PDA

View Full Version : Will the new engine bring Dynamic Rain effects?

Benjie
19-02-04, 17:22
Ignore the mad face on my post, i'm not angry at all. :)

I just think it isn't truly a Neon cyberpunk post apocalyptic world unless it's got heavy rain. And umbrellas too. :p

The Neon glow of the hooker joints reflecting in the puddles of water, all the npc's pulled out there umbrellas to sheild themselves from such a heavy downpour. Thunder echoed in the distance, the sounds of the runners in the district where silenced by the deffening sound of water coliding with asphalt. The animation of the drips of water; gracefully performing, as they trickled down the windows of Yakuma store at the corner of the street.

Will there be more dynamic rain effects with BDoY? :D

It would be nice if the current one was kept also and used as light drissle. I dunno any game that has two rain effects, but when you think about it, there is never only one type of rain...

Strych9
19-02-04, 17:31
Water trickling down windows = whole lotta CPU processing. Especially if you are talking about truly dynamic water effects.

Cant imagine they would have dynamic water effects before having dynamic player body physics or something like that.

ezza
19-02-04, 17:31
that would be cool, though have to have option to turn it off dont want the rain lagging me out during fighting:D

Marx
19-02-04, 17:33
Still going after the bladerunner umbrellas Benjie?

:p

http://dirtynuke.net/umbrellatitle.jpg

:D

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 17:34
Not just that, but as I've said before, the water also needs to splash properly too..

like when water falls into water as in the case of waterfalls, like when someone steps into a pool of water, like when a vehicle rolls over a pond...

Rimase
19-02-04, 17:35
Originally posted by Marx
Still going after the bladerunner umbrellas Benjie?

:p

http://dirtynuke.net/umbrellatitle.jpg

:D

sex to that. :D

Heavyporker
19-02-04, 17:39
fuck, I forgot about that.

Neocron's umbrellas could be even sexier. I had meant to doctor one up for a demo :(

better get back to that.