PDA

View Full Version : should le players that are not allowed to do some stuff in the game pay the same?

masterguyver
18-02-04, 21:50
if a le player can't be in a guild, do ops wars, or kill people of the enemy faction for faction quests. Why do we pay the same for the game?

Lets make it so that if you have one charater with a le out you pay more sence youu can do more in the game, and sence thoes 3 items can make up 20-25% of the gamming experance eather increase there playing fee by 20-25% or lower the fee for players that have nothing but le players by 20-25%.

Possessed
18-02-04, 21:54
No, it is their choice to use the LE, they wish to willingly opt out of those aspects of the game, and can at any point begin to participate in them, so definently no.

Zanathos
18-02-04, 21:55
uuummmmm

NO!

its your choice to have that LE in.

its your choice that you have decided to play the game like this.

Just like its my choice that I like to be a soldier in wolfenstein ET

Just like its my choice that I like to be an engineer in command and conquer renegade.

Just like its my choice to play a supportive role in Americas Army rather than go in with guns blazing like most people do.

Just like its my choice to play as a male soldier on star wars knights of the old republic.

just like its our choice on what server we play on.

our choice to have multiple accounts

our choice to have 1 to 4 characters on a 4 char server.

its our choice, you choose that for Neocron.

Gotterdammerung
18-02-04, 22:11
not a workable idea, what would be next? a pay by the hour basis ?

(see what I mean)

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 22:13
It's not like Neocron is even expensive, at £15 for 3 months I really dont see what you're complaining about.

QuantumDelta
18-02-04, 22:16
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
not a workable idea, what would be next? a pay by the hour basis ?

(see what I mean)
It's workable.
It's just stupid.

Marx
18-02-04, 22:25
Originally posted by masterguyver
if a le player can't be in a guild, do ops wars, or kill people of the enemy faction for faction quests. Why do we pay the same for the game?

Lets make it so that if you have one charater with a le out you pay more sence youu can do more in the game, and sence thoes 3 items can make up 20-25% of the gamming experance eather increase there playing fee by 20-25% or lower the fee for players that have nothing but le players by 20-25%.

[Not Having That Spam - Ulle]

*sigh*

Thanks for that lovely laugh.

A LE is supposed to be a game mechanic one can hide behind until they get the proper experience ingame to be able to participate reletively unhampered. If you live with your LE in, it just means you can't hack it, why should you pay less? Its your own fears and issues that's preventing you from experiencing these things, not the LE.

Possessed
18-02-04, 22:29
All those smilies... have a strange hypnotic quality.

/me drools

ezza
18-02-04, 22:32
was gonna post my usual fuck off type posts but saw all those smileys and lost my flow damn you:mad:

Judge
18-02-04, 22:36

Because you are invincible to players.

EDIT: Who the fuck voted yes?

Marx
18-02-04, 22:42
Originally posted by Judge
Because you are invincible to players.

Those magical people who lack the balls to stand by and defend their opinion.

I call them 'Magic Dwarves'.

robinitnow
18-02-04, 22:51
[No Spam Here Thanks - Ulle]

Benjie
18-02-04, 22:53
Originally posted by Judge
I voted yes.

Voting yes is to disagree with the threadstarter.

It's just a tad confusing.

*edit*
wtf? that poll is stupid! Both yes and no could be considered either one of the options. l0lz0rs.

Yet another discredited poll. :rolleyes:

Marx
18-02-04, 22:57
edited.

Invertigo
18-02-04, 23:13
no, and you can take out the LE whenever you want...

its not that you CANT join a clan or fight, its you dont WANT to, by keeping in LE. and thats your problem, and your choice.

Ulle
18-02-04, 23:23
Poll altered so you know what your voting for.

Keep the spam out and keep the "discussion" civil.

Mingerroo
18-02-04, 23:29
Lol. No way man, the LE is a self imposed prison, you can leave any time you want to.

Steve

suler
18-02-04, 23:31
You are right LE players should pay less and they can achieve this by not playing at all, which is the solution to all LE players problems.

neophotographer
19-02-04, 03:40
ok.....I play solely by the use of the LE, and have for quite a long time.....and even I think this is a stupid idea. it's out choice whether or not to have the LE in. we're still playing the same game, and you still have the choice whether or not to take it out or put it in (up to rank /30) so I voted no. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this.

Stacey

IceStorm
19-02-04, 03:44
I'll pay an extra $3 a month if you let me flip a PvP switch to the Off position and give me back that brain slot... :-)

joran420
19-02-04, 03:54
LE Players should pay double for the mafia liek protection of that chip

masterguyver
19-02-04, 06:30
Originally posted by Zanathos
uuummmmm

NO!

its your choice to have that LE in.

its your choice that you have decided to play the game like this.

