PDA

View Full Version : views on game progress ova the last 6 months

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 16:25
ok here we go...

i started playing about 13-14 months ago and back when i was a n00b i was hearing stories of surtain ppl and as sad as it sounds i wanted to aspire to that lvl having the whole server alkin about you. but anyway for 6-7 months i was loving the game i had my caped spy doin PvM everyday killin warbots stockin my rare pool and then i joined a clan and got into PvP started doin OP fights fighting in pepper park u know what i mean.

i know this wont go down with everyone but i did a mini poll on ooc and got a resounding yes to my sugestions so i thought i my aswell put em on the forums:

1. way back when i was starting my PvP experiance i had some of the best fights of my NC life agenst the old skool NDA i mean pol/cent the propper NDA and there were no lame ass tactics not turret dropping (infact no turrets atall) it was just about PvP and showing your worth to your clan how ever the integration of turrets has turned most OP fights on pluto into what it was when i started PvM and tbh that dont really get me going as a ppu. basicly this point is about turrets in OP's and how they shouldnt be there or atleast fuckin nerf the drop time/dmg/effect they have b/c it has spoild OP fighting for me :(

2. Hybrids:eek:. ffs bring em back. Yes they were over powered but only to the ppl that knew how to play them. their names still live on CC/mummi/nemesis_2k u know all the names. i know that KK r trying to balence out the game and all but even though they were over powered only a few were good and i dont think that all the nerfs are called for most were drastic to say the least is not even like u wormed it out it was just there and then BAM gone. this is prolly the bit that no1 will agree with but i would love to see them back

3. with the invent of anti buff u were bound to get the ppl who want to exploit things to the max yes im talkin n00b buffs (not calling them an exploit btw). i mean come on i know the idea of games is to win but at the expence of other ppl's enjoyment dont think so or hope not anyway :confused: i can take anti buff and i know that it takes good timing to get n00b buffs to work but it is one of the lamest things in this game i mean i was in PP earlier i didnt have anyone with me and there was about 6-7 enemies in there so i though i would see how much i could take make sure i aint lost it :p and to my amazment within 30 sec's of being in there i was TL3 heal'd i possed absolutly no threat what so ever yet they still trying to cheeply kill me i was gobsmaked :confused:

4. contredicing point 3 i do have a problem with anti buff especialy holy. ok u nerf rezz to 25 seconds b/c 6 is too fast but surely 3 seconds to take away sum1s only defence is equaly too fast 8|

5. last one getting bored ;) PA WTF is down with this??? k goin back to when i started noone wore PA u didnt need it and still dont yea everyone insists that it is a nesesaty if it is how the hell didnt ppl do it b4 PA? i would class myslef as one of the better ppu's on pluto not the best i know but no where near the worst and i do NOT wear PA and still mange ok if it was this nesasery how comes i dont die to sigle apus??? im just trying to get the point that it is a luxuary that has been bestowed upon us + u got to be honest most of them look crap :D :D :D

blumblumshub
18-02-04, 16:40
In my opinion things have got better simply because I don't crash half as much as I used to. Sure, I know that's not what you're talking about, but I don't care, it's a real boost to the playability of the game.

I did used to really enjoy playing as my original hybrid monk, and I don't think he really unbalanced anything. He was good in attack and defence, sure, but then again so's a tank.

The new power armours for characters other than tanks are great, even if they are unneccessary as you think. It's part of the growing nature of the game to add new items.

Even some of the whining on the forum has gone down. Big bonus.

Blum

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 16:42
ahhhhhh bugger i forgot the drom sex option on the poll sorry :p

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 16:46
yea i admit that crashes have gone down random sychs down infact the whole server stability and gone up and i want to thank kk for fixing it

and omg u think that camo PA looks good i think ill have to dissagre there i jus looks like normal PA but covered in bird shit :P

___T-X____
18-02-04, 16:47
I think everything is just being geared up for DoY. If DoY turns out to be a crock then they seriously need to make gameplay changes.

