PDA

View Full Version : Melee Experience CPU

LTA
19-02-04, 18:31
Why does it give - tc :(

Benjie
19-02-04, 18:35
just to say, don't change it.

When you choose an implant, there are certain negatives you have to think about. Teck Combat is suitable in this case because most melee users are teck weapon weilders.

It means you have to think twice before using it.

And besides, it's not like Tanks have a shortage of dex points. Considering what they need, they have an abundance of it!

Strych9
19-02-04, 18:36
Its hard to fathom a char setup that would use those chips for any period of time as well.

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 18:37
um.. that would have to be changed actually, since Melee DOES require T-C if you want to use the high tech weapons :(

maybe change it to -TRA since you're gonna be trying to jump around a lot and aren't as able to center your body to best carry heavy loads...

or make it more - to barter... I dunno...

Benjie
19-02-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Heavyporker
um.. that would have to be changed actually, since Melee DOES require T-C if you want to use the high tech weapons :(
lol. It's not like you to make a dumbass post heavy porker!

Of course melee requires T-C. Thats what makes the negative suitable. :p

It's a shop bought chip ya know. Only rare chips give skill decent bonuses with no negatives.

ezza
19-02-04, 18:39
theres not really any point to wearing them at high end melee tank either anyway

Benjie
19-02-04, 18:40
Originally posted by ezza
theres not really any point to wearing them at high end melee tank either anyway
Thats not neccisarily a bad thing. Remember just because all of us know how to level a character in under 3 days, doesn't mean true noobs do.

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 18:40
Lesse.. PSI chips dont give negatives to PSI.

Pistol chips dont give negatives to Pistol-related skills.

Same for rifle.

Zerks don't give negatives to Tank-related skills.

Why shuold melee chips give negative to melee-based skills?

Benjie
19-02-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Lesse.. PSI chips dont give negatives to PSI.

Pistol chips dont give negatives to Pistol-related skills.

Same for rifle.

Zerks don't give negatives to Tank-related skills.

Why shuold melee chips give negative to melee-based skills?
pistol chips do give negatives to pistol related skills. My pe has the choice of -15 athletics (a lot for a pe) or -15 weapon lore. Zerka chips have less drastic negatives, but there not store bought.

*note, when i say pistol chips i mean dex chips to use certain pistols. Tank and Private eye chips do not work in line with each. It is not a case of every tank chip has a Pistol equivalent. They are slightly different.

[EDIT]
For fuck sake, tanks have 70 dexterity, and your STILL complaining?

CerealKiller
19-02-04, 18:43
That's one chip set that I've never had implanted, I think it's useless personally.

Strych9
19-02-04, 18:48
The first point is that no pistol chip takes away from TC. No psi chip takes away from MST. This is a melee chip that takes away from a required subskill. No other chips in THE GAME do that. I checked. Its the only one.

The second point is that noob or vet, these chips are near useless. Melee is prolly the one weap type that is the easiest to stay on top of the damage perentage. You ONLY have to worry about damage %, and capping damage % is very easy to do. Tanks have tons of Str, and melee tanks have obnoxious amounts of skillpoints available in Str. Melee as it is has prolly THE most points available via imps- so an imp that raises only melee and gimps your TC is pretty much worthless.

Tons of other things to gimp. But a melee only imp really is self-gimping cause of no Str bonus. :)

For fuck sake, tanks have 70 dexterity, and your STILL complaining?Oh its easy to compensate for. Just makes no sense and renders the chip totally pointless.

Heidi
19-02-04, 18:52
melee exp memory had its use before epics were introduced. tanks hat berserk3, adv movement 3, melee 3 or targeting 3 and marine in their headslots. the advantage of melee exerience memory was that you could use thunderbolt almost completely from imps.
the TC malus respectively means less agi. and that was good, too, because agi did not effect runspeed, but it was supposed to reduce the close combat damage you take. so if you wanted to deal more melee damage, you had to sacrifice a tiny bit of defensive power (agi).

LTA
19-02-04, 18:56
Dex -

Distance-Weapon-CPU 3 P-C+8 R-C+8 T-C+8 WEP+15 M-C-20

Nice pistol cpu bonus there, i chose that because it gives no main stat bonus (ie dex/int etc) so therefore it's kinda the dex equivelent, but look no nerfs on any skill that matters to a pistol or rifler unless they plan to melee/shoot

Meelee-Experiencememory 3 M-C+15 WEP+15 P-C-8 R-C-8 T-C-8

Why does it give wep lore then nerf TC whats the point? Does wep lore effect melee?
Why not just nerf the Wep lore as it nerfs the rest of my gun skill...

"Thats not neccisarily a bad thing. Remember just because all of us know how to level a character in under 3 days, doesn't mean true noobs do."

And some simply dont have the time to level in 3 days.... O_o

Benjie
19-02-04, 18:58
Good point there LTA. But still you should take into consideration the masses of free Dex Points a tank has. I know, I used to be one. (For about 11 months!) :p

Oh, and the chip is not useless. It gives +15 weapon lore, which is great for Heavy Combat tanks. Especially considering that it is store bought.

Jest
19-02-04, 18:59
Yah that chip is useless. There are so many other worthwhile implants that you shouldnt be using that one. Granted its crap that it has negative tech, but even if it had positive tech I dont think itd be worth it.