Just like its my choice that I like to be a soldier in wolfenstein ET

Just like its my choice that I like to be an engineer in command and conquer renegade.

Just like its my choice to play a supportive role in Americas Army rather than go in with guns blazing like most people do.

Just like its my choice to play as a male soldier on star wars knights of the old republic.

just like its our choice on what server we play on.

our choice to have multiple accounts

our choice to have 1 to 4 characters on a 4 char server.

its our choice, you choose that for Neocron.

have you played a mmorpg?

masterguyver
19-02-04, 06:33
Originally posted by neophotographer
ok.....I play solely by the use of the LE, and have for quite a long time.....and even I think this is a stupid idea. it's out choice whether or not to have the LE in. we're still playing the same game, and you still have the choice whether or not to take it out or put it in (up to rank /30) so I voted no. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this.

Stacey

so it is ok to pay full price for a game that does not let you be in a guild, or get epic items?

KimmyG
19-02-04, 06:43
LE users can stop paying for the game and quit. I have seen so very few true LE users and most of them want to farm,level, RP or whatever not pvp. It wont be a lose if people like you quite

masterguyver
19-02-04, 06:49
Originally posted by Invertigo
no, and you can take out the LE whenever you want...

its not that you CANT join a clan or fight, its you dont WANT to, by keeping in LE. and thats your problem, and your choice.

1. i want to be in a guild
2. i want to fight, but only if there is a point. Personaly i don't see want opening up myself to being killed in the aggie celler while lvling just becouse some caped pker with a epic gun thinks that it would be cool to do so, or any other simular area.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 06:54
Originally posted by KimmyG
LE users can stop paying for the game and quit. I have seen so very few true LE users and most of them want to farm,level, RP or whatever not pvp. It wont be a lose if people like you quite

And how many more people can neocron loose till it stops making any money, and shuts down?

KimmyG
19-02-04, 06:58
I dont think someone who wants to kill someone and remain immune after the fact screaming there quiting is there biggest worry.

Want some advice level up high rip out the LE and join in the fun, you wanna fight be in a clan take out that LE. Nuff said I may be a pvp extremest but if LE users start fighting in op wars then start strutting around in front of there enemy away from it I would say LE users would lose alot of there supporters

ZoneVortex
19-02-04, 07:08
what da hell

masterguyver
19-02-04, 07:40
Originally posted by KimmyG
I dont think someone who wants to kill someone and remain immune after the fact screaming there quiting is there biggest worry.

Want some advice level up high rip out the LE and join in the fun, you wanna fight be in a clan take out that LE. Nuff said I may be a pvp extremest but if LE users start fighting in op wars then start strutting around in front of there enemy away from it I would say LE users would lose alot of there supporters

1. who was screaming there quiting?
2. as in another post i made. if the faction are enimies then a le player can kill another le player outside of a warzone/ops area.

KimmyG
19-02-04, 07:48
AHhhhhhh LE players killing LE players that will really go over well with most LE fanatics here.

ZoneVortex
19-02-04, 07:57
so it is ok to pay full price for a game that does not let you be in a guild, or get epic items?

yeah...thats the negative side of not being able to be keeled in pvp, besides losing a brain slot big deal

it's your choice to LE...take it out if you wanna do epics

that's like saying this:

I'm a melee spy. I have all my dex in agility and tech combat, and repair.
I have all my psi in resist psi.
I have all my con in endurance.
I have capped every skill, including intelligence.
The implants I use are: Moto 1, berzerk 1, ppu chip 1, apu chip 1

WH YCAN"T I KILL ANYONE IN PVP?! WTF?
WINNING IN PVP IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ME SO I DONT WANT TO PAY

Archeus
19-02-04, 08:05
They could make a mirror image of the world that LE players can move to so they can play with no PvP. Lets call it trammel.. no wait thats taken, hows about wussy land?

Only reason I can see to have an LE in at high level is for parts farming. Nothing else.

KimmyG
19-02-04, 08:05
f you have such a problem with the Epics I would say go ask for a alternative to PvP reqs in epics

IceStorm
19-02-04, 08:08
LE's a PvP switch. I chose to opt out of PvP and all that goes with it. No Epics beyond the N.E.X.T. one for now, no clans, no PPU buffs since on my server most are non-LE, can't destroy turrets, loss of an implant slot, etc.

I still support clans I like by selling certain items to certain people, I still get epic items by buying them, I have tons of apartments to store stuff, I avoid unfriendly ops and turrets, I built my char not to need PPUs or the fourth brain slot, and I did the N.E.X.T. epic.

I don't want to PvP. My main, fully capped Spy character is BUILT around NOT PvPing (he flat-out cannot hold his own against xx/40's, let alone other capped players). I'm content with this.

