PDA

View Full Version : Question about Silent Hunter

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 18:07
Just wanted to know...

If I was sniping with the Silent Hunter and aimed for the legs, will that have the effect of slowing the enemy down ? Or will it just register as a normal hit?

Ta :)

LTA
19-02-04, 18:25
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Just wanted to know...

If I was sniping with the Silent Hunter and aimed for the legs, will that have the effect of slowing the enemy down ? Or will it just register as a normal hit?

Ta :)

should hurt the legs and slow em down...

it has to me a few times anyway :(

BlackPrince
19-02-04, 18:39
Oh yes. Truely great for Spies and APUs.

Omnituens
19-02-04, 20:38
1 hit on the legs should instantly disable them ie drain all HP of the leg hitbox, or get very close. tanks might take 2 hits, a buffed PE should take about 2 or 3.

Lagos
19-02-04, 20:57
Originally posted by Omnituens
1 hit on the legs should instantly disable them ie drain all HP of the leg hitbox, or get very close. tanks might take 2 hits, a buffed PE should take about 2 or 3.

leg shots do less damage - was testing the SH in neofrag after patch, maybe NF messes up the results, but that was it:

unbuffed APU, about 300 health:

headshot: about 150 damage
legshot: about 60 damage

both shots with full health in the beginning (important, especially for SH tests ...)

as I said, I dont know if NF messes up my results, but if they are correct I wouldnt bother with the legs and aim for the head.

greets, Lagos.

J. Folsom
19-02-04, 20:59
Yes, legshots do less damage, but on the other hand, the guy you just shot is moving at a crawl, which means an easy headshot.

Lagos
19-02-04, 21:04
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Yes, legshots do less damage, but on the other hand, the guy you just shot is moving at a crawl, which means an easy headshot.

you dont slow down until the legzone is fully empty - so you'd rather waste 2 shots on the legs and then finish him off with 2 in the head than just killing him with 3 headshots?

the SH only does high damage in the first 1-2 shots (depending on health). in most of the cases it doesnt even then deliver 100% of its damage because of this "no 1shot kills" rule.

if you aim your first 1-2 shots on the legs, you throw away even these 1-2 shots that could be near 100% of the damage the SH _could_ deliver.

edit: but you're right, you can use it for your advantage.. you gotta decide whats more important in the given situation - taking the target down quickly or assuring that its not escaping

greets, Lagos.

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 21:07
Excellent - thanks guys :)

Omnituens
20-02-04, 00:07
afaik hitpoints are not spread equally over the 3 hit areas.

thadeus
20-02-04, 14:46
shooting the legs with a silent hunter is worse than para times 10

Original monk
20-02-04, 15:04
Originally posted by thadeus
shooting the legs with a silent hunter is worse than para times 10

amen

its very funny to see em semi-crawling to get em into safety while actually once there hit decently on the legs they cant do shit but wait for the final blow on the head :P

GT_Rince
20-02-04, 18:29
Originally posted by Original monk
amen

its very funny to see em semi-crawling to get em into safety while actually once there hit decently on the legs they cant do shit but wait for the final blow on the head :P

Damn - I can't lvl fast enough.... :D

Is it quicker to go drones to lvl and then LoM to Rifles ?

Mumblyfish
20-02-04, 18:31
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Damn - I can't lvl fast enough.... :D

Is it quicker to go drones to lvl and then LoM to Rifles ?

No. As a droner, enjoy a lifetime of slow, monotonous levelling. At least pick pistols/rifles and have fun while you're going through the ranks.

LTA
20-02-04, 18:32
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No. As a droner, enjoy a lifetime of slow, monotonous levelling. At least pick pistols/rifles and have fun while you're going through the ranks.

Slow ... Not quite.

Can be boring but its far faster than rifle or pistol.....

GT_Rince
20-02-04, 18:45
LOL - thats 2 conflicting opinions - any more? :D

Archeus
20-02-04, 19:09
You can powerlevel with Drones. Probably the best to level.

SorkZmok
20-02-04, 22:10
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No. As a droner, enjoy a lifetime of slow, monotonous levelling. At least pick pistols/rifles and have fun while you're going through the ranks. For xp drones are so much faster than rifles. Also you get the same int and dex xp and wont end up with like 100 dex and 90 int. Cause then int is a bitch to cap.

Its lame and its boring but its by far the fastest way to level up. Especially cause theres no aoe rifles and only crap aoe pistols.