PDA

View Full Version : Am i a carebear?

iainy13
19-02-04, 19:05
this is why i might be
-dont like to kill people in back
-dont like killing people with low hp to begin with
-dont like killing people who are looting
-dont like killing people basicly with any kind of major disadvantage against them

I like it best when every fight im in the other person has a chance to win and i dont win by numbers or somthing. Also i dont ever kill noobs becouse i remember when my chars where noobs and killed alot. Am i a carebear?

and post reasons why dont just vote yes becouse u feel like bein an ass.

so that dousent insult anyone i iwll try 2 reword it

dont give an answer without giving reasons plz

Mumblyfish
19-02-04, 19:08
Originally posted by iainy13
I like it best when every fight im in the other person has a chance to win and i dont win by numbers or somthing. Also i dont ever kill noobs becouse i remember when my chars where noobs and killed alot. Am i a carebear?

Yes. If you don't kill allies and neutrals while they're levelling, then you're a bear of the care.

[/bitter]

Jest
19-02-04, 19:09
Nah, not a carebear. I like to have honor in fights as well, but as one of my clan mates said it best.

"If you fight an enemy on even terms, then you didn't prepare enough." ;)

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 19:09
yes, but you clearly want us all to say 'no' for some reason

cRazy2003
19-02-04, 19:10
its a fact that ur not, but i know other PK'rs will say u are
id call fighting same level chars more PvP'ing then PK'ing newbs, and that isnt carebearish, its just a part of the game youd rather not be a part of

iainy13
19-02-04, 19:25
yes, but you clearly want us all to say 'no' for some reason

ya i wonder why :rolleyes:

Devils Grace
19-02-04, 19:30
NOT only u are a carabear as i am an ass (not trying to be one, really am)

so again u r the biggest carabear of all

naimex
19-02-04, 19:35
not a carebear..

just... foolish..

you might fight fair, but you can be 100 % certain that your enemy wont.

iainy13
19-02-04, 19:38
i dont expect my enemies to do the same. come to think of it if they did nc would be realy boreing....

naimex
19-02-04, 19:44
Originally posted by iainy13
i dont expect my enemies to do the same. come to think of it if they did nc would be realy boreing....

then donīt fight fair..

ever stop to think that you might make it boring for the others ?

extract
19-02-04, 19:45
yea I got called a carebear on my mid lvl rifle spy the other night.....was coming back to GR at gabanium after a really healthy session of wb hunting....had like 1 clip of ammo left btw I was using a stabber pulserifle @ 150ish dmg% and no PA battle helmet.trouser 2 and a med energy belt

going towards GR....capped tank with CS starts shooting, whipped out stealth 1 used it ran a bit came unstealthed rather quickly got shot with a CS burst again stealthed had like 10HP before i finally GRd out.....

if I wouldnt have stealthed....I wouldve died, if i wouldve attempted to shoot back at a tank with CS with my uncapped non rare pulse rifle i wouldve needed a hell of alot more than one clip of ammo, and also to be fighting a tank with no skill whatsoever because 2 FULL CS bursts wouldve killed me......

its all in the ye of the beholder, I got called a carebear presumably because i used stealth in a manner to keep from dying.....but isnt that the point?

iainy13
19-02-04, 19:46
@ naimex

no that never occured to me ever even though i just throw it in your face that i obiously have :P besides i didnt say i dont do those things listed above. i said i dont like to.

@extract

he dmed yuo just to call you a carebear? also i gus you are right there is no clear definition for carebear. but then again thats why i didnt try to post one. i want to see what people think i am by their definition of carebear.

btw excuse my spellin mistakes plz

Whitestuff
19-02-04, 20:07
No you are not. You are honorable. But with this community, honor means exactly the bottom of my shoe.

That's why I balance my NC playing with real FPS games like CS. There is honor there (but admitedly, little children are ruining that genre too).

Judge
19-02-04, 20:56
You are not a carebear. Just honorable.... You would be a carebear if you:

1) Wanted more safezones
2) Wanted to remove player item drop
3) Wanted more stuff for LE'd people to do.
4) If you refused to fight (and weren't roleplaying a Ghandi type character).

ZoomZoom
19-02-04, 22:00
wooooho carebears go carebear

"CARESBEARS WILL FIGHT BACK"

Argent
19-02-04, 22:03
Originally posted by naimex
you might fight fair, but you can be 100 % certain that your enemy wont.

Then be it. At least I'm not an asshole.

ezza
19-02-04, 22:04
nah dunno about carebear, maybe depends on what you define as carebearish behaviour.

yeah its more honourable what your saying, but i dont do that honour thingy tbh.

imo carebears are people who need a ppu to wipe up after them:angel:

Rimase
19-02-04, 22:37
to me, "carebear" is Neocron';s culture and can be offencesive if you let it be. :p

edit:
uhm i mean "carebear" and neocron's culture mixed together and put into the future.... you know... :)

Vryce
19-02-04, 22:37
Well.....recently my TS const/spy came across a new 0/2 CA runner in PP3. Since he looked lost, I asked what he was doing in PP. ;)
His reply was, to the effect: "...are you going to kill me?" I told him, no, that even if I wanted to, I could'nt since he had his LE chip. After talking a bit, I gave him a cookie, and sent him on his way.

