PDA

View Full Version : Can we exchange apartments now?

blumblumshub
18-02-04, 15:16
Hi there,

I know a while ago it was impossible to hand over ownership of an apartment to someone else due to a bug.

I haven't bought an apartment as my current character yet, but since I have a good barter skill I would like to buy one and transfer it to someone else, who has less barter skill.

Is this possible? I've even forgotten how buying apartments work, it's been so long!

Thanks,
Blum

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 15:18
As far as I know, it's now safe as long as the guy buying the appartment makes sure he activates the key after you give it to him.

EDIT: Hmm, the 60 second rule seems to think I should go back to work...

blumblumshub
18-02-04, 15:31
Originally posted by J. Folsom
As far as I know, it's now safe as long as the guy buying the appartment makes sure he activates the key after you give it to him.

EDIT: Hmm, the 60 second rule seems to think I should go back to work...

Eh?
Blum

Strych9
18-02-04, 15:36
I am pretty sure that apartment bug has been fixed.

It USED to be that if you activated an apt, then gave it to someone else, whether they activated it or not if YOUR runner that first activated it was rerolled or cancelled, then the apt and everything in it would be deleted.

I think that has been fixed though.

J. Folsom
18-02-04, 15:36
Originally posted by blumblumshub
Eh?
Blum Big-fella buyer, him smash key got from big-fella barter. Then him happy always!

:p

What I'm trying to say is, you can trade appartments all you want, as long as you make sure the person who originally bought the appartment is no longer the owner when the other guy has it.

Hmm, that's still too vague...

Ok, here's how it works, in a step-by-step thingamabob:

The appartment key get's given to another player.
Now, the player who just recieved the key should use it, this will transfer the appartment's ownership.
Now, the appartment should be safe forever.

Of course, it's always no problem if you buy it on your barter, but the barter doesn't use the key.

blumblumshub
18-02-04, 16:12
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Big-fella buyer, him smash key got from big-fella barter. Then him happy always!

:p

Well why on Earth didn't you just say so?

:lol:
Blum