PDA

View Full Version : LE use

Bengalmin
19-02-04, 11:38
I'm having fun leveling a new character with the LE in. I think it would be cool if I could keep the LE and simply go hunting for TP and chips with it.

However, I'd also like to do the epic and maybe join a clan longer term and I don't see why LE users should be excluded from these simple parts of the game.

I say allow LE users to for LE clans where you have to have your LE to join and get kicked if you take it out. LE clans would not influence the Op war scene at all and would simply be a group of LE users with the same access to clan appartments and bank accounts. I don't see why this would effect the community as a whole, or balance of the game, for the worse at all.

Secondly, allow chars to reimplant the LE at any level, but ONLY if they have 50SL (or another number) that way it stops people abusing it to hide from PvP while regaining SL, but makes it a true PvP switch for those of good standing :) if you wanted to make it more restrictive you could impose faction sympathy requirments as well (not just your faction but allies too)

Any other LE users fed up with the current system?

sparrowtm
19-02-04, 11:40
Can you hear the trolls approaching? Can you? I do. :eek:

Mattimeo
19-02-04, 11:49
Originally posted by Bengalmin
I'm having fun leveling a new character with the LE in. I think it would be cool if I could keep the LE and simply go hunting for TP and chips with it.

However, I'd also like to do the epic and maybe join a clan longer term and I don't see why LE users should be excluded from these simple parts of the game.

I say allow LE users to for LE clans where you have to have your LE to join and get kicked if you take it out. LE clans would not influence the Op war scene at all and would simply be a group of LE users with the same access to clan appartments and bank accounts. I don't see why this would effect the community as a whole, or balance of the game, for the worse at all.

Secondly, allow chars to reimplant the LE at any level, but ONLY if they have 50SL (or another number) that way it stops people abusing it to hide from PvP while regaining SL, but makes it a true PvP switch for those of good standing :) if you wanted to make it more restrictive you could impose faction sympathy requirments as well (not just your faction but allies too)

Any other LE users fed up with the current system?
I agree with the Epics and the Clans, however I disagree with the implanting, even if the ability to abuse it is "removed". The less people that even have a chance to abuse it, the less people that will attack it. I kinda like my LE (since all but one of my characters has theirs in permanently) and would like to not have the nerf megasledgehammer that KK likes to wield swung at it.

Originally posted by sparrowtm
Can you hear the trolls approaching? Can you? I do.
Just Vets massive anti-LE ego, but that tends to drown anything else out.

Zaq
19-02-04, 12:09
I agree absolutely

firstly - LE users could do epics before. now they can't
secondly - and amazingly - the OFFICIAL FAQ still states "A clan will have to decide if the members are to have the Law Enforcer chip implanted or not - all of them", i mean what the hell, how misleading is this

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 15:41
Thats very fine with me, tho it does not matter if it would even be +100SL, but make it again possible.

s0apy
19-02-04, 15:47
personally, i'd do away with the "no implant above rank 30" thing and replace with the following rule: LE can be implanted into a char once and once only for the entire life of that char. that way, you can remove it, do your epics or whatever and join a clan, and then always have the option of putting it back on once more at a later date. after than, once removed, it's staying out regardless of level.

Strych9
19-02-04, 15:48
Let me just point out that with current implanting rules, you CAN do epics.

The ability to take an epic mission is based on your non-combat rank. Your normal rank can be raised with drugs and imps. In order to put in a LE, your rank cannot be higher than 30.

So you just need to keep an eye out on your non-imped rank. When its around 27, pop in all your imps and take as many drugs as you can buy. That will raise your rank, and then you can get the missions. Once you accept the mission, it doesnt matter what your rank becomes afterwards- you only need to be /45 or whatever to ACCEPT the mission.

It would take a close watch on your rank and your stats, but it can be done.

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 15:54
Thats true Strych9, but needing to do this trick is... ughm ... say it this way "not loyal" esp. if you are CA. :p

And disabling limits this way could be seen as exploiting. As you do sthg you are not really allowed to do...

Bengalmin
19-02-04, 16:04
Based on the rules they are at the moment, I would say that Strych9's idea is borderline exploiting. you would be abusing the game mechanic afterall. And you shouldn't have to do a 'trick' like this to do the epic.