I guess that makes me a "care bear"; oh well. :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
19-02-04, 22:41
Sorry, the secret carebear society is not interested in letting you join just yet.

Please try again after complaining about the limitations of being an LE'd player, thank you.

:p

Jest
19-02-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Vryce
Well.....recently my TS const/spy came across a new 0/2 CA runner in PP3. Since he looked lost, I asked what he was doing in PP. ;)
His reply was, to the effect: "...are you going to kill me?" I told him, no, that even if I wanted to, I could'nt since he had his LE chip. After talking a bit, I gave him a cookie, and sent him on his way.

I guess that makes me a "care bear"; oh well. :rolleyes: I dont think not killing an LE newb makes you a carebear, you know, since its impossible and all. :p

sw1tch
20-02-04, 00:05
you are this sort of carebar

(flash movie) (http://uploads.ungrounded.net/content.php?id=53541&name=53541_caremovie.swf&title=Care%20Bears%20Messed%20up&date=1077166800&quality=b&uj=0&w=550&h=400)
:D

Vryce
20-02-04, 00:05
"...since it's impossible, and all". I know, Jest.
It's the part about giving him a cookie was what I meant. :lol:

While raising my right hand, "I hereby promise to not give any cookies to hostile faction newbies." :p

StryfeX
20-02-04, 00:18
You aren't a carebear. You're just honorable. But like has been said, that basically means you're a carebear to quite a bit of the NC community.

I'm part carebear. I want clans for LE'd users, but I certainly don't object to killing people. Hell, I smacked down a higher level CA out at Gabanium Mine the other day, simply because I felt like it. (Well, that and a lot of CA I run into these days are complete bastards anyway, and thus deserve to have a bullet or 3 put into their head. :D)

--Stryfe

FatDogg
20-02-04, 01:54
J00 N0 K33L EVRYB0DY!!111 J00 R TEH CAREBEAR!!!111

/set sarcastic_ass 0

I dont think you are a carebear, you just arent PvP oriented

]v[ortice
20-02-04, 02:18
You're not a carebear, you're honourable.

This game... well my server has gone to fucking pot. Too many dickheads think they're hard cause they can run up behind someone while they're levelling and kill them in cold blood. It's the sign of a true dickhead.

Just remember. If someone did it to you... do it back to them twice as much. They had no excuse and you have vengeance on your side. I have about 5 people on my list who will die by my sword even if they're on 1 HLT with 50% SI and no imps. They die because they've been arseholes to me in the past. Trouble is they never go anywhere withourt a PPU or 12 of their mates.

The same dickheads join the biggest clans on your server so they don't have to fear any retribution. The same dickheads won't fight you 1v1 if you offered them a fair fight after they killed you from behind. The same dickheads who do nothing but run their mouth in plaza or on trade. The same dickheads who would kill a 0/2 because his target box is red. The same dickheads who don't tip for pokes/const/research. The same dickheads who empty your belt while you're team levelling. The same dickheads who cause trouble between your clan and a friends clan because of the shit that they started. The same dickheads who run away from blatantly fair fights. The same dickheads who left your clan and emptied your cabinets and gave ur clan pass out on trade.

That breed of shithouse is of the highest order.

Neocron is a harsh world. Too many shithouses and not enough people like you or I ;)

Shadow Dancer
20-02-04, 02:36
I don't consider you honorable or a carebear. To me a carebear is someone who wants everything easy, without challenge, and/or without risk.

L0KI
20-02-04, 02:39
i voted yes

purely because i think this is a pointless, spam thread.

]v[ortice
20-02-04, 02:50
I have to disagree fang.

This thread is about morals and a different point of view when playing the game if you read into what the poor blighter was trying to get across in his initial point.

The game shouldn't be KOS orientated but sadly it is.

Why should we kill somone with a red hitbox simply because it's red? It's a choice thing. I bet you've enjoyed the fights more when the odds were stacked against you. I remember the story of you coming from the U/G and wasting 9 guys by urself in an OP fight. You got more enjoyment out of that than when you emptied your libby into that n00bie in O/Z station because he was passing by when we were getting ready for an OP fight.

That's why fight night was so cool when you organised it. Simply because you know what a thrill a fair fight is and how to deliver it.

iainy13
20-02-04, 03:13
i voted yes
purely because i think this is a pointless, spam thread.

Ok by saying that you are spamming in your own opinion. Kinda an oxi moron.

SigmaDraconis
20-02-04, 03:51
most people will refer to you as a carebear if you arent as large an asshole as they are....so to 90% or so of the NC community YES you are a carebear ^^

VetteroX
20-02-04, 04:02
I kill people hacking or at low hp or whatever because I know my enemies would do it to me. my enemies constantly use lame tactics, so why not use the same vs them?

sparrowtm
20-02-04, 04:34
Originally posted by VetteroX
I kill people hacking or at low hp or whatever because I know my enemies would do it to me. my enemies constantly use lame tactics, so why not use the same vs them?

It's not lame, it's just not fair. Welcome to cyberpunk. :)

JackScratch
20-02-04, 06:11
Judge I do none of those and I have been declared a care bear. BTW Carebear has been defined, it is anyone who disagrees with the pussycoward gankers.

ServeX
20-02-04, 06:14
clearly not a carebare, you're just an honorable fighter.