PDA

View Full Version : Clan Funds

RayBob
18-02-04, 20:51
Many clans have had their clan funds stolen. Sometimes from a character that was hacked but more often it is simply by a disgruntled player. The clan bank should be a useful tool for a clan but the current system makes it difficult for a clan to control access.

I suggest that KK implement a limit on financial transactions. No player can withdraw more than 1 or 2 million in any 24 hour period. This simple suggestion would immediately eliminate all problems with the theft of clan funds. Furthermore, they should have different limits for each rank. For example, ranks 4-7 might have a 100K withdrawal limit per day.

Ray

dem0n
18-02-04, 20:53
hmm I don't see what will you do by this. suppose a disgrunted player has 4 alts in a clan all with an access to clan funds.

RayBob
18-02-04, 20:54
4 alts x 1 million per alt (assuming all alts are at the highest limit) = 4 million lost

Losing 4 million is much better than 30 million or more :eek:

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 20:57
Some might argue that this is a valid RP experience (infiltrating a clan? Fraud? White collar crime? etc) and a good reason for clans to maintain a tight secuity.

Jest
18-02-04, 21:02
Your first solution would be to only give ranks 10+ to the people you trust.

Though from a hacking standpoint I think some daily limit would be good. Or maybe just make a limit that you can only take out money once per hour regardless of the amount. (Limit is 1 million for any transaction anyways).

Keiron
18-02-04, 21:03
I like the idea, I think it's something a clan leader should be able to set thou (IE leader can say how much a player can take out per day).

dem0n
18-02-04, 21:04
k I'll just say one thing:

if someone wants to rob your funds he'll do it sooner or later

another thing... 4 alts steal everything in 23h GMT, wait a few mins and do it again in 00h GMT. nuff said.

garyu69
18-02-04, 21:12
Not all clans have loads of cash like 30 mil.

RayBob
18-02-04, 21:26
Originally posted by dem0n
4 alts steal everything in 23h GMT, wait a few mins and do it again in 00h GMT. nuff said. Someone hit this poor guy with the common sense club. The limit is imposed 24 hours from the time of the initial withdrawal, not by a clock using GMT time.

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 21:54
Originally posted by Keiron
I like the idea, I think it's something a clan leader should be able to set thou (IE leader can say how much a player can take out per day).

That I agree with, it should be down the clan themselves to set the limits of their security, not KK.

dem0n
18-02-04, 22:06
well RayBob someone should hit you with the common sense sledgehammer... do you think every clan has 30 million? did you ever hear something about "percentages ->>%<--". yes, now you grasp a whole new field of complexity...

zii
18-02-04, 22:26
Optional function that should be set by a clan leader.

I voted no because the limit should not be set by KK, see above.

Marx
18-02-04, 22:28
No. Only promote people you trust to a position where they can remove money.

This would do nothing other than hamper those who actually need the money on a timely basis.

KimmyG
18-02-04, 22:30
sometimes large transactions may need to be made to get parts or the items for the clan. I would say maybe raise money rank.

RayBob
18-02-04, 22:35
Originally posted by Keiron
I like the idea, I think it's something a clan leader should be able to set thou (IE leader can say how much a player can take out per day). Good idea, Keiron.

Originally posted by garyu69
Not all clans have loads of cash like 30 mil.
Originally posted by dem0n
... do you think every clan has 30 million?If a clan doesn't have a lot of money then this obviously doesn't effect them.

Idea: "I think cars should have locks on the doors to prevent theft."
Reply: "I don't own a car." :rolleyes:

Aziraphale
18-02-04, 22:35
Idea: "I think cars should have locks on the doors to prevent theft."
Reply: "I don't own a car." :rolleyes: [/B]

Touché :lol:

Clownst0pper
18-02-04, 22:37
Only let people in your clan who you trust, its that simple :angel:

bounty
18-02-04, 22:44
I agree the easy solution is to just allow people that you trust with the money, and if someone shows signs they might be leaving or are suspicious then you can just demote them, I think it adds to the real problems that could be at risk in a real life situation so i always vote no to things that will make this game less lawless.

