PDA

View Full Version : how is this for an idea for a new pvp system and le use.

masterguyver
18-02-04, 09:00
why not make it so that if you keep you le chip in you can be in clan, do ops wars, and faction base killing only, instead of open pvp when you don't have it in. this way people that choose to leave there le chip in are not restricted in there playing, when they are paying the same as the people that do not have there le in.

Nash_Brigham
18-02-04, 11:20
:wtf:

No offense but your statement is rather confusing. Are you basically saying that in wrzones, that an LE user would be attackable, but in all other zones, the LE user is invulnerable?

masterguyver
18-02-04, 12:39
this is how it would be.

warzone/ops wars = open pvp

non warzone/ops war zones would be normal between le and non le players.

le pvp = between le players only (no non le players) for faction enemies only when not in a warzone/ops war area.
example 2 le players can kill each other in pepper park if they are faction enemies.

Apocryphal
18-02-04, 13:17
Originally posted by masterguyver
why not make it so that if you keep you le chip in you can be in clan, do ops wars, and faction base killing only, instead of open pvp when you don't have it in.

Bad idea.... Now how would the game know you were in a ops war and not getting your ass killed in some random PvP action???

The system is fine the way it is. If you don't want PvP then go play Sims Online or something.

Xylaz
18-02-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Apocryphal
If you don't want PvP then go play Sims Online or something.

And if u don't want to piss me off stop talking shit like that !!!
Is it really so hard so act like the normal civilised human being? really?

CarniFlex
18-02-04, 13:53
Actually I kinda like this idea. would make people criminals when you take it out etc. Needs some finetuning on whats pvp going to be.

masterguyver
18-02-04, 21:15
Bad idea.... Now how would the game know you were in a ops war and not getting your ass killed in some random PvP action???

The system is fine the way it is. If you don't want PvP then go play Sims Online or something.

1. who said i did not want pvp. I just want it to have a point.

2. Now how is this tought to understand? if you are in a ops war/warzone that is the hole area and if you are not in a ops war/warzone you can only be killed by a faction enemy.

3. if the system is fine as it is. Why are there not more people playing?. Don't give me the "it's buggy, or poor promoter". People will play buggy games (just look at starwars galixey), when i did a post on a game forum about this game more people remember this game then did not.

4. Why are games like eq, ao, e&b, eve, FFxiso popular. They are not pvp driven. even swg and DoAC have a point behind there pvp.

So hopefuly the devs will will read this and realy think about it.

Elric
18-02-04, 21:21

The system already recognizes if your in an OP zone. how else would the system know when to give Outpost bonuses.

Dont particulalry like the idea myself though.

LTA
18-02-04, 21:35

Whatever it is it dosent matter in the warzone bearing in mind you accept the fact you can die out there so weather random or op war you choose to be allowed to kill upon entering the zone.

At the end of the day they are playing Neocron, i am sure if they wanted to play sims they would be playing sims.

The le is there it exists, my pov is it shouldn't work outside the city factions and definately not in the wl unless your in some City controlled zone (say had a op).
Maybe just have special LE zones, ie where copbots are around the area as say a few outposts for a impending doy attack and while they are out they offer protection to those loyal to reeza.
The zones shouldn't be in other faction zones, ie FA or TG just some random zones that aren't populated much, hell even add things to empty zones to encourage people around em atm people are all in the same places except for a few.

Edit : Or merge some servers so they have plenty of people to spread amongst the factions so people can actually get aid from there faction or have lotsa people around to group or fight with instead of a remote chance of seeing another same fac unless your in the strongest....

masterguyver
18-02-04, 21:38
if you say it is a bad idea, can you please say why?
is it couse it would allow le players to be more apart of the game with out open pvp, sence they are paying the same as non le players should they not have the ablity to be in clans, do ops wars, and fight for your faction.

ichinin
18-02-04, 21:39
Actually i liked the rules of engagement in SWG;

1. Stay neutral (Le chip thing)
2. Join either side but dont attack any players or npcs (no PvP)
3. same as 2, but attack NPCS = TEF, you can be killed temporarily (Semi PvP)
4. Full PvP, can attack/be attacked by everything.

TEF = Temporary Enemy Flag.

