PDA

View Full Version : Question of game mechanics: Zoning

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:26
To someone who's familiar with the engine, or even a Developer or someone who works on the game:

Is it possible to have items synchronize across a zone line without a player accompanying them?

i.e. throwing a nade at a zone line, and then it would "synchronize" itself and end up on the other side?

If so then MANDER TSS has a really cool idea...

If not then damn, but I'll post the idea later anyways ;p

bounty
18-02-04, 05:39
no, and you're lucky if when you zone, you yourself end up in the next zone, and even luckier if your vehicle zones with you as well without a crash or some other problem.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:40
Originally posted by bounty
no, and you're lucky if when you zone, you yourself end up in the next zone, and even luckier if your vehicle zones with you as well without a crash or some other problem.

ruining all my fun :(

damn zone lines ;p

bounty
18-02-04, 05:43
to be honest i wish there were zero zones line in this game, i'm suprised with the new engine and all it at least is minimized a bit. Maybe every 4 squares = 1 zone with the new engine. THat would be awesome.

ZoneVortex
18-02-04, 05:49
Originally posted by bounty
to be honest i wish there were zero zones line in this game, i'm suprised with the new engine and all it at least is minimized a bit. Maybe every 4 squares = 1 zone with the new engine. THat would be awesome.

ah man that'd be nice

i mean...it's possible...hope it comes like that, seen it in other games atleast :(