RayBob
19-02-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Only let people in your clan who you trust, its that simple :angel: How does this solve the problem of real world hackers? Our clan and SXR both had their clan funds wiped out not becasue of in-game trust issues but rather due to hacked characters.

Psycho Killa
19-02-04, 02:15
The leader needs more options...

Who can acces clan apartment... Maybe split the cabs in half and set only high couple ranks to open half and the other half to be used for the whole clan.

Dont give me the dont give the apartment pass bullshit out. If you want to meet in your clan apartment now you cant keep rares there it should be more customizeable.

This of course includes limiting an amount that can be withdrawn by rank per day.

Each rank should have multiple options to check on and off and set numbers to.

How are you suppose to earn someones trust? If they want to raid you they will even if it takes longer to gain your trust.

Now if I want to limit access to a few cabs to only the founding members I should be able to.

RayBob
19-02-04, 02:22
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
The leader needs more options...
Who can acces clan apartment... Maybe split the cabs in half and set only high couple ranks to open half and the other half to be used for the whole clan.
Dont give me the dont give the apartment pass bullshit out. If you want to meet in your clan apartment now you cant keep rares there it should be more customizeable.
This of course includes limiting an amount that can be withdrawn by rank per day.
Each rank should have multiple options to check on and off and set numbers to.
How are you suppose to earn someones trust? If they want to raid you they will even if it takes longer to gain your trust.
Now if I want to limit access to a few cabs to only the founding members I should be able to. Finally, someone else with common sense.

I was going to make another post about the clan apartment changes as I had similar ideas. I find discussing multiple topics in the same thread overwhelms some people. 8|

Leaders should be able to assign who can and cannot enter the clan apartment on an individual clan member basis. The password should only allow access to the hallway, much like it does in individual accounts. And yes, the cabs in the apartment should have different security levels that can also be set individually by the leader.

SigmaDraconis
19-02-04, 05:19
clan administration needs to be WAAAAAAAAAY more customizable indeed..... so does apartment access for both personal and clan apts... I havn;t voted tho because im not sure, it has its upsides and down sides to restricting access to funds.

Artie
19-02-04, 05:23
it would be nice...

our clan sometimes runs into the billions....although we're only 35 strong and we're all on good terms. Eh, still safe than sorry.

FatDogg
19-02-04, 09:17
what about when I need to build 80 turrets for an assault that will go across the whole map?

GT_Rince
19-02-04, 12:10
So what happens when you need to draw 30 mil out for buying a MC5 CPU ? Wait 30 days? I think not ! Yes, something needs to be done. No, I don't think this is the solution.

dem0n
20-02-04, 20:15
so RayBob, your saying, that if a clan doesn't have 30 mil like yours does, it's no biggie if all their cash got stolen. well gee whiz 5 star for the idea which will affect the whole NC world and only apply to your clan.... seriously... if you can't frickin make sure that people you invite can be trusted then don't do it... or atleast pay attention to the ones that your giving ranks to. and as for getting your accounts hacked, I'm pretty sure noone from KK is that insane enough to spread player info around, and that leads to the fact that the reason someone got hacked is that the person who hacked him had access to stored information [NC saves an unencrypted pwd into the registry]. again I say, really nice idea which can only apply to a handfull of clans.

again I'm telling you I don't know... maybe you have 8 years and still haven't studied it at school, I repost again there are mathematical operations called [you'll never guess]:

--->>>percentages ''''''%''''''<<<---

now again I say, this would be the only way your idea could be applied to "everyone" which it lacks at the moment. so the "clans with less than 30 mil won't care if theyr robbed" idea can now even be applied to the ones you don't give a fuck about being robbed. I feel a lot happier now that I managed to teach someone something new.