LTA
19-02-04, 19:01
Originally posted by Benjie
Good point there LTA. But still you should take into consideration the masses of free Dex Points a tank has. I know, I used to be one. (For about 11 months!) :p

I ain't denying any fact based on the tank skill levels, i just want to know why we have to take penalties to our skills when others get it sensibley.

I ain't bothered if there are setups better, i know, i can/have set my chars up for different things, i didn't make a topic for uber leet setups or advice on my imp setup i asked why, lol that's all.

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 19:02
Don't think that heavy wep gentanks are gonna be happy abuot that - T-C even though they'd drool over the + weplore.

Only pure lowtech heavy/melee combat gentanks would look in its general direction.

-FN-
20-02-04, 02:10
My guess... it's for a PE who wants to cap damage on a Blade of Ceres of PoB if that's possible. Or maybe you can without it, I dunno. But no tank would ever use that simply because end-game melee is obvously the DG.

FatDogg
20-02-04, 05:00
Quit whining once you dont even really need TC untill you've out grown melee memories any way

SigmaDraconis
20-02-04, 05:12
sure every little bit helps but... any amount of WEP on a HC tank is nothing to drool over...Melee exp memory chips.. are.. useless in every capacity. And heavy... I dont think any tank out there is dumb enough to gimp himself for lowtech HC.. leaving you with your highest gun at the TL81....

\\Fényx//
20-02-04, 05:17
the chips are useless, even if they doubled the MC bonus and made it add TC, they would be useless o_O

ZoneVortex
20-02-04, 06:00
for fucks sake there's no reason in hell to even USE that chip :lol:

you can get 370 melee combat without using it

you only need liek +-~170 melee combat to cap your weapons....

Benjie
20-02-04, 06:15
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
for fucks sake there's no reason in hell to even USE that chip :lol:

you can get 370 melee combat without using it

you only need liek +-~170 melee combat to cap your weapons....

THE WEAPON LORE??????????? HUH! HUH!

It is actually a VERY good chip! It gives +15 WEP! That is a hell of a lot.

It's impossible for a Tank to cap aim on a cannon. That chip makes it (almost) possible.

ZoneVortex
20-02-04, 06:16
Originally posted by Benjie
THE WEAPON LORE??????????? HUH! HUH!

It's impossible for a Tank to cap aim on a cannon. That chip makes it (almost) possible.

It is actually a VERY good chip! It gives +15 WEP! That is a hell of a lot.

uhhhh

so then you're saying only HC tanks should use the chip called "Melee experience memory"?

then yea there is somethin fucked with it heh

but also, a lil word on cannon aiming...

weapon lore has very little to do with it if you ask me...
my friend's tank LOMed his weap lore away down to 50ish so he could hack warbots, then LOMed it so he could have some PSU to runcast heal on his HC tank...

hardly a difference in aiming, it's still in the 200s

Benjie
20-02-04, 06:18
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
uhhhh

so then you're saying only HC tanks should use the chip called "Melee experience memory"?

then yea there is somethin fucked with it heh

but also, a lil word on cannon aiming...

weapon lore has very little to do with it if you ask me...
my friend's tank LOMed his weap lore away down to 50ish so he could hack warbots, then LOMed it so he could have some PSU to runcast heal on his HC tank...

hardly a difference in aiming, it's still in the 200s
I totally disagree with this, I notice a giant difference between (near) 80 weapon lore and 50 weapon lore. However it is a little stupid that the only viable use for a melee experience memory is with a Heavy Tank.

Heavyporker
20-02-04, 07:19
excuse me sigma? HC gentanks dont got anything over TL 81?

go play the game more throughly, please.

KramerTheWeird
20-02-04, 07:21
lol I get +91 m-c without it from implants and they add other bonuses such as str. Why the hell would I ever use one of these, why the hell would a tank ever use one?

The only real use for it, just like the melee combat eye 3, is totally unintentional and that's the weaponlore bonus for h-c. My suggestion would be to change that to "heavy experience cpu" and give an alternative h-c eye. It would make a great compromise for h-c users because of the lack of strength potential they could otherwise get from berzerk which only adds to m-c.

Mr Friendly
20-02-04, 07:24
the normal implant for melee weapons is the berzerk chips, which give plainly (+) m-c & str =|||= & (-) barter & int

the melee 'experience' is an additional melee implant.its main goal isnt to add to melee, its distributed, giving (+) m-c & wep =|||= (-) t-c, r-c, & p-c. meaning the melee experience is made for those tanks who go with both heavy & melee, hence the +weapon lore

Strych9
20-02-04, 16:02
The chips are pointless.

Someone tell me why TC/HC tank would use a melee experiencememory over any of the targetingcomputer imps?

Look at the level 3 versions-

ME3 has MC +15 and WL +15 and has -8 on TC
TC3 has TC +5 and WL +15 and -15 to MC

So for a HC tank, which people are claiming these melee chips are intended for, you can get the same weap lore bonus AND a tech combat bonus from targetingcomputer, and not have the tech combat neg.

BUT

Thats besides the point. No end game heavy combat tank setup would ever spec for me3. me3 would be used ONLY if you had a TOTALLY extra brain slot, as otherwise you would need imps that provide Str. And an extra slot would be better used with PP Resister, TC3 like I explained above, DW3, AMC3... and thats *if* you have an extra brain slot.

Maybe a MC/HC tank could use the melee for melee and the WL for heavy- but they wouldnt have enough pts in Heavy to cap heavy anyway, so the WL wouldnt even matter than much with substandard HC.