This is a completely different game to the one i played a year ago. Overall, apart from less crashes, nothing has got significantly better. I prefered the game how it was about 9 months ago.

If parashock was removed I'd say bring back hybrids.

The problem with Hybrid is its them Freezing u, to Damage boost you, and then use high level APU spells while your glued to the floor. It wasnt skillful.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 16:51
ahmen to that shit

and as for hybrids not being skillful comeon man u have to give the top names their due plus para is almost usless now its not like glue atall imho

YoDa-UK
18-02-04, 16:58
I votee for "its got worse" and so here is my whole take on it.

Yeah back in the day when NDA was strong, we never used turrets, stealthing drop turrets or any shit like that, nor did the enemy in those days either, this whole turret crap is more recent over the past 6 months, and its got to the point now where only those really wanting a fight or lamers will go for outposts, no one else cares now.

The way the game has gone todo with spells has made it worse, and thus like you said made people go for a TL 3 heal or a low lvl shelter just to drop someone.

In the old days you would see an entire force with just one or maybe 2 ppu's max, and a few APU's thrown in, there was a good selection of other classes then, today its either monk'cron or now tank'cron with devs.

PvP in the old days was all about teamwork and skill, a few clans had that and thats why we remember back to the good old days of the fighting, these days its numbers and/or turrets being dropped, nothing else.

Hybrid, I would love to see hybrids back to the way they was, with some slight changes, but this pushing apu/ppu classes tbh has fucked it up, now with people screaming for s/d self cast its only going to get worse, is it any wonder you saw monk'cron when no one wanted to die they went PPU, a lot of the older hybrids got screwed and went either apu or ppu, there are only a few people from the old days that have been monks for, well since i can remember "Shadow dancer is one of them"

To many people goto a class thats flavour of the day for them, oh oh a new tank wep called teh Dev, lets either get a 2nd account of reroll my PE and go own people.

What about getting the skill needed on your char to kill people.

IMHO NC has got worse over the past 6months at least, outpost fights are boring, no real incentive to take and hold a outpost when your enemy uses lame tactics just to win the fight when they know full well that they wont hold it next morning.

Bah so much thats gone into the game has come about coz people moaned on the forums and KK listened to them, instead they ignored brainport and some damn good ideas that was posted there, they should have put up a official poll to the player base to ask if they wanted hybrids nerfed, to ask if they wanted a change in turrets, to ask the community first for viable solutions.

They would have got the best feedback from that, and could have really made the game very sweet indeed.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 17:05
dont get me wrong this aint a bitching tread i still love the game and will do 4eva <3

it is the best mmorpg out there even if it is just for the PvP

great game love it to bits but it could be soooooooooooo much more

Darken
18-02-04, 17:05
My vote it got worse =/
so was added alot cool stuff
but the whole cool game play from 4-5 month ago gots destroyed it just makes not that much fun as neocron did befor =/

angelsenior
18-02-04, 17:09
the game is better then before because;

-it runs more smoothly then before

-monks have become a less bigger threat (I mean, its ok for each char class to have its adv/disadvantages but monks had way TOO many advantages and not as much disadvantages as the other classes).

-more items

-combat vehicles (and slightly better stats for the other vehicles).
at least now people use vehicles more then before, anti-vehicle weapons have also been introduced.

-PA and stealth for SPY and PE along with a few other minor changes (at least now they stand some chance in fights).
Allthough the stealth can be anoying at some times, i like the cat and mice game trying to catch em uncloaked (certainly VS each other :) ).

-the GR/turret security which gives OP owners a small control on the sector.

-the epic missions (they're not yet what it should be but they do add some reason for exploration of the wastes and some epic items are very good).

-the skill system reworks.

That's all I can think of right now.

About hybrids; at some point I Really had the impression that even noob/medium players with monks could beat highly skilled players with other char types and that is what I dont like.
Certainly, as some players will reroll their char to be part of the Uber class.

blumblumshub
18-02-04, 17:12
Originally posted by Peter Andre
great game love it to bits but it could be soooooooooooo much more

Oh yes, absolutely I agree, there is so much untapped potential within Neocron it makes me bleed.