3 was my choise - i could eliminate people that attacked rebel installations and kill em but i could not go on killing sprees killing "imps" as i wanted and i could NOT be attacked for no reason _unless_ i went into an imperial base and started shooting the place up.

Duels was also pretty ok.

Genty
18-02-04, 23:35
this is how it would be.

warzone/ops wars = open pvp

non warzone/ops war zones would be normal between le and non le players.

I can see it now, a battle in an OP zone and then when an LE player is getting beat he quickly hops to the next zone where he can not be touched, re-heals/buffs and comes back in. I see thats fair....

le pvp = between le players only (no non le players) for faction enemies only when not in a warzone/ops war area.
example 2 le players can kill each other in pepper park if they are faction enemies.

The whole point of the LE is so people don't have to participate in PvP. The fact that LE'ed people can still kill other LE'ed people is complete Bull Shit if you ask me.

suler
18-02-04, 23:48
OP WARS WITH AN LE LOLOLOLDODODLD

what are you going to do play tetris to see who gets the op?

EDIT: OH NO WAIT TETRIS WOULD BE A FORM OF PVP MY MISTAKE

EDIT: uh I guess I didn't read it but why what you want sounds like some sort of swg type system.

ghandisfury
19-02-04, 02:17
I know exactly how you feel.....you're tired of getting ganked right? You're out hunting...minding your own business.....having a good time and grabbing some techs right? Then from out of nowhere 10 APUs, 5 tank, 27 PPUs, and a spy (wow, that was a DARK day) cut down your 27/33 spy right? It get's frustrating believe me I know, but there is hope coming. These people will no longer be able to hide behind safe zones....Wait for DoY mate, alot is going to change.

HOPEFULLY one of those changes will be no more safe slot.

Judge
19-02-04, 02:22
if you say it is a bad idea, can you please say why?
is it couse it would allow le players to be more apart of the game with out open pvp, sence they are paying the same as non le players should they not have the ablity to be in clans, do ops wars, and fight for your faction.

If they want PvP then they should take the LE out.

You seem to have a crusade to make this game more carebearish or let LEs people pay less (:rolleyes:), I recommend that you stop before you get flamed to death.

Do you play on saturn by any chance?

Marx
19-02-04, 02:32
Dude, what part of the LE don't you understand?

If you want to take part in PvP at OP wars and be in a clan, TAKE IT OUT.

If you want to live in reletive security (aka seclusion) leave it in.

The LE revolves around you and your ability to cope. If you can't take the idea of dying to a PKAR MANZ, why should you be able to die in battle? There is no difference in those deaths, yet people accept one more than the other.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 05:28
Originally posted by Genty
I can see it now, a battle in an OP zone and then when an LE player is getting beat he quickly hops to the next zone where he can not be touched, re-heals/buffs and comes back in. I see thats fair....

but non le players can do the same.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 05:32
Originally posted by suler
OP WARS WITH AN LE LOLOLOLDODODLD

what are you going to do play tetris to see who gets the op?

EDIT: OH NO WAIT TETRIS WOULD BE A FORM OF PVP MY MISTAKE

EDIT: uh I guess I didn't read it but why what you want sounds like some sort of swg type system.

Try reading again. warzones/ops war = open pvp. that meand that when you enter a warzone/ops war zone you are fair target. Does not matter if you have a le or not!

Myrlin
19-02-04, 05:33

So I put in my LE so I can opt out of PvP and some PKer decides he wants to kill me anyways. So all he has to do is put in an LE and then he can kill me? What the hell is the point of the LE if I can still be killed by other players?

Myrlin
19-02-04, 05:35
but non le players can do the same.

No they can't. When non-LEd players zone they are still vulnerable to attacks from other runners. With your system, when an LEd runner leaves they zone they are suddenly protected from all other runners.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 05:46
Originally posted by ghandisfury
I know exactly how you feel.....you're tired of getting ganked right? You're out hunting...minding your own business.....having a good time and grabbing some techs right? Then from out of nowhere 10 APUs, 5 tank, 27 PPUs, and a spy (wow, that was a DARK day) cut down your 27/33 spy right? It get's frustrating believe me I know, but there is hope coming. These people will no longer be able to hide behind safe zones....Wait for DoY mate, alot is going to change.