If you want a different type of switch, ok, maybe that's an option, but leave the existing LE alone.

FatDogg
19-02-04, 10:04
Oh my god.... How did this thought ever EVER EVER happen?????

suler
19-02-04, 10:07
oh god this game is BUILT around PVPING nothing else. If you want more things to do without pvping go play another game seriously.

Sorontar
19-02-04, 10:17
Quite simply , NO!

It's their choice to use that game mechanic..........

How about I pay less because I have to sit around waiting to get poked in Plaza rather than playing the game as I would want to after being ganked.

Alex The Great
19-02-04, 10:25
hahahahah Fucking Stupid Idea USe your LE all you want but its your choice So you pay full price.

Strych9
19-02-04, 15:59
First suler, this game is built around PvP but how much time, as a percentage of the total, do people spend ACTUALLY fighting other players?

Very little. So drop the line about being built around PvP. Of course its a PvP game, but implants need to be poked, tech parts need to be farmed off mobs, items need to be researched and built, etc. There is TONS of content in this game that is in SUPPORT of PvP but is NOT PvP.

Second, this is the worst idea I have ever heard.

I am ALL for the LE being in the game, but masterguyver is so far off base with this I wish he would just ask for the thread to be closed and deleted. This makes other LE users look bad.

The game doesnt STOP you from doing ANYTHING. You choose to keep the imp in, you pay the price. Tough, deal with it. So many other people do.

Edit: oh yeah, and you can OWN any epic item out there. You dont have to do the epics to get the items.

Archeus
19-02-04, 17:47
Originally posted by Strych9
Very little. So drop the line about being built around PvP.

it is built around PvP, everything you cited is to complement PvP.

Strych9
19-02-04, 17:53
Originally posted by Archeus
it is built around PvP, everything you cited is to complement PvP. Of course. I said that myself. It all supports PvP. But the point is that its EASY in this game to go the WHOLE time without ever fighting another player.

First, the game ACTUALLY is based around combat, not necessarily player vs player combat. You can leave a LE in and kill thousands of mobs without ever touching another player.

So yes the game is built around combat, but its not built around ONLY SHOOTING things. The support activities take up FAR more time than actual combat does.

Thats all I was saying.

Mingerroo
19-02-04, 18:03
When we say it is PvP oriented, as in the ACTUAL PvP, we are quoting KK.

On a further note, a LOT of PvP does happen, which is why the LE is there so that you don't have to 'suffer' from PvP.

Steve

Strych9
19-02-04, 18:07
Originally posted by Mingerroo
When we say it is PvP oriented, as in the ACTUAL PvP, we are quoting KK.

On a further note, a LOT of PvP does happen, which is why the LE is there so that you don't have to 'suffer' from PvP.

Steve Its clear KK wants the game to be based on actual PvP. Thats fine.

I am simply saying that without the activities that are not synonomous with actual PvP (building, researching, mobbing) the game would basically stop working. While its based on PvP, the non-PvP activities are equally vital.

suler said if you want to do things aside from PvP, go play another game. I was just pointing out that doing things aside from PvP is MANDATORY in Neocron. (okay, I guess you could fight other 0/2 noobs with the starting knives and guns, and that would be 100% pure PvP without ever having to mob or do tradeskills, but I dont think most people had that in mind).

I was simply responding to suler and saying that Neocron needs people that do non-Pvp actions.

neophotographer
20-02-04, 00:22

The game has nothing to do with me being in a CLAN or not. as for the epic items, go buy them. they're readily available.

I do just fine with my LE in without being in a clan or such. there's pretty much only 3 things I can't do, which for at this leve I have no need to do unless I die.

Researching, Constructing, and Poking.

I can repair any TL I need to, up to liek 146. I also can hack warbots. I have the speed gat and the TT epic cannon (WHICH CAN BE BOUGHT) and I just use those when I'm hunting so I can repair them up to full and not need any other guns to hunt.

oh and if you didn't read my sig, my char's A TANK!.....

oh yeah...I can also drive the normal vehicles cept for APC and tank. (haven't tried the newer ones yet, so no clue)

so get off your lil trip right now as you have both LE and non-LE people coming at you. This kinda thing is why LE users are looked at in such a bad light.

Stacey

Keiron
20-02-04, 00:29
This is the first idea I have ever seen, on which the entire forum (including the mods) has united to one side on. I mean it is the side disagreeing with the idea (as I do), but we do stand united.
Masterguyver should feel special that he managed to be called an idiot by an entire player-base.

aelfkins
20-02-04, 01:00
No, you choose to wear an LE so you choose to opt out of all the PvP aspects of the game.

Quit whinning and play.

naimex
20-02-04, 03:00
Originally posted by joran420
LE Players should pay double for the mafia liek protection of that chip

w0t he said.