But this thread wasn't about that, it was just about over the last 6 months.

I wasn't here 6 months ago though, so my opinions are from 12 months ago :)
Blum

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 17:17
ok epics ill give u but everything else is what im agenst introduction of new stuff when the old stuff needs work:confused:

monks are no more less a threat then they were it just takes 2 instead of 1 imho apu/ppu combo is still the best

angelsenior
18-02-04, 17:29
Well,
I did say LESS bigger threat, so they still are but not as before.

Regularly putting new items is a must in this game, as each new item forces players to rethink their way of playing/setup etc.. while with keeping the same items, beyond a certain point everyone starts to use the same Uber setup which is not very original.

As new items come into the game, those players who thaught they had all the best stuff have to start collecting parts/items again, so it balances new players versus veteran players a bit.

Also, as some char types become stronger or instead lose strength the game becomes more challenging in adapting your char to these changes.

I do agree however that many existing items/features need a rework.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 17:39
as yoda said new items means that there will be a mad rush to the class that gets them (e.g. psi PA monk-0-cron/stealth PE-0-cron/dev tank-0-cron) which makes classes faid/grow every1 is rerolling their PE's to make tanks and when they get bored/dev gets nerf'd they will roll back im not saying never introduce a new item ever again just dont make so drastic changes that will make ppl abandon the classes that have potentioal

Jest
18-02-04, 18:26
I think you have some good points but many people confuse the PvP going down hill with the ability levels going up. I mean seriously, back in the day, no one knew about anything. A good setup? What the hell was that? In the early days of retail a good Con setup was as many poitns in Athletics as you can spare. Resist Force? Uh no. PPUs were just as good back then, but no one was a PPU. People plain and simple didnt understand the mechanics of the game. If anything, our longing of the old days of PvP is the same as us longing to live in ignorance of the game. (Which I think we all do).

Though personally, I think longing for the days of the hybrid is stupid, because every one will become a hybrid. I sure as hell would haha. Hell I have a hybrid char right now. If you long for the days when a single person could take on an army of 7 or 8 people, then I just dunno. Again back then people didnt totally know what they were doing, so the hybrids that did know what they were doing dominated. If the hybrid was brought back in its old form that it was before, the monk situation would be ridiculously out of control. No, lets see what hybrids do with the new changes. Give it a few weeks and good hybrids will start emerging, they always do. The hybrid finds a way to survive.

Newb buffs and heal? Lame, maybe, but its often the only way to kill someone with a PPU. I try not to instantly resort to tl 3 heal, I try and do my best without it, but if its gonna come down to me or the enemy, your damn right Im going to use it. :p

PA? I know what you mean, though not every one relies on it. The other day a bunch of us BD went looking for some op fights and it was like 3 monks + 6 PEs and only one of the PEs had PA on. There are plenty of good setups without it. I enjoy not wearing mine. ;)

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 18:55
i guess it is just me wishing to be a n00b again wantong to hear about almost legendery fights with one man prospering overwelming odds just kinda left me in ore :eek:

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 19:00
anyother thing about PA i profer not to wear it b/c it gives me a sence of idnetity not lookin like every other mofo ppu on the server. i mean if u were dead and saw a red head psi monk in pimk clothes u just knew it was polarity i guess i jus wanna be recognised:rolleyes:

Agent L
18-02-04, 19:14
Exactly what Jest said.
The taste of new is unreplacable and everything you can do is move to another completly diferent game.

