PDA

View Full Version : Pluto....land of the factionless. I say let them.

ghandisfury
19-02-04, 19:40
Here's the deal. I'm getting pretty tired of running around, having a good time...leveling, PP fighting, tech hunting, and seeing a "friendly/allied" face and getting shot at. This is exeadingly frustrating for one simple fact. It's a lose/lose situation. If I stand there, and get killed...sure he'll lose SL, but I get to lose an item. If I fight and kill him, I lose SL. So I digress, people on Pluto want to play the bad guy, and not follow allies/neutral game mechanics, I say LET THEM!! But don't make me suffer whether or not I win or lose.

KK, please get the clan war system working to where if I'm in BT and another clan is in BT but they insist on killing me I can put them on my "KOS" list and they will be red (and I will be red to them as well). Once this is done, double the SI penalty. This I believe would solve quite a bit of the people taking advantage of a system that KK enstated.

I would also like to see a "personal vendeta" system that a player could do. Both players accept the vendeta and voila.....they are red to eachother and don't lose SL/FS.

If you likey likey vote 5 stars.

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 19:47
Not the SL penalty, really.. I think it's best that the symp penalty increases...

Shadow Dancer
19-02-04, 19:48
AMEN ghandi.

ghandisfury
19-02-04, 21:53
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Not the SL penalty, really.. I think it's best that the symp penalty increases...
Why is that? With the "system" above you couldn't just go out and gank somebody without informing him that you are enemies....unless you *wanted* to be at -sl.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
AMEN ghandi.

Ty:D

Leebzie
19-02-04, 21:57
Thats a cool idea... if someone wants to be allied and a pain in the ass at the same time, welcome to the KOS list. Now we can settle our differences with bullets.

(both players would have to agree imho, but there's something in it for both of them, and if they want to fight, why not ?)

This would be a great step for pvp. (and no progress for 'random pvp' because both players would have to want to kill each other first, and now they can do it regardless of faction symps)

KramerTheWeird
19-02-04, 21:58
I think there should be more forced faction awareness in my opinion. The SL rules should be heavier. Clan war functions should not be effective against allies.

•Super|\|ova•
19-02-04, 22:01
The faction system is fine. The people are fucked.

KramerTheWeird
19-02-04, 22:04
Yes all people can get through their heads is past aggressions and regardless what factions they are they'll help start a war with them, they have absolutely no consciencense of the factions, their roles and who they are expected to fight, ignore, or side with.

ghandisfury
19-02-04, 22:20
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
I think there should be more forced faction awareness in my opinion. The SL rules should be heavier. Clan war functions should not be effective against allies.
I tend to disagree for two reasons. 1) It's a game, and people should be alowed to play how they want to play (imo), but *I* should not be penalised for them playing the want to play. 2) People have disagreements, or personal conflicts that may warrent same-faction wars.

•Super|\|ova•
20-02-04, 00:19
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I tend to disagree for two reasons. 1) It's a game, and people should be alowed to play how they want to play (imo), but *I* should not be penalised for them playing the want to play. 2) People have disagreements, or personal conflicts that may warrent same-faction wars.

There is millions of ways to play a game. There is way less ways to play RPG though. And afaik NC is RPG.

leGit v. 2
20-02-04, 00:25
*cough* Carebear *cough*... man if you cant kill one guy for ONE SL hit.. your carebear bro

ghandisfury
20-02-04, 00:40
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
There is millions of ways to play a game. There is way less ways to play RPG though. And afaik NC is RPG.
Yes, of course NC is RPG.....and that's what I'm trying to encourage. *More* ways to RPG, and have the game mechanics support it.

Originally posted by leGit v. 2
*cough* Carebear *cough*... man if you cant kill one guy for ONE SL hit.. your carebear bro
:lol: :lol:

Yes, that's exactly what I am.....A carebear that has been around for more than a year longer than you...all the while supporting PvP, and asking KK to have game mechanics support *all* different styles of play.

ghandi teh carebear.

•Super|\|ova•
20-02-04, 01:45
Originally posted by leGit v. 2

It's not about the SL. It's about ppl ruining the game by not following the RPG setting made for us by KK. It ruins the storyline and it ruins what the game stands for. It's like IRL if your country is with war with some other country and you start killing your allies who have come to aid your country. Yes, you CAN do that but that's just retarded.

G.0.D.
20-02-04, 02:33
I think Neutral factions should have a lowerd SL loss from killing each other...

That dosnt fix your delema but would be a dream to me!

maybe make it so if player X does 10%+ dmg to player Y befor player Y attacks player X then player Y would loose no SL killing player X?

EDIT: Wasnt the war system sposed to be implimented mounths ago.. ohh wait forgot gatta wait for DOY :mad:

Saito Hajime
20-02-04, 05:23
Voted no, not because I think its a bad idea. But for 2 reasons.
1)Pluto players wont bother even with those changes, nothing will change, it will be "oh look, someone who has no chance vs me, regardless of faction or whatever, I MUST KILL HIM."
and after they do the reason why will be, "i was bored". this is unavoidable because so many neocron players are griefer shitheads.
2)KK has other problems to fix first, before we make tons of changes to an ignored system within the game, lets try to iron out more of the bugs.
Humble (though it may not sound that way, heh) opinion only
Saito

Keiron
20-02-04, 06:15
Step 1 - Make an "aggression tag". If you attack someone and they kill you, they don't lose SL. If you kill them, it follows normal rules.
Step 2 - Make clan wars work.

El_MUERkO
20-02-04, 12:52
Why dont KK just make Anarchy Breed playable, while in Anarchy Breed your enemies to all other factions + the copbots + stormbots + DOY guards which means you cant go into either city, mb, th or tg canyon but you could live in the outzone jail whos guards would be friendly to you even if you have positive soul light.

•Super|\|ova•
20-02-04, 12:56
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Why dont KK just make Anarchy Breed playable, while in Anarchy Breed your enemies to all other factions + the copbots + stormbots + DOY guards which means you cant go into either city, mb, th or tg canyon but you could live in the outzone jail whos guards would be friendly to you even if you have positive soul light.

Umm... Anarchy Breed could go to TG since they are either neutral or allied to them. If they would change that it would really suck. After all they have the same primary faction enemy.

El_MUERkO
20-02-04, 13:01
OK fair enough that'd make the faction more playable as well, but it would give those clans that want to PvP everyone a way to do it without having to worry about SL loss and in return everyone knows what to expect when they see a AB tagged runner.