If and when we get a larger community from BDoY there will plenty of room for different play styles in the neocron world, not only should LE use be viable but like other threads recently have said, so should being a criminal (-SL). I hope with the introduction of the outzone jail that kk want criminals to have some life in neocron too.

back on topic...

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 16:09
How about at the start of epics they do some whack sheet to your LE which scrambles it for the duration of the epic (ie. its turned off for abit so you can kill ppl and vice versa)

LE clans would never work, any reason for a LE user tobe in a clan would be fixed by a better buddy list and shared apts.

Longlive the law enforcer user, so I dont have to buff his ass in Caves :P

Strych9
19-02-04, 16:14
Exploiting? You will need to get a GM to rule on that.

People drug up to use weapons they cant use and armor they cant use all of the time. People drugged up to do epics earlier than normal as well.

Get a GM to rule its an exploit and I guess it is. I have finished all the epics I have done, and I never did what I suggest since I finsihed the epics before the new LE rule was put in as well.

I still dont think its an exploit though. You have no way to LOWER your rank with imps and drugs... so its not like a capped player can do this. Once your rank unimped hits /30, its too late.

Would like to see what a GM says though if you really thinks its an exploit.

Psyco Groupie
19-02-04, 16:17
if you were like /35 with imps you might be able to take your imps out and get 100 % synap and re-imp your LE .... i'd wouldnt say that was 'exploiting' because its not as if you can do it when your /40 or /50 ... perhaps why KK made it 30 .. so you can still imp it when your a noob but not on a too high level char ..hoe well

Judge
19-02-04, 16:18
Oh yes thats probably expoliting, considering that you aren't allowed to get shot to get con xp anymore. :rolleyes:

Strych9
19-02-04, 16:20
Originally posted by Judge
Oh yes thats probably expoliting, considering that you aren't allowed to get shot to get con xp anymore. :rolleyes: I thought you just couldnt shoot YOURSELF for con anymore?

Judge
19-02-04, 16:41
The actual words are:

Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)

And indirectly could be taken as knowing that you are going to get hurt if you start some PvP in PP1 (everyone knows they will get hit) and then getting con xp for being hit.

Anyway, lets get back on topic.

Personally, I wouldn't really mind if there were LE clans... maybe some of the LE whiners might piss off for once and for all. And yes as strych says, it is possible to do epics when you are like rank 35 or so... and then pulling out all imps/getting 100% synaptic would probably down it just enough to get an LE back in.

Strych9
19-02-04, 16:44
Oh wait.

For the record, I was NOT saying use synaptic for implanting the LE.

I was saying when your normal rank without imps is about /28 or so, you can put it imps and drug up to /45 and get the epic missions. Then when drugs wear off you yank those imps, and then put the LE back in once you are back down to /28/.

I never meant to say to use synaptic impairment to put the LE in.

Just to clarify.

El_MUERkO
19-02-04, 16:49
As it is clans use LE'd runners to find enemies and see the strenght of their forces in OP wars now they should be allowed in clans :/

Level up and take the chip out or stay in plaza 1.

DonnyJepp
19-02-04, 17:11
Reimplanting the LE should be allowed, at a hefty cost.

Each LE reimplant should cost a player 2.5-5% of his total experience from each skill.

Timesink anyone?

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 17:22
Even with the loss of XP i'd have no problem. Since i'd do this once in a chars lifespan.

Glok
19-02-04, 17:26
Originally posted by Judge
The actual words are:
Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)
And indirectly could be taken as knowing that you are going to get hurt if you start some PvP in PP1 (everyone knows they will get hit) and then getting con xp for being hit.LOL. PVP IS EXPLOITING! :o

ezza
19-02-04, 17:53
my opinion is if you want to join a clan or do epics accept the PvP/Pk world that comes with it.

Mighty Max
19-02-04, 19:08
Whats the point in getting killed without be able to kill? The ethics behind not killing other players is not created by the LE, but my opinions.

I dont think its not even interesting to kill someone if his reaction is no reaction. Killing someone who doesnt even move ... dunno what it gives someone.

I have accepted that you cant join a clan LEd. OK PvP is one of the big reasons to create a clan and many PvP related things are based on you Clan-Flags. So ok.

But why should a LE not be able to get a PP Resistor, the CA-Armor etc? I dont even know why there is any PvP job to be done in an Epic, that only leads to those stupid trades "100k for to kill a XY" or grief play. It'd just be fine to kill a special 120/120 guard of the faction you yet need to kill a player from.