Plus:
We were younger, grass was greener and sun shined stronger.
Past always looks better than it was.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 19:24
i dont know if everyone that has posted on this thread was around a year ago but if we dont remanis (fuck knows how to spell it the lookin back thingy) what do we compair things in the present with often i talk with the ppl i started my NC life with and talk bout our experiances and u realise that what we have now is what we dreamed of having back then money/nice stuff the things u think u need as a n00b and u get to where u dreamed and think what i would trade to have those dreams again :)

SorkZmok
18-02-04, 19:34
ok here we go...

i started playing about 13-14 months ago and back when i was a n00b i was hearing stories of surtain ppl and as sad as it sounds i wanted to aspire to that lvl having the whole server alkin about you. but anyway for 6-7 months i was loving the game i had my caped spy doin PvM everyday killin warbots stockin my rare pool and then i joined a clan and got into PvP started doin OP fights fighting in pepper park u know what i mean.

i know this wont go down with everyone but i did a mini poll on ooc and got a resounding yes to my sugestions so i thought i my aswell put em on the forums:

1. way back when i was starting my PvP experiance i had some of the best fights of my NC life agenst the old skool NDA i mean pol/cent the propper NDA and there were no lame ass tactics not turret dropping (infact no turrets atall) it was just about PvP and showing your worth to your clan how ever the integration of turrets has turned most OP fights on pluto into what it was when i started PvM and tbh that dont really get me going as a ppu. basicly this point is about turrets in OP's and how they shouldnt be there or atleast fuckin nerf the drop time/dmg/effect they have b/c it has spoild OP fighting for me :(

2. Hybrids:eek:. ffs bring em back. Yes they were over powered but only to the ppl that knew how to play them. their names still live on CC/mummi/nemesis_2k u know all the names. i know that KK r trying to balence out the game and all but even though they were over powered only a few were good and i dont think that all the nerfs are called for most were drastic to say the least is not even like u wormed it out it was just there and then BAM gone. this is prolly the bit that no1 will agree with but i would love to see them back

3. with the invent of anti buff u were bound to get the ppl who want to exploit things to the max yes im talkin n00b buffs (not calling them an exploit btw). i mean come on i know the idea of games is to win but at the expence of other ppl's enjoyment dont think so or hope not anyway :confused: i can take anti buff and i know that it takes good timing to get n00b buffs to work but it is one of the lamest things in this game i mean i was in PP earlier i didnt have anyone with me and there was about 6-7 enemies in there so i though i would see how much i could take make sure i aint lost it :p and to my amazment within 30 sec's of being in there i was TL3 heal'd i possed absolutly no threat what so ever yet they still trying to cheeply kill me i was gobsmaked :confused:

4. contredicing point 3 i do have a problem with anti buff especialy holy. ok u nerf rezz to 25 seconds b/c 6 is too fast but surely 3 seconds to take away sum1s only defence is equaly too fast 8|

5. last one getting bored ;) PA WTF is down with this??? k goin back to when i started noone wore PA u didnt need it and still dont yea everyone insists that it is a nesesaty if it is how the hell didnt ppl do it b4 PA? i would class myslef as one of the better ppu's on pluto not the best i know but no where near the worst and i do NOT wear PA and still mange ok if it was this nesasery how comes i dont die to sigle apus??? im just trying to get the point that it is a luxuary that has been bestowed upon us + u got to be honest most of them look crap :D :D :D
1. My opfights still are great. I had some better ones in the past, some really sucked. But atm i still like it. Even with turretdropping and tons of ppus. Although i have to admit its not as much fun as it could be. Cause most of the clans im at war with, dont fight for fun, they fight to win. So they drop tons of turrets everytime and bring about 1 ppu for 1 tank/monk. o_O

2. I played a hybrid when i was a noob. A bad one. And i could easily take out 3 or maybe more ppl. There were some really godlike hybrids, but even a bad one was way stronger than 2 of every other class.

3. Yep, Noob buffs are mean. I dont care. I dont play a ppu. :D And as long as its not an exploit to tl 3 heal ppus, i'll keep on doing it. At least to those asses who dont when they lost a fight and just wont leave.