HOPEFULLY one of those changes will be no more safe slot.

1. my highest charater is a tank that is can just use tl 50 laser cannon. (just got it) so i have not done any tech hunting.
2. I still have my le chip in sence the only pvp battles i have seen and heard of is a caped player with epic that goes around owning all the players that are 1/2 or less lvl.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 05:50
Originally posted by Myrlin
No they can't. When non-LEd players zone they are still vulnerable to attacks from other runners. With your system, when an LEd runner leaves they zone they are suddenly protected from all other runners.

No you did not read it.
1. if they are being attacked by another le player that is of a ENEMY FACTION zoning will not save them. only if it is a non le player vs a le player when they zone will the "protection" as you put it will take effect. that is the same if the non le player zoned whil being chased by a le player.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 05:57
Originally posted by Myrlin
So I put in my LE so I can opt out of PvP and some PKer decides he wants to kill me anyways. So all he has to do is put in an LE and then he can kill me? What the hell is the point of the LE if I can still be killed by other players?

only if the pker is of the enemy faction. which as it should be. that means that players can't be a faction that is nutral or allied.

Also sence 90% of all pkers are caped players that have all 4 brain slots taken. that means that first they have to take one out, put in the le chip that takes what 5-10 min to do. kill you then have to find a poker to but the old implant back in. that is more work and and a longer attention span then the adverage pker has.

masterguyver
19-02-04, 06:27
Originally posted by Judge
If they want PvP then they should take the LE out.

You seem to have a crusade to make this game more carebearish or let LEs people pay less (:rolleyes:), I recommend that you stop before you get flamed to death.

Do you play on saturn by any chance?

1. yes i do play on saturn.

2. no i am not trying to make this game "carebearish" I am trying to make the game waht it is sapost to be.

It is time that the company and players wake up and smell the coffie. neocron will be left in the dust, and no addon will be able to help when and IF it comes out. Remember this is a mmorpg (massive muti-player online ROLEPLAYING game) not a fps game.
People will play a buggy game (look at swg, it still has more players on it's worst server then neocron has on all it's server if everyone was log in at the same time, and it was the buggest pos i ever beta and played). If neocron truly wants to get out of the dark forgoten corner of the mmorpg players communaty they need to make more changes then just graphic and zone changes.

You can hate me if you want, but i can see the posiblity of neocron beyond open pvp, but others can't see it sence open pvp is shoved into players faces.

Here is a question for all the players. Name one popular (like eq) or even half popular (like ao) that requires you to partisipate in open pvp to be in a guild and/or get "epic items".

KimmyG
19-02-04, 06:34
why not make it so that if you keep you le chip in you can be in clan, do ops wars, and faction base killing only, instead of open pvp when you don't have it in. this way people that choose to leave there le chip in are not restricted in there playing, when they are paying the same as the people that do not have there le in.

LE in means you are not part of PvP, not part of clans, not part of op wars. You are a runner who has chosen the solo path. IF you dont want the restrictions of the LE take it out.

You are enjoying safety from being PKed at the cost of not being able to attack someone else.

Preety much you seem to want to go to war with a clan and not have to deal with the consequences of after the op war. So go fight a clan for an op, lose or win then go farm and level in a clan territory with out being attacked yea thats real fair.

Breschau
19-02-04, 09:06
Don't like the idea.

Main reason: it removes the choice of opting out of PvP entirely that the current LE provides. Personally I don't see a need for a hybrid of the two extremes (I'd rather see work done to make factions and faction sympathies mean more, and for soullight to be done away with or seriously revised).

FatDogg
19-02-04, 10:30
I dont think it is a horrible idea, but something about it seems wrong....

Ulle
19-02-04, 13:31
Seriously now masterguyver can you please us the edit button and compress all your back to back posts into one next time, you alone are making this thread twice as long as it needs to be.

Judge
19-02-04, 15:59
2. no i am not trying to make this game "carebearish" I am trying to make the game waht it is sapost to be.

And how the hell would you know what its "supposed" to be... Neocron is cyberpunk not some fucking SWG sci fi carebear shit ok? So stop attempting to turn it into it. I don't care if you think that this is or isn't going to turn Neocron more carebearish I know that it would.

