PDA

View Full Version : Discussion regarding the new policies

Artie
18-02-04, 23:36
Since the thread earlier regarding this was closed, please direct all comments in this thread please. Thanks.

Anyways, apparently lvling con with someone else in your apt is NOT a exploit, nor is the NPC CA guards in P1. But seriously wtf is up with the whole "no shooting yourself" thing. That's just..well....fucked up. =\

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 23:39
Glad u started it up again, its a good discussion.

People will do it regardless, even if its accidental.

It cant be policed, or enforced.

And they know it.

:confused:

Artie
18-02-04, 23:41
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Glad u started it up again, its a good discussion.

People will do it regardless, even if its accidental.

It cant be policed, or enforced.

And they know it.

exactly!! i suppose they just stated it so they can discourage it or something...=\

BTW get the new policy info here (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=195).

Psychoninja
18-02-04, 23:41
I don't see whats wrong with lvling con on your own.

I think it's a pretty stupid rule.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 23:42
exactly!! i suppose they just stated it so they can discourage it or something...=\

Why will it? Ill still do it if I feel like it. And so will everyone else

Artie
18-02-04, 23:44
Originally posted by Psychoninja
I don't see whats wrong with lvling con on your own.

I think it's a pretty stupid rule.

yeah...

here's another one...

LE'd runners refusing to leave a dungeon (thus preventing it from being reset).

hmm..this is very unenforcable. And beside's, wouldn't it be easy to simply put in the code a workaround? :confused: i don't know whether it's lack of coding, or simple attempts to discourage.

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 23:47
Originally posted by Artie

LE'd runners refusing to leave a dungeon (thus preventing it from being reset).

hmm..this is very unenforcable. And beside's, wouldn't it be easy to simply put in the code a workaround? :confused: i don't know whether it's lack of coding, or simple attempts to discourage. That's rather simple really, just have a player report it if the LEd player refuses to leave. And there's not that many caves people use anyway, so it's relatively simple to occasionally go through some of them.

t0rqu3
18-02-04, 23:48
WTF, that LE in dungeon thing IS BREAKING RULES?

I've reported losers doing that to me like 2-3 times now, and the GMs always give me bullshit about "not being able to take sides and argue if it's lame or not" and just leave.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

BTW the shooting yourself thing is a joke, it's okay for another to shoot you, but not yourself?

Great let's make the game boring for TWO PLAYERS instead of ONE.

Good idea, the game's way too fun as it is.

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 23:49
Pay the fucking ingame GMs so they actually do work please.

Aint gonna happen.

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 23:50
Originally posted by t0rqu3
WTF, that LE in dungeon thing IS BREAKING RULES?

I've reported losers doing that to me like 2-3 times now, and the GMs always give me bullshit about "not being able to take sides and argue if it's lame or not" and just leave.

Pay the fucking ingame GMs so they actually do work please. IIRC, another reason KK posted this listing of the policies was because there was some confusion amongst GMs what the rules were, that's one example.

Artie
18-02-04, 23:51
Originally posted by J. Folsom
hmm..this is very unenforcable. And beside's, wouldn't it be easy to simply put in the code a workaround? :confused: i don't know whether it's lack of coding, or simple attempts to discourage. That's rather simple really, just have a player report it if the LEd player refuses to leave. And there's not that many caves people use anyway, so it's relatively simple to occasionally go through some of them. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not neccesarily. For example, let's get a situation of a large clan camping mc5. A le'd player runs in front being a nuisance WHATEVER. The large clan gets ticked off and reports the le'd player for staying in the zone. The gm comes in, sees the le player standing there, and bans him. o_O I'm not a carebear by any means, but....yea...

Or how about someone who crashes in a cave, right when a gm gets there, and sees the le'd player standing there with all the mobs dead. Exploit?

Also (one more thing)....what if a large clan runs past all the other mobs to kill the boss mob (ala Point red) and then zones for a quick respawn. The le'd player is in the same place though, and takes it upon himself to fight all the other mobs in the dungeon. The clan complains...what would the gm do?

Nidhogg
18-02-04, 23:52
The support policy is not open for discussion. Thinking that any rule is unenforceable would also be a mistake.

N