4. If you think about the fact that antibuff is the only thing there is against ppus, its just fine.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 19:39
3. Yep, Noob buffs are mean. I dont care. I dont play a ppu. And as long as its not an exploit to tl 3 heal ppus, i'll keep on doing it. At least to those asses who dont when they lost a fight and just wont leave.

bah checky fucker :p

If you think about the fact that antibuff is the only thing there is against ppus, its just fine.

it isnt the only thing ppl have atal u got ya TL3 heal and n0bie shelter :p

but no seriously there r many ways that a TEAM of ppl can drop a ppu without antibuff

Shadow Dancer
18-02-04, 20:14

I agree, I think turret dropping really has gotten out of hand. :mad: Some people seem to come to an op war for the sole purpuse of shitting out turrets all over the place or stealth dropping them.

Only overpowered to people who knew how to play them? O_O

Is that supposed to make it ok? It's NOT ok to be overpowered, especially to the degree that they were. I'd like to see more hybrids, but only if they aren't overpowered. And no hybrids deserve to use bless or holy heal DURING combat.

Meh, sorry I feel no sympathy. PPUs are a major problem right now. I'll be against noob buffing when PPUs are FINALY balance.

Except that antibuff is meant to be used during combat and offensively.

o_O

You can't even compare those spells.

Personally, I think apus NEED pa. Before PA, my HL did the same damage as an energy beam if I chose to have "decent" mana pool. If I totally gimp my mana pool(like 250), then it did a bit more than energy beam. Way too much of a penalty for not wearing one.

I think monk pa needs better colors and PE pa needs a complete overhaul, kuz it's ugly. :p

Now to answer your Qwestion. Is it better or worse? Hrmmmmm.

I'd have to say worse, lol. Sorry, it really hurts me to say that. I think that KK can be very careless when it comes to pvp balance, IMO. I don't want to sound like a dick, but that's what I feel. Certain pvp problems should have never even arised IMO if KK played the game. Maybe they do, but it really seems to me like they don't or didn't.

I think pvp balance is f*ed up at the moment. :(

Of course I still love NC. I love some op wars. Aside from class balance, I think op wars(which class balance is also related to I guess), needs some serious work.

But i'm still playing, so I guess that says something. lol. Even with it's f*ed up balance I still think NC's pvp>all other pvp.

Peter Andre
18-02-04, 20:55
I agree, I think turret dropping really has gotten out of hand. Some people seem to come to an op war for the sole purpuse of shitting out turrets all over the place or stealth dropping them.

as much as i am ashamed to admit it i have been clan hopping dont hate me :angel: and i have heard leaders of all the clans i have been in say to spesific ppl to take a stun and a gat and place them in strategic positions (e.g. hack room/the entrance) and i also no that they deny they do it the whole clan says that they dont drop turrets its always the other side that does but u got to wake up and realise that OP wars will kepp goin down and down a down hill untill 1 side decides to realise that everyone pays there £5 a month to have fun and winning is a bonus or atleast thats how i feel :mad: :mad: :mad:

Only overpowered to people who knew how to play them? O_O
Is that supposed to make it ok? It's NOT ok to be overpowered, especially to the degree that they were. I'd like to see more hybrids, but only if they aren't overpowered. And no hybrids deserve to use bless or holy heal DURING combat

if u take the good PvPers from each class and just focus on the u would say that, that class is overpowered. take tanks some of the tanks on pluto are insainly hard admitedly not as hard as old skool brids but still i think a few good players gave a good but doomed name to hybrids. i mean if all the hybrids were tanks back then im sure that with all the nerfs tanks would have caped con at like 20 and have to stand still to shoot :D

Meh, sorry I feel no sympathy. PPUs are a major problem right now. I'll be against noob buffing when PPUs are FINALY balance.

bah u can stfu too :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
i dont hear u complaining when we ******** a load of ppl :p

Except that antibuff is meant to be used during combat and offensively.

O_o

You can't even compare those spells.

i admit that 6 seconds was too fast for rezz but i just feel that ppu's in the heat of battle dont always see antibuff.
i just feel that either rezz should be shorter maybe 15 seconds or antibuff longer maybe 6-7 seconds

and as for PA im not saying that your not better with PA on infact u get better stats all im saying is that it isnt a nesesity