It is time that the company and players wake up and smell the coffie. neocron will be left in the dust, and no addon will be able to help when and IF it comes out. Remember this is a mmorpg (massive muti-player online ROLEPLAYING game) not a fps game.

Ah yes.... the carebears last port of call... "But this a roleplaying game" Oh yeah, so roleplaying means that we all go sit down in a diner somewhere and have tea right? Well if thats what suits you then go do it, but don't attempt to afflict it upon me. I roleplay and I also love PvP, I attack faction enemies or anyone in my faction who I perceive as a traitor, I organise events for the benefit of my
faction, I play my characters role. So don't try and tell me what Roleplay is.

People will play a buggy game (look at swg, it still has more players on it's worst server then neocron has on all it's server if everyone was log in at the same time, and it was the buggest pos i ever beta and played). If neocron truly wants to get out of the dark forgoten corner of the mmorpg players communaty they need to make more changes then just graphic and zone changes.

Neocron serves a minority very well thanks very much. I don't want everquest in the future ta very much, even if that means we get 1000's of players on each server.

You can hate me if you want, but i can see the posiblity of neocron beyond open pvp, but others can't see it sence open pvp is shoved into players faces.

Open PvP IS neocron. Safezones are being removed in BDoY, Neocron IS about conflict.

Here is a question for all the players. Name one popular (like eq) or even half popular (like ao) that requires you to partisipate in open pvp to be in a guild and/or get "epic items".

Shadowbane. They don't even let you have an LE.

If you have any sort of business sense at all (what you appear to be attempting to show, without much success, above) then you would have realised that the lack of MMORPGs which have open PvP is a community which is untapped.

A cyberpunk game without open PvP.... ffs.

ichinin
19-02-04, 18:54
And how the hell would you know what its "supposed" to be... Neocron is cyberpunk not some fucking SWG sci fi carebear shit ok? So stop attempting to turn it into it. I don't care if you think that this is or isn't going to turn Neocron more carebearish I know that it would.

SWG is not carebear. It's a bit less contentless than NC but not carebear. There are no safezones and no copbots you can hide behind. If i saw you in SWG, i'd kill your ass in seconds - prooving my point.

Ah yes.... the carebears last port of call... "But this a roleplaying game" Oh yeah, so roleplaying means that we all go sit down in a diner somewhere and have tea right?

No.

Its intresting that some of the mega uber PKers want full PvP but they still dont want to remove the skillbased aiming system (weaponlore etc) because then people with REAL SKILL would PK their asses over and over...

Full PvP = remove weaponlore!

Judge
19-02-04, 21:00
Originally posted by ichinin
Its intresting that some of the mega uber PKers want full PvP but they still dont want to remove the skillbased aiming system (weaponlore etc) because then people with REAL SKILL would PK their asses over and over...

So you think that aiming with, for example, the libby takes no skill? Right. Isn't SWG turn based?

Originally posted by ichinin
Full PvP = remove weaponlore!

How did you work that one out?

ichinin
19-02-04, 21:06
Isn't SWG turn based?

Turn based? TURN BASED? Its just as much turn based as Neocron is. The only suxxor thing about it is that there is no evaluation version you can download and play totally for x days, pretty much the only one i've run into that dont have it.

How did you work that one out?

People are discussing it. Check threads in this forum.

masterguyver
20-02-04, 08:41
Originally posted by Ulle
Seriously now masterguyver can you please us the edit button and compress all your back to back posts into one next time, you alone are making this thread twice as long as it needs to be. sorry.

JackScratch
20-02-04, 09:18
WOW, this is the first idea I have ever seen that I like nothing about. Actauly, that nisnt entirely true, being in a clan and being able to join in OP wars with the LE in sounds great. The only problem I realy have with the game right now is that the LE is a joke, a sick joke. I don't, however think this is the answer, even the LE in but OPwar part. I think the LE should have bigger penalties for insertion/removal, but absolutely no penalties for wearing, you should be able to do anything but PvP with the LE in, and that includes wear the same number of Imps.

VetteroX
20-02-04, 10:38
how about we just remove the le from the game and advertise nc as a pvp mmorpg. Then the carebears can play sims online and pvpers can come here.