they hurt in batqueen cave?

Mighty Max
20-02-04, 22:59
Poison hurts, but really low. It seems that it is only the initial damage is done, and that is in poison only /4 of the fire's dmg.

Fire does dmg. But most MOBs going with fire against you dont hit you that often...

Shujin
20-02-04, 23:00
Poison hurts, but really low. It seems that it is only the initial damage is done, and that is in poison only /4 of the fire's dmg.

Fire does dmg. But most MOBs going with fire against you dont hit you that often... you are quite the sexy manbeast you are...

Shadow Dancer
20-02-04, 23:06
Originally posted by ZoomZoom

Zoom is right too.